#1 Edited by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome

If you could choose a team of four people to outlast the zombie apocalypse with, who would they be? Well, you won't be there, but the zombies will be.

- Four characters per person.

- All sources of media will be accepted, but make sure you can clearly outline your characters abilities to make sure they don't turn out to be over the limit halfway through (looking at you, anime swordsmen).

- When choosing game characters, game mechanics are not going to work here. We're going to take them as they are and what they would be capable of. So, say there's some really old zombie game with a slow engine, and some nice brand new one that came out last week? If there were two middle aged guys, one in each of those games, both with the same experience in combat, both using the same weapons.. they'd realistically speaking be equally capable, regardless of whichever game is faster.

- Same thing with games like Fallout. People are seen to be able to tank bullets to the end unarmored ect because of the health bar system. That won't work here. A regular human will obviously die from a headshot, even if in game they are seen to be shot in the head and survive. Fair enough, if in game you get some perks that enhance durability, but be realistic with durability. Same with combat speed, just because characters haven't been shown to sprint it doesn't mean they can't... That's that for game characters, anyway.

The Dreaded "Rules" Section

Character limits are as follows:

- Strength: Blade (2 Tons)

- Speed/Agility: Around Daredevil

- Running speed: Wolverine

- Combat Speed: Around Captain America levels, or slightly above.

- Base Durability: Slightly above peak human. Between peak human and Deathstroke.

- Enhanced Durability (Through Gear or Enhancements): High Tier Kevlar. Bullet Proof. Killable by gunfire after a sustained assault, but can survive a good few rounds of the average caliber gun.

- Healing Factor: Slightly over peak human. As in, able to heal damaged tissue quicker than a peak human, but not to Deathstrokes level.

- Destructive Capability (Including gear, energy projection, ect): Car/Shack Busting. However, gear acquired through prep (like explosives) can break this limit.

- Telepathy: Only allowed to link up teammates over distances.

- Telekinesis: Not allowed.

List of nonos:

No reality warping, time powers, can only summon a max of one being, and they must be within tourney limits. No shapeshifting or invisibility without the use of technology. No teleporting. No intangibility. No technopathy. No reviving or commanding the dead. No magic.

Let me know if I need to add any more to the rules.

Match Layout

Before Round One begins, all four members of each team will meet up. They will have a team base and a teleporter. The teleporter has a maximum of 14 teleports. This teleport will be used to transfer prep items from their respective universes to their team base. Teams will be allowed one week prep before entering Round One. You may utilize this week in anyway you want, but characters cannot enter each others universes, only their own. You are however allowed to exchange gear ect.

Teamwork is going to be a massive factor here. It's a zombie apocalypse. It's bloody, and loud, and stressful. If you don't construct a team of people who will work together soundly, that's down to you.

Matches will be between two people and their respective teams. They will be placed in a zombie infested environment, and will have varying objectives from round to round. Some rounds you may just be trying to kill your opponent. Other rounds you may have to compete to secure an item, or escape. So, make sure your team is well rounded, because all of their skills will be tested.

Characters who are from a universe where a round is located won't recognize the environment.

You can now team up with other viners. You both choose two characters each and debate together. Or you can stay alone with 4 characters of your choice.

List below:

Team Name

Team Members (And what they are from)

Teams:

1) Jokergeist: "The Whoopie Killers" - Joker, Zombozo, Buggy the Clown, Harley Quinn

2) Juiceboks & TDLP: - Will Treaty, Brys Beddict, Gambit, Batman (Pre-52)

3) theancientking: "The Reapers" - Punisher, Deadshot, Hawkeye, Green Arrow.

4) CadenceV2 - "No Zombie Land for Old Men" - Old Snake, Batman (DKR), Roland Deschain, Punisher Max

5) homicidalmaniac & BTH - Captain Kirk, Thorkell, Phillip Fry, Ash Williams

6) jojjimbo - Taskmaster, Rambo, Snake Eyes, John McClain

7) ownagepants - "The Immortals" - Katana, Lady Shiva, Hush, Cheshire

8) lunacyde - Master Piandou, Legolas, Shadow Storm, Agent Helix

9) i_like_swords - "Team Kill Everything" The Lone Wanderer, Francis, Chuck Green, Luis Lopez

10) funsiized - "Team I'm Not Short" Kenichi, Makoto, Tex, Roran

11) the_red_viper - Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, Edward Richtofen

12) DarkRaiden - The Boss, Young Ocelot, Captain America, Darwin

13) diredrill - The Courier, Isaac Clarke, Booker Dewitt, Delta

14) sync1 - Nightwing (New 52), Arsenal, Leon Scott Kennedy, Red Hood

15) Dane - Black Panther (Civil War era), Commander Shephard, Cable (2107), Drizzt Do'Urden

16) NorrinBoltagonPrime21 - "The Unpeople" - Karnak, Timberious, Maximus the Mad, Medusa

17) kidman560 - "The Many Nations" - Psylocke (No TK/Nerfed TP), Union Jack, Black Widow, Nightwing (Pre 52)

18) sovereign91001 - Punisher 2099, The Hood, Kato II, Azbats

19) HigorM - Blindfold, Captain America (Bucky), Black Knight, Mark Shaw (Manhunter)

20) Flamerbee - Red Arrow (Roy Harper), Robin Hood, Bear Grylls, Mugen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@beatboks1: @kidman560: @darkraiden: @the_red_viper: @knightofzero: @floopay: @cadencev2: @nickzambuto: @pr0metheus: @shawnbaby: @juiceboks: @diredrill: @sync1:

@betatesthighlander1 @omgomgwtfwtf @norrinboltagonprime21 @kidman560 @sovereign91001 @higorm @nighthunder

#2 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

"The Whoopee Killers"

#1) The Joker

Toys

• crowbar
  • revolver
  • Joy Buzzer
  • Prank Boutonniere
  • bombs
  • Joker Gas
  • various tricks

#2) Zombozo

Toys

• Acid Seltzer
  • Big Mallet
  • Energy Whip
  • electric joy buzzer
  • dynamite
  • various tricks

#3) Buggy the Clown

Toys

• knives
  • Muggy Balls

#4) Harley Quinn

Toys

• Giant Hammer
  • Popgun
  • dual pistols
  • cupcake bombs
  • Bag O' Tricks

Sincerely,

#3 Posted by Juiceboks (7968 posts) - - Show Bio

The healing factor and durability disqualifies sooo many people I had in mind that would be perfect for this (like Blade). Gimme a little bit and I'll come up with a team or two.

#4 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

The healing factor and durability disqualifies sooo many people I had in mind that would be perfect for this (like Blade). Gimme a little bit and I'll come up with a team or two.

Reason I'm not allowing healing factors is that they would easily fight off the zombie infection from taking over. No point in creating an unlimited regenerating food source for the zombies :p

#5 Edited by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords the reapers because its the team name i use in everything

punisher deadshot hawkeye and green arrow

#6 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

-Bullseye

-Connor Hawke

-Batmaaaaaan!

-??? Benedict of Amber/Anomander Rake/Bryst Beddict whomever is allowed

#7 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords the reapers because its the team name i use in everything

punisher deadshot hawkeye and green arrow

Friendly advise: Remember, teamwork is a factor. We all know how Frank is around villains... other than that your team is absolutely fine.

-Bullseye

-Connor Hawke

-Batmaaaaaan!

-??? Benedict of Amber/Anomander Rake/Bryst Beddict whomever is allowed

They're all cool. Er, have no idea who the last one is, link me to a wiki?

#8 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Max Payne

Moon Knight

Shang Chi

Punisher

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Way more fun in character choice.

Solid Snake, Roland Deschain, Garrus Valkerian, Ultimate Hawkeye.

#10 Posted by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: he would have no way of knowing deadshot is a criminal

#11 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

Max Payne

Moon Knight

Shang Chi

Punisher

Punisher has been nabbed. Rest are fine. Team name?

#12 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Way more fun in character choice.

Solid Snake, Roland Deschain, Garrus Valkerian, Ultimate Hawkeye.

Thanks!

All cool. What's your team name?

@i_like_swords: he would have no way of knowing deadshot is a criminal

That's true. Your teams in.

#13 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Get rid of Technopathy as well. I can see that being abused lol.

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: OK.I replace Frank with Chris Redfield.The Team Name is the Undead Cleaners.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Benedict of Amber is at peak stats prolly, spent 1,000+ years training and solo'd an army of 200,000 captain-america+ level chars with a pitchfork

Anomander Rake w/o all his OP magic is just a 100,000+ years training guy with a sword that OHKOs via soul sucking

Brys Beddict is at peak stats and is just really good.

#18 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Benedict of Amber is at peak stats prolly, spent 1,000+ years training and solo'd an army of 200,000 captain-america+ level chars with a pitchfork

Anomander Rake w/o all his OP magic is just a 100,000+ years training guy with a sword that OHKOs via soul sucking

Brys Beddict is at peak stats and is just really good.

Not that I don't trust you but can I get some wiki links?

And yeah I'm going to disallow OHKO or One Shot Kills altogether.

#20 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Juiceboks (7968 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

Reason I'm not allowing healing factors is that they would easily fight off the zombie infection from taking over. No point in creating an unlimited regenerating food source for the zombies :p

True dat true dat. That would make it pretty unfair for a tourney like this.

How bout this team?

Daredevil, Cyclops, Gambit, Neji Hyuga.

#23 Edited by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: Benedict is cool. Team name?

Actually...

Can I get Eragon/Harry Potter without OHKOs, or is that a no-no?

Er.. maybe not to be honest. What would the extent of their abilities be without the OHKOs?

@i_like_swords said:

@juiceboks said:

True dat true dat. That would make it pretty unfair for a tourney like this.

How bout this team?

Daredevil, Cyclops, Gambit, Neji Hyuga.

Daredevil is cool. Aren't Cyclops and Gambit's energy projection much higher than Car/Shack busting? I've heard Cyclops has hurt sentinels and destroyed mountains, and Gambit has done some crazy stuff too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HysQUDbvkhQ if that's the extent of Neji's abilities he's cool.

#24 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

We did a CAV where I used HP lol.

Eragon is Cap America level and versatile.

#25 Edited by ownagepants (4220 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

We did a CAV where I used HP lol.

Eragon is Cap America level and versatile.

I know lol but I can't really remember all that much.

Alright, I'll allow Harry for the time being. Or Eragon providing his magic is below or equal to Harrys? Who do you want to use?

#27 Posted by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster.

Rambo, from First Blood.

Snake Eyes, from G.I. Joe.

John McClain, from the Die Hard Series.

#30 Edited by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants said:

@i_like_swords: master yi hush cheshire lady shiva

the immortals

Er how are you planning on using Master Yi?

Link me to Hush and Cheshiers wikis.

Lady Shiva is fine.

@jojjimbo They are all fine. Team name?

#31 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Actually I just remembered. Potterverse Wizards laugh at bullets so that puts his durability way above the limits.. how is Eragons durability?

#32 Edited by ownagepants (4220 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Eragon has peak durability but he can heal himself using magic. However healing himself drains him considerably.

Or Eona from Dragoneye Reborn? Peak human, dragon magic that's within the limits.

#35 Edited by ownagepants (4220 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Katana is a highly proficient hand-to-hand combatant and swordswoman, having studied martial arts as a child and later being trained by the samurai Tadashi. From her time with the Outsiders and Batman, she has also developed strong tactical skills.

Katana's Soultaker sword, along with its non-powered twin, was forged in the 14th century by Muramasa, whose swords were said to be cursed and make those who were evil commit evil acts. It sometimes takes the souls of those it kills, storing them inside the sword, where they can engage in limited communication with whoever wields it. These souls can be reincarnated by the means of a sacred ritual, under which they serve their summoner, even if it is against their will.

In addition to the Soultaker, Katana often carries additional weaponry into battle.

#36 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Eragon has peak durability but he can heal himself using magic. However healing himself drains him considerably.

And you're sure Eragons magic isn't exceeding the destructive limits? He's been called one of the most powerful magicians in the world.. seems fishy to me.

#37 Edited by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: She might be better. What's the extent of her dragon magic?

@i_like_swords:

Katana is a highly proficient hand-to-hand combatant and swordswoman, having studied martial arts as a child and later being trained by the samurai Tadashi. From her time with the Outsiders and Batman, she has also developed strong tactical skills.

Katana's Soultaker sword, along with its non-powered twin, was forged in the 14th century by Muramasa, whose swords were said to be cursed and make those who were evil commit evil acts. It sometimes takes the souls of those it kills, storing them inside the sword, where they can engage in limited communication with whoever wields it. These souls can be reincarnated by the means of a sacred ritual, under which they serve their summoner, even if it is against their will.

In addition to the Soultaker, Katana often carries additional weaponry into battle.

Okaydoke. Katana, Lady Shiva, Hush and Cheshire?

#38 Posted by sync1 (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Team Yoloswag420

-Azrael

-Red Hood

-Arsenal

will be updating later.

#39 Edited by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Skip to the 2nd edit.

Can i ask why no dragonborn? and The Agent from Crackdown 2. He has shown to be able to lift cars. His suit allows him to be bullet resistant but its probably only a bit better then kevlar (cutscene wise) as he is shown to be hurt by it. He has access to pretty amazing tech. (Nothing too advanced though) But he has been shown to be very susceptible to bladed weapons as he dies by getting hit by helicopter blades at the end of the game. He lives in a world full of Infected/Zombies so i figured he would be perfect for this. (Ingame he can tank missles but in cutscenes he has been shown to get hurt by regular infected hitting againist his suit)

And since Dragonborn is out switch him with Adam Jensen

Edit : I forgot to mention even though infected has been shown to damage him he can still tank assualt rifles being fired at him so hes pretty inconsistent.

2nd Edit : I just remembered Agent wont work cause i forgot about agility he can outrun a car and 5-10 stories high.

Change Agent out with Wesker

#40 Edited by ownagepants (4220 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Tag funsiized (I can't cuz I'm on my phone)

Eona's dragon magic is mostly used to manipulate nature. She made barriers of whirling sand around her that nearly stopped a running soldier and then sent the sand at him so it stripped his bones. She can open up tiny fissures in the earth and blow through walls.

She can also do crazy chakra stuff.

So Connor Hawke (bullseye is out due to his adamantium skeleton) Batman Eona and Benedict

#42 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

@i_like_swords: Team Yoloswag420

-Azrael

-Red Hood

-Arsenal

will be updating later.

All cool.

@i_like_swords: Can i ask why no dragonborn? and The Agent from Crackdown 2. He has shown to be able to lift cars. His suit allows him to be bullet resistant but its probably only a bit better then kevlar (cutscene wise) as he is shown to be hurt by it. He has access to pretty amazing tech. (Nothing too advanced though) But he has been shown to be very susceptible to bladed weapons as he dies by getting hit by helicopter blades at the end of the game. He lives in a world full of Infected/Zombies so i figured he would be perfect for this. (Ingame he can tank missles but in cutscenes he has been shown to get hurt by regular infected hitting againist his suit)

And since Dragonborn is out switch him with Adam Jensen

Because he has one hit kill abilities, shouts that can destroy small towns, the ability to slow down time and so many more OP abilities.

How durable is his suit? Could an AK47 realistically kill him if shot at his suit long enough? Or is he completely bullet resistant?

Well tell me about his "amazing tech". Does it go over the destructive limits?

Adams wiki was kind of vague.. how durable is he with his "dermal armor?"

#43 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Okay. @funsiized

@i_like_swords:

Tag funsiized (I can't cuz I'm on my phone)

Rona's dragon magic is mostly used to manipulate nature. She made barriers of whirling sand around her that nearly stopped a running soldier and then sent the sand at him so it stripped his bones. She can open up tiny fissures in the earth and blow through walls.

She can also do crazy chakra bullcrap.

Sounds okay, but define "crazy chakra bullcrap."

#44 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Basically

If you're wounded so badly you might pass out

She can heal you which makes her pretty exhausted

And then control you by expending her own energy though this tires her

Also if you jab one of her chakra points shit explodes

#45 Edited by Juiceboks (7968 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords Yea I doubted Cyclops would be eligible so I'm willing to switch him for Winter Soldier. I can't think of anything Gambit's done that would put him above the limits. At least not with his cards. I can swap with pre 52 Static if you still want him out.

Btw that's pre shippuden Neji, the most recent version of Neji can do all that and shoot compressed waves of chakra from his body like so

#46 Posted by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Agent is out,i edited my post but so you dont have to go back to read it : I forgot to remember about Agility and the agent cant jump over 5 stories high at base level. So hes out. If hes allowed Wesker can replace him.

And im not too sure about the dermal armour cause ingame you can go different routes with level ups and i didnt go the armour route.

#47 Edited by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Basically

If you're wounded so badly you might pass out

She can heal you which makes her pretty exhausted

And then control you by expending her own energy though this tires her

Also if you jab one of her chakra points shit explodes

Sounds fine to me.

@i_like_swords Yea I doubted Cyclops would be eligible so I'm willing to switch him for Winter Soldier. I can't think of anything Gambit's done that would put him above the limits. At least not with his cards.

Btw that's pre shippuden Neji, the most recent version of Neji can do all that and shoot compressed waves of chakra from his body like so

As long as Gambit just uses his cards or things equal to his cards, he's fine.

Winter Soldier and Neji are alright.

#48 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Agent is out,i edited my post but so you dont have to go back to read it : I forgot to remember about Agility and the agent cant jump over 5 stories high at base level. So hes out. If hes allowed Wesker can replace him.

And im not too sure about the dermal armour cause ingame you can go different routes with level ups and i didnt go the armour route.

Wesker is far too powerful lol.

Er, well I'll allow him for now.

#49 Edited by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Also here are some of Deus ex abilites (Note these abilites i will be listing off are upgraded to the max and are not base level)

Able to pick up a fridge with no effort. (Can not pick up a car)

Can punch through a solid brick wall (Ingame its only weakened ones for plot purposes but i would think he could do it no matter what)

Can jump a maximum of 9 feet into the air

Can run a maximum of 24 feet a second (For about 8 seconds or atleast thats as long as i can remember)

Has Cybernetic arms that have retractable blades.

Has a cloaking ability at max level last around 15-20 seconds (Still makes noise if you dont have the stealth aug)

I dont know how it works but the wikia says Dermal armour at max reduces 45 percent of all incomeing damage

Can silence his footsteps to make no noise while walking/running or even jumping 9 feet in the air and landing dont make a noise.

Take no fall damage

Shown to be able to knock out two augmented spec ops personal at once.

Can see through walls infinitely as long as he doesnt get hurt by anything. (I dont want him to have this if you add him cause its OP)

Able to upgrade his social skills to the point where you can talk your way into a facility full of people that would originally shoot you on site but dont even react to him being there.

I must say this again : These are all upgrades and not his base stats. If you add him you can decide what he gets if you're allowing nerfing.

#50 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Also here are some of Deus ex abilites (Note these abilites i will be listing off are upgraded to the max and are not base level)

Able to pick up a fridge with no effort. (Can not pick up a car)

Can punch through a solid brick wall (Ingame its only weakened ones for plot purposes but i would think he could do it no matter what)

Can jump a maximum of 9 feet into the air

Can run a maximum of 24 feet a second (For about 8 seconds or atleast thats as long as i can remember)

Has Cybernetic arms that have retractable blades.

Has a cloaking ability at max level last around 15-20 seconds (Still makes noise if you dont have the stealth aug)

I dont know how it works but the wikia says Dermal armour at max reduces 45 percent of all incomeing damage

Can silence his footsteps to make no noise while walking/running or even jumping 9 feet in the air and landing dont make a noise.

Take no fall damage

Shown to be able to knock out two augmented spec ops personal at once.

Can see through walls infinitely as long as he doesnt get hurt by anything. (I dont want him to have this if you add him cause its OP)

Able to upgrade his social skills to the point where you can talk your way into a facility full of people that would originally shoot you on site but dont even react to him being there.

I must say this again : These are all upgrades and not his base stats. If you add him you can decide what he gets if you're allowing nerfing.

That all sounds fine. I've already put him in. Nice team.