" I'll go with Parallax. "
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Parallax has better feats. But Nekron is, supposedly, stronger than all of the emotional entities except for the Entity (the white one). 

So in theory, Nekron should win.

_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By _Courage_
@JediXMan said:
"Parallax has better feats. But Nekron is, supposedly, stronger than all of the emotional entities except for the Entity (the white one).   So in theory, Nekron should win."

I went with feats rather than theory. I can understand what you're saying though. Maybe we can truly determine the outcome of this battle when Nekron actually does something lol.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hellos

Parallax. 
Everyone from, from Guardians, to the emotional entites, to your average Green Lantern aren't being written as powerful as they used to be.  
So I can believe current Parallax would go down easy, but not his ZH incarnation.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@_Courage_ said:
" I went with feats rather than theory. I can understand what you're saying though. Maybe we can truly determine the outcome of this battle when Nekron actually does something lol. "
I agree. 

But didn't Sinestro claim that he was all powerful while under the power of the White Lantern? Personally, I simply blame Geoff John's inability to properly depict omnipotence.
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Courage_
@JediXMan said:
" @_Courage_ said:
" I went with feats rather than theory. I can understand what you're saying though. Maybe we can truly determine the outcome of this battle when Nekron actually does something lol. "
I agree.  But didn't Sinestro claim that he was all powerful while under the power of the White Lantern? Personally, I simply blame Geoff John's inability to properly depict omnipotence. "

Yeah Sinestro did. I kind of viewed that as more of a thirst for power and boasting on his part, especially since he got it over Hal. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Entity did bestow ominpotence upon its avatar.
Afterglow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Afterglow
@JediXMan said:
" @_Courage_ said:
I agree.  But didn't Sinestro claim that he was all powerful while under the power of the White Lantern? Personally, I simply blame Geoff John's inability to properly depict omnipotence. "
Just curious, what do you think of him as a writer overall? 

Anyway, I'm going with a theory in this one, and say Nekron wins. 
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Courage_
@Afterglow:
Personally, I love Geoff Johns as a writer. Green Lantern:Rebirth and Flash:Rebirth have a special place in my heart.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Afterglow: 

I love his work. He was fantastic during his run on Green Lantern and 52. I just feel that he isn't great at depicting near-omnipotent characters (example: Rebirth and Blackest Night).
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Valtot

isnt barry going to be parallax?
Afterglow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Afterglow
@_Courage_ said:

" @Afterglow: Personally, I love Geoff Johns as a writer. Green Lantern:Rebirth and Flash:Rebirth have a special place in my heart. "

I agree. Barry Allen and Hal Jordan were my first favorites.  Sure pissed off a lot of Rayner and West fans though. @JediXMan said:

" @Afterglow:   I love his work. He was fantastic during his run on Green Lantern and 52. I just feel that he isn't great at depicting near-omnipotent characters (example: Rebirth and Blackest Night). "

I agree. 
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daak1212
@JediXMan said:
"Parallax has better feats. But Nekron is, supposedly, stronger than all of the emotional entities except for the Entity (the white one).   So in theory, Nekron should win."

Pretty much.   

Feats are great and all but when its there role to be strogner than something then its an automatic win.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By czarny_samael666

ZHP

anonymous38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By anonymous38

Parallax would probably win since he was written by the old writers who tried to make their villains insanely powerful.

recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By recordkeeper

tough battle, I think Blackest Night Nekron would pull it off though
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
Parallax.
I'll go with him. Hal could create a universe. 
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Freefa11
@JediXMan: I know these comments are 6 months old but what the hey (oh, and I haven't read BN yet, so I don't know much about modern Nekron, although the pre-crisis one took on all the Guardians and was winning): 

To be fair to Hal/Parallax, during Zero Hour he was amped with the full power of the Central Power Battery and, I believe, the power of all the Guardians (minus Ganthet). This should provide him with a pretty hefty power boost beyond what the space bug normally has. 

And to be fair to Geoff Johns, not much of anybody is that great at depicting omnipotence (at least, not in my experience; although I haven't seen this bit with Sinestro, so I don't know if it is abnormally inadequate, even by comic standards). Really, most people aren't even good with dealing with infinity in any aspect, because most people's first inclination is to try and treat it like a number that's just "really, really big," when it's really not a number at all, and certain common sense ideas about numbers go out the window if you actually try using it that way. Plus, claiming to be "all-powerful" is actually pretty common in comic books, even when a character clearly isn't.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Freefa11

Wow. Love when a post I made a long time ago is quoted (no sarcasm; kinda cool)

Parallax is still supposed to be a powerful reality warper. Based on feats, Ion and Parallax are the strongest. But the White Entity was supposed to be the beginning of all things, which included the other Entities. And yes, it's true that claiming omnipotence is a popular cliche, but it seemed different here. He said he could see everything. 

Also, I'd say that Infinity Gauntlet and the Sandman series showed near-omnipotence rather well. Rather interesting look at it.
eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eisjfiejss

parallax.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eatmore_payless

ZH Parallax had better feats.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeanroygrant

@eatmore_payless said:

ZH Parallax had better feats.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

Again with the whole Nekron thing. What has Nekron done WITHOUT PREP to put him at such a level?

People, stop bumping Nekron up. He had to Capture a very damaged Anti-Monitor, create a black lantern corps and have those lanterns power up his corps even further for the events of blackest night to happen.

IT TOOK TREMENDOUS PREP FOR THIS GUYS!

Otherwise, Nekron hasn't shown any feat to put him at a universal level threat all by himself.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By czarny_samael666
@SlimJ87D said:

Again with the whole Nekron thing. What has Nekron done WITHOUT PREP to put him at such a level?

People, stop bumping Nekron up. He had to Capture a very damaged Anti-Monitor, create a black lantern corps and have those lanterns power up his corps even further for the events of blackest night to happen.

IT TOOK TREMENDOUS PREP FOR THIS GUYS!

Otherwise, Nekron hasn't shown any feat to put him at a universal level threat all by himself.

I am closer and closer to think that he is Hell-Lord level who just can't die.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

@czarny_samael666: Yeah, he serves a importance to the Universe and balances things out that way so he can't die but he's not that powerful. Not nearly as powerful as the whole green lantern corps, the guardians and parallax put together.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lol

Hal

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nekron

ThanoswithIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZH parallax easily . Any one below Antimonitor or COIE spectres level gets blinked out of the existence .

cosmoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cosmoman

ZH Parallax was recreating the Multiverse and was destroying universes with unnerving ease. He wins no question. Still:

• Nekron gave Krona enough power to collapse the Universe into the "Primal atom". Did 1/6 of the universe already:
No Caption Provided
  • In another Era, he fought Captain Atom who was tapping into the entire universe just to match him properly:
No Caption Provided
  • Another Era: Was going to kill Volthoom, who had enough energy in him to effect the universe due to killing the will of it. Also hurt the life entity, which is the universe itself:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33 TifaLockhart  Online

If JLAvengers is anything to go by, Nekron might be able to win here. Maybe, maybe not. I’m not too terribly versed.