This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BigCimmerian (10051 posts) - - Show Bio

- Current Marvel Zeus, Thor has Odin Force

- Bloodlusted, battle is on Earth

- Who wins and why?

VS

#2 Posted by HumanNumber (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with Odin Force.

#3 Posted by Park (2987 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor went toe-to-toe with Zeus a long time ago without the Odin Force (It was in an Avengers comic)

With the Odin Force I think Thor would clean house.

#4 Posted by SirMethos (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus is a regular Skyfather, the most powerful one, but a regular Skyfather nonetheless.

Odinforce = x3 Skyfather. The combined power of Odin and his 2 brothers. Thor wins(though Zeus' experience might be able to make Thor work for it).

#5 Posted by TAneT62 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Zues.

#6 Posted by Killemall (18746 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

Zeus is a regular Skyfather, the most powerful one, but a regular Skyfather nonetheless.

Odinforce = x3 Skyfather. The combined power of Odin and his 2 brothers. Thor wins(though Zeus' experience might be able to make Thor work for it).

Wait What??????????????????????

Odin Force is the life force of a skyfather, and as such less powerful than the skyfather himself. Zeus and Odin have been stated to be equal in powers, Odin has better feats though.

that being said Odin Force Thor's feat are no where close to putting him in leagues with skyfathers.

@TAneT62 said:

Zues.

this

#7 Posted by Wizardboy (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins

#8 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12348 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#9 Posted by SirMethos (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: The OdinForce is the actual 'skyfather' power of Odin, without the OdinForce, Odin is merely a powerful Asgardian. The OdinForce is made up of the combined power of Odin and his two brothers, Vili and Ve.

Zeus is not quite that powerful. Zeus is more powerful than his own two brothers(pluto and neptune), but if the two put their powers together, they could overpower him.

Zeus is only Odin's equal, in that they are both Skyfathers and thus rulers of their respective Pantheons. Not in terms of actual power.

#10 Posted by deadpoolwins:) (135 posts) - - Show Bio

first off if his name is zeus and not jupiter, then his brothers names would be posiden and hades not pluto and neptune.

second zues and odin have been shown to be about equals with odin showing slightly better feats.

third thor has shown (in fear itself :/ ) that he can accomplish that which his father could not, and without odin force.

overall its a toss up, but i would give it to thor, mainly because zeus's power changes depending on how many individuals worship him at the time(not many people still worship him)

#11 Posted by SirMethos (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolwins:): While you would, in mythology, be right about the names. In Marvel, his name is Zeus, and his two brothers are Pluto and Neptune.

#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9578 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Zeus. 

#13 Posted by pooty (13000 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolwins:): third thor has shown (in fear itself :/ ) that he can accomplish that which his father could not, and without odin force

What did Thor accomplish that Odin could not? If you are talking about defeating the Serpent, Odin was not allowed too. Odin said there were dire consequences for killing a sibling. That's why Thor was banished for killing Loki. So it wasn't that Odin didn't have the power. Odin knew he would be screwed if he did.

#14 Posted by deadpoolwins:) (135 posts) - - Show Bio

odin allowed his father too die, plus thor has been banished for killing both bro and loki, but somehow he is still in asgard. plus odin was planning on killing the serpant by destroying the earth itself.

#15 Posted by Killemall (18746 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

@Killemall: The OdinForce is the actual 'skyfather' power of Odin, without the OdinForce, Odin is merely a powerful Asgardian. The OdinForce is made up of the combined power of Odin and his two brothers, Vili and Ve.

Zeus is not quite that powerful. Zeus is more powerful than his own two brothers(pluto and neptune), but if the two put their powers together, they could overpower him.

Zeus is only Odin's equal, in that they are both Skyfathers and thus rulers of their respective Pantheons. Not in terms of actual power.

Odin Force is the force that makes Odin an skyfather, and Thor has had odin force in the past. He has never even looked remotely as powerful as a skyfather, let alone more powerful.

Also what makes you think the power that makes an asgardian "WARRIOR" a skyfather is more powerful than a total powerful of a skyfather.

Zeus has been stated many times to be Odin equal, Odin himself has admitted that Zeus is his equal. Zeus also has feats to put him up there, i.e. fighting the avengers without a scratch, KOing hulk with a punch something Odin Force Thor failed to do, beating both Odin Force Thor and Hercules together EASILY.

So no Odin Force isnt more powerful than the total power of Zeus, neither is Odin Force Thor even close to being a true skyfather.

#16 Posted by Killemall (18746 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

@deadpoolwins:): While you would, in mythology, be right about the names. In Marvel, his name is Zeus, and his two brothers are Pluto and Neptune.

I dont see why what deadpoolwins said is incorrect, his brother are Hades, Poisioden and Demetry (dont know how to spell both of them). Not saying Pluto and Neptune doesnt exist, i have seen them talk as brother, although i dont know much about them. Its possible they are his brothers too.

#17 Posted by terry2012 (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: I just made a new battle thread check it out. It isup right now

#18 Posted by war of light_2814 (903 posts) - - Show Bio

Poseidon and Hades are Zeus's brother- Hera(who's also his wife),Demeter and Hestia are his sisters Pluto and Neptune are roman names of Hades and Poseidon respectively ,but for some reason marvel called them Pluto and Neptune despite the fact that they use greeks name for Zeus(whose roman name is Jupiter).

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Going with Zeus.
#20 Posted by iamthewolf88 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins.

#22 Posted by LockOmally (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@SirMethos said:

@Killemall: The OdinForce is the actual 'skyfather' power of Odin, without the OdinForce, Odin is merely a powerful Asgardian. The OdinForce is made up of the combined power of Odin and his two brothers, Vili and Ve.

Zeus is not quite that powerful. Zeus is more powerful than his own two brothers(pluto and neptune), but if the two put their powers together, they could overpower him.

Zeus is only Odin's equal, in that they are both Skyfathers and thus rulers of their respective Pantheons. Not in terms of actual power.

Odin Force is the force that makes Odin an skyfather, and Thor has had odin force in the past. He has never even looked remotely as powerful as a skyfather, let alone more powerful.

Also what makes you think the power that makes an asgardian "WARRIOR" a skyfather is more powerful than a total powerful of a skyfather.

Zeus has been stated many times to be Odin equal, Odin himself has admitted that Zeus is his equal. Zeus also has feats to put him up there, i.e. fighting the avengers without a scratch, KOing hulk with a punch something Odin Force Thor failed to do, beating both Odin Force Thor and Hercules together EASILY.

So no Odin Force isnt more powerful than the total power of Zeus, neither is Odin Force Thor even close to being a true skyfather.

This

1000x this...

@SirMethos said:Zeus is not quite that powerful.

Honestly when I read this it made me cringe

#23 Posted by SirMethos (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Since you seem insistent on your claim that Zeus is equal to Odin in terms of raw power, I suppose you have some feats from Zeus, that can equal some of the higher end feats from Odin? Personally I don't remember Zeus doing anything even close to galaxy busting, but my memory is not perfect, so I am willing to be convinced.

As for this "I dont see why what deadpoolwins said is incorrect, his brother are Hades, Poisioden and Demetry (dont know how to spell both of them). Not saying Pluto and Neptune doesnt exist, i have seen them talk as brother, although i dont know much about them. Its possible they are his brothers too.".

To repeat myself, in Marvel, Zeus' brothers are not named Hades and Poseidon, they are named Pluto and Neptune. That is why, as I said, deadpoolwins was incorrect in his statement(at least partially, since he would be correct about the mythological versions).

If you notice, Hercules also uses the roman name(the original greek name is Herakles or Heracles).

#24 Posted by HolySerpent (13227 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus stomps he's a reality Warper

#25 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (4792 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

@Killemall: Since you seem insistent on your claim that Zeus is equal to Odin in terms of raw power, I suppose you have some feats from Zeus, that can equal some of the higher end feats from Odin? Personally I don't remember Zeus doing anything even close to galaxy busting, but my memory is not perfect, so I am willing to be convinced.

As for this "I dont see why what deadpoolwins said is incorrect, his brother are Hades, Poisioden and Demetry (dont know how to spell both of them). Not saying Pluto and Neptune doesnt exist, i have seen them talk as brother, although i dont know much about them. Its possible they are his brothers too.".

To repeat myself, in Marvel, Zeus' brothers are not named Hades and Poseidon, they are named Pluto and Neptune. That is why, as I said, deadpoolwins was incorrect in his statement(at least partially, since he would be correct about the mythological versions).

If you notice, Hercules also uses the roman name(the original greek name is Herakles or Heracles).

The Greeks and the Roman gods are the same beings in Marvel. Some of them kept using the last names they had before they left Earth, and I don't blame them. The Greeks did worship Poseidon as the prime god of the sea and oceans, but the Romans worshiped him as a being on par with Zeus/Jupiter, Atlantis also worshiped him as Neptune it makes sense he still goes by the name. The Greeks rarely worshiped or mentioned Hades, and Marvel Pluto said he preferred the Romans over the Greeks, but liked his original name better, because of the Disney character Pluto being a dumb dog. Zeus would still go by Zeus because the Romans worshiped his brothers as equals unlike the Greeks, and it was the Romans turning to Christianity that influenced Zeus to leave Earth alone as they were no longer being worshiped, except Atlantis still worshiped Neptune. Pluto became very important to Eleusinian Mystery cults, the Greeks simply feared and avoided him as Hades and everybody (even Christians) started to use his name Hades to describe his realm and not him anymore. So they are all brothers because they are all the same three gods with different names.

#26 Posted by Killemall (18746 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

@Killemall: Since you seem insistent on your claim that Zeus is equal to Odin in terms of raw power, I suppose you have some feats from Zeus, that can equal some of the higher end feats from Odin? Personally I don't remember Zeus doing anything even close to galaxy busting, but my memory is not perfect, so I am willing to be convinced.

To repeat myself, in Marvel, Zeus' brothers are not named Hades and Poseidon, they are named Pluto and Neptune. That is why, as I said, deadpoolwins was incorrect in his statement(at least partially, since he would be correct about the mythological versions).

If you notice, Hercules also uses the roman name(the original greek name is Herakles or Heracles).

I commented once, dont know why my last comment didnt show up, lets try again apolgoies if you get two messages in PM.

Firstly its not something "I" claim its something marvel has stated on panel , something Odin has acknoweledged and as such we believe it unless there is evidence to prove the contrary. We would have gladly admitted hulk is the strongest there is had there not been instances that proves otherwise. So i ask you is there any instance that proves Odin being more powerful than Zeus? By Odin's own admission they are equal, along with Vishnu the other skyfather.

I dont know why people keep going on about his galaxy busting feat, that is iffy at best but it does show he has extremely powerful attacks.

Like i said previsously the name Hades and Poseidon have also been used. The name are used more interchangeably, specially Hades is used more often than Pluto. Therefore i dont see why he is wrong in saying Hades and Poseidon are his brothers because both name have been used in Marvel.

The reason they use Hercules, and its done in both marvel and DC, is because that the name he is better known as. Someone who's never read a comics would most probably know who Hercules is, Herakles is not that common. That is why even in Dc, where he has been confired to be a greek god, gets called Hercules more often than Herakles.

#27 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus.