If you could choose a team of four people to outlast the zombie apocalypse with, who would they be? Well, you won't be there, but the zombies will be.
- Four characters per person.
- All sources of media will be accepted, but make sure you can clearly outline your characters abilities to make sure they don't turn out to be over the limit halfway through (looking at you, anime swordsmen).
- When choosing game characters, game mechanics are not going to work here. We're going to take them as they are and what they would be capable of. So, say there's some really old zombie game with a slow engine, and some nice brand new one that came out last week? If there were two middle aged guys, one in each of those games, both with the same experience in combat, both using the same weapons.. they'd realistically speaking be equally capable, regardless of whichever game is faster.
- Same thing with games like Fallout. People are seen to be able to tank bullets to the end unarmored ect because of the health bar system. That won't work here. A regular human will obviously die from a headshot, even if in game they are seen to be shot in the head and survive. Fair enough, if in game you get some perks that enhance durability, but be realistic with durability. Same with combat speed, just because characters haven't been shown to sprint it doesn't mean they can't... That's that for game characters, anyway.
The Dreaded "Rules" Section
Character limits are as follows:
- Strength: Blade (2 Tons)
- Speed/Agility: Around Daredevil
- Running speed: Wolverine
- Combat Speed: Around Captain America levels, or slightly above.
- Base Durability: Slightly above peak human. Between peak human and Deathstroke.
- Enhanced Durability (Through Gear or Enhancements): High Tier Kevlar. Bullet Proof. Killable by gunfire after a sustained assault, but can survive a good few rounds of the average caliber gun.
- Healing Factor: Slightly over peak human. As in, able to heal damaged tissue quicker than a peak human, but not to Deathstrokes level.
- Destructive Capability (Including gear, energy projection, ect): Car/Shack Busting. However, gear acquired through prep (like explosives) can break this limit.
- Telepathy: Only allowed to link up teammates over distances.
- Telekinesis: Not allowed.
List of nonos:
No reality warping, time powers, can only summon a max of one being, and they must be within tourney limits. No shapeshifting or invisibility without the use of technology. No teleporting. No intangibility. No technopathy. No reviving or commanding the dead. No magic.
Let me know if I need to add any more to the rules.
Before Round One begins, all four members of each team will meet up. They will have a team base and a teleporter. The teleporter has a maximum of 14 teleports. This teleport will be used to transfer prep items from their respective universes to their team base. Teams will be allowed one week prep before entering Round One. You may utilize this week in anyway you want, but characters cannot enter each others universes, only their own. You are however allowed to exchange gear ect.
Teamwork is going to be a massive factor here. It's a zombie apocalypse. It's bloody, and loud, and stressful. If you don't construct a team of people who will work together soundly, that's down to you.
Matches will be between two people and their respective teams. They will be placed in a zombie infested environment, and will have varying objectives from round to round. Some rounds you may just be trying to kill your opponent. Other rounds you may have to compete to secure an item, or escape. So, make sure your team is well rounded, because all of their skills will be tested.
Characters who are from a universe where a round is located won't recognize the environment.
You can now team up with other viners. You both choose two characters each and debate together. Or you can stay alone with 4 characters of your choice.
Team Members (And what they are from)
1) Jokergeist: "The Whoopie Killers" - Joker, Zombozo, Buggy the Clown, Harley Quinn
2) Juiceboks & TDLP: - Will Treaty, Brys Beddict, Gambit, Batman (Pre-52)
3) theancientking: "The Reapers" - Punisher, Deadshot, Hawkeye, Green Arrow.
4) CadenceV2 - "No Zombie Land for Old Men" - Old Snake, Batman (DKR), Roland Deschain, Punisher Max
5) homicidalmaniac & BTH - Captain Kirk, Thorkell, Phillip Fry, Ash Williams
6) jojjimbo - Taskmaster, Rambo, Snake Eyes, John McClain
7) ownagepants - "The Immortals" - Katana, Lady Shiva, Hush, Cheshire
8) lunacyde - Master Piandou, Legolas, Shadow Storm, Agent Helix
9) i_like_swords - "Team Kill Everything" The Lone Wanderer, Francis, Chuck Green, Luis Lopez
10) funsiized - "Team I'm Not Short" Kenichi, Makoto, Tex, Roran
11) the_red_viper - Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, Edward Richtofen
12) DarkRaiden - The Boss, Young Ocelot, Captain America, Darwin
13) diredrill - The Courier, Isaac Clarke, Booker Dewitt, Delta
14) sync1 - Nightwing (New 52), Arsenal, Leon Scott Kennedy, Red Hood
15) Dane - Black Panther (Civil War era), Commander Shephard, Cable (2107), Drizzt Do'Urden
16) NorrinBoltagonPrime21 - "The Unpeople" - Karnak, Timberious, Maximus the Mad, Medusa
17) kidman560 - "The Many Nations" - Psylocke (No TK/Nerfed TP), Union Jack, Black Widow, Nightwing (Pre 52)
18) sovereign91001 - Punisher 2099, The Hood, Kato II, Azbats
19) HigorM - Blindfold, Captain America (Bucky), Black Knight, Mark Shaw (Manhunter)
20) Flamerbee - Red Arrow (Roy Harper), Robin Hood, Bear Grylls, Mugen