Zatanna vs Voldemort

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

- Pre-52 Zatanna

- Book Voldemort

- No prep, Random encounter

- Fight takes place in a graveyard.

- No BFR

- Win by KO, Death, Incapacitation

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Voldemort under 1 condition, you hater.

Voldemort non-verbally casts Langlock. If Voldemort got Langlock off, then transfigured Zatanna hed' win. If Zatanna got her spell off first, she'd win.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By russellmania77

eb enog tromedlov

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna stomps.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Nope. If he langlocks her before she can speak a word, ( Pointing a wand > a phrase) then she loses. She may be able to use magic without her mouth, but if he transfigures her first then all hope is lost for that.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort give his best against other magic users... so considering he is the best(or 2nd° best) in his universe, and a real genius, i would say Voldy stomps!!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort under 1 condition, you hater.

Voldemort non-verbally casts Langlock. If Voldemort got Langlock off, then transfigured Zatanna hed' win. If Zatanna got her spell off first, she'd win.

Name calling is unnecessary.

I just made a simple thread between two magicians to see who would win.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: D.C.'s most powerful magician...You knew the odds were Voldemort would lose.

Under 1 condition he'd win. That is Langlock. Take that out of the equation and this is a Mismatch.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: no theres fate, raven, the witch boy, giovanni, shazzam, phantom stranger and alot of others

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@kingjohnrocks: You're implying that Voldemort has prior knowledge of Zatanna and knows how her power works, which is clearly not the case. You can cherry pick your responses all day, doesn't change the fact that Zatanna is one of the strongest magic users of the DC Universe. Also just FYI she has done spells without speaking as well.

It's beyond me why you respond when you have zero knowledge of Zatanna.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MethoKi

@kingjohnrocks said:

@batman242: D.C.'s most powerful magician...You knew the odds were Voldemort would lose.

Under 1 condition he'd win. That is Langlock. Take that out of the equation and this is a Mismatch.

I know nothing of Voldemort and in every other thread with Voldemort, no matter how the odds are against him, you always say he wins. You back it up with evidence to say he'd win. All that time you put him on a high pedestal, and now all of a sudden I'm a hater? You just said he'd win and now you're accusing me of putting all odds against him.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: I've read 5 Zatanna comics, the only time she can use magic without speaking when she was "In the presence" or "In the zone", something along the lines. There is no indication she can use Magic without speaking without being "in the zone" or whatever.

Zatanna doesn't have prior knowledge, either. What if he, like he could in-char, non-verbally cast Avada Kedavra and it hit her before she could finish her phrase? She'd die.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@kingjohnrocks: Yes, because reading 5 Zatanna comic clearly constitutes as knowing anything about the character. I could easily say I read 5 pages of Harry Potter and therefore know everything about it. It really doesn't change the fact that you have no knowledge of her.

Zatanna has reacted to bullets and people way quicker than Voldemort. A simple 'pots' would incapacitate Voldemort.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Yes, she has turned bullets into fire, yet was shot by the Joker before she could utter a spell. Superman had to save her.

Harry Potter is a mega-series with tons of chapters. Zatanna's comics do not expand to 20+ chapters. It's different.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MethoKi

@kingjohnrocks: Your arguments require Voldemort to have prior knowledge, which he doesn't have. I honestly expected your arguments to be the best with Voldemort, because I don't know anything about him. You still say he'd win. How?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Yes, she has turned bullets into fire, yet was shot by the Joker before she could utter a spell. Superman had to save her.

Yet Voldemort lost to a teenage boy. I don't really see your point?

Harry Potter is a mega-series with tons of chapters. Zatanna's comics do not expand to 20+ chapters. It's different.

I'm not even going to dignify this with an answer.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@batman242

This is intentional spite, isn't it?

Your arguments require Voldemort to have prior knowledge, which he doesn't have

Know what? Let me give my best.

Voldemort cast spells without having to speak them. Streaks of green light have been mentioned before, if that hit Zatanna before she finished her incantation, she's done for.

Voldemort has the speed to react to teleporters that go at instant and at second:

Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Dumbledore, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cloak. Next second, he had reappeared behind Voldemort and waved his wand towards the remnants of the fountain. The other statues sprang to life.

So, as you see, Voldemort was not hinged a bit by that. All Voldemort did was raise his wand, too. If he did that while Zatanna was saying a phrase, she'd die before she knew what hit her.

Dumbledore himself would have been killed by AK if a Centaur hadn't intervened

Dumbledore was not fast enough to react to Voldemort's avada kedavra, so a centaur took the hit instead of Dumbledore:

Another jet of green light flew from behind the silver shield. This time it was the one-armed centaur, galloping in front of Dumbledore, that took the blast and shattered into a hundred pieces,

If that centaur wasn't there, it'd be death for Dumbledore. I honestly doubt Zatanna could summon a Centaur before AK hit her.

Voldemort teleports and then strikes at Dumbledore instantly if it hadn't been for the Fawkes the Curse would have killed Dumbledore, due to him being occupied by the snake :

Voldemort vanished; the snake reared from the floor, ready to strike--
There was a burst of flame in midair above Dumbledore just as Voldemort reappeared, standing on the plinth in the middle of the pool where so recently the five statues had stood.
'Look out!' Harry yelled.
But even as he shouted, another jet of green light flew at Dumbledore from Voldemort's wand and the snake struck--
Fawkes swooped down in front of Dumbledore, opened his beak wide and swallowed the jet of green light whole: he burst into flame and fell to the floor, small, wrinkled and flightless. At the same moment, Dumbledore brandished his wand in one long, fluid movement--the snake, which had been an instant from sinking its fangs into him, flew high into the air and vanished in a wisp of dark smoke; and the water in the pool rose up and covered Voldemort like a cocoon of molten glass.

If Zatanna was faced in that situation, she would have been killed by AK. If Voldemort goes invisible, silent and transfigures something into a fire worm, she will be saying a phrase to try and stop that fire worm. As she's doing that Voldemort could strike her with Avada Kedava, or blow her to dust with Confringo. If Voldemort just disspears from sight she could say an appearing phrase. If one of the bone in the graveyard is transfigured into a fire worm, she'd be saying a phrase to get rid of the worm. Alright, as she does that Voldemort can either kill her with Confringo or Avada Kedavra. He can also just non-verbally lang-lock her. Let's go to what describes Langlock.

"
Harry aimed his wand at Peeves and said, "Langlock!" Peeves clutched at his throat, gulped, then swooped from the room making obscene gestures but unable to speak, owing to the fact that his tongue had just glued itself to the roof of his mouth."
—Harry Potter's use on Peeves the Poltergeist in the Hogwarts, Taken from: Harry Potter and the Half-blood prince
What is Zatanna going to do without her tounge? So he just Langlocks her and dissapears from sight, transfigures a few things into Fire-worms, maybe even venomous snakes, have them rip her apart as he casts Confringo or Avada Kedavra. Let's go to Confringo.
"
As they soared upwards, away from the two remaining Death Eaters, Harry spat blood out of his mouth, pointed his wand at the falling sidecar, and yelled, 'Confringo!' He knew a dreadful, gut-wrenching pang for Hedwig as it exploded..."
—Harry Potter's use in the Battle of the Seven Potters, Taken from: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Confringo also decimated 11 muggles to dust before, and created a massive crater.
If Zatanna has no phrase to defend herself, is being attacked by Snakes and by a giant fire worm, chances are she won't be able to do ANYTHING.
so, here's what we are working with:
An instant Avada Kedavra (she'd probably think she could tank it)
A confringo.
Transfiguration
If you change conditions to 1 minute prep, then Langlock.
Any questions?

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word
"Pots" It takes a regular human a second to say

Zatanna mili seconds

And all things around her freeze

So yes this is a stomp for zatanna, because she is vastly more powerful and all voldemort has to counteract her is one spell that takes more than several seconds to hit, While her spell takes action in miliseconds

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldy. Zatanna is entirely spoken. All spells are energy and thus travel at lightspeed according to rowling.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@morgrim: Why would she use pots? She knows nothing of Voldemort. She also doesn't know if he's a threat or not. This is a random encounter. If Voldemort Avada Kedavra'd her out of the blue she would die.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: No it's not spite. Like I said earlier, I know nothing about Voldemort, and you and a few others have been putting him in high regards, and you STILL say he'll win, so how can this be spite in anyway?

@morgrim: Why would she use pots? She knows nothing of Voldemort. She also doesn't know if he's a threat or not. This is a random encounter. If Voldemort Avada Kedavra'd her out of the blue she would die.

"Pots" is "Stop" backwards. Meaning she'd just say that and freeze time. I didn't know she could do that.

Isn't it interesting to learn about characters through these threads?

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: Nope even if voldy did avada kedvra her out of the blue her "pots" or other insta spells like, deflect "tcelfed" keep in mind speaking backwards is in a way more natural to her than talking normally so just like how you would be able to blurt out stop or freeze or no or even lightening in a situation she can do that in a quarter of the time and that is all it takes for her magic to activate.

Plus about voldemort being a danger. Simply look at his face of course she would be on guard better safe than sorry. plus she is a first class sorceress she can sense dark magic which voldemort reeks of

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morgrim: Nope. If it hits her then she dies instantly. She won't be able to speak after she is dead.

"Just look at his face" She could think it was some sort of infection.

"Sense dark magic" he knows how to conceal himself.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SSJLozza

@omgomgwtfwtf: Nope. If he langlocks her before she can speak a word, ( Pointing a wand > a phrase) then she loses. She may be able to use magic without her mouth, but if he transfigures her first then all hope is lost for that.

He wouldn't have time to do any of that, she'd be tooo quick for him- besides Zatanna is too powerful. Voldemort probably runs away, if not he dies.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Harry Potter books and in the movies when someone casts a spell in battle, even when Voldemort casts, the other side still has enough time to cast their own spell in response, incantation and all. So Zatanna will have enough time to cast her spells before Voldemort's spells hit her. Voldemort however, is not going to use Langlock or silencio or anything like that because he doesn't know what her powers are has hasn't started a battle like that. Zatanna however has used pots before quite frequently along with some other nasty stuff so I don't really see how she's going to lose this. Voldemort can't deal with a timestop.

And if worse comes to worse and she can just say Eid.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna says 'pots' or 'peels' and game over.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30 TifaLockhart  Online

Zatanna roflstomps. Pots ftw.

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eson a evah

Then Voldemort runs into the sunset screaming like a teen girl

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like zatanna is a much more powerful magician and uses her magics against a wider variety of people including superior magicians. On the other hand I k ow nothing of coldemort beyong the movies. Gonna go with zatanna

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna stomps.

If for no other reason better looking.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Couldn't Voldy just use Avada Kedava to finish her

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Voldemort

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By algorhythm511

Zatanna win on most occasions. Voldemort would win a few Avada Kedava, but it's not like Zatanna is slow to the draw. Zatanna 7/10.