Zoom vs Darkseid

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goyo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By Goyo77

People, you do realize that darkseid can control time right? DS would just de-power zoom and omega beam his ass. And don't give me that superman punch crap, i am yet to see actually evidence of it.  

fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#352  Edited By fitchy101

After looking through this in its entirety, viewing each and every comment, I have come to the conclusion that Zoom wins this. The evidence is in his favour. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#353  Edited By MrDirector786
@Goyo77 said:
People, you do realize that darkseid can control time right? DS would just de-power zoom and omega beam his ass. And don't give me that superman punch crap, i am yet to see actually evidence of it.  
He has time control, but he's not fast enough to use it before Zoom beats him down.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#354  Edited By Zoom
@MKF30 said:
 Otherwise he'd just own Flash like every time with ease
He does.  Have you still not read any Zoom storylines? 

@MKF30 said:
Zoom was tagged by WW(with a blindfold)
Let's be fair, here.  Not only was Zoom going easy on the Justice League but Wonder Woman with a blind fold still can feel air currents and was able to hit the Flash (who, granted, was also going easy on her) no problem in a training session.  It's not like being blindfolded makes Wonder Woman any weaker. 

You know this.  I've told you this at least twice in other threads.  Quit trolling. 

@grimlock said:
@Zoom: so zoom also has nothing else to bring here apart from speed?
Speed that allows him to circle the planet over a dozen times before Darkseid can blink.  Speed that gives him enough momentum to knock Wonder Woman halfway across the planet in one punch.  Speed that gives him enough momentum to hit harder than Superman. 

So yeah, nothing but speed but I don't see what else he could possibly need to beat Darkseid. 

@CapitolPunishment said:
@Zoom
Is this Zoom just super fast or is he the time manipulating Zoom? 
This is the time manipulating one.  He can slow down or even stop his personal timeline.  He can't go backwards or jump forwards but because he can stop his timeline, he basically has infinite time to do whatever he wants and the only character to ever match Zoom going at full speed is Wally West, who has absorbed the speed of three other lightspeeders at the time, allowing him to also (temporarily) move so fast that time stood still. 

Zoom has brought an amazon to the verge of death in a second, beat the stuffing out of Superman, threatened to kill Bizarro and moved so fast that even the Flash couldn't see him.  He was one of the most powerful characters on DC earth but his twisted sense of morality (thankfully) kept him from killing anyone save Plunder. 

@CapitolPunishment said:
This thread is 2 years old and both versions were suposed to be current, when did DC swap the Zoom's?
In Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge (2008), Zolomon aka Zoom used his powers to give time manipulation to Inertia.  Inertia then used this power to take all of Zoom's powers, reverting Zolomon to a crippled and depowered human. 

This was followed by Flash: Rebirth (2009), where Thawne aka Professor Zoom (resurrected in Blackest Night, which hadn't come out yet...and still existing in the future, so I don't know why they bothered resurrecting him) came after Barry Allen, fighting him with new "negative speed force" powers. 

The picture is of Zolomon, though.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@MKF30 said:

You mean like you choose Zoom in most threads? lol No I don't ^  Again, GL and WW with a blindfold have tagged Zoom.... so I'm with Capital there on why he's overrated. Just my opinion, whoever agrees, fine, disagrees fine too....

in addition, Darkseid has time manipulation too...

don't forget that Liberty Bell knocked him silly with a thrown pipe XD
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By Zoom
@m0ntyb0y said:
don't forget that Liberty Bell knocked him silly with a thrown pipe XD
At the time, Zoom wasn't aware that Liberty Belle had any super speed and was fighting slow enough to allow Damage (who also has no super speed...when Geoff Johns is writing him) and Liberty Belle to see him. 

Then Liberty Belle inexplicably gained super speed and pantsed Zoom. 

It's not like she beat him in a straight up fight.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Zoom
Zoom, I'm sure in real life, you're a cool guy
but your online Zoom fanboyism is truly monumental 

I distinctly remember a claim you made that Zoom could probably beat Galactus and Thanos at once
AtheneOwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By AtheneOwnsYou
@m0ntyb0y said:
@Zoom:  Zoom, I'm sure in real life, you're a cool guy but your online Zoom fanboyism is truly monumental   I distinctly remember a claim you made that Zoom could probably beat Galactus and Thanos at once
When did he ever say that? I know Zoom takes Zoom to be a bit far stronger than he is but even in Zoom vs Galactus thread, he has said galactus would win..
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By MrDirector786
@m0ntyb0y said:
@Zoom:  Zoom, I'm sure in real life, you're a cool guy but your online Zoom fanboyism is truly monumental   I distinctly remember a claim you made that Zoom could probably beat Galactus and Thanos at once
I don't remember him ever saying he could beat Galactus.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@AtheneOwnsYou: @MrDirector786

lol, oh you guys...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/zoom-vs-silver-surfer/385874/?page=23

"@m0ntyb0y

said:

"what prevents zoom from beating Thanos or Galactus"

Well for one they aren't in the same universe...."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"@Zoom: if they were zoom would win right XD"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
"@m0ntyb0y said:

" @Zoom: if they were zoom would win right XD"

Against Thanos?  Undoubtably.

Against Galactus?  People will likely say no but considering how often Galactus loses to the Fantastic Four (plot device guns or no), I don't have an confidence in his ability to beat Zoom.  I'm not saying Zoom will beat him because I'm not a Galactus expert but I am saying that I don't see any reason why he can't."
"@Zoom: well thanos, without infinity gauntlet, is around darkseid's level if not higher, so a little bit yes
looking at the power rankings thanos or darkseid's level is at least high level star-scale death god or high-level skyfather
I see that Flash III and Zoom II are only high level heroes/villains below superman and a green lantern member...

what do you think zoom's chances would be against galactus and thanos in a 2 on 1?"
"@m0ntyb0y said:

" @Zoom: well thanos, without infinity gauntlet, is around darkseid's level if not higher, so a little bit yeslooking at the power rankings thanos or darkseid's level is at least high level star-scale death god or high-level skyfatherI see that Flash III and Zoom II are only high level heroes/villains below superman and a green lantern member...what do you think zoom's chances would be against galactus and thanos in a 2 on 1?"

Well considering Zoom has taken on both Superman and Green Lantern at the same time and made them look like rookies, I don't see how you can put him below those guys but whatever.

Zoom also beat Darkseid here, fyi.

2 on 1?  Meh.  Neither Thanos nor Galactus seem to have speed sufficient to rival Zoom.  If he can beat both of them one on one, he can beat both of them at the same time."
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By MrDirector786
@m0ntyb0y
To be fair, he made that post about 2 years ago and said himself he's not really an expert on Galactus.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@MrDirector786
dude, I'm not an expert on Galactus but I know Zoom couldn't beat him 

and he claimed Zoom could take out both Thanos and Galactus at once...
you don't need to be a Galactus expert to realize what a ridiculous claim that is 

I'm pretty sure Zoom, the user, knows more about Galactus than I do, he seems to be pretty familiar with all the times Galactus has been thwarted by the Fantastic 4
AtheneOwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By AtheneOwnsYou
@m0ntyb0y said:
@MrDirector786:  dude, I'm not an expert on Galactus but I know Zoom couldn't beat him   and he claimed Zoom could take out both Thanos and Galactus at once... you don't need to be a Galactus expert to realize what a ridiculous claim that is   I'm pretty sure Zoom, the user, knows more about Galactus than I do, he seems to be pretty familiar with all the times Galactus has been thwarted by the Fantastic 4
SHHH i am new! -_- leave me alone
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By MrDirector786
@m0ntyb0y said:
@MrDirector786:  dude, I'm not an expert on Galactus but I know Zoom couldn't beat him   and he claimed Zoom could take out both Thanos and Galactus at once... you don't need to be a Galactus expert to realize what a ridiculous claim that is   I'm pretty sure Zoom, the user, knows more about Galactus than I do, he seems to be pretty familiar with all the times Galactus has been thwarted by the Fantastic 4
Well, since I'm not Zoom I really can't say much more. He may have changed his views somewhere in the past 2 years or maybe not. I don't know. You'll have to ask Zoom himself if he still thinks that.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@MrDirector786
lol, I just find it rather hilarious
and I don't really care what he thinks now...what happened already happened
Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Suiken_Seiji

Random encounter, I give it to Zoom. Random encounters seem to be his forte in fighting. Has anyone ever encountered him with prep or planning, if so... how well did Zoom stack up?

But with prep or planning, I give it to Darkseid.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Zoom
@m0ntyb0y said:
@Zoom:  Zoom, I'm sure in real life, you're a cool guy but your online Zoom fanboyism is truly monumental
Dude, I'm sure in real life you don't talk about things you don't know about as if you're an expert but online, you do it all the time.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Zoom
@MrDirector786 said:
@m0ntyb0y:  To be fair, he made that post about 2 years ago and said himself he's not really an expert on Galactus.
I said IF Zoom could beat Thanos and Galactus individually, he could beat them both at the same time and I stand by that. 

Zoom (morals off) would kill Thanos in under a microsecond.  This is a generally accepted fact from people that have read comics with Zoom in them and who understand battle forum rules.  That fraction of a second doesn't really hinder Zoom in a battle with Galactus. 

That isn't to say that Zoom beats Galactus.  I don't Galactus that well.  I've asked for scans proving Galactus could beat Zoom and not gotten them (and if someone has them, please bump the appropriate thread.  Don't post them here.  It's bad enough I have to explain why Zoom can beat Liberty Belle and Wonder Woman in EVERY Zoom thread without getting extra sidetracked) but since I don't know Galactus super well outside of Secret Wars and a couple of X-Men storylines, I can't say with any kind of certainty that Zoom would beat him. 

So can Zoom beat Galactus and Thanos at the same time?  Sure, as long as he can beat Galactus at all, which hasn't been proven.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Zoom
you said, "Against Galactus?  People will likely say no but considering how often Galactus loses to the Fantastic Four (plot device guns or no), I don't have an confidence in his ability to beat Zoom.  I'm not saying Zoom will beat him because I'm not a Galactus expert but I am saying that I don't see any reason why he can't."

right, so...
you don't have any confidence in Galactus's ability to beat Zoom 
you don't see any reason why Zoom can't beat Galactus 

and you stand by those statements, OK...
only the most hardcore Zoom fans would agree with you
in fact, there have been Galactus vs. Zoom threads in the past and they were closed down by mods because logical people recognized them as obvious spite
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By MrDirector786
@m0ntyb0y
There's no point in bumping this thread if all you're going to do is accuse Zoom of being a fanboy. It's just going to cause a flame war.

And again, he said he doesn't know much about Galactus. He's not saying Zoom can beat Galactus, just he hasn't seen any reason to indicate why he couldn't since he doesn't know much about Galactus.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@MrDirector786
get my off my case man...

first it's "I don't recall him ever saying that"
then it's "well he said that a long time ago, he might not think that anymore"
now after he shows up and sticks to what he said, it's "stop accusing him blah blah blah"

are you his lawyer?  

I said something, you questioned it, so I put up quotes
he chose to respond and I responded back...I haven't been uncivil, he doesn't need you to defend him
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By MKF30
@Zoom, I am currently reading the Flash and just finished the last one waiting for Flashpoint, and he didn't own Flash, he's beaten him and seems to like mocking him but clearly in the last arch he was having some trouble with Barry(from the current timeline) but still, WW and GL tagging him I don't believe was going easy, he had just knocked Superman, WW etc on their asses then GL tagged him....and the other time WW tagged him with her lasso..I'm not trolling, just posting facts that happened in which you're simply in denial of....you don't want to admit Zoom getting his ass kicked do you? 

@CapitolPunishment
said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@TheCerealKillz said:
Zoom...........    How long until this thread is just ended? Zoom just ignore MK, he chooses Superman in most choices........
This. Really this is over I am a big Superman Fan and even I say Zoom stomps DS and alot of people can vouch this for me Zoom stomps please let this die.Zoom>>>>>>DS and Supes together.
Then you two should stop posting and or reading the thread. Who cares if you are a Superman fan, Darkseid is not superman nor is Zoom.
Remember, lol this is coming from the same people that actually think Zoom can kill SA Superman lmao....yeah, whatever you're thinking right now I'm with ya lol 
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By MrDirector786
@m0ntyb0y
Then get off Zoom's case. If you're just going to bump this thread to call him a Zoom fanboy, which may just start a flame war, then don't bump it.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@MrDirector786
lol, you're bumping this thread too...thanks! keep responding, I appreciate it
furthermore, I will keep speaking the truth, no matter what you say
I understand that this might upset you since you are Zoom's loyal sidekick...but frankly, I don't care how much you whine from the sidelines
your attempts to defend him have failed at every turn, doubting that he actually said something, then backing up and saying that he said it a long time ago, and then accusing me of accurately quoting him when you finally ran out of things to say...it reveals your own bias

anyone with Zoom's level of comic book knowledge who still insists that "there's no reason why Zoom can't beat Galactus" and "I have no confidence in Galactus's ability to beat Zoom" IS a fanboy 
get it through your head that some "accusations" of fanboyism are actually warranted 
he's extremely biased in favor of Zoom, whether you like it or not  

his claim that he's "not a Galactus expert" is a very lame excuse
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By MrDirector786
@m0ntyb0y
You bumped it after 10 hours just to call Zoom a fanboy. If you're just going to post in this thread to call someone out, then there's no point in bumping it. And if I feel like defending someone, I'll defend them. This isn't the first time I've tried to defend anyone. But this thread is getting no where. And based off of your post, you're probably just going to keep bumping it no matter what so there's no point in me coming in here.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@MrDirector786
keep defending him, maybe one day he'll appreciate your efforts and fall madly in love with you...I see what you're doing now, you sly dog ; )
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By Zoom
@m0ntyb0y said:
@Zoom
you said, "Against Galactus?  People will likely say no but considering how often Galactus loses to the Fantastic Four (plot device guns or no), I don't have an confidence in his ability to beat Zoom.  I'm not saying Zoom will beat him because I'm not a Galactus expert but I am saying that I don't see any reason why he can't."

right, so...
 and you stand by those statements, OK... only the most hardcore Zoom fans would agree with you in fact, there have been Galactus vs. Zoom threads in the past and they were closed down by mods because logical people recognized them as obvious spite
I don't have any confidence in his ability to defeat Zoom and I don't see any reason why Zoom can't beat him. 

However, I don't know Galactus very well and, as I stated in that thread way back when, just because I don't see why a character couldn't beat Galactus or just because I don't think Galactus could do something doesn't mean it's so.  I don't know all that much about Galactus. 

I mean, I think Zoom could beat Galactus but I'm not going to argue the point because of my admitted ignorance on the topic.  I'd love to be able to say Galactus could beat Zoom for sure (just because it would eliminate the issue) but the only argument I ever hear in Galactus's favor (in any Galactus thread) is "OMG it's Galactus of course he wins anyone who says otherwise is a moron." 

At the end of the day, that doesn't teach me anything.  I still don't know all of Galactus's powers and I'm still ignorant as to if he'd win any given battle.  Say what you will about me but at least I explain why Zoom wins, ya know?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By Zoom
Awesome.  You're actually debating now.  Hooray!  

@MKF30
said:
@Zoom, I am currently reading the Flash and just finished the last one waiting for Flashpoint, and he didn't own Flash, he's beaten him and seems to like mocking him but clearly in the last arch he was having some trouble with Barry(from the current timeline)

That's still Professor Zoom, still a completely different character.  A for effort, though.  Protip: If someone calls him PROFESSOR Zoom or THAWNE, it means they're not talking about Zoom (whose name is Zolomon).  They're talking about Professor Zoom.  I know, it's confusing but you'll get it eventually. 

@MKF30 said:
GL tagged him I don't believe was going easy, he had just knocked Superman, WW etc on their asses then GL tagged him  

Zoom is able to go fast enough that the Flash, who has a LOT of super speed can't see him.  He has done this on multiple occasions. 

Green Lantern, a guy with no super speed, was able to not only see but catch Zoom. 

This seems inconsistent, doesn't it?  Zoom didn't have a story between these events where his powers changed so that isn't to blame.  The same writer (Johns) wrote all those stories so that isn't the problem.  What could possibly be the reason for this?  

I look at the character.  Zoom doesn't want to kill the Justice League.  Zoom wants to make them better, which in his crazy head means that Zoom wants to beat them up and talk down to them.  At his top speeds, the Flash can barely even understand Zoom.  Zoom wants to talk down to a character like Green Lantern, who has no super speed.  So I make the logical jump, given the facts available, to assume that Zoom slowed himself down so that Green Lantern could see and understand him and then he didn't hit GL as hard as he could so that he wouldn't kill him.  He went easy on Green Lantern. 

If you've got a different interpretation of that story, I'm all ears. 

@MKF30 said:
you don't want to admit Zoom getting his ass kicked do you?

It's more like I don't appreciate someone taking an event out of context and using it in a battle. 

I mean, I can show you a video of Batman using heat vision but if I don't tell people that it was Superman dressed up as Batman, I'm just lying and misleading people. 

Saying "Wonder Woman beat him WHILE BLINDFOLDED" is the exact same thing because you're leaving out two very important details: 
1) Blindfolded Wonder Woman is no less dangerous than regular Wonder Woman 
2) Zoom was going easy on her. 

To hear you tell it, it's like Zoom and Wonder Woman fought straight up and Wonder Woman won even though she was handicapped.  What really happened is that Zoom beat her up for half an issue, knocking her around the planet while she failed to land any hits even though she wasn't handicapped at all.  Then Zoom started beating up her friends in front of her, saying he'd kill all of her friends and family if she didn't try harder.  So she tried harder, he let her hit him and then ten minutes later, he escaped and ran away smiling.
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom
galactus can mind rape him, trust me on this, the combined effort of prof x and magneto could barely get his attention
he could destroy the 
world he is in
the solar system he is in
the galaxy he is in
the universe if in full power
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By Boobster
@Zoom said:
@m0ntyb0y said:
@Zoom

right, so...
 and you stand by those statements, OK... only the most hardcore Zoom fans would agree with you in fact, there have been Galactus vs. Zoom threads in the past and they were closed down by mods because logical people recognized them as obvious spite
I don't have any confidence in his ability to defeat Zoom and I don't see any reason why Zoom can't beat him. 

However, I don't know Galactus very well and, as I stated in that thread way back when, just because I don't see why a character couldn't beat Galactus or just because I don't think Galactus could do something doesn't mean it's so.  I don't know all that much about Galactus. 

I mean, I think Zoom could beat Galactus but I'm not going to argue the point because of my admitted ignorance on the topic.  I'd love to be able to say Galactus could beat Zoom for sure (just because it would eliminate the issue) but the only argument I ever hear in Galactus's favor (in any Galactus thread) is "OMG it's Galactus of course he wins anyone who says otherwise is a moron." 

At the end of the day, that doesn't teach me anything.  I still don't know all of Galactus's powers and I'm still ignorant as to if he'd win any given battle.  Say what you will about me but at least I explain why Zoom wins, ya know?
Cool story, bro.