Zod vs Thor (movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

No knowledge. Both bloodlusted. Battle on Earth.

Who wins?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably Zod due to speed.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod stomps hard.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Zod. Stronger, faster, no known vulnerability, if his suit breaks he will just gain flight a heatvision.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod: Kneel before Zo... *Smack mjolnir to his face*

Zod: Is that all you got Thor?!

Thor: Oh sh!t *Runs away*

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RandomSid82

@willpayton: Did you create this thread because your Man of Steel Superman vs Thor thread got locked due to flaming?

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod stomps, much stronger, faster greater durability, heat vision...etc

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was Thor in the movies more durable than iron? Because heat vision melted iron on impact.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was Thor in the movies more durable than iron? Because heat vision melted iron on impact.

I think i remember thor having a nose bleed just from falling from the sky in that glass container. So, no.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RandomSid82

@sodamyat said:

@elderskaar said:

I think i remember thor having a nose bleed just from falling from the sky in that glass container. So, no.

Don't start with the lowballing. Iron falling from that height(considering the container was made of steel which is stronger than iron and glass) would take MUCH worse damage and did.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheClassicIon

Thor gives Zod a speech about honor and royalty

Zod tells Thor theres only one way this ends either you die or I do

Zod gets impatient and punches Thor so hard making him drop Mjolnir

Zod tries to lift the hammer

Zod then "beats the hammer with Thor" since he can't lift it

Thor wets himself.

Thor kneels before Zod !

Thor then says to Zod "both you and my brother Loki have one thing in common, you both like to make people "Kneel"

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@elderskaar said:

Don't start with the lowballing. Iron falling from that height(considering the container was made of steel which is stronger than iron and glass) would take MUCH worse damage and did.

im just saying, thor got a bloody nose from hitting the ground at terminal velocity which is a mere 120 miles per hour. no low balling. just facts.

Additionally. Buildings are made of steel beams, not iron beams IIRC.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

@sodamyat said:

@elderskaar said:

im just saying, thor got a bloody nose from hitting the ground at terminal velocity which is a mere 120 miles per hour. no low balling. just facts.

The question was if movie Thor was more durable than Iron. Thor took much less damage than the steel the cage was made of took, so yes, he was more durable. So yes, you were lowballing when you said he wasn't.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

There is a reason @vance_astro locked the Movie(MOS) vs Movie Thor Thread. I suspect this thread will eventually come to a similar fate. Zod was nearly MOS equal, only he lacked Clarks experience with Super Powers. In a way, this is basically the same thread. I mean they nearly stalemated each other in fighting and then Zod forced Supes to kill him.

There is virtually nothing to discuss that won't just come back to the same tired points in the MOS vs MCU Thor thread. Until Age Of Ultron appears, we really don't need any threads like this.

============================

#2385 Edited by Vance Astro (89260 posts) - 11 days, 15 hours ago - Show Bio

Nobody can seem to get their stuff together in this thread so i'm locking it. I'm sooooo tired of being called here every single day!

================

It won't be to long before the MCU & DCCU fanboys show up and tank this thread as well...so until Age of Ultron comes out and maybe gives Thor some new feats to discuss. We mine as well lock this thread now.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

The question was if movie Thor was more durable than Iron. Thor took much less damage than the steel the cage was made of took, so yes, he was more durable. So yes, you were lowballing when you said he wasn't.

Thats interesting considering ive watched it 3 times just now and the puny little box that contained thor isnt shown after it hits the ground so im thinking your lying. If not just simply show me a picture of it after it hits the ground and I'll change my mind about you lying.

So yea, no low balling. Just facts that aggravated you for some reason.

How many times must you be flagged for calling people liars before you learn that it is against the rules?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

Thats interesting considering ive watched it 3 times just now and the puny little box that contained thor isnt shown after it hits the ground so im thinking your lying. If not just simply show me a picture of it after it hits the ground and I'll change my mind about you lying.

How many times must you be flagged for calling people liars before you learn that it is against the rules?

Ok, so youre not a liar then. But you did say that thor was less damaged than that little box and i said that thats interesting considering ive seen it 3 times in the last 20 minutes and they dont ever show the condition the box is in after it hits earth. so then just prove your point by simply showing me a picture to prove youre telling the truth. No big deal. Should be easy right?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SodamYat
RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

Ok, so youre not a liar then. But you did say that thor was less damaged than that little box and i said that thats interesting considering ive seen it 3 times in the last 20 minutes and they dont ever show the condition the box is in after it hits earth. so then just prove your point by simply showing me a picture to prove youre telling the truth. No big deal. Should be easy right?

Right now I can't even seem to find the scene so that will have to wait. But there is always the fact that Thor was casually crushing Iron Man's armor(which by his own words was a titanium alloy) with his hands. So that also puts him stronger than Iron. There are many other showings which were shown in the other thread. I'm not going to get into this again as it does no good. Some people are so blinded by biased that they can't even fathom the idea that their favorite character could possibly lose. And that also extends to their favorite characters villains, especially when they have the same powerset. This has been thoroughly debated back and forth(with Superman instead of Zod), I see no need to do it all again.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lling fro

Right now I can't even seem to find the scene so that will have to wait. But there is always the fact that Thor was casually crushing Iron Man's armor(which by his own words was a titanium alloy) with his hands. So that also puts him stronger than Iron. There are many other showings which were shown in the other thread. I'm not going to get into this again as it does no good. Some people are so blinded by biased that they can't even fathom the idea that their favorite character could possibly lose. And that also extends to their favorite characters villains, especially when they have the same powerset. This has been thoroughly debated back and forth(with Superman instead of Zod), I see no need to do it all again.

Oh, you cant find it, right, hehe, ok then here you go. heres the video. now, you said that thor was less damaged than the box, so you show me where that is shown since i dont see it. lol. and if you decided to leave this thread, then thats cool too. either way. either way is fine (seth voice)

Loading Video...

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RandomSid82

@sodamyat: Look very closely at about the :25-:26 mark, you can see pieces of the box flying after the crash in the sand. Bottom left corner of the crash.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SodamYat

@sodamyat: Look very closely at about the :25-:26 mark, you can see pieces of the box flying after the crash in the sand. Bottom left corner of the crash.

I saw parts, yes, but are they from the welding joints that seperated or is it the steel itself that broke. thats whats in question...so im still waiting. elderskarr raised a good question. and its made me wonder what would happen to thor if zod just used his heat vision on thor for 2 seconds...or 4 seconds...im thinking thor gets severely damaged based on what ive seen of thor.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RandomSid82

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

I saw parts, yes, but are they from the welding joints that seperated or is it the steel itself that broke. thats whats in question...so im still waiting. elderskarr raised a good question. and its made me wonder what would happen to thor if zod just used his heat vision on thor for 2 seconds...or 4 seconds...im thinking thor gets severely damaged based on what ive seen of thor.

The same thing that happened when the Destroyer armor tried to use his heat vision against Thor, Thor would bat it away with Mjolnir and since Zod, like Superman has a small downtime after using his heat vision, he would get hurt.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

The same thing that happened when the Destroyer armor tried to use his heat vision against Thor, Thor would bat it away with Mjolnir and since Zod, like Superman has a small downtime after using his heat vision, he would get hurt.

thor didnt bat away the beam. he through the little hammer and hit destroyer in the face which made him miss. and the kryptonians are much faster than the destroyer...or thor for that matter. do you at least agree that thor loses this battle too?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RandomSid82

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

thor didnt bat away the beam. he through the little hammer and hit destroyer in the face which made him miss. and the kryptonians are much faster than the destroyer...or thor for that matter. do you at least agree that thor loses this battle too?

Loading Video...

Around 1:39

As for who I think would win....I'm not actually positive. I gave the Superman vs Thor battle to Thor with a 5.5-6/10. This one I think could actually go either way very easily. Superman was able to beat Zod. I believe Thor could as well. But I believe that Zod could also defeat Thor. Honestly, I'd probably go the other way with this one and give it to Thor 5.5-6/10.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

@sodamyat said:

@randomsid said:

Loading Video...

As for who I think would win....I'm not actually positive. I gave the Superman vs Thor battle to Thor with a 5.5-6/10. This one I think could actually go either way very easily. Superman was able to beat Zod. I believe Thor could as well. But I believe that Zod could also defeat Thor. Honestly, I'd probably go the other way with this one and give it to Thor 5.5-6/10.

You cannot be serious.

Thor isn't even faster than Cap in the movie. What is he going to do against someone ten times and above faster than him? Not to mention stronger and more durable.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellblazing: Go look at the other debate, I'm not going to get into a huge debate again.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/superman-vs-thor-movie-versions-1469594/

You will have to wade through a lot, but there are tons of feats for Thor in there that show he is more than capable of going up against Superman, or Zod on equal footing.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SodamYat

m thinking thor gets severely damaged based on what ive seen of thor.

Loading Video...

oh i thought u were referring to the part at 101 where he throws the hammer at the destroyers face. either way i dont see that as an option for thor given how much faster kryptonians are than thor.

I dont see this as a close match.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellblazing: zod and superman stomp thor. people just cant see their favorite characters lose. its not even close honestly. thor is too slow. just like in the comics.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@hellblazing: zod and superman stomp thor. people just cant see their favorite characters lose. its not even close honestly. thor is too slow. just like in the comics.

That's funny, I've voted against my favorite character multiple times. I have NEVER seen you vote against a DC character. And you have the nerve to say that other people can't see their favorite character lose? That's hilarious. The last thread was locked due to flaming, this thread is already starting off bad and shaping up to be locked for the same reason.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Superman isn't particularly fast either. The only Kryptonian that showed Flash-like blitzing is Faora. Zod and Superman never really showed super-speed in combat.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

That's funny, I've voted against my favorite character multiple times. I have NEVER seen you vote against a DC character. And you have the nerve to say that other people can't see their favorite character lose? That's hilarious. The last thread was locked due to flaming, this thread is already starting off bad and shaping up to be locked for the same reason.

then stalk me more often. the only street level DC characters ive ever voted for are deathstroke and maybe red hood once or twice. I vote for Marvels street level characters almost 100 percent of the time.

this battle just isnt close in my opinion. Simple as that.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@vance_astro

@saren

Please lock this. It is basically another Superman vs Thor thread and it will end up like the old one where everybody basically started flaming each other. (^^^^Look, it's already starting.^^^^)

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Superman isn't particularly fast either. The only Kryptonian that showed Flash-like blitzing is Faora. Zod and Superman never really showed super-speed in combat.

This^

There's a myth here that all the movie Kryptonians have this insane combat speed which they don't. Only Faora has shown significant combat speed. Zod still wins though but not because of speed. Thor could win if he gets better feats in AoU though.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: That's because of the sped up gifs.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you cant be serious. thor fought at human speeds. kryptonians were way faster than that...cmon man. seriously?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Yes. The only one that showed legitimate suoer-speed and not bullrushing was Faora. Superman and Zod fought at pretty much humans speed too.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Yes. The only one that showed legitimate suoer-speed and not bullrushing was Faora. Superman and Zod fought at pretty much humans speed too.

call it whatever word you want. they displayed speed that thor didnt.

Wait, LMAO what? Superman and zod fought at human speeds too? lol oh boy

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't bother. You are in a MoS thread, a place where logic, reasoning and critical thinking does not exist.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: Superman punched way faster than thr average human and he sent faora and zod flyng with punches like 100 yards or more, you need speed for that to happen

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's closer than people think, while MOS Zod should win a solid majority. MCU Thor has been used as a glorified punching bag. He's darn durable Though. Im not quite sure what Thor falling in the box has to do with anything, considering some posts are trying to relate real world physics to a CBM. I would say Thor is more durable than Iron by a long shot and not all buildings are steel, some older ones are Iron, Wood, Concrete, Steel, or combination of, it really depends on age and size. Also IMO he had a nose bleed for dramatic effect. He also got punched by hulk, who destroyed a Leviathan with one hit. Granted they were different circumstances but we're Splitting hairs.

Anyway Zod should take a good majority be a good fight though. Zod probably 8/10

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk punched Thor who is weakee than Zod and i cant remember if Thor started bleeding or nor

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SodamYat

Hulk punched Thor who is weakee than Zod and i cant remember if Thor started bleeding or nor

he did. thor puts his finger to his nose and looks at it, and then smiles cause hes enjoying the fight.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WastelandMan

@elderskaar said:

Hulk one-shotted a skyscraper-sized space whale how is he weaker? Not saying Hulk could beat him but he's certainly not weaker in strength.....

And is this what you'd call super speed punches??:

Loading Video...

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ZOD

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ElderSkaar

@m_man: Lol the chitauri ships were not as big as skyscrapers, they were at best 25 meters long while Superman was able to support the weight of an oil rig top which is 100 ton+

Edit: they slow down stuffs for the sake of plot, after that scene faora hits superman so hard it sends him flying like a whole city block, that needs super speed.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who didnt show any speed feats while fighting in MoS ?

Both ( Superman and Zod ) of their punches were super-sonic. Did you watched Man of Steel in 144p ?