Zeus(GOD of War) VS Shao Khan (Mortal Kombat)

• 93 results
Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shou Kahn wins here.

Shou Kahn.

Shou

Shou

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Fallingcliffs

On my smartphone so bear.

+NickHero22-No, youre wrong the orbs aren't key to how kahn takes over worlds, besides your own point makes no sense as you say it was retconned then say mkdeception konquest mode shows orbs, if its retconned than that makes no sense as some things changed. For example the kamidogu appears that onaga never got it, kotal kahn has it as the leaked comic information states. You dont know what youre talking about, been misinformed.

You misunderstood me, I said kahn killed anyone who stood in his way it just happened to be raiden and kahn the last two standing and he beat raiden due to power boost from blaze.

The armies as someone else stated are but minions for kahn due to fear of his power to make his life easier. The guy is a warlord. As for mk3 being canon, it is as mk9 showed the same thing but slightly differently. The only difference is originally kahn stole the souls from a portal, mk9 soulnados but either way he had possession of millions of souls. Some things were changed, others not either way mk3 and mk9 both lead to the same cliffhanger of mk4s canon timeline of shinnok and quan chis forces being hinted at. Which mkx will cover. And Liu Kang originally winning both MK 1 and MK2 which also remained unchanged.

I know what a retcon is, its when the past story is erased completely but mk9 isnt fully retconned its retold of mk1,2 & 3. From mka events now what you mentioned did change but lots didnt such as raiden not being effected by kahns power due to his status no doubt. Also, zues unlike raiden by status and rank isnt immortal nor a protector of earthrealm. Weve seen kratos kill him. Yet Kahn cant do such to raiden, not normally at least. Raiden also says to qc 'if i die you can have it' implying IF he does. Point is raidens origin cones from the heavens, the elder gods very different from zues. Besides I previously posted a video for you showing Ed Boon who is the commander in chief of the MK development team confirming himself "MK9 is a retelling" it's quoted from his own mouth. Did you not watch the video?

Cassie cage and kotal kahn exist in the distant future past even mk deception and mka mark, theyre there is debatable could have happened anyway. Cassie may be debatable but kotal kahn, d'vorah etc would have existed anyway as theyre in the future if outworld. The only difference is maybe they have a different rank. Mk team said we will see lots of characters and cameos.

You last post sounds more like your personal opinion than fact honestly, to start its more like you people just dont know much about mk what comes down to or you hate it. Getting that vibe. A God is a higher being, whats so supernatural about that? A ghost is, not a God. God is superhuman, not human.

Liu kang is not a normal human, you keep saying this thats been misinformed. This is WRONG flat out, hes a metahuman who beat kahn in fair kombat with fire abilities. A few others already explained this. In hand to hand lk would beat most in legit kombat, those topics i dont even see but would honestly depend on battle circumstances and versions.

Sounds to me youre like another user i encountered elsewhere guy named hal parallax GL who was going on about those not allowed to post who disagreed with him, the site to my understanding doesnt work like that.

There needs to be a rule where these kids should pass a test if the franchises characters being used. Liu kang is far from a normal human, not even close. Several users already explained this in the other topic. I read your posts from a few users who linked me on here, you apparently seem biased against mk and seem very misinformed regarding such. I read the topics, you come off as downgrading or seriously lowballing mk characters. Why bother? Just dont post, i was linked to the kahn vs bane topic you were literally the only person arguing on banes behalf, the topic was deleted due to mismatch in shao kahns favor its a bit obvious. I can only recommend you do better research on the MK mythos and come to a better understanding of MK characters. Cheers-FC

Avatar image for olaf_silvermane
Olaf_Silvermane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Olaf_Silvermane

I really do love the crap out of both of these characters, so this was a difficult call. Ultimately, however... My vote goes to Shao Kahn, the Conqueror of Realms. Unless this fight was a MK sanctioned bout, due to Shao Kahn trying to Merge Outworld with Olympus. In which case... The playing field is leveled via the Elder Gods and Zeus could defeat Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat... Could... Not would. 50/50. If Zeus has the Blade of Olympus it would help his chances tremendously.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@allanvdsouza said:

onilordasmodeus : Ok, ok, everyone here think that Zeus is so weak and lose to everyone, okay. -_-

I actually said this was a really good fight that could go either way...though I'd give Zeus the advantage. I did point out some ways that Kahn could win though, ways that I don't think anyone can dispute. If the rules were clearer I could give a more detailed answer.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@fallingcliffs: Man, don't even engage Nick. I didn't bother to read his whole post, but the part that I did read I already addressed in another thread a few days ago. He doesn't listen, nor does he even want to entertain any arguments given to him. He's a waste of time.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zeus stomps.

Shao Kahn is at Spider-Man level at best

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zues takes it!!!!

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs said:

@ermac_wins_via_fatality:@onilordasmodeus@neongamewave@xbleeding_edgexThese people seem to have covered it already I've noticed between this and apparent other Mortal Kombat topics. Yes from where I'm standing.

@nick_hero22: I don't agree. Not spreading misinformation at all. I've read this entire those other topics you refer to and you are wrong as far as can tell. The users in this topic who've argued on Kahn's behalf seem to know the MK mythos, Shao Kahn has lots of power and merges realms with his own it's called Outworld. Portal Orbs are only apart of the Konquest mode, they have no say concerning when someone invades or merges their realm. I don't see anyone feeling the same way as you do, perhaps you're new to the Mortal Kombat franchise?

Shao Kahn killed anyone who was left since he was the one who destroyed the one called Blaze, who is of vast power. I never said Shao Kahn killed everyone else, I said up to that point it was only Raiden and Shao Kahn left with Kahn being the one to canonically kill Blaze.

Shao Kahn's armies work for him yes but it's still his powers that grants him to be more powerful via soul draining, it's why the soulnados are used as we see Quan-Chi doing in the graveyard. We also see this done however in a different way in Mortal Kombat 3. Armies or himself though he can't merge the realms without abiding by the rules of the Elder Gods as we saw he paid with his life for doing such. Years ago Raiden pleaded to the Elder Gods to to give Earthrealm a chance to defend itself against Outworld hence why they must win 10 straight Mortal Kombat tournaments, they won 9 going into that point.

Loading Video...

It's not retconned it's merely altering some events and a retelling actually, as I believe one other user already stated. Watch this video, Mr. Ed Boon states @4:49 mark that the game is a retelling that is not retconned.

90% of what happened previously things still happened that existed in the original timeline except a few things namely people dying but still sets up the MK 4 mythos via Quan-Chi and Shinnok which ends the same way. He has taken large quantities of souls before MK9 and during MK 9, it really doesn't matter how. Shao Kahn is an Emperor and a god in his own right, there's also no proof that Shao Kahn can't take souls of Gods in MK. Why would you think this? The original timeline he defeated Raiden however via Blazes power amplifying his power and once he merged the two realms that automatically weaknes the Thunder God. Zeus is not a supernatural anything, he's a God and Father of Kratos who got killed by his own son. The Gods as stated earlier aren't that powerful in GOW series. This was established many times on this site from past GOW

not to mention the radical changes in Mortal Kombat X

mortal kombat x came out already?????

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Mortal Kombat X comic came out, the game comes out April 14th 2015

@onilordasmodeus: I hear ya. lol

Agreed, kahn wins here.

Avatar image for fist_of_ragnarok
Fist_of_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im gonna fanboy on this one, I got Shao Khan

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@fallingcliffs said:

@ermac_wins_via_fatality:@onilordasmodeus@neongamewave@xbleeding_edgexThese people seem to have covered it already I've noticed between this and apparent other Mortal Kombat topics. Yes from where I'm standing.

@nick_hero22: I don't agree. Not spreading misinformation at all. I've read this entire those other topics you refer to and you are wrong as far as can tell. The users in this topic who've argued on Kahn's behalf seem to know the MK mythos, Shao Kahn has lots of power and merges realms with his own it's called Outworld. Portal Orbs are only apart of the Konquest mode, they have no say concerning when someone invades or merges their realm. I don't see anyone feeling the same way as you do, perhaps you're new to the Mortal Kombat franchise?

Shao Kahn killed anyone who was left since he was the one who destroyed the one called Blaze, who is of vast power. I never said Shao Kahn killed everyone else, I said up to that point it was only Raiden and Shao Kahn left with Kahn being the one to canonically kill Blaze.

Shao Kahn's armies work for him yes but it's still his powers that grants him to be more powerful via soul draining, it's why the soulnados are used as we see Quan-Chi doing in the graveyard. We also see this done however in a different way in Mortal Kombat 3. Armies or himself though he can't merge the realms without abiding by the rules of the Elder Gods as we saw he paid with his life for doing such. Years ago Raiden pleaded to the Elder Gods to to give Earthrealm a chance to defend itself against Outworld hence why they must win 10 straight Mortal Kombat tournaments, they won 9 going into that point.

Loading Video...

It's not retconned it's merely altering some events and a retelling actually, as I believe one other user already stated. Watch this video, Mr. Ed Boon states @4:49 mark that the game is a retelling that is not retconned.

90% of what happened previously things still happened that existed in the original timeline except a few things namely people dying but still sets up the MK 4 mythos via Quan-Chi and Shinnok which ends the same way. He has taken large quantities of souls before MK9 and during MK 9, it really doesn't matter how. Shao Kahn is an Emperor and a god in his own right, there's also no proof that Shao Kahn can't take souls of Gods in MK. Why would you think this? The original timeline he defeated Raiden however via Blazes power amplifying his power and once he merged the two realms that automatically weaknes the Thunder God. Zeus is not a supernatural anything, he's a God and Father of Kratos who got killed by his own son. The Gods as stated earlier aren't that powerful in GOW series. This was established many times on this site from past GOW

not to mention the radical changes in Mortal Kombat X

mortal kombat x came out already?????

Mortal Kombat X takes a main detour from the previous storyline before Mortal Kombat 9

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a full detour though, a lot of the original canon still happens such as the MK 4/Netherealm war for example among other things.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: I wasn't trying to imply anything bro lol.... Was just wondering if it had already came out :)

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55 said:

@nick_hero22: I wasn't trying to imply anything bro lol.... Was just wondering if it had already came out :)

Oh......No, It will come out April 15 I think

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a full detour though, a lot of the original canon still happens such as the MK 4/Netherealm war for example among other things.

So you played the game already?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Fallingcliffs

It's the 14th of April. Second, Boon and the NRS team confirmed the timelines in various interviews. The genuine fans of the series know this since it's been known for months.

Loading Video...

Latest trailer confirms it as well.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the 14th of April. Second, Boon and the NRS team confirmed the timelines in various interviews. The genuine fans of the series know this since it's been known for months.

So you played the game before any of us? Yes or No?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@nick_hero22 said:

@fallingcliffs said:

Me no, but what does that have to do with the plot that NRS confirmed already? I know people personally who have though, they're testers for the game. The canon MK X comic is also in sync with the game, it takes place 5 years after MK 9 through MK X timeline.

Confirmation of release date, latest trailer watch the end 4/14/15 release...

Loading Video...

Anymore questions?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22 said:

@fallingcliffs said:

Me no, but what does that have to do with the plot that NRS confirmed already?

Confirmation of release date, latest trailer watch the end 4/14/15 release...

Loading Video...

Anymore questions?

What was established it a detour from what happened in Mortal Kombat 4. Mortal Kombat X is loosely based on Mortal Kombat 4 but key emphasis on loosely.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: MK X will span out frmo few years after MK 9 -25 years Boon stated, he also said in some interviews that the story mode will span out starting from a few years to 5 to 10 to 15 to 20-25 etc so within the mode we'll see different points of time. The comic that's canon to the game Shawn Kittlesen(the writer) confirmed the timeline of the comic takes place 5 years after MK 9 and so far they keep referencing the "Netherrealm War" which is more or less MK 4's plot no doubt. End of MK 9 Shinnok had planned on taking over Earthrealm and Outworld from Netherrealm onslaught, obviously they lost like original timeline to Raiden and his forces. I take it it'll probably be more brief than some people expected, then move on from there to the deeper, father future that we've never even seen yet. Rumors have it in the comic at some point Goro will fight Kotal Kahn for rule of Outworld, and that Kotal will kill him possibly(but this is a rumor from supposed leaks of the plot) and they feature Goro as an exclusive DL in the game which also makes some fans believe he may die at some point. It'll cover what other characters have been doing in that time between MK9 -MKX in the comic while explaining Kotal Kahn's rise to power that we see in the game among other things.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By WastelandMan
Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kahn

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zues

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kahn

Multiplexo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@allanvdsouza:

@danm: Just because Kratos killed Zeus , this don't mean that Shao Khan can do this.

Kratos couldn't kill Zeus alone, and Zeus was weak in their finnal battle in GOD of WAR 3.

Kratos almost killed Zeus in "God of War 2".

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus one-shots.

Jkp1964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jkp1964

God of war zues one shots.

Avatar image for poisononousvenom
PoisononousVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PoisononousVenom

Zeus dies instantly. Zeus in God of War mythology is pretty damn weak. He got killed by Kratos who at that point wasn't even a god.

By feats, Zeus loses Horribly, like he get ROFLstomped from the start of the battle. Shao Kahn wins 10/10 times. His highest feat is beating Blaze and merging all the realms,, basically becoming god. The reason why Zeus has no chance of winning is because Shao Kahn can simply steal his soul, killing him instantly. Or Kahn can beat him to submission, as Zeus is clearly not that powerful strength wise, seeing as Kratos demolished him. While, Shao Kahn is the strongest being in Mortal Kombat aside from Onaga.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus mega curbstomp

FreakGamerA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus stomps.

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is against the rules. You must have a comic character

MK characters are allowed

M16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus

JaredMganga_43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JaredMganga_43

I'll go by Zeus on this one sorry for all who want mortal Kombat but the god of war even though it's just one universe, nothing as it seems about that place.

Gods, primordia's and titans are reality warpers, the power to shape surroundings to their own needs and wants, even earth itself in this world is not just a planet with their tampering and it having a physical manifestation which is Gaia, the sky itself is infinite as it is ruled by Zeus, the seas as well via Poseidon and by addition is hades with underworld as well-being infinite, this as well adds to other gods with their domains along with primordia's and especially the furies whom are not bound to titan, god, nor shade whom is Morpheus's group of as well having his own domain, infinite as well even the weapons that are being used by champions on the common level are universal level weapons, the Hyperion spear is one example and another is they can as well do FTL with the Hyperion dash and many more of the weapons the champions use, and if any dispute this, you all can just play the games and even vsbattle, as much as I do not want to recommend it, has some very basic information about them and very helpful to understand the why's and how's.

There is even thor's hammer in there stock and its in the common section so it is possible that Greek gods faced another version of the norse gods and basically won.

So I'll go by Zeus as shao Kahn on his own, never really conquered universes, only planets heck he doesn't even have a universe for himself, he needed an army for that and more as he was never gifted like Zeus is whom can already be a force to be reckoned with meanwhile Zeus attack the titans on his own as even Gaia said this that he even betrayed her and his father is the one who created time in the verse, so he is timelord and defeated as well Ouranos, whom as confirmed by cory Barlog, created infinite layers of hierarchy, the leader of the primordia's and the battle as well could even be interpreted and imagined in the Ascencion with the primordia's fighting each other, it was a cosmic battle and Zeus defeated and this is even a theme amongst them, sons overthrowing fathers, and said sons and daughters will be more powerful as evidence as well with Heracles able to lift the cosmos on his back in one of his labour's and this can be found in the novels with Kratos fighting the kraken as a reference.

And for people who say soul sucking Zeus, that doesn't work, even in the final battle it doesn't work against him and hades himself literally has mastery over this, he rules the underworld and in a world where every second a person dies yeah and also this even extends to the universe and not just one planet and even said planet as I said again, is not what it seems, PlayStation all-stars confirms this with Zeus and the Olympians having control over the universe and he is still weak compared to Zeus, and as well for the million armies they have, it doesn't matter as with what I have put forth in here, imagine athena and ares with there respective armies, athens and sparta, smashing the tarkatan legions and hordes of monsters with there might, discipline and skill, with athena being like diana and ares just smashing everything in his way and let's not forget if hermes as well participated in this war, he would be running circles around enemy lines and even worse is if Poseidon as well got involved which he will be, the entire seas would be a massacre for Shao Kahn and even on land they as well have an army of which Kratos as well joined when he is going to Atlantis.

Shao kahn is going to invade a realm even though its just one universe, its inhabitants are universal, near multiversal level entities to the point of abstract concepts, they even had a box that can trap said concepts which is famously called "Pandora's box", I don't see shao Kahn winning this one or even putting up a fight against zeus despite what many people here will say and others and he will just send a blockade and quarantine the verse but even then, the Olympians, titans and primordia's and furies would be interested of this new development that there is another reality like them but with their own gods and go to said world and not even the elder gods could stop them and funny thing is that if it weren't for the creators just limiting them to a universe, they would have had a multiverse or more but with them only being the rulers of it as the universe itself is just too big for the inhabitants of the god of war verse.

Now everyone will hate Shao Kahn even more as Zeus is here and they and we all know how famous he is with the women and more for Hera to destroy hehehhehehehe,

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Zeus stomps

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus megastomps

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zeus.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By themongoose

Zeus wins no difficulty

Shao Khan has no way to stop Zeus

KratosWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moronic comments from 8 years back. Zeus fodderises. He has so many ways to win it's absurd.