Zoom vs Doctor Strange

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Both are at peak forms with all resources available,no prep and bloodlusted.

Who wins,

let it begin

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mickey-mouse

@batmanfanboy: Why you laying bait for Zoom fans....Strange Stomps...While sleeping...and I mean that literally

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dredeuced

At Doctor Strange's peak he'd have automatic shields up that Zoom couldn't break. Zoom would sit there for eons beating on the shield to no avail until Strange finally pulls some Classic banishment nonsense that he's capable of.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intentional Spite

@saren @god_spawn

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

At Doctor Strange's peak he'd have automatic shields up that Zoom couldn't break. Zoom would sit there for eons beating on the shield to no avail until Strange finally pulls some Classic banishment nonsense that he's capable of.

Pretty much this; Peak Strange is Silver/Bronze Age, he's on another level; but I think that was the point.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

Spite.

This was intentional. You made it in response to an argument in the other thread.

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not saying you're all wrong, but how exactly does strange win? Want to know more..

Edit: Don't show me the LT scan..

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dredeuced

@princearagorn1 said:

Not saying you're all wrong, but how exactly does strange win? Want to know more..

It's mostly he has had shields that take blows from the likes of the in-bewteener, galactus, a brief stalemate of IG Warlock, other such things. There's no possible way Zoom can beat Strange's shields and if Strange is as his peak, then he clearly has shields up (strange with shields > strange without shields).

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ LOL.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1 said:

It's mostly he has had shields that take blows from the likes of the in-bewteener, galactus, a brief stalemate of IG Warlock, other such things. There's no possible way Zoom can beat Strange's shields and if Strange it as his peak, then he clearly has shields up (strange with shields > strange without shields).

couldn't he.. phase through them or something? (Just wondering)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@dredeuced said:

@princearagorn1 said:

It's mostly he has had shields that take blows from the likes of the in-bewteener, galactus, a brief stalemate of IG Warlock, other such things. There's no possible way Zoom can beat Strange's shields and if Strange it as his peak, then he clearly has shields up (strange with shields > strange without shields).

couldn't he.. phase through them or something? (Just wondering)

Zoom can't phase.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dredeuced

@comicstooge: Zoom can kind of phase, but it's by abusing time travel and it's really obtuse. Essentially, he shifts himself forward in time until the object is not there anymore, moves in front of it, then shifts himself back. But if zoom just disappeared to time travel in the future then that gives Doctor Strange as long as he wants to sit there, figure out who his opponent is through clairvoyance, figure out what he's doing,and counter it, and Doctor Strange can manipulate time with the best of them, so Hunter's particular brand of "phasing" would be very, very bad against Doctor Strange.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@comicstooge: Zoom can kind of phase, but it's by abusing time travel and it's really obtuse. Essentially, he shifts himself forward in time until the object is not there anymore, moves in front of it, then shifts himself back. But if zoom just disappeared to time travel in the future then that gives Doctor Strange as long as he wants to sit there, figure out who his opponent is through clairvoyance, figure out what he's doing,and counter it, and Doctor Strange can manipulate time with the best of them, so Hunter's particular brand of "phasing" would be very, very bad against Doctor Strange.

Huh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity, is Dr. Strange capable of catching Zoom?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand that Zoom couldn't get through Strange's shields....but how is Strange going to hit Zoom? He's way too fast, it's not like he can just blast him with a spell.

Jmarshmallow

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeathandGrim

How can he not break them?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathandgrim: Because they stand up to high tier cosmic entities and Zoom has nowhere near that level of firepower.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeathandGrim

@dredeuced: I'm not following. Did they all use rapid fire against these shields? Because 1000 IMPs isn't easy to tank. especially in a picosecond

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I'm not following. Did they all use rapid fire against these shields? Because 1000 IMPs isn't easy to tank. especially in a picosecond

Rapid fire doesn't really equate to nearly-infinite cosmic power the likes of which Doctor Strange tended to guard against. Infinite mass punch is nice and all but 1000 Superman level punches would be less than a yawn from Galactus or Inbetweener, if you catch me.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@batmanfanboy: you should've just made a gen discussion thread to avoid accusation, zoom gets stomped here :P

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phase.... through magic? Woah....

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@thanofleeze: its not happening. im a huge zoom fan, but i know when to take a loss

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I understand, Zoom doesn't have the same powers as Flash, he just slows down time to make him faster. Idk much about Zoom though I just saw some people saying that a lot.

Flash could probably do it. It's called phasing through matter mate. Zoom could possibly do it via time travel like what's his name said it earlier.By all logic the shield would have to be something like a hard like construct which Flash could phase through casually if he really wanted to.But that's just based on what I know. I could be wrong about Zoom's powers.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thanofleeze

@elmohump said:

As I understand, Zoom doesn't have the same powers as Flash, he just slows down time to make him faster. Idk much about Zoom though I just saw some people saying that a lot.

@thanofleeze said:

Flash could probably do it. It's called phasing through matter mate. Zoom could possibly do it via time travel like what's his name said it earlier.By all logic the shield would have to be something like a hard like construct which Flash could phase through casually if he really wanted to.But that's just based on what I know. I could be wrong about Zoom's powers.

It's magic, buddy. It's not about physical constructs like what the Lanterns produce. The idea of magic is that it defies logic, otherwise it would just be science.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ElmoHump

@elmohump said:

@thanofleeze said:

It's magic, buddy. It's not about physical constructs like what the Lanterns produce. The idea of magic is that it defies logic, otherwise it would just be science.

Yeah but for it to be solid it has to be in a form of matter..

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: It's not solid. It's like vampires when they can't enter your house until you invite them. They just can't, it's not like there's an invisible wall or anything.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

No Caption Provided

In case you wanted scans. The speed force actually allows for some degree of molecular manipulation. Zoom also isn't technically using speed, so he can't vibrate quickly, he can only move exceedingly quickly.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since he can move fast by slowing everyone down, that would mean that he would actually be moving fast in a way. Theoretically Zoom would be moving fast enough to reach faster than light speed increasing his mass. So he should be able to perform some Infinite Mass Punches.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Strange is a magic users, he doesn't have to hit Zoom with anything. He can cast a spell with Zooms name in it. All magic is not blast based or something tangible enough to evade without mystcal protections.

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Zoom only wishes he had the time controlling abilities like classic Strange. Zoom is a Flash or Superman level villain despite what his fans may think. I mean, how long are we going to pit Zoom against people he has no chance against like Classic Strange or Odin? Get real.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange easily.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baltoro said:
No Caption Provided

Zoom only wishes he had the time controlling abilities like classic Strange. Zoom is a Flash or Superman level villain despite what his fans may think. I mean, how long are we going to pit Zoom against people he has no chance against like Classic Strange or Odin? Get real.

This wouldn't be very effective. He literally had to set this up after a long period of time and lots of concentration. This is, frankly, low end for Classic Strange. Zoom is like this, all the time, with no effort expended. He actually has to consciously slow himself down rather than sit and cast a spell to freeze time for himself.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baltoro: tell that to the OP who made this intentionally

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By mickey-mouse

@princearagorn1: God read about Classic Strange....he was ridiculous once the writers released how stupid it was to have such an incredibly over powered character and how difficult story telling was. They massively down-powered him. And when I say he could beat Zoom in his sleep...I'm 100% not joking...at all.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At Zoom's peak Strange would be a statue for what's basically forever and if he can't break through the shields then it'll be a stalemate because the fight would never end.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#time-stop-spell #soul-removal-spell

TheSingaporean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers