#1 Posted by Darkmount1 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to another of my "deathmatches". I only wish I had Johnny Gomez and Nick Diamond announcing these, but what am I gonna do? Anyway, my new bout pairs off two masters of disguise, stealth, and assassination, so you decide, Viners: who will win this bout--

Longtime G.I. Joe nemesis and Dreadnok leader Zartan?

OR

Longtime X-Men foe (and mother to two of them!) Mystique?
#2 Posted by dondave (38515 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique

#3 Posted by Darkmount1 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Why?

#4 Posted by Shawnbaby (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique is only the mother of Nightcrawler but. She took Rogue in after her powers manifested but she is not her mother. She was never even a legal guardian.

Mystique wins.

#5 Posted by dondave (38515 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkmount1:She can grow extra limbs to increase her strength, turn her hand into blades and so forth

#6 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique

#7 Posted by chiq (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique. She can heal, fly , shape shift, turn her body into bladed weapons.

#8 Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

Zartan would win this. He is way more skilled in disguises/camouflage, he has a higher accuracy in assassinations (his only failure was the attempted assassination of Snake-Eyes, but he still killed the Hard Master in that attempt), he always cheats (which means the rest of the Dreadnoks, or at least his brother and sister, Zandar and Zarana, would be nearby and get involved), he is also a highly skilled martial artist/fighter, and is knowledgeable in almost every form of firearm. Mystique would never see or hear Zartan approach her. He'd first attempt to take her out with his bow, which detects heartbeats, and can fire arrows around/through walls. Once the arrow goes through her, he would disappear before Mystique could heal and find the shooter. He'd then take up a new location and use a sniper rifle, and while Mystique slowly recovers, he'd walk up behind her and drive a knife threw her back, whilst at the same time put a bullet in her head. He would again disappear, and lay in wait to see if she recovers. If she does, he'd again approach from behind and cut her head off. Zartan defeats Mystique 9/10 times in a battle.

#9 Posted by Darkmount1 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: I thought those abilities got retconned later on?

#10 Posted by chiq (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkmount1 said:

@chiq: I thought those abilities got retconned later on?

Well, I saw Mystique using those powers in WATX. She grew wings, turned her finger into a long blade, etc... It's the issue that involved shark girl and angel (with his new laser sword)

#11 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Mystique. She can heal, fly , shape shift, turn her body into bladed weapons.

This

#12 Posted by New_World_Order (13289 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique

#13 Posted by Darkmount1 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay then..........here's an interesting question:

What are the chances of these two (had they been in the same 'space')........hooking up?