No Caption Provided

Zeus (Marvel)
vs 
Ares (DC) 

Rules:  
Winner by Death/KO 
No BFR 
No Outside Assitance 

DC's Greek god of death and conflict enters Olympus , and dispatches most of the threats and many other gods as he arrives. Zeus arrives to put a stop to the strange new upstart claiming to be Ares 

Who wins?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
this would be an interesting fight... I actually think Ares of the DC Universe defeat Zeus of the Marvel Universe in a close battle... 
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By termiteone4ever

DC ares is a freak

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By capall2
@King Saturn said:
"this would be an interesting fight... I actually think Ares of the DC Universe defeat Zeus of the Marvel Universe in a close battle...  "

in all honesty without PIS i'm thinking the same, I don't see how Zeus can negate are's reality warping powers...
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By goldenshot80

This is hard...though i still say Zeus

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By buttersdaman000

DC Gods are generally more 'Godly' than Marvel Gods.

Ares, might take this but Zeus is a beast on par with Odin. Does Ares have the same destructive capabilities as Zeus and Odin?

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valtot
@buttersdaman000:

does zeus? i mean ive seen some of zeus feats but there not as good as odins but thats probalby because ive only seen them outside of the classic age so they dont seem as good. But zeus and odin even if equal dont have the same powers so what destrucive capabilities has zeus shown.
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By mrtrickster

without godwave zeus wins this fight

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@mrtrickster said:
" without godwave zeus wins this fight "
Hm, are you sure about that? Wasn't Ares a match for Highfather? 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Valtot: 
Im pretty sure since Zeus is said to have powers similar to Odin
Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jazzitup
@buttersdaman000:
Marvel gods have more showings. Only dc Ares is more powerful than marvel Ares.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By MrDirector786
@OmegaDynasty said:
" @mrtrickster said:
" without godwave zeus wins this fight "
Hm, are you sure about that? Wasn't Ares a match for Highfather? 

No Caption Provided
"
From what I've heard, since they were fighting inside of the same body and were in the source, it evened out any power difference that might have been there otherwise Izaya would probably have beaten him.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MrDirector786
@buttersdaman000 said:
" DC Gods are generally more 'Godly' than Marvel Gods.  Ares, might take this but Zeus is a beast on par with Odin. Does Ares have the same destructive capabilities as Zeus and Odin? "
Destructive capability alone doesn't determine the winner of a battle.
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Stronger

Ares ftw.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh never saw this thread before.

Going with Ares, despite the fact that Marvel keeps claiming, from various character that Odin = Zeus, despite the latter having absolutely no feats to match those of Odin.

Ares has better feats, to me that should give him the victory.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Going with Ares, despite the fact that Marvel keeps claiming, from various character that Odin = Zeus, despite the latter having absolutely no feats to match those of Odin.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@buttersdaman000: I don't think he really ahs any feats to put him on level with Odin, except the (incredibly vague) argument in the Infinite Embassy

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigcimmerian

And those feats of Ares are?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By New_World_Order

Well if Marvel writers keep saying that, than should it not be true? It's not like it's been said once but numerous amounts of times. So that should hold significant value. Feats don't mean everything.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if Marvel writers keep saying that, than should it not be true? It's not like it's been said once but numerous amounts of times. So that should hold significant value. Feats don't mean everything.

Had there been nothing to contradict that then i suppose it would be true, but there is. Thor held his own against Zeus for a whole month. We have Avengers holding their own against Zeus as well. Or how he needed Thor's help to stop Loki from taking over Olympus (thats beyond classic era though, its from Venus series in 1939), struggling to beat Zuras, pwned by a no named titan with a spear.

There is a lot to contradict that, and equality likely is based on them being head of their own pantheon.

Few among the top of myhead:

1. Stomping Wonder Woman

2. Killing Highfather

3. Beat Hades and taking over Hell

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MonsterStomp

I underestimated Ares then. Need a respect thread with him. Was completely confused when they put him in Injustice.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

Had there been nothing to contradict that then i suppose it would be true, but there is. Thor held his own against Zeus for a whole month. We have Avengers holding their own against Zeus as well. Or how he needed Thor's help to stop Loki from taking over Olympus (thats beyond classic era though, its from Venus series in 1939), struggling to beat Zuras, pwned by a no named titan with a spear.

There is a lot to contradict that, and equality likely is based on them being head of their own pantheon.

@bigcimmerian said:

1. Stomping Wonder Woman

2. Killing Highfather

Those feats are not that great lol.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those feats are not that great lol.

As compared to Odin, not really, as compared to Zeus its better than feats he has performed.

What could you show me from Zeus thats better than Ares killing Highfathers or Ares killing Hades in Hell and taking over hell?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

@bigcimmerian said:

1. Stomping Wonder Woman

2. Killing Highfather

I guess.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To hard to think about

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the era.

N52 era Ares didn't do much. However the Olympians all seem drastically weaker. Must be because of no God Wave existing here.

Post C era Ares had more showings and was generally a threat when he felt like it. However his power wasn't the same as

Pre C era Ares. Which was the definitive era of the god wave from which all immortals "gods" were derived, and all secondary species and natural powers came from. This guy himself, no amp, was a reality warper.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If i'm not mistaken Zues beat WWH Hulk in a freaking fist fight. Not just beat, but completely curb stomped him. Take that and the fact that he is claimed by Marvel themselves that he was equal in power with Odin. Him fighting Thor for a month isn't a “bad feat”. Thor is Mighty, but no, not Skyfather level but Zues was holding back in that fight, which is why Thor lasted so long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fub said:

If i'm not mistaken Zues beat WWH Hulk in a freaking fist fight. Not just beat, but completely curb stomped him. Take that and the fact that he is claimed by Marvel themselves that he was equal in power with Odin. Him fighting Thor for a month isn't a “bad feat”. Thor is Mighty, but no, not Skyfather level but Zues was holding back in that fight, which is why Thor lasted so long.

That wasn't World Breaker Hulk or World War Hulk...

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Ares have some feats I'm not aware about? I can't just imagine him on Zeus' level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Ares have some feats I'm not aware about? I can't just imagine him on Zeus' level.

Ares is above Marvel's Zeus....beisdes being a God of War and Death,he's a reality warper

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm quite a few of you are saying Ares but if Zues is said to be equal to Odin, he should be able to deliver 1 galaxy busting attack to his face and be done with it...

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm quite a few of you are saying Ares but if Zues is said to be equal to Odin, he should be able to deliver 1 galaxy busting attack to his face and be done with it...

Statements mean nothing. When statements can be matched-up with scans, then they become something. As it stands, evidence is key when making claims. Zeus has little to say he can hang with Odin, or even Ares, for that matter. One thing you need to know about Ares, is that he has this cool little power that allows him to absorb the essences that create War, Fighting, Hatred, etc., which enhances him further. So, the longer Zeus combats him, the stronger/more powerful Ares is.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: But wasn't Zues said to be Odin's equal by Marvel themselves?

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares stomps, badly. As said previously, the guy is a reality warper. And a good one at that.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: But wasn't Zues said to be Odin's equal by Marvel themselves?

Well, like I said... statements mean nothing without evidence. Simply in a panel doesn't necessarily make it so. Had we seen Zeus battle Odin and they stalemated, that's a different story. So no... Zeus is not Odin's equal.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: We can't put our words above the writers. If they say Zues is Odin's equal then he's his equal.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Ares

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares is seriously powerful, but not on Odins level by far, and zeus is supposedly on Odins level

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By king_majestros

@flakeking said:

@king_majestros: We can't put our words above the writers. If they say Zues is Odin's equal then he's his equal.

Yes we can, especially when they invoke PIS (Plot-Induced Stupidity) and WIS (Writer-Induced Stupidity) in their work, which contradicts what has previously been established. And no, Zeus is NOT Odin's equal as there is no evidence to support that claim. Once again, statements don't equate to facts. It's imperative for you to understand and accept this concept.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: I understand the PIS and WIS thing. But in this case it has nothing to do with that. The writers said Zues is Odin's equal. We cannot ignore statements in times like this.

KeyboardThug9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flakeking: Yes we can. Zeus doesn't have the feats.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By king_majestros

@flakeking said:

@king_majestros: I understand the PIS and WIS thing. But in this case it has nothing to do with that. The writers said Zues is Odin's equal. We cannot ignore statements in times like this.

Unfortunately for you, that is not how things work on ComicVine. You're wrong. We do not take statements as inherently factual because statements change from writer to writer. We do not take statements as fact as they are not accompanied by scans that prove said statement to be true. As it stands, Zeus is not equal Odin in any way, shape or form, because evidence is lacking. Now, it's apparent that what I'm saying is going over your head and you're deliberately ignoring it due to reason of bias, or you're trolling, and that's okay.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FlakeKing

@king_majestros: The writers said he is equal to Odin. I'm not going to try and convince you other wise, you're free to believe what you want lol. But Zues is equal to Odin.

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: The writers said he is equal to Odin. I'm not going to try and convince you other wise, you're free to believe what you want lol. But Zues is equal to Odin.

I've realized you're trolling. Good job.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers