Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Perfect Cell

Behold; Ultimecia...

Technically the most dangerous foe of any Final Fantasy game. Ultimecia has the Power of every Sorceress that has ever lived, her own personal Sorceress Power seems to focus on space and time. She is prone to casting spells that involve bending space, she can absorb fallen party members into time; and of course, her goal revolves around the casting of Time Compression, which naturally involves the bending of all time and space. She furthermore seems able to manipulate either time or space so that she can summon a or create a Guardian Force permanently to the battlefield for the sole purpose of aiding her.

As the Master of Time, Ultimecia can Time Compress all of the known time of the entire Universe into one single moment. Reading and seeing everything she needed or wanted to know within that single moment. She can Slow, Stop, and Haste time to her liking without the worry of loosing MP because due to her Time Compression Powers, no energy can be lost and all energy can be gathered within her by Time Compression.

And though other Final Fantasy bosses like Sephiroth, Kuja, Keifka, Sin, and Altima seem to be more powerful; none of them would actually have the ability to defeat Ultimecia because Ultimecia has the power to "Junction" opponents to herself just as Onslaught absorbs people, and would be able to trap souls in time for eternity or make you not able to exist at all.

On top of all this, Ultimecia has the most sophisticated mind-reading ability of any Sorceress in the game. Presumably this also stems from her power over space and time, allowing her to "reach" inside another person's brain to steal thoughts, knowledge, and even magic. When battling Ultimecia, she has the ability to completely destroy one character's stock of magic; a further demonstration of her power.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Zoom

Final Fantasy, while a really fun game, isn't compatable with any other medium.  Think about it.  Cloud at level 50 is waaaaaay more powerful than Cloud at level 1 to the point that something that could kill him at level 1 in one hit barely scratches him at level 50.  Everyone in the game is at least partially bulletproof.  Sometimes a man sized monster running into  the player character hurts more than machine gun fire.  The characters stand around and wait their turn to attack despite nobody else doing that. 

It's not compatable.  There's no frame of reference for anything final fantasy related against anything not final fantasy related.  Battles with Final Fantasy characters don't even make sense.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Perfect Cell
Zoom said:
"

Final Fantasy, while a really fun game, isn't compatable with any other medium.  Think about it.  Cloud at level 50 is waaaaaay more powerful than Cloud at level 1 to the point that something that could kill him at level 1 in one hit barely scratches him at level 50.  Everyone in the game is at least partially bulletproof.  Sometimes a man sized monster running into  the player character hurts more than machine gun fire.  The characters stand around and wait their turn to attack despite nobody else doing that. 

It's not compatable.  There's no frame of reference for anything final fantasy related against anything not final fantasy related.  Battles with Final Fantasy characters don't even make sense.

"

That's a good point, but the same goes for any game with Leveling features. Have you played X-Men Legends? Good game, but characters at level 1 are waaaay weaker than them being at level 20. The "Wait While It's Your Turn" feature is just the games built-in mechanics.  Most RPG-like games use that battle system.. But let's try not to use game mechanics as the base of this debate, but the usage of the plots of the actual stories.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sparda
Zoom said:
"

"
Mostly agreed, it's pretty hard to compare them to other mediums, excluding something like Advent Children.
Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Resonate

I think you can still get an accurate idea of what they can do at full power throughout the game regardless of their levels, like with certain abilities and things, the "Level system" is simply to prohibit you from doing certain things at a certain point in time, in the beginning of the game, the Fire spell will do the same thing, as it does in the end, with more powerful of an effect than before. And, the damage increasement is simply for having enemies to seem stronger, in the end it doesnt really matter its how difficult they were for you on your level

Regardless, yeah we should use the plot detail and what theyve shown to be able to do, rather than what the game mechanics mean

hope my post made sense, MSN and logical reasoning doesnt work for me right now x__x

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Perfect Cell
Sparda said:
"Zoom said:
"

"
Mostly agreed, it's pretty hard to compare them to other mediums, excluding something like Advent Children."

Game Mechanics don't count. That's like comparing 3D fighting games like Tekken VS 2D fighting games like Street Fighter due to the mechanics. Game mechanics bring alot of handy cap to debates, so try not to use them.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sparda
Perfect Cell said:
"Sparda said:
"Zoom said:
"

"
Mostly agreed, it's pretty hard to compare them to other mediums, excluding something like Advent Children."

Game Mechanics don't count. That's like comparing 3D fighting games like Tekken VS 2D fighting games like Street Fighter due to the mechanics. Game mechanics bring alot of handy cap to debates, so try not to use them.

"

I wasn't talking about game mechanics. I was just agreeing that it's hard to compare them to other mediums. While I agreed with him there, my reasoning behind it is that it is hard to compare Final Fantasy to other mediums because for most of the characters/equipment/technology, they don't provide too much description to go off of.

Resonate said:
"I think you can still get an accurate idea of what they can do at full power throughout the game regardless of their levels, like with certain abilities and things, the "Level system" is simply to prohibit you from doing certain things at a certain point in time, in the beginning of the game, the Fire spell will do the same thing, as it does in the end, with more powerful of an effect than before. And, the damage increasement is simply for having enemies to seem stronger, in the end it doesnt really matter its how difficult they were for you on your level

Regardless, yeah we should use the plot detail and what theyve shown to be able to do, rather than what the game mechanics mean

hope my post made sense, MSN and logical reasoning doesnt work for me right now x__x"

You're post made sense, but I think I'm starting to lose my grip on mine >.>
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Perfect Cell

Anyway, I guess no body here had played the game hence, not know about Ultimecia.

Logic would tell me that Zoom would be unable to beat Ultimecia because though he has control of his own personal time; Ultimecia has total control of all time. There are many ways she could beat Zoom with just Time.  She would be able to compress all time into One Single Moment and erase his entire being and history all together in just one moment of time. She can accelerate or slow down her speed or the speed of others around her; Hence, if she can see Zoom in slow motion, she can move faster than him at any time she wishes. She would be able to take both time and speed away from Zoom. She can accelerate Zooms time zone to were Zoom would age rapidly. She would be able to rewind Zoom's time zone to were he would be a harmless baby. She would be able to make Zoom immortal and unable to die.

And these are just half of her powers. Ultimecia is not just limited to Time; but Space too. And since she has all the powers of all the known magic casters that ever lived; she is able to control or summon all the elements of life. And able to absorb powers, read minds, and use others as though Ash Catcham uses Pokemon.

The only person I know of that could beat Ultimecia without being nigh or completely omnipotent and omniscience would be Thanos with the Time Gem and Space Gem.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Zoom
Perfect Cell said:
"Zoom said:
"

"

That's a good point, but the same goes for any game with Leveling features. Have you played X-Men Legends? Good game, but characters at level 1 are waaaay weaker than them being at level 20. The "Wait While It's Your Turn" feature is just the games built-in mechanics.  Most RPG-like games use that battle system.. But let's try not to use game mechanics as the base of this debate, but the usage of the plots of the actual stories.
"
I completely agree with that.  Any game with a leveling system is incredibly hard to compare to anything else because the power level of each character (and thus the comparative power level of the bad guys) is a variable.

I'd love to ignore game mechanics but what do the FF characters do outside of fighting other FF characters with their variable power levels?  Since when can a guy who is bulletproof get koed by a volleyball (blitzball, essentially the same thing)?  But it can happen easily in Final Fantasy.  Too difficult to compare to any other medium.