• 126 results
#1 Posted by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Win by death or KO
  • Marvel Zeus
  • Takes place on Earth.

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version of Darkseid? That decides the battle in my opinion.

Marvel really needs to stray away from the Norse Gods, and move towards the Olympians for a a while.

#3 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus ftw,,sky father fists!!

#4 Edited by aquaman01 (1433 posts) - - Show Bio

I have only seen Zeus beating Hulk. Can anyone post more feats of his?

#5 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus is definitely a powerhouse, but it looked like Hulk was tossing him around before Zeus started using his lightning attacks. So I think Darkseid can hang with Zeus in a fistfight.

Now if we are talking Darkseid at his maximum power, then I see him defeating Zeus via telepathy. Zeus has nothing to counter or match Darkseid's feats where he takes control over 3 billion minds.

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Zeus.

#7 Posted by crabtree (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus beat a Hulk who was trying to lose. On the other hand, Zeus was hit by a Hulk while he wasn't ready, but it does show that Hulk's level of strength certainly surpasses Zeus's durability.

Throwing a mountain and having a good fight with the Avengers is what comes to mind immediately.

#9 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

This version of Ds loses.

#10 Edited by eternityx (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus easily.

#11 Posted by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel really needs to stray away from the Norse Gods, and move towards the Olympians for a a while.

I totally agree with this.

#12 Posted by XxGin (1362 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Darkseid gets stomped.

PC Darkseid wins.

#13 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Any version of Darkseid wins.

#14 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

PC Darkseid and New 52 win pre 52 was to much of a jobber

#15 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-C Pre-Flashpoint Darkseid had one low showing and that was losing to Superman in an intense battle that destroyed the asteroid they were fighting on. He actually outperformed Pre-C non GDS Darkseid.

It isn't like Zeus hasn't suffered his share of embarrassments and he doesn't have the feats Darkseid does.

#16 Posted by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

To be fair, the Olympians get lots of attention in the real world, you see them in films quite a lot, whereas the Norse gods only get any attention because of Marvel.

#17 Posted by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins.

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze said:

@thundergodswrath said:

To be fair, the Olympians get lots of attention in the real world, you see them in films quite a lot, whereas the Norse gods only get any attention because of Marvel.

Yeah.

#19 Edited by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkman123: You mean like Clash of the Titans? Lol... no thanks.

#20 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkman123: You mean like Clash of the Titans? Lol... no thanks.

I think he's meaning quantity over quality lol. I mean you have Clash of the Titans, Hercules(disney), Hercules(new movie 2014), Immortals, plus a lot more on top of that.

#21 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Experio (16023 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus is suppose to be on Odin's level when it comes to power, but his never shown to be on that caliber.

#23 Edited by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

@hulkman123: How Darkseids omega beams erase him

You mean the Jobber beams that never work?

#24 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkman123: The pic posted is that of the New 52 Darkseid which his omega beams destroy planets and the fortress of solitude from space so.....

#25 Posted by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

@hulkman123: The pic posted is that of the New 52 Darkseid which his omega beams destroy planets and the fortress of solitude from space so.....

So? Nothing Zeus couldn't replicate. Even Thor can destroy planets. What you've said puts him at around SS level.

#26 Edited by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkman123: not even close as new 52 Darkseid can rip holes in reality to travel to different universes with his hands, has killed all the gods of his universe that controlled they very fabric of it, Killed one of the gods with his omega beams, has killed dozens of supermen, and other heroes etc, and survived planetary destruction plus it was a moon not a planet.

#27 Posted by dondave (37436 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

Zeus is suppose to be on Odin's level when it comes to power, but his never shown on to on that caliber.

#28 Posted by Erkan12 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins.

#29 Posted by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

@hulkman123: not even close as new 52 Darkseid can rip holes in reality to travel to different universes with his hands, has killed all the gods of his universe that controlled they very fabric of it, Killed one of the gods with his omega beams, has killed dozens of supermen, and other heroes etc, and survived planetary destruction plus it was a moon not a planet.

He killed featless gods and didn't he have trouble with the JLA?

#30 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkman123: He wasn't trying as he was more looking for his daughter so he didn't destroy the planet with his omega beams. Also they weren't exactly feat less as there very death could destroy a universe but Darkseid absorbed it and they could control all reality in that universe that's why Darkseid killed them cause they were oppressive ask @blazinghell

#31 Edited by Freefa11 (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: DS didn't kill all the gods of his universe, he just killed the gods of his world, of which there were only a few. He also didn't do that until after they had already fought amongst themselves to the point that they were exhausted and helpless. We also really have no good indication of how well these gods would match up against other gods, or even if DS stole all of their full potential, or just whatever was left at that point.

He also doesn't rip open holes in space himself; Kaiyo is the one that initially opens them, DS was only shown to be able to keep them from closing.

#32 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11: that's still impressive even if it's just the gods of his world doesn't mwtter if it's a weakend god or not a weakended god still should have been able to swat DS away @blazinghell knows the full story and how good is Zeus durability cause I don't see him surviving DS omega beams

#33 Edited by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

I read several times that the main difference between Norse gods and Greek ones was that the Norse gods aged very slowly until they died of old age, whereas the Greek gods never aged after adulthood, so they are technically immortal until someone kills them.

#34 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkman123: if by "trouble" you mean owned them until they teleported him away

#35 Posted by RetconCrisis (3855 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus probably

#36 Edited by Killemall (18573 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

@freefa11: that's still impressive even if it's just the gods of his world doesn't mwtter if it's a weakend god or not a weakended god still should have been able to swat DS away @blazinghell knows the full story and how good is Zeus durability cause I don't see him surviving DS omega beams

Blazing, Feefa11 and me , we have all read the same story, and no i dont agree with how yours or his interpretation for the matter. Dont know why people tend to normally over-blow Darkseid feats but meh!

There really is nothing to indicate the gods being anywhere close to as powerful as a genuine skyfather class beings.

Heck Posiedon, Zeus inferior has gone up against Elder Gods, and if you go purely by statements about old gods Elder Gods have much higher hyperboles anyways.

#37 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

Blazing, Feefa11 and me , we have all read the same story, and no i dont agree with how yours or his interpretation for the matter. Dont know why people tend to normally over-blow Darkseid feats but meh!

There really is nothing to indicate the gods being anywhere close to as powerful as a genuine skyfather class beings.

Heck Posiedon, Zeus inferior has gone up against Elder Gods, and if you go purely by statements about old gods Elder Gods have much higher hyperboles anyways.

Hey man, you are an intelligent guy and know your comics well, but Darkseid has the higher threat potential. It seems everytime I show a scan of Darkseid someone swings by to debunk it or say he is amped. That's cool, I guess Darkseid was hallucinating when he controlled 3 billion minds on two separate instances. Sorry but I'm not sticking to scans of Darkseid falling down the steps. Basically, Darkseid with a good showing can easily dispatch Marvel's Zeus. Heck, if Hulk can knock Zeus around then Darkseid can do a lot worse to him...one blast of the Omega Effect and Darkseid will be ruling the Greek Pantheon.

#38 Edited by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@baltoro: this also kill I agree with you that was just my original opinion but still DS wins this thanks to his omega beams

#39 Edited by Killemall (18573 posts) - - Show Bio

@baltoro said:

Hey man, you are an intelligent guy and know your comics well, but Darkseid has the higher threat potential.

Thanks, and assuming you are talking about prep sure he probably does.

Without it, i am honestly not sold.

If the instances you posted are actually of Darkseid being amped i would assume that would be the case.

They are not 2 seperate instances but rather 1 instance, and its pre-crisis, from the story arc The Great Darkness Saga. So its not even the same version we are talking about here.

A story that takes 1000 years in the future and a story where Darkseid has plenty of external amp.

Darkseid first absorbs the Orb of Orthanax

Free Mordru from his prison and absorbs his powers.

Thats just 2 of the said amps, there are plenty of other amps he collects throughout the story , including the power of mystics from a whole planet, Excalibur, power of Time Trapper (later retconned into being the controller) etc.

Once you take away the amp Darkseid ability to replicate the said feat is questionable, specially given its well established before that arc that even pre-crisis Darkseid doesnt have anything other than rudamentary telepathy.

I certainly didnt make any reference to the instance here though.

But if you wanna draw a whole conclusion from an altogether different version of Darkseid with several amps, then not much i can say in that regards.

Good showings like?

I will be honest Marvel's Zeus is actually rather featless, although he one shotted a giant , said to be the most powerful Dark Elf, who was meant to be powerful enough to fight both Thor and Hercules together, as a child with limited powers.

His powers are often seen through scaling, like comparing with another skyfather say Odin, or perhaps looking at his subordinates, like Neptune or Hades.

That seems like a very bias interpretation, how about i say if Superman can knock Darkseid around (even outright beat him) Zeus would do a lot worse to him.

Zeus took on the whole Avengers and was only held back by Hercules return, or he was gonna kill them all. Thats pretty different from what you are suggesting.

His Omega Beam's showing go up and down. Superman has tanked it, so has Doomsday, so has Orion, so has Mary Marvel, so has an amped up Jimmy Olsen and even in pre crisis, Firestorm has bene able to turn the OB back to Darkseid, and Superboy tanked it too, although he was BFRed .

If there is reasonable justification on OB being able to defeat Zeus, i am with you, certainly till this point i havent seen one.

#40 Posted by KingAres109 (1260 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: You really don't like Darkseid high??I guess you don't like the guy who's your fave character based on....Damn!!

#41 Edited by Killemall (18573 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: You really don't like Darkseid high??I guess you don't like the guy who's your fave character based on....Damn!!

Its not that i dislike Darkseid, i think he is rather interesting, i, however, have always been a bigger fan of Thanos, not because he was created in Darkseid image, but rather what Jim Starlin did with him. He was just a normal space tyrant when he started, he went on to be a very complex character which is what i enjoy.

#42 Posted by KingAres109 (1260 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well I have often seen you post in most Darkseid and Thanos threads..You really go in on Darkseid and down play him a lot...

#43 Edited by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@baltoro said:

Hey man, you are an intelligent guy and know your comics well, but Darkseid has the higher threat potential.

Thanks, and assuming you are talking about prep sure he probably does.

Without it, i am honestly not sold.

If the instances you posted are actually of Darkseid being amped i would assume that would be the case.

They are not 2 seperate instances but rather 1 instance, and its pre-crisis, from the story arc The Great Darkness Saga. So its not even the same version we are talking about here.

A story that takes 1000 years in the future and a story where Darkseid has plenty of external amp.

Darkseid first absorbs the Orb of Orthanax

Free Mordru from his prison and absorbs his powers.

Thats just 2 of the said amps, there are plenty of other amps he collects throughout the story , including the power of mystics from a whole planet, Excalibur, power of Time Trapper (later retconned into being the controller) etc.

Once you take away the amp Darkseid ability to replicate the said feat is questionable, specially given its well established before that arc that even pre-crisis Darkseid doesnt have anything other than rudamentary telepathy.

I certainly didnt make any reference to the instance here though.

But if you wanna draw a whole conclusion from an altogether different version of Darkseid with several amps, then not much i can say in that regards.

Well, he definitely had to build himself up to pull off that feat...you are correct there. However, amp is such a dirty word sometimes, it implies that Darkseid is being helped by outside forces (like how Galactus amps up a herald...). Darkseid used his powers of absorption to acquire that...what's to stop him from absorbing Zeus's magical thunder powers in this fight? Not that he needs to since he has Omega Beams.

@killemall said:

Good showings like?

I will be honest Marvel's Zeus is actually rather featless, although he one shotted a giant , said to be the most powerful Dark Elf, who was meant to be powerful enough to fight both Thor and Hercules together, as a child with limited powers.

His powers are often seen through scaling, like comparing with another skyfather say Odin, or perhaps looking at his subordinates, like Neptune or Hades.

A good showing like this one:

Darkseid opens his eyes and Zeus gets blasted off the planet into a binary star. Anyway, even a weaker post-crisis version of Darkseid or new 52 should take Zeus since you admit this skyfather is featless...he can't tank the Omega Beams unless you powerscale him. I've never seen Zeus show any sort of equivalency to Odin in the comics.

#45 Edited by sophia89 (3821 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

quick question,when u said posiedon went against an elder god did u mean his fight against SET because he only fought a tiny piece of him before the real SET came into this dimension,kinda how mighty avengers beat shuma gorath in infinity.

#46 Edited by sophia89 (3821 posts) - - Show Bio

anyways zues stomps.

#47 Edited by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@db14 said:

Seriously?

Darkseid vs a fucking Skyfather, who is on par with Odin?

And people actually say that even New 52 DS wins?

This is SPITE.

Zeus has no feats putting him on Odin's level. Hulk has rocked him with physical attacks...I just don't seeing him dodging or blocking an Omega Beam since he got pummeled by a bruiser like Hulk.

#48 Edited by Dextersinister (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@kingares109 said:

Its not that i dislike Darkseid, i think he is rather interesting, i, however, have always been a bigger fan of Thanos, not because he was created in Darkseid image, but rather what Jim Starlin did with him. He was just a normal space tyrant when he started, he went on to be a very complex character which is what i enjoy.

Isn't his driving motivation to bump uglies with Death?

She's a real butterface