bump

#5 Posted by lordraiden (6895 posts) - - Show Bio

One sided battle!

#6 Edited by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dormammu wins

#7 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu should win

#8 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu should not win at all outside his Dimension. In it he stands a chance. However I do not see how he can put down the rider. Maybe kill the host and win that way.

GR beats Strange pretty easy and Strange has no probs beating Dormammu time and again.

#9 Posted by Killemall (18169 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: You are actually using ABC logic there, and unprepped Strange is normally always in trouble against Dormammu, i could site a couple of instances if required. The only time i have seen an unprepped Strange actually beat Dormammu, and not some person with Dormammu's power in him, would be when he showed up in Spiderman series.

I am not entirely sure about the power level, but Dormammu is there or there abouts in power level with guys like Odin.. unsure how Zarathos would stand against that ranking.

#10 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: You are actually using ABC logic there, and unprepped Strange is normally always in trouble against Dormammu, i could site a couple of instances if required. The only time i have seen an unprepped Strange actually beat Dormammu, and not some person with Dormammu's power in him, would be when he showed up in Spiderman series.

I am not entirely sure about the power level, but Dormammu is there or there abouts in power level with guys like Odin.. unsure how Zarathos would stand against that ranking.

Personally I see this as a very close battle. Zarathos defeated Mephisto in hell after all...

#11 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormzy has much more destructive capability. Zarathos has a 1hit KO ability on almost anyone but far less feats and destructive capability. Depending on how that battle plays out, either side could win. They are equals IMO.

#12 Edited by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

Personally I see this as a very close battle. Zarathos defeated Mephisto in hell after all...

When did that happen?

#13 Edited by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@killemall said:

When did that happen?

Good question. I haven't read that comic for months. If Killemall also would forgot about it, look in Marvel Database for Ghost Rider's/Zarathos appearances.

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@killemall said:

When did that happen?

Good question. I haven't read that comic for months. If Killemall also would forgot about it, look in Marvel Database for Ghost Rider's/Zarathos appearances.

GR defeated Mephisto in hell in his 70s run. However it was not Zarathos but rather Blaze with Roxanns pure Soul protection.

Nobel Kale beat Nightmare in his own Realm early 90s with ease.

Zarathos beat Azmodeus who was almost equal to Zarathos in power in his own Hell Realm with ease.

Mephisto had to weaken Zarathos before he could beat him.

Zarathos defeated half the full power of Lucifer with ease.

Nobel Kale beat Hell Lord Blackheart in Hell. One Shots BH actually lol.

Above is the Angel Uriel who is equal to Mephisto in Hell. Nobel Kale Pwns him.

Above again, Null the Living Darkness, pwn by weaker Zarathos.

This is Zadkiel weilding the power of God. Blaze learns a new power, Summoning all the past Ghost Riders for the Uber stomp.

Also shows Reality Warpers over Creation hold no sway on a Spirit of Vengeance.

Pwns Dr. Strange with total ease once Blaze gets KO.

#16 Posted by Killemall (18169 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: There is a much recent encounter as well, the last Ghost Rider issue published in May 2012 where Johnny Blaze finally gets the Ghost Rider back (Ghost Rider 06).

Before Johnny got the GR power back, Alexendra's true potential was unlocked she fought and was clearly beating Mephisto and nearly destroyed hell (Blaze intervened)

To be fair so has Dormammu, well he caused Mephisto to abandon Hades and flee, that counts as a victory doesnt it? Although credit has to be given to Sattanis who helped, while Zarathos's power on their own accord have been shown to be sufficient.

Hellcat 02

Although there is a latter story which to some extent potrays Dormammu in Dark Dimension as inferior to Surtur , which i found was weird (i might be mis-intrepreting here so want your help on his one). When the Great Evil Beast starts consuming splinter realm, and Dormammu is the first victim Dormammu is forced to flee Dark Dimension to ask help from Magik in Limbo.

Then they go to Surtur realm, and everyone looks surprised that even Surtur's realm is destroyed. Point was despite knowing the same Great Evil Beast manage to chase Dormammu away from his realm, people were surprised that the same enemy was capable of defeating Surtur and his army , which i felt was weird.

#17 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Ah sweet. I never read the 12 issue run of the Chick rider. So its cool to see something, well, cool from it.

Thanks.

I think GR has a shot if he can summon more GRs or use GR avatars like Ketch shown. He should be able to harm Dormammu with a Penance Stare to a degree.

Either way A Spirit of vengeance and Dormammu are past Hell Lord Level.

#18 Posted by NeonGameWave (7685 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu stomps. Dormammu did challenge Eternity after all and he scared off Mephisto in his own realm easily. He also fought the Phoenix on a couple of occasions, and his own creation Satannish is even equal to that of Mephisto. If I`m not mistaken, Mephisto defeated or had the upper hand against Zarathos in his realm.