bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bag_o_x_men

First Round h2h only.
Second round will be in a swamp. Both men are armed with a hunting knife, a Berretta 9 millimeter with a single clip, and a bow with 20 standard arrows.

ZARTAN                                                                                                                                         CHARLIE "SPIRIT" IRONKNIFE
                                                                                                                                                                                       VS
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Scarbearer

I'm assuming we're talking the comic book versions of said characters?  If so I'm gonna say Zartan by a /very/ narrow Margin

I'm only really familiar with the classic Larry Hamma/Marvel run of the G.I. Joe comic and not the more recent Devil's Due stuff, so I'll bow to other's wisdom on this, but Zartan always seemed to be portrayed as one of the toughest threats in personal combat in the series, just slightly behind Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes.  Should be a good fight though.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By whacknasty
@scarbearer said:
" I'm assuming we're talking the comic book versions of said characters?  If so I'm gonna say Zartan by a /very/ narrow MarginI'm only really familiar with the classic Larry Hamma/Marvel run of the G.I. Joe comic and not the more recent Devil's Due stuff, so I'll bow to other's wisdom on this, but Zartan always seemed to be portrayed as one of the toughest threats in personal combat in the series, just slightly behind Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes.  Should be a good fight though. "
Yeah, I'm more familiar with Zartan, and he always seemed like he was a legit threat to any Joe or Cobra member to me.
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Who names their kid Zartan. He should kill his parents.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whacknasty
@Nelomaxwell said:
" Who names their kid Zartan. He should kill his parents. "
Lol. Would probably be in character still too.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@Nelomaxwell:@whacknasty:
It was actually hinted once, that he mat have killed his father.  His real name has never been revealed to my knowledge.  The name "Zartan" was stolen from an Australian biker gang leader. 
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whacknasty
@bag_o_x_men said:
" @Nelomaxwell:@whacknasty: It was actually hinted once, that he mat have killed his father.  His real name has never been revealed to my knowledge.  The name "Zartan" was stolen from an Australian biker gang leader.  "
LOL! That is awesome. He must be in more battle threads now
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

I think this one is a draw.  Zartan is very formidable, but Spirit is also a pretty solid fighter.  And they're both good with the weapons provided.  Zartan has the benefit of his camouflage, but Spirit is a tracker, and also has been shown to have some low level mystical abilities. 

Lara Hama apparently came up with the name Zartan by rearranging the letters in Tarzan.