Zombie Survival

• 106 results
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@fatherchaos: Its a damn good team. I just don't know who Doom Guy is. Most people says he beast Master Chief, who would be pretty OP considering his durability is off the charts.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FatherChaos

@monsterstomp: Doomguy is the protagonist from the Doom series, he's a space marine known for saving Earth from demons from Hell multiple times. He has powerups and weapons that bring him to Chief's level (personally I think Chief would beat him, but meh).

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@nick31898 said:

@juiceboks: Spider-man is DEFINITELY more powerful than luke cage.

In what way?

Let's see:

Speed, agility, flexibility, intelligence, spider-sense, and he is NEARLY as strong.

The only thing luke cage has is his strength, and unbreakable skin.

On paper they seem more or less equals..but when you take a closer as to how their physicals match up Peter is pretty much outclassed.

Peter is no doubt faster than Luke..but not to that much of an extent. He's certainly not running circles around him as Luke has tagged his fair share of speedy characters.

No..he's not nearly as strong as Luke is. Luke's gone toe to toe with Professor Hulk and one-shotted Ironclad(a 100 tonner at least). The main thing Luke has over Peter is durability and it's by a HUGE margin. His best feat I believe is recently tanking a nuke. Before that he's tanked all manners of explosions, high caliber weapons, and blows from heavy hitting characters. And it's this durability that would allow him to literally stand in the middle of the zombies as they try their best to scratch and bite him to no avail. He's a powerhouse..and a damn good one at that. I'd say he's quite a bit above Peter's league.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898: Luke Cage is too strong and too durable. I should probably specify what "around Spider-Man's level" means.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

IheartZombies92's Anti-Zombie Contingency Plan

Note: before I begin my plan proper, I will be assuming:

• Team-members can give other team members gear/ammunition
  • The night lasts 10 hours
  • Zombies cannot climb walls en masse

Right. Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get down to it...

Team:

1. Hawkeye (Ultimate) (Clint Barton) - Twin handguns, bow and arrows
  2. Bullseye (Lester) - Twin handguns, sai, other assorted projectile weaponry (knives, cards, etc.)
  3. Daredevil (Matt Murdock) - Billy club
  4. Domino (Neena Thurman) - Twin handguns, assault rifle
  5. Deadpool (Wade Wilson) - Twin katanas, twin handguns, assault rifle, C4, teleporter
  6. Maverick (David North) - Twin handguns, grenades, assault rifle
  7. Legolas (Legolas Greenleaf) - Bow and arrows, twin shortswords
  8. Deathstroke (Slade Wilson) - Greatsword, assault rifle, grenades

Team management:

First, we split up the team into four groups of two. Each group is designed for maximum cooperation, and thus efficiency, as everyone here is in-character. The groups are: [Hawkeye + Daredevil - heroes, sense of justice, similar skills], [Bullseye + Deadpool - mercenaries, similar mental instabilities, similar sense of humour, previous history], [Domino + Legolas - task-oriented, similar stats, heroes that can do what is needed to be done], [Maverick + Deathstroke - professionals, no-nonsense, highly-skilled]. Each character can work well with the other, so now we have maximum team cooperation.

Tactics:

No Caption Provided

Now we come down to actual tactics.

First, we have Hawkeye and Daredevil standing on the green circle, with their patrol line being green. Hawkeye can stand on the middle of the triangular building and lay waste to the hordes around the wall. Daredevil, meanwhile, has a dual job: a), alerting Clint of approaching enemies and calling out patterns and positions, and b) defending Clint from any zombies that might try blindside him. Notice the walkway that is the main path to the platform. Since only one or two (at maximum, three) enemies can pass through, all Matt has to do is stand at the end of it (platform side) and take down any zombies that might try and cross, as well as occasionally throwing the odd climber off the walls (across the green line).

Next, we have Deadpool and Bullseye in the purple sector, the purple circle being their centre and the purple line being their patrol path. Similar to Matt 'n' Clint, Bullseye will be the one doing most of the killing with his guns and projectile weaponry, while Deadpool defends. Now, you may notice how despite the similar setup, their "bases" are slightly different; this group's is close to the courtyard. The reason is twofold; a), Bullseye is (considering the "in-character" rule) cocky and arrogant, and will try doing practice shots or some rubbish and get eaten, as well as less skilled than Hawkeye, and b) to allow for Deadpool on occasion to nip down to the supply stash and use his teleporter to 'port over to the various other groups to provide ammunition refills/build up defenses. Aside from that, tactics are identical; Bullseye lays down the main fire while Deadpool covers (and occasionally, if things get too hairy, go down and slice 'em up with the katanas).

Then, we have Domino and Legolas at orange. By now you've probably got the circle/line thing. Get it? Got it? Good. *ahem*. Anyway...

Setup is almost identical to the other ones; Legolas takes down hordes of zombies á la Helm's Deep, while Domino uses probability manipulation and guns to take down and equal half as well, while running along the line (Legolas remains stationary at the circle). Deadpool shows up every now and then to provide fresh arrows/grenades.

Finally, we have Maverick and Deathstroke; arguably, the MVP group of this entire team, so it stands to reason that they have the largest task. Maverick, who has low-level kinetic energy absorption as well as a ridiculously good combat skill-set, will be up on that tower, destroying the hordes in a 360° around him. He will occasionally jump off the tower (no damage - KEA, remember?) to sprint along the patrol line, also killing zombies. He will also (I know this sounds insane, but just listen) get piggybacks from Deathstroke who, thanks to metahuman speed and stamina, will carry David around the entire outer wall once every ten minutes to provide a wave of massive cover fire to anyone struggling - as their area (the tower) is the most fortified, they have the least to lose. Slade (while not losing his dignity to David) will be running down to the shelters to prepare equipment and whatnot for Wade to grab.

Now, should there ever be a moment when the zombies start overwhelming my team, Slade (the leader) will sound an alarm which will prompt each member to immediately flee to the tower, while Wade (with the aid of the teleporter) will line strategic areas with C4 and blow the zombies to kingdom come, while the rest of the team defend the tower.

To recap, these are the tactics in oversimplified form:

GroupStart2 hours in4 hours in6 hours in8 hours in10 hours inEMERGENCY

Daredevil + Hawkeye

Hawkeye offense; Daredevil defenseHawkeye offense; Daredevil defenseHawkeye offense; Daredevil defenseHawkeye offense; Daredevil defenseHawkeye offense; Daredevil defenseHawkeye offense; Daredevil defenseHawkeye escaping; Daredevil escaping
Deadpool + BullseyeBullseye offense; Deadpool defenseBullseye offense; Deadpool resupply mission/defenseBullseye offense; Deadpool defenseBullseye offense; Deadpool resupply mission/defenseBullseye offense; Deadpool defenseBullseye offense; Deadpool resupply mission/defenseBullseye escaping; Deadpool C4/cover fire mission
Domino + LegolasLegolas offense; Domino defenseLegolas offense; Domino defenseLegolas offense; Domino defenseLegolas offense; Domino defenseLegolas offense; Domino defenseLegolas offense; Domino defenseLegolas escaping; Domino escaping
Maverick + DeathstrokeMaverick offense; Deathstroke defenseMaverick offense; Deathstroke supply arrangement/defenseMaverick offense; Deathstroke support MaverickMaverick offense; Deathstroke supply arrangement/defenseMaverick offense; Deathstroke defenseMaverick offense; Deathstroke supply arrangement/defenseMaverick escaping; Deathstroke leading

To recap:

My team: superior.

Zombies: inferior.

*drops mic, walks offstage*

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MonsterStomp
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Wolverine008
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke is the commander of the group, for my team I will have the following people

• Deathstroke (Tactical Leader - Marksman - Melee)
  • Cassandra Cain (Melee)
  • Deadshot (Marksman)
  • Cheshire (Melee)
  • Forge (Armor repairer, Gadget builder)
  • Night Crawler (Melee, Scavenger)

So here is my plan, Deathstroke is the leader of the group, he decides where the group is going, and gives out tactical orders if need be. We will always have our melee people that don't have a defined marksmanship ability to take perimeter guarding the entrances. We will then have Nightcrawler scavenge surrounding locations due to his movement ability which makes it the most safest way to check/scavenge for supplies. The Marksmen (Deathstroke - Deadshot) will stay relatively close to forge and their supplies sniping/shooting outward, then Deathstroke and Deadshot can go melee if need be. Forge will repair any damaged armor, supply people with earpiece radio's, and locators, as well as input in any situation.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ThexX

Captain America (Team Leader)

• Equipment: Standard Suit, Cap Shield, Colt 1911 (Laser Sight, Compensator), 4 Frag Grenades, & 4 Flash-Bang Grenades

Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier)

• Equipment: Winter Soldier Suit, Tactical AK-47 (Holographic Sight, Laser Sight, Tactical Grip, Silencer), SHIELD Special Handgun (Silencer, Laser Sight, 1 Mag Explosive Rounds), Ka-Bar Combat Knife, 2 Frag Grenades, 2 Flash-Bang Grenades, & 2 Smoke Grenades

Ult. Hawkeye

• Equipment: Standard Suit, Compound Bow (Laser Sight, Limb Stabilizer) , Back Quiver (20 Regular Arrows), Belt Quiver (10 Trick Arrows), Colt 1911 (Laser Sight, Silencer), 2 Frag Grenades, & Tactical Combat Knife

The Punisher

• Equipment: Standard Suit, M249 Saw (Holographic Sight, Laser Sight, Tactical Grip, Compensator), 2 Colt 1911 (Laser Sight, Compensator), 4 Frag Grenades, 4 Concussion Grenades, & Tactical Combat Knife

Union Jack (Joseph)

• Equipment: Standard Suit, MP7 (Holographic Sight, Laser Sight, Tactical Grip, Silencer), 2 Beretta 9mm (Laser Sight, Silencer), Colt 44 Magnum (Laser Sight, Compensator), 3 Frag Grenades, 2 Flash-Bang Grenades, & Tactical Combat Knife.

Ult. Falcon

• Equipment: Standard Suit, Wings, M4A1 Carbine (Holographic Sight, Laser Sight, Tactical Grip, Silencer), 2 G18 Pistols (Laser Sights, Compensators), 2 Frag Grenades, & 2 Flash Bang Grenades

Snake Eyes

• Equipment: Standard Suit, Arashikage Sword, MP7 (Laser Sight, Tactical Grip, Silencer), Beretta 9mm (Laser Sight, Silencer), 4 Kunai, 20 Shuriken, Tactical Combat Knife, 4 Frag Grenades, & 2 Smoke Grenades

Blade

• Equipment: Standard Suit, 2 Scorpion SA 361 (Laser Sight, Silencer, Tactical Grip), 2 Katanas, 10 Kunai, 4 Frag Grenades, Tactical Combat Knife

GAMEPLAN:

Night Gameplan: Okay so here the plan Cap, Ult. Falcon, & Punisher draw up a defensive plan. Bucky, Punisher, Union Jack, & Ult. Hawkeye take up position around the wall they are using firearms to keep the zombies outside the wall. Each one has a protecter Cap for Bucky, Blade for Punisher, Snake Eyes for Union Jack, & Ult. Falcon for Ult. Hawkeye this protecter are helping to keep the Zombies from crossing the wall, If the Zombies cross the wall its the protecters job to engage them first. If the zombies start to overwhelm any of the 2 man teams they fall back and burn the bridges down. And try to protect the square wall. If Zombies overwhelm the square wall the 2 man teams form into to one big team and engage the Zombies with in the wall.

Day Gameplan: During the day the teams will take time sleeping, maintaining their weapons, first aid (not zombie related), get magazines prep load for the next night, have supplies read to go for the night, & refortifying the base.

During the first day the team lays down a mine field (Bouncing Betties, Claymores) where the bridges are. Ult. Falcon uses this time to make away to use Bucky cybernetic arm sonar to benefit everyone on the team.

Here is a scan of what I am talking about with the sonar thing. (These should allow the team to always know where zombies are coming from and help if needed.)

As the Winter Soldier, Bucky's mechanical arm can let out a propagation of sound for his mask to receive and translate it into a 3D map. This allows him to see invisible enemies. Pretty much Dare Devil envy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2856801-winter_solider_015_zone_013.jpg

Team Survives to fight another day.

EzioRenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need only one

No Caption Provided

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@monsterstomp: Now that I've finished my errands for the day, time to talk strategy, tactics, and combat.

Legend: Orange - Deadshot, White - Taskmaster, Grey - Snake Eyes, Black - Punisher, Green - Banner; Weston and Cap are noticeably missing, but there is a reason and I will elaborate.

Brevity codes (for radio use): Cap - Kilo 1, Snake Eyes - Kilo 2, Deadshot - Kilo 3, Deathstroke - Kilo 4, Punisher - Kilo 5, Taskmaster - Kilo 6, Weston - Kilo 7, Banner - Baseplate, Tower - Alamo. Snake Eyes obviously can't speak, but a double beep over the radio will signify distress and needing assistance.

No Caption Provided

Now, the lines dictate overlapping fields of fire for Deadshot and Taskmaster. With their SOCOM 16's, and Taskmaster mimicking Deadshot's accuracy, they can cover their side as well as assist any side that becomes in need of support. Now, as I stated, Cap and Weston are noticeably missing sides and locales. There is a very real reason. They are going to play a support role, moving wall to wall or supporting Banner in Weston's case. Cap has a reported run speed of 60 mph, and has been able to leap to the rooftops of two story buildings. He can cross this fortress easily. Weston is the least impressive here physically, so having him support only one wall (Frank in this case for ease of access) and Banner give him time to maximize his skills without exhausting him. Since bullets are unlimited, that is my primary method of attack. Now, at a glance, there is a glaring weakness: the shattered wall on Frank's side. The humanoid zombies might be able to eventually climb the walls, but the dogs lack such a capability. If you can plug that, the dogs have no access and are therefore a negligible threat. Banner and Weston's primary job during the day is to find a way to get that wall plugged. Even if it is as simple as taking advantage of the strength of Cap and Deathstroke and using stone blocks to wall it up and shovel away the dirt path leading up the wall.

Each bridge connecting the arrowheads to the main base will be rigged with explosives. This allows a destructive retreat, in case those positions start to get overrun. This denies the enemy ease of egress to Baseplate, forcing them to climb yet another wall. Each soldier will carry a detonator to demolish their own bridge. You specify the blue building contains weapons, and I assume that includes explosives. The tree line will be lined with manually detonated explosives, for use against a large horde invasion. Translation: it will not be used often or early, as the enemy has shown a learning capacity.

Now, prior to deployment the team will be put on a nocturnal operations schedule, in preparation for night ops. Much of the planning and prepping will be completed on the days of the earlier hordes, as there are far smaller numbers allowing for greater prep periods and rest periods. This will include plugging the breach, lining the treeline, and even placing mines sporadically on the approach to the fortress.

Combat is simple. The more moving parts to a plan, the more areas for mistakes. Keep it simple, stupid, as we say. With Cap and Weston being the only real moving parts, providing backup or replacement if any soldier needs rest, things become easier. It's simple tactics, really. Head on a swivel, cover your sector, call out incoming assaults to other teammates. Deadshot and Taskmaster should be on the radio more than anyone, as they have eyes on everything. If the zombies start to clear your arrowhead, you fall back, blow your bridge, and fight from that wall. If one wall falls, everyone falls back to Baseplate. Even if no other side is overrun, you run the risk of isolating a man and having him surrounded by hostiles. If Baseplate gets overrun, you fall back to the Alamo. The first floor stairs of the tower will be lined with explosives, the minimum amount to destroy the stairs. Once everyone is inside, you CAN blow the first floor stairs, denying the zombies access. For guys like Cap, Deathstroke, Snake Eyes, etc, jumping down those stairs is nothing to worry about. I don't see that being needed, until possibly the last night. Otherwise, two men fatal funnel the stairs up the tower (Frank and Deathstroke), creating a wall of dead bodies the zombies must pass. The others taking up overlapping fields of fire and height to rain hate on the zombies.

Like I said earlier, if we can plug up that breached wall, the dogs aren't even really an issue.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Nice planning, man. Would expect nothing less from you. Do you think your team can hold against the bonus round I recently put in?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Ugh, everyone put so much effort into theirs and I am soo dang tired.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: You know you want to put a team together and argue their survivability.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Phew, that's a lot of zombies. It's already stretching the limits with 1500. The numbers factor is huge. Again, with proper planning the dogs aren't an issue, but 3000 at once I might start hoping there's some heavy weaponry in that fortress. RPGs, Ma Deuce's, Mark 19 grenade launchers. I'd need some luck on my side, 8 v 3000 is long odds because it takes so little in the OP for a man to die. If I can get access to some heavier mountable equipment in that bunker, I think my team can hold out, but without it I can't say definitively yes or no.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bonus Round, my previous team will have to adjust their strategy. High explosives should do the trick, Clarke, Pred, and Fett can surround the area with IEDs. During the fight, Fett flies up and bombars the zombies with concussion rockets, anti-vehicle missiles, heavy blaster bolts, thermal detonators, flamethrower, etc.

Also, since these are I Am Legend zombies, Clarke can probably deduce their vulnerability to sunlight and built a massive array of high-power UV lights.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: These zombies are fairly smart. If they're running along side dogs, I'm sure they'll intend to find a way to get them into the fortress. But if not, I'd agree.

@fatherchaos Haha, Dr Neville had high powered UV lights and only a hand full of zombies quickly took them out.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: True, but if you plug the fortress up tight as I'm planning, climbing is the only way in. Unless they are going to carry the dogs over the wall... Although by the final night or two I wouldn't be surprised if Banner and/or Weston deduced their intolerance to sunlight and created some sort of UV beam weapon or created massive floodlights to keep them at bay. There are options if you dig deep into their anatomy.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: To be fair Neville didn't have a team of people including futuristic soldiers, advanced aliens, or genius-level minds. Nor did he have a whole fortress of supplies to build with. Clarke could feasibly build like, 80 high-power UV lights and easily repair whatever gets broken.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatherchaos: True, but there's nothing futuristic about UV lights and Neville did have 3 years to learn, adapt and survive.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Future tech will certainly help. Pred's Plasma Caster, if Clarke can somehow convert it to a battery, could probably power a Wailord's belly worth of extra lights. If Neville had nearly that many he could have easily survived that attack.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898 said:

@juiceboks said:

@nick31898 said:

In what way?

Let's see:

Speed, agility, flexibility, intelligence, spider-sense, and he is NEARLY as strong.

On paper they seem more or less equals..but when you take a closer as to how their physicals match up Peter is pretty much outclassed.

Peter is no doubt faster than Luke..but not to that much of an extent. He's certainly not running circles around him as Luke has tagged his fair share of speedy characters.

No..he's not nearly as strong as Luke is. Luke's gone toe to toe with Professor Hulk and one-shotted Ironclad(a 100 tonner at least). The main thing Luke has over Peter is durability and it's by a HUGE margin. His best feat I believe is recently tanking a nuke. Before that he's tanked all manners of explosions, high caliber weapons, and blows from heavy hitting characters. And it's this durability that would allow him to literally stand in the middle of the zombies as they try their best to scratch and bite him to no avail. He's a powerhouse..and a damn good one at that. I'd say he's quite a bit above Peter's league.

100+ tonner? Lol, that's hilarious. Luke is about a 25 tonner. Spider-man is a 20 tonner.

Haha, he's not that much faster than Luke? Tell me when luke is fast enough to dodge automatic bullets.(Though he doesn't need to)

Spider-man is DEFINATELY WAY faster than luke. He also outclasses him in agility, flexibility, and DEFINITELY Intelligence.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898: Luke Cage is too strong and too durable. I should probably specify what "around Spider-Man's level" means.

Yeah he is, but spider-man is still more powerful. Luge cage can only lift about 5 more tons.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Since when is Spider-Man a 20 tonner? Classic Spider-Man was only a 10 tonner.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@nick31898 said:

@juiceboks said:

@nick31898 said:

In what way?

Let's see:

100+ tonner? Lol, that's hilarious. Luke is about a 25 tonner. Spider-man is a 20 tonner.

Haha, he's not that much faster than Luke? Tell me when luke is fast enough to dodge automatic bullets.(Though he doesn't need to)

Spider-man is DEFINATELY WAY faster than luke. He also outclasses him in agility, flexibility, and DEFINITELY Intelligence.

Luke has many feats that put him above 25 tons. I wouldn't say that's his limit by any means. And since when was Spider-Man listed as a 20 tonner? At base currently he's 10-15.

No..he's not. Certainly not to the extent that your suggesting. Luke doesn't have many speed feats against guns and other such weaponry mainly because..he has no reason to dodge them. What he does have though is instances where he's tagged and beat down characters with superhuman levels of speed. Both classic and current Sabretooth for example.

How does being more agile than another character make them more powerful?

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898 said:

@juiceboks said:

@nick31898 said:

@juiceboks said:

@nick31898 said:

In what way?

Let's see:

Luke has many feats that put him above 25 tons. I wouldn't say that's his limit by any means. And since when was Spider-Man listed as a 20 tonner? At base currently he's 10-15.

No..he's not. Certainly not to the extent that your suggesting. Luke doesn't have many speed feats against guns and other such weaponry mainly because..he has no reason to dodge them. What he does have though is instances where he's tagged and beat down characters with superhuman levels of speed. Both classic and current Sabretooth for example.

Oops, I meant to put 20 tons under stress, 15 tons easily.

Exactly, since he has no need to dodge bullets, he doesn't practice doing it, so therefore he is NOT fast enough to do it.

When does being more agile make spider-man more powerful?

When lue cage couldn't touch spider-man in a fight, n the account that he is much slower,a and spider-man would easily dodge most of his attacks due to spider-sense.

Speaking of spider-sense, that is also what makes Spider-man more powerful. Being able to know when one is attacking. And then dodging it.

Evilbeavers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Team:

Magma - Amara Aquilla

Magma creates rivers of lava around the base 200ft in width. I doubt any zombie is jumping/swimming that.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 juiceboks  Moderator

@nick31898 I never said he was fast enough, I made the claim that he's tagged superhuman foes so Luke is not as slow as you're making him out to be.

I think you're interpretation of "powerful" needs some clarification. You're giving examples of how Spider-Man's abilities would help in a fight against Luke, not how he's more powerful. Being faster than a character or having precog, doesn't necessarily make them more powerful. If that were the case..then Spider-Man would be more powerful than Colossus(if you believe that then I have no reason to further discuss this with you). Power in this case is determined mainly by the amount/variety of damage a character can dish out, and the amount of damage they can take. Who they can/have stand/stood up to and beat over the years also plays into it, and Luke has consistently proven he's far above street level.

Oh and by the by when Luke and Peter fought in Amazing Spider-Man #123 (before Luke got his major powerup mind you)..Peter was not running circles around Luke at all. Luke lost..but he did get his licks in.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Yeah he is, but spider-man is still more powerful. Luge cage can only lift about 5 more tons.

He's around Spider-Man's physical level and can't be used as it is in violation with rule three.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Power- the ability to do something

-ful- full of.

Powerful means full of power.

If you think being strong and durable makes you the most powerful, then you are wrong. In that case, hulk would be more powerful than Thor.

Spider-man's over all powers add up to make him more of a threat than luke cage is.

Would you not agree: More powerful, more of a threat.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Oh I agree he can't be used, he IS too powerful to do that.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@monsterstomp said:

@lunacyde: You know you want to put a team together and argue their survivability.

Already posted the team....just have to argue the survivability :)

Question: What is this bunker/fortress? Does it have electricity? Computers? Basic electrical equipment? Security cameras? Etc

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Its a map from an Assassin's Creed DLC. But I'll allow for basic electrical equipment. Spare computer components in the RED warehouse.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 juiceboks  Moderator

@nick31898 I never said that a character is more powerful just because they're stronger(though that is a big factor). I think you need to rethink your comparison. On the contrary, I believe Thor is much more powerful than Hulk not just because he's stronger and more durable but in conjunction with all of his powers. He's defeated greater foes(Gorr), dished out more damage(Godblast), and is more durable(Celestials and Odin among many other examples). Your argument would have more weight if you gave an example that's not so debatable as Hulk vs. Thor..

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: Its a map from an Assassin's Creed DLC. But I'll allow for basic electrical equipment. Spare computer components in the RED warehouse.

Meh, I'll likely swap out Root then. She's far less useful without a good deal of technology around her.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898 I never said that a character is more powerful just because they're stronger(though that is a big factor). I think you need to rethink your comparison. On the contrary, I believe Thor is much more powerful than Hulk not just because he's stronger and more durable but in conjunction with all of his powers. He's defeated greater foes(Gorr), dished out more damage(Godblast), and is more durable(Celestials and Odin among many other examples). Your argument would have more weight if you gave an example that's not so debatable as Hulk vs. Thor..

NO, I'm saying that if you are stronger, you are more powerful, then Hulk would be considered more powerful than Thor, because he is physically stronger, and more durable than thor.

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: batman, captain america,black panther, nightwing,hawkeye,spiderman,deadpool, and gambit

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@lunacyde said:

Since when is Spider-Man a 20 tonner? Classic Spider-Man was only a 10 tonner.

He's been shown as roughly 20ish tons since he "grew up" and "bulked up" since his strength is proportional. Kaine is about 25-30 because he's more muscular and baseline stronger than Peter than the spider-multiplier.

Peter got a bit of a strength boost from the whole "Other" thing as well.

rugrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team:

-Gambit

-Nightcrawler

-Zero suit samus

-Emma frost

-Mystique

-Shadowcat

-Winter soldier

Explanation: winter soldier is a killer soldier with a sniper rifle at his side he should fend of zombies also his war experience makes him a leader. Gambit was picked because cards dont need to reload and the explosions he can cause are substantial and like most of my team close quarters combat isn't a problem. Samus is extremely fast and skilled with guns. shadowcat is intangible and can turn things intangible is there a better power. nightcrawler allows quick back up and support and is good with swords. mystique can... fight. emma is basically a way to patch everyone together for the for information transfer and she has a diamond skin form .

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jashro44

I just want to point out that sabre tooth has done his fair share of jobbing and he tends to tank attacks in character. I wouldn't say tagging sabre tooth puts you near spider-mans tier speed wise. And just as I would say Luke cage is above 25 tons (despite bios saying he is a 25 toner) I would say spider-man has proven he is well beyond the 10 ton range.

I agree Cage is stronger and more durable.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@juiceboks said:

I just want to point out that sabre tooth has done his fair share of jobbing and he tends to tank attacks in character. I wouldn't say tagging sabre tooth puts you near spider-mans tier speed wise. And just as I would say Luke cage is above 25 tons (despite bios saying he is a 25 toner) I would say spider-man has proven he is well beyond the 10 ton range.

I agree Cage is stronger and more durable.

Classic Sabretooth wasn't that much of a jobber compared to he is now. In his classic fight with Luke he just got caught off guard. Luke also broke Venom's teeth in New Avengers teeth in Norman's office when he was trying to stop him from attacking Bullseye. Not saying Luke is in Spider-Man's league of speed, but he's not so slow that he would have Peter run circles around him while he stands there punching at air the whole time.