• 106 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@d3athstroke: you're not really addressing anything. Kenpachi' power is not in question. The point is despite his power he can be damaged by the attacks of his opponents. As for cutting through space, when did anyone say he could do this? He merely cut the gremmy clones, ending the illusion, and the meteor is another impressive testament to his strength, but he did not space cut the meteor. If he did, the meteor would have been neatly cut in two pieces. Instead, hitting the meteor broke it into dozens of pieces suggesting it was broken by impact and not "cut" in the traditional sense. Also, lava? A lot happened in ken's fight with gremmy, but I don't recall any lava. Nevertheless, zanpakuto's work on him just fine (as evidenced by fights with Ichigo, tousen, nnoitora, and unohana). Despite being stronger than everyone he fought (even gremmy is weaker in terms of spirit pressure), everyone manages to damage him just fine. Without addressing these things, you are not really advancing any argument for how Kenpachi beats byakuya. Byakuya will use bankai and Kenpachi will not be able to defend. Through either blood loss, or having vital organs penetrated, Kenpachi will die.

el_chanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d3athstroke: you're not really addressing anything. Kenpachi' power is not in question. The point is despite his power he can be damaged by the attacks of his opponents. As for cutting through space, when did anyone say he could do this? He merely cut the gremmy clones, ending the illusion, and the meteor is another impressive testament to his strength, but he did not space cut the meteor. If he did, the meteor would have been neatly cut in two pieces. Instead, hitting the meteor broke it into dozens of pieces suggesting it was broken by impact and not "cut" in the traditional sense. Also, lava? A lot happened in ken's fight with gremmy, but I don't recall any lava. Nevertheless, zanpakuto's work on him just fine (as evidenced by fights with Ichigo, tousen, nnoitora, and unohana). Despite being stronger than everyone he fought (even gremmy is weaker in terms of spirit pressure), everyone manages to damage him just fine. Without addressing these things, you are not really advancing any argument for how Kenpachi beats byakuya. Byakuya will use bankai and Kenpachi will not be able to defend. Through either blood loss, or having vital organs penetrated, Kenpachi will die.

A few things:
1) That wasn't an ilussion. Gremmy can be compared to franklin richards. He trully alter and change reality, at such extent that he can create life, that's why the stenriter fighting Yachiru (created by gremmy) tried to kill him, so he could keep living. So, that said, he trully put Zaraki in outer space... and Zaraki cut it. How crazy is that?

2) Sebonzakura migth be really strong... for standard levels of endurance. Kenpachi took a point blanck atomic blast when gremmy's clones self-drestructed, pretty much like Soifon's bankia, and kept figthing (and won) against the most powerfull Stenrriter. I can't imagine Sebonzakura dealing that kind of damage when scattered, and even if it can, as we saw, thats not enough to kill him. And if goes "all in one" like vs Ichigo... well... Nozarashi is just brutall, single-shoted a freaking asteroid, Sebonzakura is totally outmatched in a head-to-head fight.

Another point is, despite the fact the zanpakutou's saga is non-cannon, what's shown there is quite possible. Kenpachi bitchslaped Nnoitra's cero (so, pretraining). I don't see why he can't do the same with a bunch of little blades if he goes non-patch via pure spiritual pressure. That goes for any kidou throw at him. Just won't make the cut.

If they are both pre lost agent saga, then i'll say is a close match, and can't really decide, all depends on how Byakuya plays his cards, if he goes safe and keeps his distanced, he should win. If it is after that, then Byakuya simply doesn't have any cards to play.

On a side note, everyone makes comments about each others spiritual pressure when they come back from training and how they improved... except for Kenpachi. His subordinates noted they couldn't feel his pressence. This is speculative, but that would put him on "Trasendent" level, like Dangai Ichigo. If thats true, then Byakuya is really out of his league here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_chanis: lol, after so much time, I didn't expect anyone to comment on this thread, but I accept the challenge. To address your first point, illusion may have been the wrong word to use, but the point is gremmy has limits on the number of things he can control via imagination. Example, while fighting Ken, his "bone cookie" technique over yachiru ended. Also, while "galaxy room" was active, his steel hardening on his body was gone, even Kenpachi commented on this. So by cutting down all of the clones, I say this ended the galaxy room since gremmy had to shift the focus on his power to regeneration or that "atomic blast" as you refer to it. No real way to gauge the level of that blast so I'm not comfortable with you labeling that atomic level.

Next as for durability, Ken has been impressive when it comes to enduring certain kinds of attacks. Examples include: gremmy's "atomic blast", a punch from the 0 espada, cero from nnoitora, just to name a few. However, he does not endure zanpakutos with or without a patch. Tousen, nnoitora, and unohana all cut him just fine despite him having higher spirit pressure and eye patch was off in the last two fights I named. So senbonzakura (SZ), a zanpakuto will not fail to cut him. Ken can't protect his vital organs once the attack from the blade has penetrated his body. He can die from blood loss which he admits during his battle with nnoitora, and unohana killed him several times in their fight, once with a simple blade to the throat. Just b/c SZ blades are small doesn't mean they can't hit vital organs or cause blood loss. Keep in mind, byakuya needed to be healed by kirinji's hot springs after he was hit since unohana could not heal him, the same unohana that healed the fatal damage she inflicted on Kenpachi.

Also, you mention that Ken "beat" the strongest sternritter, but an asterisk should really be placed next to that victory on his record. After the Galaxy room and atomic blast Kenpachi was finished, while gremmy through regeneration was in perfect health. Any attack at that point probably would have sufficed to kill Ken, but for "some reason" (PIS), gremmy did something completely unnecessary, killing himself. So not really a victory.

Also, don't think Ken spirit is transcended. Aizen and by extension yama who Aizen admitted was stronger, were the only G13 captains with spirit levels double that of a captain. Even Kenpachi with all his spirit does not have this feat pre or post training. Trying to say he is transcended is FAR TOO MUCH of a leap in logic. You should not argue something like that. Kenpachi has strength, swordskill, and endurance against all but zanpakutos from captain level opponents. So yes, byakuya should be able to win if he doesn't fight close range to kenpachis advantage. In any other circumstance, byakuya wins with bankai alone. I feel I could make a reasonable argument for magic, but I won't press the issue.

el_chanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Just b/c SZ blades are small doesn't mean they can't hit vital organs or cause blood loss"

Against Yammy, scattered Sebonzakura hardly made a serius injury. Kenpachi was cutting the shit out of him, while Byakuya used it mostly to push Yammy back. Im not saying that Sebonzakura overall can't cut Kenpachi, but if it can, will be in it's true form, wich puts byakuya CQC range, and as he said, he drops defense, for all-offense, and head-to-head, kenpachi is WAY OVER byakuya that way.

"Any attack at that point probably would have sufficed to kill Ken, but for "some reason" (PIS), gremmy did something completely unnecessary, killing himself. So not really a victory."

The fight was over and he took over 4 brand new sternriters. How exactly that wasn't a victory? The fight was clear, Ken had much more power, su much, that Gremmy died trying to emulate it. I don't see the PiS there.

"Also, don't think Ken spirit is transcended. Aizen and by extension yama who Aizen admitted was stronger, were the only G13 captains with spirit levels double that of a captain. Even Kenpachi with all his spirit does not have this feat pre or post training. Trying to say he is transcended is FAR TOO MUCH of a leap in logic. You should not argue something like that. Kenpachi has strength, swordskill, and endurance against all but zanpakutos from captain level opponents. So yes, byakuya should be able to win if he doesn't fight close range to kenpachis advantage"

1st, i said it's speculative.

2nd. Tite kube himself spoke about it in an interview. He was comenting about a novel another author wrote on wich kenpachi is the main character, novel btw, approved by Kubo himself. There kenpachi did reach the Trascendent level, and the explanation was, he is truly above all in spirit pressure, but he "unlock" it when is hurt by an opponent stronger than his current state, thats why the "training" was a butchery class. And Kubo said he was impressed how well the author understood his own kenpachi's view when he never spoke with anyone about it. So yeah... there is a very good reason to SPECULATE this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

current kenpachi wins this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_chanis: Okay, a few things:

1. Why do you think byakuya needs "all in one" to damage Kenpachi? You are using SZ damage against a HUGE target like Yammy to gauge damage SZ would cause a smaller target like Kenpachi. Furthermore, the full fight between byakuya and Ken with Yammy wasn't fully shown, so can't say how much either party contributed to that victory. Anyway, in the manga canon, Kenpachi has really never shown resistance to attacks from captains zanpakutos (tousen, unohana, and even espada nnoitora). So based on this, SZ will cut him as any other zanpakuto would. You seem to have no respect for damage potential of those "little blades", but again those little blades required byakuya to be healed by the best healer in the show after he was hit by as nodt. So, if Kenpachi is hit, he will be in same condition as byakuya or any other opponent hit by SZ (renji or ganju). Kenpachi usually ignores damage and keeps fighting, but that's not the same as the damage not affecting his body. If you don't think the "little blades will work, ok fine I'll humor you. Byakuya can form SZ into a thousand full sized katanas and fire them at Kenpachi. Have you ever seen fate/stay night UBW (either the movie or anime)? The fight btw Gilgamesh and berserker is indicative of how I see this fight going if byakuya uses the 1000 katanas approach and rains down blades, but seriously I don't think it's necessary. As I said before, a hit to vital or blood loss and he dies.

2. I say Ken victory over gremmy not really a victory. Kenpachi's actions did not lead to death. Gremmy did something stupid and unnecessary, which resulted in his own death. Since nothing Kenpachi did damaged him, it's not really like Ken won. Meanwhile gremmy left Kenpachi in a much worse state which allowed the four Quincy girls to gang up on him and win. He would not have lost to them but for being weakened by gremmy. So overall Kenpachi did not really "damage" gremmy (since gremmy just kept regenerating) yet gremmy brought Kenpachi near death. So not a clear "victory".

3. I don't know anything about any novel, but if it's not in the manga canon, it doesn't really count. I can only go by the canon. If Kubo places evidence of ken's transcendence into the manga, then I'll adjust my statements. Based on the manga, I don't think Ken is anywhere near this level. He is not on either aizen's or yama's level who have been confirmed in story to have spirit pressure at double that of a normal captain. Kenpachi has a lot, but not more than them. And even Yama and aizen can be injured by weaker opponents. Yama has been cut by aizen who was weaker and his lieutenant's bankai that left a scar across his face (the same lieutenant ichigo beat bare handed). And aizen has been cut by ichigo pre transcended and ichimaru post transcended despite being vastly stronger than those characters. Therefore, there is no reason why any attack from a captain level opponent should fail to harm Kenpachi. SZ will work and Kenpachi has no defense against that. Byakuya does not have to match power with Kenpachi and he would be foolish to try. He only needs to take advantage of his speed to keep his distance, then use SZ to deliver damage in either "microblade" or "1000 full katana" form. He will be cut and he will die regardless of his will to keep fighting. Again, 1 blade to the throat was all it took for unohana to kill him and nnoitora' continuous cuts almost led to blood loss. I think a 1000 katanas skewering Kenpachi can accomplish at least one of those, don't you?

el_chanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vermillion0831:

1) He took a direct hit from both Nnoitra and Ichigo. No scratch at all. From filler arc in the anime took a direct hit from SZ's bankai, no damage apreciated. He tanked 2 direct hits from the shikais of Komamura and Tousen, barely damagin him. Those little blades won't make the cut. As i said, SZ is incredibly strong against regular opponents. I doubt he would even be able to cut Nnoitra's hierro without some serius effort.

2) Kenpachi was pushing Gremmy. He lost because he couldn't keep up with his power and resistance. Every time he did something, kenpachi kept putting pressure, to the point were he couldn't concentrate on that many things at the same time, thats why he tried to match his power directly. On top of that, it didn't matter how hard his skin was, kenpachi would cut it with that insane shikai he has. And it doesn't matter how fast you heal if you are already dead, and ken was about to kill him, otherwise he wouldn't try that.

3)"Based on the manga, I don't think Ken is anywhere near this level. He is not on either aizen's or yama's level who have been confirmed in story to have spirit pressure at double that of a normal captain"

And you think he is a normal captain? The guy that goes around with a handicap to not win too fast? The only guy in the entire story of the soul society to reach captain level without knowing his zanpakuto's name? The guy who coulded one-shot unohana as a little kid sounds regular to you? Even yamma was afraid of training kenpachi, that should ring the "freaking OP bastard" bell. Yamma might have twice the spirit pressure of a normal captain, but kenpachi surely isn't normal AT ALL.

Besides that, he can't control his spirit pressure. He is allways releasing tons of it, and the fact that his subordinates, guys who lived with him for years couldn't felt him at all when he was close (right after he appeared) is a clear indicator, just like when ichigo's friend couldn't felt Aizen's pressure.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vermillion0831:

1) He took a direct hit from both Nnoitra and Ichigo. No scratch at all. From filler arc in the anime took a direct hit from SZ's bankai, no damage apreciated. He tanked 2 direct hits from the shikais of Komamura and Tousen, barely damagin him. Those little blades won't make the cut. As i said, SZ is incredibly strong against regular opponents. I doubt he would even be able to cut Nnoitra's hierro without some serius effort.

2) Kenpachi was pushing Gremmy. He lost because he couldn't keep up with his power and resistance. Every time he did something, kenpachi kept putting pressure, to the point were he couldn't concentrate on that many things at the same time, thats why he tried to match his power directly. On top of that, it didn't matter how hard his skin was, kenpachi would cut it with that insane shikai he has. And it doesn't matter how fast you heal if you are already dead, and ken was about to kill him, otherwise he wouldn't try that.

3)"Based on the manga, I don't think Ken is anywhere near this level. He is not on either aizen's or yama's level who have been confirmed in story to have spirit pressure at double that of a normal captain"

And you think he is a normal captain? The guy that goes around with a handicap to not win too fast? The only guy in the entire story of the soul society to reach captain level without knowing his zanpakuto's name? The guy who coulded one-shot unohana as a little kid sounds regular to you? Even yamma was afraid of training kenpachi, that should ring the "freaking OP bastard" bell. Yamma might have twice the spirit pressure of a normal captain, but kenpachi surely isn't normal AT ALL.

Besides that, he can't control his spirit pressure. He is allways releasing tons of it, and the fact that his subordinates, guys who lived with him for years couldn't felt him at all when he was close (right after he appeared) is a clear indicator, just like when ichigo's friend couldn't felt Aizen's pressure.

Couldn't agree more.

Seraph_King160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenpachi sword releases then annihilates everything around him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_chanis:

1. Kenpachi only blocked ichigo's attacks b/c ichigo was afraid. After he calmed down, he was able to cut Ken. Don't remember Kenpachi tanking an attack from nnoitora without damage unless you're referring to the cero. Okay, sure Kenpachi has durability against a lot of things, but not blades and every battle he's been in shows that blades work whether he has an eyepatch on or not. He almost died from getting cut up too much against nnoitora. Also, if I recall correctly, he blocked an attack from komamura, then tousen fired blades at Kenpachi and most of them missed, but somewhere between 4-6 did pierce which proves blades work. Also, what happens in filler doesn't count since it's not canon. Outside of the ichigo situation I address above, Kenpachi doesn't/can't use his spirit pressure to deflect or blow away attacks. Even if it did, you haven't addressed the fact that SZ can be used as full sized swords and not just "little blades". Since Kenpachi can't stop even the dagger unohana threw at him (while eyepatch was off), he's not stopping any zanpakuto from a captain. Also, mind telling me how he's going to tag byakuya? Even if Kenpachi keeps charging despite getting cut, what's to stop byakuya from flash stepping away and then repeating the same steps until Kenpachi dies of blood loss? Exactly, nothing stops him from doing that. BLADES WORK ON KENPACHI! That's a fact.

2. Gremmy killed himself by being stupid. He had other options to fight. Why not turn kenpachi's bones into cookies so that Kenpachi wouldn't be able to move? Why not just imagine Kenpachi dead like the two vizored captains he killed? Exactly, gremmy is RETARDED! Granted it's impressive that Kenpachi survived all of that, but he can't tank blades without damage. Personally, if you want to give Kenpachi credit for that victory, then that's fine. He's not the only character in bleach who wins b/c the opponent did something stupid, but in reality all of kenpachi's manga victories were the result of some stupidity by his enemy. But whatever. It's neither here nor there.

3. If you want to put Kenpachi on some transcended level when he lost to someone that Yama (who is not transcended) easily destroyed (the fake yhwach) then be my guest. You're probably not alone in thinking like that. There's no end to the number of Kenpachi fans around here on comic vine. It doesn't negate what I've been saying. Believe what you want. The only thing that changed when he got shikai was his attack power. He was already physically the strongest character (except for maybe Yama) so his overall fighting style hasn't changed. He still has no counter for many of the overpowered abilities that exist in bleach. Also, come on. Do you really think Yama was afraid to train Kenpachi? We've all seen what Yama can do with bankai. If you think Kenpachi would have had a chance against him, then you're dreaming friend.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_anderson: in Bankai byakiya has stated his blades number in the hundreds of millions. Only Ichigo has ever cut them all unscathed.

el_chanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vermillion0831:

1) Read the manga, watch the anime. Kenpachi took a direct hit from Nnoitra pre-release. Not a single scratch.

2) He coulded affect directly only those who were weak enough to not counter his power, just like Barragan and his "respira" (wich is why he wasn't n°1 Espada). Thats why he couldn't imagine him dead. Besides... you are missing some BIG issue. Gremmy EXPLOTED trying to simulate him. That doesn't tell you anything? Kenpachi has the power to make you burst into dust if you think too much about it (figuratively, off course, except for Gremmy).

3) Was Ywach himself the one who defeated Kenpachi. This is explained in the Dagger, an article of the Shonen-Jump that explains whats going on in the manga . He defeat him, then leaved to Muken. And yeah, i really think he was afraid to train him. First, because thats exactly what the Chamber 46 said, he saw a great danger in training him, second, and most important... he actually stopped training him. He trained 3 days.... 3 freaking days. Thats all he needed to turn a regular attack from any other captain into an atomic blast with a cutting edge on the side. Wich part of "restraining to not kill Unohana in a single hit as child" you don't get? He is a MONSTER. Imagine a kid kicking and breaking Tyson's leg. And now the kid is grown and healthy, with all the vitamins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_chanis:

1. Okay...I've read the manga friend, maybe you should too. Kenpachi never tanked an attack from nnoitora's blade. He gets cut up mercilessly in that fight both before and after the patch is off. The only thing that comes close is Kenpachi catching the blade with his hand in ch307. Don't know what happened in the anime (I don't watch it), but manga>anime. You're relatively new here at least compared to me so I'll tell you most people here use only canon feats unless the OP says otherwise. So any thing in the anime that is not consistent with the manga is non canon. So once again I tell you Kenpachi can't resist blades. FACT.

2. Here you're making up nonsense. None of that is explained on panel in the manga. You just don't want to believe that gremmy could have imagined Kenpachi out of existence, but he could. For some reason, instead of doing that, he chose to make physical things for Kenpachi to cut instead of going for the direct kill. Even Kubo won't stop wanking Kenpachi (like many other fans on this site), giving him an opponent who nerfed his own abilities just so that Ken could win. As for the exploding thing, according to kenpachi's theory, gremmy imagined Kenpachi as a monster and that was what killed him. So pick your poison: 1. Gremmy imagined Kenpachi as being more powerful than he really was; or 2. Kenpachi literally has more spirit pressure than any other character and his body is the only one that can handle that power (absurd since ACTUAL transcendent characters exist and Kenpachi is not one of them). As for Kenpachi beating unohana as a kid, well yes that was impressive and you won't hear me say otherwise. Kenpachi's sword skills as a child were impressive. Just because he's a good swordsman doesn't mean he can beat every other captain. They all rely on powers instead of just sword fighting. And did I read your post correctly? Did you say that Kenpachi wouldn't have been affected by barragan's respira? Look, I'm being relatively patient here, but your absurdity must cease. Kenpachi doesn't negate people's powers with his high spirit pressure. I suggest you stop going by the nonsense you see in filler arcs bud.

3. As for the comment by the central 46 guy, this statement contradicts what Kenpachi said during the nnoitora fight in chapter 311 pg16. Kenpachi says that Yama "insisted" that Ken learn kendo. Kenpachi was not interested in anything except for the two handed technique. This is why Yama stopped training Kenpachi. So you have two choices: 1. Yama was afraid of Kenpachi (absurd since Yama was the strongest gotei 13 member with the strongest bankai); or 2. Kenpachi just got bored and didn't want to train (the most logical). Pick your poison friend. I don't care because either case doesn't affect what I've been saying here. Kenpachi can be cut by blades including byakuya's and there's no stopping that. Blood loss from getting cut by microblades or impaled by 1000 katanas; either way Kenpachi has no answer to that.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenny. Byakuya can't cut him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stick695: Oh? It's been a while since I've been in this thread, but ok let me put it simple for you friend:

1. Kenpachi's only blade resistance feat in the manga is blocking ichigo's attack when they first fought, and the only reason that happened is because ichigo was afraid. After he kept calm, he cut Kenpachi just fine as all of kenpachi's subsequent blade wielding opponents were able to regardless of kenpachi's greater spirit pressure. So blades work!

2. Having established that fact, Kenpachi has no way of dealing with senbonzakura's microblades or full sized katanas. They will pierce him and he will die.

3. Kenpachi has a strength advantage, but it's meaningless since he'll never be able to tag byakuya. Byakuya can fight from a distance with his swords and skewer Kenpachi who would be helpless against that. Even if Kenpachi got in close, byakuya can flash step away, then continue cutting away with senbonzakura. Rinse and repeat until Kenpachi succumbs to blood loss or just gets vitals skewered.

So how do you think Kenpachi wins...?

LionsoLara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Byakuya Kuchiki murders Kenpachi Zaraki. Honestly not every captain can beat Kenpachi but Byakuya's Bankai would finish Kenpachi. We all Know Kenpachi can endure a serious amount of damage but Byakuya's bankai is considered fatal to any foe or captain alike. Byakuya wins by bankai senbonzakura kageyoshi.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anybody who says Byakuya Kuchiki wins have no clue about Bleach and never read the Manga.

Kenpachi is leagues above him this fight is not even close.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenpachi has this in the bag.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Kenpachi would borderline stomp.

Invasion arc Kenlachi would win in a solid fight.

Honestly though, its been pretty clear for a while that Kenpachi is supposed to be the strongest captain of the gotei 13.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Koays

@106me said:

Current Kenpachi would borderline stomp.

Invasion arc Kenlachi would win in a solid fight.

Honestly though, its been pretty clear for a while that Kenpachi is supposed to be the strongest captain of the gotei 13.

Idk....Byakuya solo'd what 5 Vandenreich post Royal Guard training? Plus the speed edge and increase in Senbonzakura shikai....idk until i see Kenpachi really move theirs an argument for Byakuya winning before the fight gets to out of hand.

maxxcveiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenpachi just lost to soul king's arm. Byakuya beats those types or others with hax (7th espada) with his own kidos, speed or 100million flying blades. Byakuya has advantage

Ya_Idjits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This depends entirely on which version of each we're talking about.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@koays:

Kenpachi just lost to soul king's arm. Byakuya beats those types or others with hax (7th espada) with his own kidos, speed or 100million flying blades. Byakuya has advantage

actually he lost to Mayuri cuz Kenny's brashness would have led to his defeat with Pernida. Kenny has Nozarashi but Kibo wasn't stupid when he sent Byakuya to Royal Palace. As Nodt killed a lot of people. Byakuya wasted him. Byakuya is more of a thinker in battle, which was needed to defeat Pernida. Byakuya is going to fight someone since he and Soi Fon have disappeared from the Shinji palace assault team

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:

@koays:

@maxxcveiler said:

actually he lost to Mayuri cuz Kenny's brashness would have led to his defeat with Pernida. Kenny has Nozarashi but Kibo wasn't stupid when he sent Byakuya to Royal Palace. As Nodt killed a lot of people. Byakuya wasted him. Byakuya is more of a thinker in battle, which was needed to defeat Pernida. Byakuya is going to fight someone since he and Soi Fon have disappeared from the Shinji palace assault team

Lol lets be honest knowing Kubo, Byakuya would've cut all the nerve endings in his limbs (again) and started steering Senbonzakura with his nosehairs...

But really it was just a bad match up for Kenpachi. He's all physical going up up against someone who takes control of body parts, regens and gains physical traits...short of "i'm so strong i can take control my own limbs back" he was going to lose.

Very interested in seeing a Byakuya and Soi Fon team up fight, though I don't see anyone for them to fight.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By boschePG

@koays: Lol, funny you said that cuz everyone else is saying the same thing. I always thought that Urahara would battle Hash but @jeepeh suggested that Byakuya would face off against Hash and he thought Urahara would face off against the Viking which is revealing to look that way now with latest issue

Koays, you aren't in me and jeepeh's Bleach PM but how do you think they are going to fit in Ginjo and the Fullbringers? Kubo has to flip something odd to reveal 2 more PWS, and the Fullbringers, Byakuya and Soi Fon team, what happened to Yachiru, and now Hitsugaya back. Jeepeh was right about the battle matchups. What Kubo has to stretch out to (which also Jeepeh brought up) with Mayuri now out of commission healing up, that means this guy should be free

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Koays
@boschepg said:

@koays: Lol, funny you said that cuz everyone else is saying the same thing. I always thought that Urahara would battle Hash but @jeepeh suggested that Byakuya would face off against Hash and he thought Urahara would face off against the Viking which is revealing to look that way now with latest issue

Koays, you aren't in me and jeepeh's Bleach PM but how do you think they are going to fit in Ginjo and the Fullbringers? Kubo has to flip something odd to reveal 2 more PWS, and the Fullbringers, Byakuya and Soi Fon team, what happened to Yachiru, and now Hitsugaya back. Jeepeh was right about the battle matchups. What Kubo has to stretch out to (which also Jeepeh brought up) with Mayuri now out of commission healing up, that means this guy should be free

Honestly I was thinking along the same lines with Byakuya fighting Hashwalt and him maybe proving to powerful for him to go it alone and him having to be assisted by Soi Fon (which would be a interesting combo). Though I freely admit that the moment Hitsugaya came back it kind of through me off since i'm not sure if he's going to actually do something or be served up as fodder. I'd been theorizing that the Royal Guard would turn traitor since Ichibei started ominously discussing how Juju beans being to strong to beat was what peace was about,(Juuju becoming Soul King kinda solidified that idea) which would give a few additional fights, while allowing Kubo to do his emotional flash back sequences for some of the remaining cast.

With 5 more fighters I think it would do pretty well, but Grimmjow, Aizen, Fullbringers and Yoruichi's brother and half of the Vizored laying around i'm expecting their to be another random pillar battle like during the War arc, where all the lieutenants got to have a random fight.

Ya_Idjits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken-chan is indeed a Rei-monster, but he's also not very bright, as well as a 1 trick pony. I'll give you that it's one helluva trick, but against someone of Byakuyas skill, and intelligence he will eventually lose. I will note that no captain class fighter not named Ichigo, ever had even the slightest amount of trouble cutting another. Truth be told if not for PIS Tousen should have murked him way back in the S.S. Arc. Byakuya is not just a master swordsman, but he is also a master in all the other shinigami disciplines. What's stopping him from spamming high level kido from beyond Zaraki's range until he's worn enough to finish off?, or using his Bankai the same way. For all those overrating Zaraki's resistance, let us remember that Zaraki unpatched was repeatedly murked by BASE Unopachi. Over, and over, and, over, each time he grew in power. If this fight is Post RG Byakuya and we look at the advancements by Rookia, and Renjifail, fighters that are entire tiers below Byakuya than logic dictates that Byakuya with a comperable boost should be more than powerful enough to down Zaraki.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Ill add you to the Bleach PM.

I had the same thought with Squad Zero. I think Hitsugaya is back so Kubo Hitsugaya. Remember when Shunsui was fighting Starkk and he even said that Hitsugaya could surpass him in a few years. With Shunsui revealing bankai, I think Kubo is going to uber Hitsugaya

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: Cool.

Honestly, I kinda felt they were implying Toshiro was going to be the Yamamoto of his day due to his Zanpakto hype, but that might just be me resisting the idea that Shunsui might have this big character moment overshadowed by Hitsugaya.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither fighter's true power is known right now. Have we seen Byakuya's Bankai? If we have it hasn't been showcased. I don't think they've shown his hands to let us know.

Raijin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do people forget that Kenpachi neve took off his eyepatch when he fought Gremmy?

Just saying it makes him look quite more powerful

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Byakuya just spams bankai attacks from range GG

Ya_Idjits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abyssdarkfire: exactly. Byakuya is far to smart to get into a "hack and slash" contest with Zaraki.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kenpachi

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only way I see Ken winning is through Gremmy-level PIS ("Oxygen is for weaklings!").

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jeepeh

@raijin6 said:

Do people forget that Kenpachi neve took off his eyepatch when he fought Gremmy?

Just saying it makes him look quite more powerful

I don't think we've seen Byakuya go Bankai at all since his upgrade either. Did he use it against mini-mimihagis or was that just his Shikai? I cannot recall.

Raijin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: well that´s true but if his bankai hasn´t changed it does not make as much of a difference as kenpachis eyepatch.

Avatar image for mafiaassassin12
MafiaAssassin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imma say Kenpachi. Bayakuya is a powerhouse but now that Kenpachi has learned Shikai it's just a matter of time until he's achieved Bankai and once that happens only a few characters from bleach will be able to handle him in a fight. Kenpachi wins!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Byakuya still stomps hard. Outside of PIS victories, Kenpachi is useless against opponents that raw power won't work on. His exchange with pernida makes that overwhelmingly clear. For some reason people refuse to see how useless the guy is. Give him someone to fight in a power matchup and he can win; otherwise, there's little he can do. Byakuya is seriously one of the worst opponents the guy can be matched against. Senbonzakura makes this an easy win for Byakuya.

batmanprep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By batmanprep

@vermillion0831: kenpachi faced hax people that had ways against raw power (gremmy who was basically mini-franklin richards) and won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanwithprep: come on friend, don't go there. That battle with gremmy was major PIS for reasons I explain in an earlier comment in this thread. If you have an actual explanation for how Kenpachi can actually overcome senbonzakura, then I'd love to hear it.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raijin6 said:

@jeepeh: well that´s true but if his bankai hasn´t changed it does not make as much of a difference as kenpachis eyepatch.

His Bankai hasn't changed form that we know of, but it's power level has massively spiked.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaraki.

MWAsura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MWAsura

Zaraki stomps.Byakuya is so fuckin arrogant but he's weak af close to characters like Zaraki.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Byakuya wins. He got a huge upgrade after training with the royal guard. to the point where he could kill multiple Sternritters easily.

Kenpachi gets cut up.

dyerfire9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenny mops the floor with Kuchki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Byakuya still wins and is probably a stomp.

SharpSpeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SharpSpeed

Kenpachi vs Byakuya. Hmmmmm....

Let's check stats:

Byakuya - defeats the 3 sternritters (includes As Nodt), a comeback after loss from As Nodt.

Known abilities:

Flash step (shunpo) Master

Bankai: Pink colored petal-sized blades

(if not the deadliest) one of his deadliest technique --> Senkei - Senbonzakura kageyoshi.

Combat State Levels: Basic Swordsmanship -> Shikai(Thousand blade fragments) -> Bankai(Thousand X Thousand blade fragments - with ultimate technique --> Senkei, and White Emperor Sword)

Kenpachi - acknowledged as one of the Five War Potentials by Wandenreich.

- was able to fight Unohana during his youth.

- Defeats Gremmy (although Gremmy was too retarded to use his abilities)

- Defeats Valkyrie (using his bankai)

- Yamamoto forced him to learn before officially joining the Gotei 13, though the training only lasted a day out of fear that Zaraki would become too powerful.

Known abilities:

Supernatural strength

Supernatural Endurance and durability

Deadliest technique - Kendo

Monstrous reiatsu (although Byakuya has also immense reiatsu but Kenpachi's is clearly on different level, probably near to base Aizen's, base Yamamoto's, Bankai's Shunsui's tier).

Combat State Levels:

-> Basic Swordsmanship - Eye-patched (used to seal his bulk of reiatsu to enjoy and prolong his fight to his opponents)

-> Basic Swordsmanship - Remove eye-patch(when the opponent is strong enough to compete)

-> Basic Swordsmanship - Kendo (used to kill an opponent when finally threatened).

-> Shikai(Nozarashi) - Greatly enhanced cutting power. (Personally I can call him One Slash Man hehehe)

-> Bankai(surprisingly it's Yachiru) - Exponentially increased in cutting/attack power, presumably far powerful than his shikai state. Can one slash the giant named Valkyrie.

Speculation:

Obviously Byakuya would use a carefully effective strategy to defeat Kenpachi and Kenpachi would come to byakuya with wild swings.

STAGE 1: Kenpachi (eye-patched: ON) vs Byakuya (Shikai state)

(reference: non-canon arc, i forgot the name of the arc, sorry) Wild swings, wild swings, wild swings,........ Byakuya dodges using his flash steps while Kenpachi trying to inflict damage, Byakuya inflicts minor injuries to Kenpachi, but Kenpachi nonchalantly laugh and tries to provoke Byakuya to use his bankai.

STAGE 2: Kenpachi (removes his eye-patch) vs Byakuya (Bankai state)

Both of these guys are fighting to death. Until Byakuya use his ultimate technique, the Senkei - Senbonzakura kageyoshi. While Kenpachi is cornered by Byakuya (presumably using his speed while circling around to perform stealth attacks to Kenpachi). Kenpachi is finally taking great damage! Now Kenpachi will use his Kendo to decimate the battle arena, and presumably all of the displayed swords will fly away.

STAGE 3: Kenpachi (using his both arms) vs Byakuya (Bankai state - White emperor sword)

(I don't think Kenpachi used his both hands to fight, he only uses his Kendo to kill the opponent when threatened but remember, this is only speculation)....

Kenpachi comes at Byakuya with wild swings using his both hands and Byakuya doesn't hold back.

Swords from both fighters clashed!!!!!

Kenpachi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|||||||||| <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Byakuya

Kenpachi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|||||||||| <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Byakuya

Kenpachi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|||||||||| <<<<<<<<< Byakuya

.....but Byakuya is persistent

Kenpachi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|||||||||| <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Byakuya

Kenpachi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|||||||||| <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Byakuya

.....both of the fighters almost drained their energy, but Kenpachi is resilient and have more stamina left.... Kenpachi thinks that their fight would not end if Byakuya is persistent despite of his drained stamina. So Kenpachi would attack one last swing to end the fight.

I think Kenpachi wins.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kenpachi is strongest of current gotei 13 he wins