• 126 results
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Jezer

If that was true, then Zoom wouldn't be able to move. Zoom is able to move because, even when time is slowed, objects retain their physical properties. 

In other words, the ground is still solid - and when he puts his foot on the ground, it applies an equal an opposite force allowing him to push up off the ground. 

Following the same logic, web should retain its same physical property - and when he pushes on something sticky that doesn't break, it pushes back with an equal and opposite force - and he should get stuck. 

That's my theory. (Though, I do admit it could be wrong)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#102  Edited By Saren

@Jezer said:

If that was true, then Zoom wouldn't be able to move. Zoom is able to move because, even when time is slowed, objects retain their physical properties. 

In other words, the ground is still solid - and when he puts his foot on the ground, it applies an equal an opposite force allowing him to push up off the ground. 

Following the same logic, web should retain its same physical property - and when he pushes on something sticky that doesn't break, it pushes back with an equal and opposite force - and he should get stuck. 

That's my theory. (Though, I do admit it could be wrong)

There's no reason for him to even touch the trap. He'd see it rising/falling/whatever in slow-motion.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Jezer

....I said if the trap was hidden well enough for him not to see it. If it's not, then he avoids it. If it is, then he doesn't.

I mean, do you notice everything you step in when you're walking through the grass or down the street? Personally, sometimes I've gotten gum on the bottom of my shoes. 
In that past, I've stepped in dog crap because people don't know how to clean up after their annoying animals, and I didnt notice it. 

My point is that even if times stopped for Zoom, he probably doesn't notice everything he steps in. Depending on the landscape, for example a forest, his view of his path (and any traps in his path) could be obstructed  by grass and leaves.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By jojjimbo

Zoom wins.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#105  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@spiderbuck said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@mrtrevorguy said:

@dccomicsrule2011: i never asked if you were high i asked what you were smokeing... and how is that name calling... i smoke... so your saying i would be degrading you by thinking you smoke? thats pretty much putting me down...  so whos really doing the name calling?

Umm.....asking a 16 year old what you are smoking is insulting.
why don't you just cry about it already.  jeeze.   Cosmic Spidey STOMPS.  Move along now jr.
You lost you say he wins but why?You can't tell why I already proved with a Good post why Zoom stomps please debunk it until then my friend you lose.
Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Baltoro
@Jezer said:

....I said if the trap was hidden well enough for him not to see it. If it's not, then he avoids it. If it is, then he doesn't. I mean, do you notice everything you step in when you're walking through the grass or down the street? Personally, sometimes I've gotten gum on the bottom of my shoes. In that past, I've stepped in dog crap because people don't know how to clean up after their annoying animals, and I didnt notice it.  My point is that even if times stopped for Zoom, he probably doesn't notice everything he steps in. Depending on the landscape, for example a forest, his view of his path (and any traps in his path) could be obstructed  by grass and leaves.

Yeah, when Zoom is using his powers he's just moving through a terrain that resembles what we'd see, just everything is frozen such as wind, water, people, animals, etc.  Stepping into a spider's web would trap him for sure because it would still be sticky and react to his footstep...especially a cosmic level spider web. 
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Cochise

Zoom gets crushed. He has no way of hurting a cosmic entity/reality warper like a fully powered Cosmic Spidey. Why do some people think speed is the only factor in a fight? Can Zoom survive having the planet he is standing on destroyed?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Dex_Starr

Um seriously?  What exactly has Cosmic Spiderman done that would suggest that he could take Zoom?

Web of Spider-man #59 
Struggles fighting Titania

AMS #327  
Has a brief scuffle with Magneto

AMS #328
Fights Grey Hulk and even punches him into orbit.

AMS #329 
2 shots Graviton.  Transformers into Captain Universe than thrashes a group of Sentinels.  

@Cochise said:

Zoom gets crushed. He has no way of hurting a cosmic entity/reality warper like a fully powered Cosmic Spidey. Why do some people think speed is the only factor in a fight? Can Zoom survive having the planet he is standing on destroyed?

Um I'm sorry but can you please cite the issue where it stated that Cosmic Spiderman was a reality warper?  There are numerous cosmic entities that Zoom can beat easily, Superman being one of them.  And where did it ever state that CSM can destroy a planet?

No Caption Provided

AMS 329 Sure doesn't look like a planet destroying attack to me.
 AMS 329 Sure doesn't look like a planet destroying attack to me.
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By spiderbuck1

If that were his objective perhaps.  Instead, he did what he intended to do.    

Cosmically enhanced pre-cognitive abilities would make short work of Zooms hopes of ever landing a shot on CS.

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mrtrevorguy
@CitizenBane: you  realize he can make the webs take form right?
mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By mrtrevorguy
@spiderbuck: agreed
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Saren

Does no one here understand how ridiculously insanely fast Zoom is? Flash couldn't even see him, and he had to steal speed from practically every speedster on the planet before he could vaguely make out a blur. He could slaughter Spidey in a femtosecond and Spidey wouldn't even be able to see or sense what was hitting him.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By TheCerealKillz

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By Superskrull86

Cosmic Spidey.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By HumanNumber

Ugh. If Cosmic Spiderman can be physically hurt and is on the ground at the start of the fight, he loses.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Jezer
@CitizenBane said:
Does no one here understand how ridiculously insanely fast Zoom is? Flash couldn't even see him, and he had to steal speed from practically every speedster on the planet before he could vaguely make out a blur. He could slaughter Spidey in a femtosecond and Spidey wouldn't even be able to see or sense what was hitting him.

I understand, and I've already pointed out how that may not be a problem for him at all.
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By blacharrt

sense this is whatif spider man with cosmic powers and he has complete precognition, his reaction would be faster than a even a subconscious thought, going by that scan. There is no possible way Zoom could win this. And with Cosmic powers, and captain universe speed, he'd be able to react fast enough to KO zoom before Zoom knew what was going on. 

This is spite for Zoom, with no real logical way to win this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Saren
@blacharrt said:
sense this is whatif spider man with cosmic powers and he has complete precognition, his reaction would be faster than a even a subconscious thought, going by that scan. There is no possible way Zoom could win this. And with Cosmic powers, and captain universe speed, he'd be able to react fast enough to KO zoom before Zoom knew what was going on.   This is spite for Zoom, with no real logical way to win this.
How on Earth would he react fast enough? Even if he was fast enough to react in one billionth of a second (which I doubt), Zoom is still much faster than that.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Jezer

I have a question.... so do precogs automatically get prep or not? 
Since their powerset guarantees that they will know about the fight before it happens or a random encounter. 

That's something I've always wondered ('-' )
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By blacharrt
@CitizenBane said:
@blacharrt said:
sense this is whatif spider man with cosmic powers and he has complete precognition, his reaction would be faster than a even a subconscious thought, going by that scan. There is no possible way Zoom could win this. And with Cosmic powers, and captain universe speed, he'd be able to react fast enough to KO zoom before Zoom knew what was going on.   This is spite for Zoom, with no real logical way to win this.
How on Earth would he react fast enough? Even if he was fast enough to react in one billionth of a second (which I doubt), Zoom is still much faster than that.
Captain Universe amps spiderman's agility to near infinite capability, the only limitation is the wielder's will.  This version of spiderman I think would use that to his full to the extent where Zoom would be completely caught off guard, because he can't even think of attacking him without spiderman knowing.

Zoom isn't actually fast we all know this, he slows times around him down. I don't really know if that would work on captain universe either, the entity can also manipulate time. But given zoom the benefit of the doubt, you can't react, to something or someone that catches you completely by surprise, and let's not forget that Zoom despite how fast he is was taken out by a tranquilizer dart, and wonder woman.  He can be caught off guard.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jezer

Wonder Woman actually didn't catch Zoom off guard. 

You must be thinking Liberty Belle. 

However, she only caught him by suprise because he was slowing himself down enough that a not-speedster could see him. 
If this is a bloodlusted match, or even not, without plot constraints - there's no reason for Zoom to slow himself down at all. 
Captain Universe would have to be going as fast as Zoom to be able to react and attack fast enough to surprise him(instead of simply looking like a statue)
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By blacharrt
@Jezer: what is he going to react to exactly, and i'd think that if they were in a fight where they encounter each other. Zoom is already visible. Before he even thinks spider -uni would KO him. Regular spider's precog was only reactive to incoming danger but that alert still gave him enough time to be able to maneuver in time. With this ability amped to the point of real cognition before the action happens, Peter man could already think of a counter and a means of defeat.  Uni-powers just give him the power he needs to do it, and because the Uni-power is so that it changes to fits the will of the host, and amp their abilities as such, Spidey Agility and speed would be god like.

So I think the fight would be over before Zoom even thought to move.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Jezer

I mean, you're assuming that Spiderman can think faster than Zoom. And assuming what speed Zoom is visible and encounters Cosmic Spiderman at. Even if he had a gameplan outlined that involved knocking Zoom out, he'd have to impliment it before Zoom activates his power. 
So...he has to rush at Zoom and/or use his cosmic power....which all requires thinking even at a subconscious level...while Zoom only has to think.

The O.P. confuses me though, I thought they start on opposite sides of the planet. But all it says is "fight takes place on either side". Not sure what that means.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Malonius

Cosmic "What if?" spider-sense would warn Spidey of the impending attack before it began so that would give him the time to react. He might just have to jump into space though since I don't see how he could launch any kind of counter-attack that Zoom wouldn't see coming. Spidey might be able to set some kind of trap, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenario. I see mostly stalemate here.

ValBr111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic Spider destroys him. Zoom wank is insane lol.