Zombies vs Mummies

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vrakmul

100,000 Mummies vs 100,000 zombies.   The mummies are wearing full linen cloth *foot ball fields worth of the stuff*, and as they are both undead, the mummy cannot afflict the zombie with mummy rot, a curse that reduces a creature to ash in minutes, and zombies cannot zombify the mummies.    I say the mummies eventually win with superior strength and toughness, after all, zombies die to head shots, mummies blithely ignore point blank rounds to the face.    The fight is in the Giza Pyramids both inside and outside the pyramids. 

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ego

the zombie can just untie the mummys

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vrakmul
Ego said:
"the zombie can just untie the mummys"
Who's to say they won't meet the infamous power of a mummies bone shattering fist?  Though both mummies and zombies could be outran by a crippled turtle who's in his 90's in turtle years. 
Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Holacik
Ego said:
Uh, yeah sure if Zombies weren't mindless that would work.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vrakmul
Holacik said:
"Ego said:
Uh, yeah sure if Zombies weren't mindless that would work.
"
Mummies tend to have an iq of around 60.  So they aren't off the hook in IQ.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vrakmul

There should be a ludicrously high budget movie for this with lotsa lotsa CGI animation.   I want a 500 billion dollar budget. 

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

Mummies have the homefield advantage. Besides, they're much better then generic Romero zombies.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

I pitty the fool caught between the two types of undead.  One the original, the other a cheap knock off. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
I think the zombies would win here... unless we are talking about Mummies like the ones in the recent films...

That Mummy had powers beyond anything I had seen a regular Mummy have
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vrakmul
King Saturn said:
"I think the zombies would win here... unless we are talking about Mummies like the ones in the recent films...

"
I mean the, ignore machine gun rounds due to the fact that there's like a foot ball field around them.  And the ones that can break your entire skeleton in one hit types.  In other words, the guys who have magic charms and choke the f*** out of archeologists.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"I think the zombies would win here... unless we are talking about Mummies like the ones in the recent films...

"
I mean the, ignore machine gun rounds due to the fact that there's like a foot ball field around them.  And the ones that can break your entire skeleton in one hit types.  In other words, the guys who have magic charms and choke the f*** out of archeologists.
"
Hmm...well it looks like the Mummy team may win here in that case
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vrakmul
King Saturn said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:

"
"
Hmm...well it looks like the Mummy team may win here in that case
"
Imagine how long it would take for the armies to get to each other. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
Yeah it would be a while before the battle really began... but I see the mummies finding the zombies first simply because mummies have some knowledge of the Pyramids the zombies have none...
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul
King Saturn said:
"Yeah it would be a while before the battle really began... but I see the mummies finding the zombies first simply because mummies have some knowledge of the Pyramids the zombies have none...
"
Not only that, but a crippled nintey year old man can outrun them.
Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Holacik
Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"Yeah it would be a while before the battle really began... but I see the mummies finding the zombies first simply because mummies have some knowledge of the Pyramids the zombies have none...
"
"
The older versions anyway, the newer Dawn of the Dead versions are much faster.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vrakmul
Holacik said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
But a 90 year old would still pwn one.    

Old guy:where's my prune juice! 

Zombie:Uhhns.  *slashes*

Old guy: oww my hip *ducks under and moves cane around hitting the zombie in the face*

Zombie: *slashes again*

Old guy: my spleen! *slaps zombie in the stomach with cane as he falls to the ground.*

Zombie: *gets irritated and slashes* 

Old guy: My scapula! *ducks under and then slaps the zombies head off with cane*

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Holacik
Dreadnaught said:
"Holacik said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
But a 90 year old would still pwn one.    

Old guy:where's my prune juice! 

Zombie:Uhhns.  *slashes*

Old guy: oww my hip *ducks under and moves cane around hitting the zombie in the face*

Zombie: *slashes again*

Old guy: my spleen! *slaps zombie in the stomach with cane as he falls to the ground.*

Zombie: *gets irritated and slashes* 

Old guy: My scapula! *ducks under and then slaps the zombies head off with cane*

"
Zombies try to bit over slashing, and if the zombie bites, it ultimately wins.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vrakmul

It's supposed to be a joke.  Besides, old guys kick ass.  Their already existing diseases would kick out the zombie disease.   As diseases compete for their host and they kill anything else trying to infect.   And the one already infecting tends to win.  So  being sick gives you another line of defense against other diseases.  So if he had say the worst bacteria ever, they would devour the viruses and destroy them.  

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Perfect Cell
Warsman said:
"Mummies have the homefield advantage. Besides, they're much better then generic Romero zombies."

I agree... Mummies are already mummified and thus protected with their wraps. But Zombies roaming around on a hot desert are more like to rot faster. I don't think zombies are able to move around if they are just BONE.

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Holacik
Perfect Cell said:
"Warsman said:
"Mummies have the homefield advantage. Besides, they're much better then generic Romero zombies."

I agree... Mummies are already mummified and thus protected with their wraps. But Zombies roaming around on a hot desert are more like to rot faster. I don't think zombies are able to move around if they are just BONE.

"
Sadly there is precedent for a skeleton zombie.  At the end of Return of the living dead, we see a skeleton breaking out of a grave just as the movie ends, so even in bone form they are still kicking.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vrakmul
Holacik said:
"Perfect Cell said:
"Warsman said:

"
Sadly there is precedent for a skeleton zombie.  At the end of Return of the living dead, we see a skeleton breaking out of a grave just as the movie ends, so even in bone form they are still kicking.
"
Thats an animated skeleton.  Different type of undead from zombies almost all the time. 
lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lady_redhead

this is beyond pathetic zombies would destroy

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vrakmul
Mistress Redhead said:
"

"
Mummies are stronger,smarter, and have magic. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By Final Arrow
Dreadnaught said:
"Mistress Redhead said:
"

"
"
how when and where do you pick up your facts, Is juts out of your head cause I can smell the utter bullshit you have planted in freaking scotland.

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lady_redhead
Dreadnaught said:
"Mistress Redhead said:
"

"
"

the Mummy if you are refering to the movie, was Priest with magical powers before he became a mummy.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vrakmul
Final Arrow said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Mistress Redhead said:
"

"
"
how when and where do you pick up your facts, Is juts out of your head cause I can smell the utter bullshit you have planted in freaking scotland.

"
Mummies tend to ignore headshots.  Zombies die to head shots.  And what other force animates a mummy other than magic?   And zombies are absolutely mindless, mummies, while extremely stupid have some intelligence. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Final Arrow
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vrakmul
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Final Arrow

Are you on crack, What brings  back a zombie Magic, Mummies DONT HAVE GUNS SO HEAD SHOTS DONT REALLY COUNT

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vrakmul
Final Arrow said:
"Are you on crack, What brings  back a zombie Magic, Mummies DONT HAVE GUNS SO HEAD SHOTS DONT REALLY COUNT"
I'm pointing out that they are more durable.   A football field's worth of wrappings is quite protective. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Final Arrow

Not going to argue with a moron.

Alina Mavanari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Alina Mavanari

A zombie is a reanimated human corpse. Stories of zombies originated in the spiritual belief system of , which told of the dead being raised as workers by a powerful sorcerer. According to the tenets of , a dead person can be revived by a or Voodoo sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. According to the Encyclopedia of Things that Never Were, particularly in France during the Middle Ages, the revenant rises from the dead usually to avenge some crime committed against the entity, most likely a murder. The revenant usually took on the form of an emaciated corpse or skeletal human figure, and wandered around graveyards at night. The "" of medieval were also believed to be the corpses of warriors returned from the dead to attack the living. Modern zombies are typically depicted in popular culture as mindless, unfeeling monsters with a hunger for human flesh. Typically, these creatures can sustain damage far beyond that of a normal, living human and can pass whatever syndrome that causes their condition onto others. Zombies come in mobs and waves, seeking either flesh to eat or people to kill or infect. Typically, they show signs of physical decomposition such as rotting flesh, discolored eyes, and open wounds, and move with a slow, shambling gait. They are generally incapable of communication, showing no signs of personality or rationality.

Alina Mavanari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alina Mavanari

You didnt specify in the beginning what you were talking about so you loose. Thank you come again.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vrakmul

Mummies are Alina Mavanari said:

"

A zombie is a reanimated human corpse. Stories of zombies originated in the spiritual belief system of , which told of the dead being raised as workers by a powerful sorcerer. According to the tenets of , a dead person can be revived by a or Voodoo sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. According to the Encyclopedia of Things that Never Were, particularly in France during the Middle Ages, the revenant rises from the dead usually to avenge some crime committed against the entity, most likely a murder. The revenant usually took on the form of an emaciated corpse or skeletal human figure, and wandered around graveyards at night. The "" of medieval were also believed to be the corpses of warriors returned from the dead to attack the living. Modern zombies are typically depicted in popular culture as mindless, unfeeling monsters with a hunger for human flesh. Typically, these creatures can sustain damage far beyond that of a normal, living human and can pass whatever syndrome that causes their condition onto others. Zombies come in mobs and waves, seeking either flesh to eat or people to kill or infect. Typically, they show signs of physical decomposition such as rotting flesh, discolored eyes, and open wounds, and move with a slow, shambling gait. They are generally incapable of communication, showing no signs of personality or rationality.

"
if your trying to hide the fact that you just quoted wikipedia, I'm not fooled.  

Mummies are preserved corpses animated through the auspices of the gods. They usually inhabit great tombs or temple complexes, maintaining a timeless vigil and destroying would-be grave robbers.These horrid creatures are often marked with symbols of the gods they serve. While other undead often stink of carrion, the herbs and powders used to create a mummy give off a sharp, pungent odor like that of a spice cabinet. Mummies attack intruders without pause or mercy. They never attempt to communicate with their enemies and never retreat. An encounter with a mummy can end only with the destruction of one combatant or the other (unless the mummy's foe elects to retreat).   Also the mere sight of a mummy causes tremendous amounts of fear. 

And I already said, the zombies cannot zombify the mummies and the mummies cannot use their most vicious curse *the incineration one* on the zombies.   And the zombies have no number advantage on their side.   Any ways I have to go to school.  For the last day. 

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lady_redhead
shakes head and walks away at a loss for words....
Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Holacik

Wow this thread got a bit bitter...

Alina Mavanari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Alina Mavanari

Not trying to hide it. I dont care if you know or not. At least my facts are straight.

What kind of school do you go to because obviously your not learning anything. You have the brain of a four year old. Really, you need to study a bit more because you have no sense for facts. Or is it that you just dont like be wrong? At least I have the decency to admit that much.

Alina Mavanari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alina Mavanari
Holacik said:
"Wow this thread got a bit bitter...
"

Yeah thats what happens when stupid people try to argue.
tanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tanti
Alina Mavanari said:
"Holacik said:
"Wow this thread got a bit bitter...
"

Yeah thats what happens when stupid people try to argue."

i think the stupid one here is you. its obvious that you cannot have a conversation to state simple facts without  looking it all up.
and Dreadnaught was, and still is... right:)
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb283632dba9
deactivated-5bb283632dba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I think that the Mummies will win. Mummies are considered just old zombies and some mummies have powers like this one.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Far too vague to formulate a decent argument.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OmegaDynasty

If the zombies are risen through some sort of Magical way instead of todays virus scenarios, then I might give it to the zombies. They are pretty much the same, tough choice though.

Snake5422000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is an old thread but I would like to chime in here. First, mummies and zombies, while they do have similarities in some areas, are far from "the same thing," mummies are far more powerful than zombies are for several reasons as i will get into in a bit... Lets start to identifying what is a zombie, and what is a mummy.

There are 2 types of zombies, the historical voodoo zombies, and the decomposing walking corpses we see in The Walking Dead, or Night of the Living Dead, or such fiction. Voodoo zombies are at the will of the bokor, whereas the hollywood cinematic zombies are at the equally mindless will of their instinct to feed. Neither form of zombie has any will of their own. Zombies can also easily be killed by a single gunshot to the head.

Mummies however, do have a will and even a hierarchy among themselves. The higher ranking mummy has more power and intelligence than lower-ranking mummies. Mummies are usually magical, and can not be killed by a gunshot (even to the head). Whereas zombies feed on flesh, mummies feed on souls. Imhotep or Kharis were far from dim-witted dummies. There were Pharaohs in life, and retain their status among the undead. Hence why they are upset when someone violates their tombs or steals their jewels. Only lower ranking mummies are brain-dead unwilling pawns as some are proposing. A single mummy (of higher rank-- Imhotep or Kharis) can be a major threat, whereas zombies are only a threat in large numbers.

Also mummies can not so easily spread their mummification by biting someone, they actually have to prepare the body and put it through a process which takes a lot of time, mummification is not seen as a disease, it's treated as a way of preserving the body. Whereas zombiedom is a disease which decomposes the body and will. So again there is a world of difference here. And I'd clearly have to give the advantage to the mummy.