ZH Parallax vs. Thanos w/ IG

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Satyrquaze: Thanos wasn't the Supreme being with the IG. He was the Supreme Being when he had the HoTU.

@King Saturn: I agree with you. Both of these characters have relative omnipotence. Both have immense power and I assume both can destroy and recreate Universes on a whim. It'd be a good fight.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Satyrquaze
@Lunacyde: 

Thanos was called "The Supreme Being" or "God" several times during the continuity of Infinity Gauntlet, the fact that Death admitted he was several stations higher than she was added to that. 

Adam Warlock also referred to himself as a "Supreme Being" while he had the IG. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By AtPhantom

I really can't accept that the IG is a multiversal power when a different version of the IG has been shown to exist for every universe.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@AtPhantom said:
" I really can't accept that the IG is a multiversal power when a different version of the IG has been shown to exist for every universe. "
It seemed to be confirmed when the LT was debating with Adam Warlock over giving it up.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By CAPiTA
@AtPhantom said:
" I really can't accept that the IG is a multiversal power when a different version of the IG has been shown to exist for every universe. "
MJJ was an omniversal power and there were different versions of him.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Satyrquaze:  TOAA is Marvel's Supreme being and you may be right, but I thought the only time Thanos took TOAA's place was with HoTU.  I personally think it's embellishment on thier part to call Thanos Supreme being. There can only be one Supreme being and TOAA was still above him at that point from my understanding. Because a character says something doesn't necessarily mean it is the direct truth.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@CAPiTA said:
" @AtPhantom said:
MJJ was an omniversal power and there were different versions of him. "
Yeah, but that's a different situation. I don't think the IG for every universe varies in power levels like the Jaspers.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AtPhantom
@CAPiTA said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Hmmm....True that.... But were they all as powerful?
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Satyrquaze
@Lunacyde: 

I accept that, but Starlin had a habit of making Thanos and Warlock both infallable and anything that came out of their mouths was treated as undisputable fact.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@AtPhantom said:
" @CAPiTA said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Hmmm....True that.... But were they all as powerful? "
No. 616 Jaspers was stated as being dramatically more powerful.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CAPiTA
@Lance Uppercut said:

" @CAPiTA said:

" @AtPhantom said:
Yeah, but that's a different situation. I don't think the IG for every universe varies in power levels like the Jaspers. "
good point.

@AtPhantom said:
" @CAPiTA said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Hmmm....True that.... But were they all as powerful? "

Lance answered it for you :P
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AtPhantom

Starlin also has a habit of making a new omnipotent entity every times he picks up a pen. Seriously, does he have an inferiority complex or something?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Satyrquaze: I agree he was nigh-omnipotent, and for all intents and purposes he could be looked at as a Supreme being.....but there can only be 1 Supreme being and with the IG I never think he eclipsed/replaced TOAA. Thats all :)
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AtPhantom
@CAPiTA: I see it now, lol.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Satyrquaze
@AtPhantom said:
"Starlin also has a habit of making a new omnipotent entity every times he picks up a pen. Seriously, does he have an inferiority complex or something? "

Very probably.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Tevnoba
@AtPhantom said:
No it has not, there has been only one IG ever!
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AtPhantom
@Tevnoba said:
" @AtPhantom said:
No it has not, there has been only one IG ever! "
I beg to differ. Recent FF has shown three alternate reality Reeds, each wielding an IG from his own universe.
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Waffle Fries
@King Saturn said:
"@Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @King Saturn said:
"even though the Infinity Gems came from a Omnipotent Being... I dont believe the Infinity Gauntlet made Thanos fully Omnipotent... now when Thanos had the Heart of the Universe he was fully Omnipotent... so if indeed Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet isnt totally Omnipotent... then there is room for a possible loss against for Thanos here with the IG since Zero Hour Parallax himself was not fully Omnipotent either...  "
what we have to look at is who had bigger feats here, well thanos was was able to not only beat galactus,TOAA,order,chaos ect ect at the same time well hals biggest feat was taking down a fully powered up spectre, now i am not saying spectre is a slouch but taking on all those other foes shows thanos to be on a little bit of a higher level then ZH hal,  on a off topic note i am glad to be back on the vine haha "
okay... but you have to understand also... that the Marvel Cosmic Pantheon is a little bit more established than what DC actually has... now even though Thanos handled Galactus, LT, Eternity, Lord Chaos, etc. etc. those are the Cosmic Forces that make up the Higher Cosmic Pantheon... but think about DC for a minute... when a Powerhouse Character comes to the fold... who is usually the Only Massive Force that has to defend against them ? That's Right... its The Spectre. There really isnt a well developed Cosmic Pantheon in DC as there is in Marvel... usually The Spectre is the Main Cosmic/Magical Force that comes out to defend against Powerhouses... whereas Marvel has Eternity, LT, Galactus, Lord Chaos... blah blah blah... so even though Thanos has the better feats with the IG... it isnt because he is simply better than ZH Parallax... its because ZH Parallax didnt get to show his power against multiple Spectre level beings at once... and thats mainly because there arent many Spectre level beings that provide assistance in massive DC battles for him... or at least there werent any at that time...  "
i understand where you are coming from but even so as much as i like DC over marvel marvel knows how to show off there cosmic power houses more times then DC, well spectre is the one they always fight you can't say a fully powered spectre is stronger then eternity by all that much who thanos beat without much trouble, i mean spectre is great and powerful but eternity is close to him thats for sure.  on the reason i left go to the PM. "
I would still say someone who is strong enough to restart a Universe and handle a Fully Powered Spectre ( which at that time was probably one of the most powerful entites in the DCU ) should be able to trump even Thanos with the IG... just because ZH Parallax didnt get to exploit his power against other Cosmic Forces... doesnt mean he couldnt... and since the upper limits of his power seemed to be of Nigh Omnipotence... I dont see why Parallax couldnt at least give Thanos with the IG a good fight at the least "
Thanos with the IG could destory the entire universe or recreate it with a simple thought... "
even if Thanos could... this still doesnt make him more powerful than Zero Hour Parallax...  "

I wasnt saying that made the IG more powerful. I was just stating that the IG could do the same thing as ZHP.
Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@AtPhantom said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @AtPhantom said:
I beg to differ. Recent FF has shown three alternate reality Reeds, each wielding an IG from his own universe. "

Yea there's alternate IG, but NOWHERE the Power of the 616 Version as REPEATEDLY shown in the comics... 

As I said above the IG is a legit MultiversalPower... 
Hal only had power over ONE universe! & lost his power & dies by a damn arrow in the end... 

Thanos w/ease still... 
 Thanos w/cube would make thinks better for hal but would still lose.. 

GBD
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AtPhantom
@GamorasBigDaddy said:

" Yea there's alternate IG, but NOWHERE the Power of the 616 Version as REPEATEDLY shown in the comics...  As I said above the IG is a legit MultiversalPower... Hal only had power over ONE universe! & lost his power & dies by a damn arrow in the end...  Thanos w/ease still...  Thanos w/cube would make thinks better for hal but would still lose..  GBD "

You just pulled this out of your @$$. Why would the IG's in other universes be different from IG's in 616? That's like saying Eternity or Death in another universe are different than 616 Eternity and Death.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Tevnoba
@AtPhantom said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @AtPhantom said:
I beg to differ. Recent FF has shown three alternate reality Reeds, each wielding an IG from his own universe. "
If so, my apologies, I've not seen that.  However, that is up there with the stupidest PIS I have ever seen in comics.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SeSAW
@AtPhantom said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" @AtPhantom said:

That was accurate but the real IG in 616 is the only one that can controll the other realities.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SeSAW

Here you go even Lt couldt stop him therefore the IG wearer is the supreme being.
Harper_Jr
said:
"@SeSAW said:

" Thanos easy. He can do whatever he wants with the IG. Adam Warlock with the IG made LT look scared. Thanos can destroy universes with it with mere thoughts. He can tear apart the marvel multiverse. "

Too bad he never did any of that And the LT was never scared of the IG "

You didn't read the IG saga did you dont make me prove you wrong. 

here 

GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@AtPhantom said:
"@GamorasBigDaddy said:

" Yea there's alternate IG, but NOWHERE the Power of the 616 Version as REPEATEDLY shown in the comics...  As I said above the IG is a legit MultiversalPower... Hal only had power over ONE universe! & lost his power & dies by a damn arrow in the end...  Thanos w/ease still...  Thanos w/cube would make thinks better for hal but would still lose..  GBD "

You just pulled this out of your @$$. Why would the IG's in other universes be different from IG's in 616? That's like saying Eternity or Death in another universe are different than 616 Eternity and Death. "

No not at all! It's REPEATEDLY DOCUMENTED!!!  the 3 whatifs that dealed with alternate IG, like when ImpossibleMan/Silversurfe & Doom had it there was no comparison at ALL. 
Also the FF issues show this also!!! 
Not pulling it out of nowhere but the comics... 
Obviously the 616 U IG is where most of the InfinityBeings Power setttled... 

GBD
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@GamorasBigDaddy said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"@GamorasBigDaddy said:

You just pulled this out of your @$$. Why would the IG's in other universes be different from IG's in 616? That's like saying Eternity or Death in another universe are different than 616 Eternity and Death. "
No not at all! It's REPEATEDLY DOCUMENTED!!!  the 3 whatifs that dealed with alternate IG, like when ImpossibleMan/Silversurfe & Doom had it there was no comparison at ALL. Also the FF issues show this also!!! Not pulling it out of nowhere but the comics... Obviously the 616 U IG is where most of the InfinityBeings Power setttled...  GBD "
No, you seriously are making things up.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AtPhantom

The what if issues are non canon. The FF issues are canon for the 616 universe, and in there the IGs acted completely normal and no difference between them was mentioned at al. They wiped out Celestials for crying out loud.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@SeSAW said:
"
No Caption Provided

Here you go even Lt couldt stop him therefore the IG wearer is the supreme being.'s more powerful.
Harper_Jr said:
"@SeSAW said:

" Thanos easy. He can do whatever he wants with the IG. Adam Warlock with the IG made LT look scared. Thanos can destroy universes with it with mere thoughts. He can tear apart the marvel multiverse. "

Too bad he never did any of that And the LT was never scared of the IG "
You didn't read the IG saga did you dont make me prove you wrong.  here   "
That scans means nothing. You've posted something out of context that doesn't even state your point. If you'd actually read it, you'd know that the LT goes on to describe that it would take the destruction of the entire 616 plane of existence to wrest the gauntlet from Adam. Which the LT was prepared to do. Even the official marvel handbook states that the LT if greater then the power of the combined gems.
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @GamorasBigDaddy said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"@GamorasBigDaddy said:

No not at all! It's REPEATEDLY DOCUMENTED!!!  the 3 whatifs that dealed with alternate IG, like when ImpossibleMan/Silversurfe & Doom had it there was no comparison at ALL. Also the FF issues show this also!!! Not pulling it out of nowhere but the comics... Obviously the 616 U IG is where most of the InfinityBeings Power setttled...  GBD "
No, you seriously are making things up. "

LOL, get a clue PLEASE!!!  
Just accept the knowledge I showed you that was compete fact that you DID"NT know abotu!!! 

I suggest you read the whatif stories that deal with alternate IG's! Them you might know what you talking about!!  

GBD
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lance Uppercut said:
" That scans means nothing. You've posted something out of context that doesn't even state your point. If you'd actually read it, you'd know that the LT goes on to describe that it would take the destruction of the entire 616 plane of existence to wrest the gauntlet from Adam. Which the LT was prepared to do. Even the official marvel handbook states that the LT if greater then the power of the combined gems. "
Well. Pwned.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@AtPhantom said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" That scans means nothing. You've posted something out of context that doesn't even state your point. If you'd actually read it, you'd know that the LT goes on to describe that it would take the destruction of the entire 616 plane of existence to wrest the gauntlet from Adam. Which the LT was prepared to do. Even the official marvel handbook states that the LT if greater then the power of the combined gems. "
Well. Pwned. "
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@AtPhantom said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Well. Pwned. "

No he was'nt! The LT really was'nt sure if he could defeat Adam, that IS TRUE!!! 
We really don't know which is more powerful, it's very VERY close either way... 

& anyone that starts quoteing handbook shows how much they ae failing there case! The fact is the Handbooks contridict ALOT of ACTUAL CONTINUITY & beings Power levels... 

GBD
negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By negamegas

Parallax.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Assman
@AtPhantom said:
"I don't know what to make of this.  Parallax was capable of overwhelming even the Spectre at its fullest, which is indeed a considerable feat. But on the other hand, the IG has power over everyone short of the Living Tribunal. A case can be made for both sides.  I can give to Parallax since the IG never showed ability to restart the universe to my knowledge (but I could be dissuaded) And just in case anyone asks, no Spectre is not equal to LT. "

Thanos will  not lose this with the IG.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lagoon_boy
Im not really sure since the only being not affected by the gauntlet was The Living Tribunal, and i would put the living tribunal above spectre
Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Goenitz

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By mrtrickster

bump. this is a very close fight. although the majority would go with thanos, but I think no one thanos ever beat (including eternity or galactus) come close to fully backed spectre. I'll back zh parallax for the win.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By difficlus

wasn't ZH a multiversal threat and IG thanos was only universal...

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mrtrickster
@difficlus said:
"wasn't ZH a multiversal threat and IG thanos was only universal... "

they are both universal, there's only one universe in dc at that time
Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Star_Lord
Thanos with IG.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By difficlus
@mrtrickster said:
" @difficlus said:
"wasn't ZH a multiversal threat and IG thanos was only universal... "
they are both universal, there's only one universe in dc at that time "
ahh...then i'll give thanos the majority. 
Darksied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Darksied
@Lunacyde said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
"Well in all fairness ZH Parallax recreated the entire Universe with a snap of his fingers basically. "

Snap of the fingers indeed.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By difficlus
@Darksied said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
"Well in all fairness ZH Parallax recreated the entire Universe with a snap of his fingers basically. "

No Caption Provided
Snap of the fingers indeed. "
that scan doesn't show anything, hmmm impressive but he isn't going to beat thanos by creating a universe. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#93  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Parallax.

Darksied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Darksied
@difficlus said:
" @Darksied said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
"that scan doesn't show anything, hmmm impressive but he isn't going to beat thanos by creating a universe.  "

The Scan shows parallax recreating the dc universe with a considerable amount of effort not a snap of the finger.
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, 

My vote goes to Parallax, he was a Multiversal threat. Deleted Alternate time lines, deleted and re created the universe etc.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By slimj87d

Mathamatically, Thanos. 

IG = A universal being on par with LT which died and passed on his powers into the marvel Universe from my memory. 
ZH Hal Jordan = Parallax, Central power battery, Guardians of the Universe 

To me that sounds like IG > Parallax + Guardians of the Universe + Central Power battery

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Thor's hammmer

IG surpassed pretty much everything except LT i'd have to go with it.  

does anyone have scans of Ion and Parallax's feats?
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By departed402

This really comes down to Marvel vs DC. Both are Universal destroyers, and while they both have amazing offense I'm not sure how they would defend themselves against each other. None the less, It's a draw.  

Though IMO, Parallax did more impressive feats, and I think that does say something.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thor's hammmer said:
" IG surpassed pretty much everything except LT i'd have to go with it.   does anyone have scans of Ion and Parallax's feats? "
Yeah I'll post some.