• 54 results
#1 Posted by whacknasty (5634 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying to come up with a decent opponent for Zoom without going all multi-versal with it....  Two different scenarios - 

1 - Normal morals apply , Srange can not use flight or levitation at all. Zoom has to wait 5 seconds before any speed blitzing attacks(but can still move freely), and no Ifinite Mass Punching...

2 - Blood lust for both, Strange cant "summon" for 5 seconds, Zoom can use the IMP after 5 seconds... 

hope this goes well... : ) 

#2 Edited by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if Strange's flight would make that much of a difference, it might...can strange breath in space? I forget? but I see your point . 

I think I'll go Zoom here, by the time Strange does anything I think Zoom would have already made his assault. But the 5 seconds thing I think I'll still go Zoom here because his ability to "move fast" isn't nulified in which he has no equal. 

I'll go Zoom

#3 Posted by -Unseen- (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Classic strange could probaly beat him if Zoom is forced to stand there for 5 seconds. If Zoom runs to other end of the earth waits 5 seconds then comes back and Punches through strange's sheilds than knocks his head off he wins

2, Zoom doesn't use IMPs but he doesn't need them in this fight, Strange is screwed via inferior speed.

#4 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

if strange is flying when the fight starts ill say strange
#5 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Unseen-:  In theory Zoom can use an IMP because Force = Mass Times Acceleration thats how he hits harder then superman in the first place so if  he runs across the earth he should be able to achieve it but since its a speed force power I understand what your saying
#6 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Classic strange had auto-shields. That prevents Zoom From Blitzing
  2. Classic Strange has control Over time, just like Zoom. If he decides to stop it, It comes down to a normal human vs a Skyfather lvl magic user
#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Zoom can attack a flier. Flight isn't a factor.

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein said:
"
  2. Classic Strange has control Over time, just like Zoom. If he decides to stop it, It comes down to a normal human vs a Skyfather lvl magic user
"

#9 Posted by angryvigilante (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom wins 95% of all battles

#10 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
@angryvigilante: No. He doesn't. Classic doctor strange could manipulate time much better then zoom can. For strange this is a fight against a normal human.
#11 Posted by angryvigilante (1448 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein: add up all the Zoom battles and find out, I bet I'm close
#12 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
@angryvigilante: Wait, are you saying zoom wins 95 % of his battles overall or with strange?
#13 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange
#14 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein said:
" @angryvigilante: No. He doesn't. Classic doctor strange could manipulate time much better then zoom can. For strange this is a fight against a normal human. "
I think you're right. Strange controls time.
#15 Posted by angryvigilante (1448 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein: Lol overall, in this battle he might be in trouble though
#16 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by DaddyCool (697 posts) - - Show Bio

Strangestomp

#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Strange feat. 

With five seconds of prep, it looks like he'd be able to put himself on par with Zoom as far as speed goes. 

How long (you know what I mean) was Strange able to pull this feat off for?
#19 Posted by -Unseen- (1198 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein said:
"
"

OP prevents Zoom from blitzing, if it didn't zoom would smash straight through the them and through him before he could do anything. 
Classic strange won't be able to think of using time-control before losing. 
#20 Posted by The Opposite (293 posts) - - Show Bio

strange may have the power to control time, but he doesn't have the reaction time nor speed to accomplish that feat before zoom imp him. in other words.... zoom's personal time give him ftl reaction time & speed. strange would have to cast a spell and that takes time. he's far to slow for zoom.

#21 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Opposite said:
"strange may have the power to control time, but he doesn't have the reaction time nor speed to accomplish that feat before zoom imp him. in other words.... zoom's personal time give him ftl reaction time & speed. strange would have to cast a spell and that takes time. he's far to slow for zoom. "

But Strange is being given prep time.  He can cast that spell in five seconds right?
#22 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

scene 1. strange 
scene 2. zoom

#23 Posted by KursePrime (59 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" @The Opposite said:
"strange may have the power to control time, but he doesn't have the reaction time nor speed to accomplish that feat before zoom imp him. in other words.... zoom's personal time give him ftl reaction time & speed. strange would have to cast a spell and that takes time. he's far to slow for zoom. "
But Strange is being given prep time.  He can cast that spell in five seconds right? "
Zoom, can Zoom IMP or not? Just curious, there seems to be some debate over this.
#24 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not IMPunching.  But he is hitting at velocities higher than the speed of light which means he's hitting harder than Superman but not harder than the Flash's rarely used IMP.
#25 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

classic strange's autoshields have tanked blasts from Oblivion, galactus and deathurge. I highly doubt A glorified speedster is getting through them.

#26 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

One example of strange's autoshields, and what the Scan doesn't show you is that he was holding the universe together at that point.

#27 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14430 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic strange is a beast hes time control is beyond zooms so he should take at least 1 of the 2 rounds most probably the first round.

#28 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom: This feat? He simply rewound time Around the planet. The effects are permanent. How long was he able to do this? He's shown time control throughout the classic era.
#29 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein said:

"classic strange's autoshields have tanked blasts from Oblivion, galactus and deathurge. I highly doubt A glorified speedster is getting through them. "

Glorified. 

"To cause to be or seem more glorious or excellent than is actually the case " 

You've never read a comic with Zoom have you?
#30 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom: Yes, I Have. But he is seen As Much more powerful then he really is. He is Not on the level of galactus, oblivion or even deathurge.
#31 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart Allen's series doesn't count. 

Nobody has said that Zoom is as powerful as Oblivion.

#32 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange can be an absolute beast with crazy feats that make Zoom look really one dimensional and weak, but without time to prepare Strange wasn't so impressive so in a random location with no prep I think Zoom can turn him to roadkill. Zoom has crazy speed and in a random encounter I see Zoom taking it
If Classic Strange had any time and I mean any time at all to prepare then this fight is already decided

#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Dr.Strange would kill Zoom regardless the speed he's going at.

#34 Posted by Bo88gdan (4483 posts) - - Show Bio

@rein said:

This .

#35 Posted by nickthedevil (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol okay :P zoom doesn't control time. Just his own bubble. So Strange can freeze the world's time for as long as he wants. It won't affect Zoom. And Zoom's gone through barriers/solid objects beofre (for some unknown reason). Zoom Stomps bro, unless strange can whip something i don't know about in 5 seconds.

#36 Posted by SlimJ87D (10551 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil:

The other problem is that Zoom also can't get past or punch Classic Strange with enough force to bypass his protective barriers which have been shown to take some cosmic hits. It could stalemate for all I know. haven't heard an argument from either side that triumphs the other.

#37 Posted by nickthedevil (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Zoom has actually gone through solid ovjects before... Idk, but people here always bring that up. I know for a fact he should'nt be able to, but he does. So because of that, you're right, it's either a stalemate or zoom gets through it.

#38 Posted by SlimJ87D (10551 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: The barrier is magic. I don't know how well Zoom deals with magic.

The most complicated thing about this debate is that both their powers work by bending the laws of science in every possible way.

#39 Posted by nickthedevil (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed slim. Tthis is one of those battles that needs more showing of each others Limits.

#40 Posted by Jezer (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

The feat of strange stopping time supports that he wins in the scenario where he's given 5 seconds prep.

His autoshields suggest that he might win even without the 5 seconds. It comes down to whether magic would still work to protect him when Zoom is moving with time stopped. His magic can work automatically regardless of his human perceptual speed, but can it work with no time passing ? No clue.

#41 Posted by SlimJ87D (10551 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer: Zoom's powers is controlling his own timestream which has been explained to exist separately from other time. How he gets his infinity stamina, runs on walls, etc is not known since his powers don't work like the Flashes.

The argument is that Strange either does or doesn't have the ability to control Zoom's time stream.

Because of that, the debate has probably lead to fanboyism. From my knowledge, there is absolutely no way either side can support their debates.

#42 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to know how Zoom would deal with a time-stop, which is within Strange's capabilities.

Yeah, "own personal time-frame" and all, but how effective is that if he doesn't have a reference point to alter his time/speed from?

With the "no attacking for 5 seconds" rule for Zoom, couldn't Strange just whip up an invisible containment or gas spell? Zoom can't dodge what he can't see, right?

#43 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Strange
  2. Zoom.
#44 Posted by nickthedevil (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

Slim is right. Neither side can debate this, because All arguements from both sides is only Speculation.

#45 Posted by Bo88gdan (4483 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Dr Strange Stomps Zoom

#46 Posted by XiiX (9078 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

1. Strange
  2. Zoom.
#47 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryvigilante said:

Zoom wins 95% of all battles
#48 Posted by Hulkman123 (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange. He's just on another level.

#49 Posted by jackbensley777 (680 posts) - - Show Bio