Yamcha...why

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mortein

This Yamcha was on pair with Raditz, and much faster and more powerful than anyone before saiyan saga.

Kami,23rd budokai Goku and Piccolo, king Piccolo, Roshi, Tao are all inferior to Yamcha.

Yamcha was fighting so fast he was invisible to Gohan, until he learned to track people by locating their ki.

Loading Video...

Yamcha lacks quantifiable feats, like all DBZ characters do, but he also never had any luck, and was always surrounded by incomparably more powerful characters.

Don't discredit him so easily, like his father Akira did.

No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

Abit of a longshot, but hoping in the new episodes the human characters have a little more screen time doing stuff.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yamcha.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone wondering, Yusuke is a planet buster, which is above Raditz, or at least that's the assumption since Vegeta was the planet buster of the saiyan arc.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abit of a longshot, but hoping in the new episodes the human characters have a little more screen time doing stuff.

If Battle of the Gods is anything to go by....

For anyone wondering, Yusuke is a planet buster, which is above Raditz, or at least that's the assumption since Vegeta was the planet buster of the saiyan arc.

Nobody in yu yu hakusho has any legit feats in planet busting.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yusuke wins this pretty easily.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@wolfrazer said:

If Battle of the Gods is anything to go by....

@dratini1331 said:

Nobody in yu yu hakusho has any legit feats in planet busting.

And neither do any DBZ characters except Frieza, and that shot was pretty weak sauce. We can only go off claims and statements. @cadencev2 can do it better than I, but we can basically use the same feats we apply to others.

King Kai says Goku is a planet buster, so we say Goku is one. Genkai says Yusuke can, so he can.

Goku is stronger than a planetbuster so he's a planetbuster, King Yama in YYH can cause Global Mass destruction, and he's A class. S classes like Yusuke (who is one of the very top class S demons) are far above yama, so it stands to reason they could cause far more damage.

Based off the same feats on both sides, we have to accept Yusuke is a planetbuster, which makes him stronger than the saiyan saga Yamcha.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yusuke wins. Also inb4 the lock

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

No Caption Provided
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

the problem is the human fighters always looked bad because everyone is more powerful then them. but they are still some of the strongest fighters in the universe ( 50-100). if yamcha was < or = to raditz at this time and raditz was almost 10x stronger than roshi than there is a good chance he could have been a planet buster since roshi's strongest attack could destroy the moon

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the problem is the human fighters always looked bad because everyone is more powerful then them. but they are still some of the strongest fighters in the universe ( 50-100). if yamcha was < or = to raditz at this time and raditz was almost 10x stronger than roshi than there is a good chance he could have been a planet buster since roshi's strongest attack could destroy the moon

Problem with that logic is Yamcha cannot even destroy a Mountain or showed the strength, damage, or durability to do such.

Feats > Power Scaling.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feat represents one of the many inconsistencies seen throughout the Dragonball series. This is the reason why I don't think character from that series should be pitted up against any other character from any other universe... causes too many headaches in a debate.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Hyperlight

@cadencev2 said:

@hyperlight said:

Problem with that logic is Yamcha cannot even destroy a Mountain or showed the strength, damage, or durability to do such.

Feats > Power Scaling.

okay that makes sense bruh

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marshall_Long

@hyperlight said:

Feats > Power Scaling.

So by your logic Piccolo, Frieza and Buu are the strongest Characters in the series.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

power scaling does work in DBZ since the more energy you got the more destructive capability you have, so Yamcha is a moon buster wheter you believe it or not is a fact. But while I have a hard time seeing Yusuke being a planet buster I don't feel like re reading the manga or watch the anime

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yusuke stomps while trash talking.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@hyperlight said:

Feats > Power Scaling.

So by your logic Piccolo, Frieza and Buu are the strongest Characters in the series.

They are in feats and statements. Could Yamcha beat beat Frieza? Ever? No.... could Yamcha beat Sayain Saga Piccolo ever? No.....

Does Yamacha have Moon busting power? Yes (Explain below) Can he blow up a Moon? No (Explained below)

@jgames said:

power scaling does work in DBZ since the more energy you got the more destructive capability you have, so Yamcha is a moon buster wheter you believe it or not is a fact. But while I have a hard time seeing Yusuke being a planet buster I don't feel like re reading the manga or watch the anime

This is flat out wrong in many ways, the biggest is feats. Another way is Techniques and way he uses his Ki.

Goku could not use his Ki effectivly in any powerful blast till he learn the Kamehameha. Veggeta like wise uses the Final Flash or Galick Gun to do Planet Damage.

Yamcha may have the power (Ki) but in now way has the technique or way to use it to bust a planet or moon which is evident in the show. In fact Captain Ginyu and Goku interaction explains it best! You have to know how to use the energy and squeeze out what you can to maximize your power and outputs. King Kai taught the Spirit Bomb, why not just Planet blast every foe with his planet busting power? Becuase only the Kamehameha has that kind of technique to do so. Same with Frieza. Frieza could never use a Laser Beam ki attack to blow a planet. He used a SPECIFIC Technique to do so.

DBZ Fans seem to forget this or ignore it all together in DBZ debates.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jgames

@cadencev2: Yamcha knows kamekameha so he can destoy a moon, the more energy, the more you can destroy, so he can do more than what master roshi did since he is stronger, but since Yusuke is supposedly a planet buster he probaly win, but yamcha is a moon buster

Kobra678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kobra678

Yamcha wins this. IIRC his speed is way above Yusuke's. One Kamehameha should end this easily

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@cadencev2: Yamcha knows kamekameha so he can destoy a moon, the more energy, the more you can destroy, so he can do more than what master roshi did since he is stronger, but since Yusuke is supposedly a planet buster he probaly win, but yamcha is a moon buster

Oh yeah, he learn to use it and then never had the technique that he use, what, all 2-3 times in the whole series?

Surprising her never uses in any battle with the Sabai Men or Androids, but your right, he did learn it and yet cannot even shoot a energy ball in any of his battles with him.

No Caption Provided

But sure, we will go with the fact that Yamcha somehow equals Moon Buster (I am laughing so hard it it hurts) and can Moon Bust any foe with his awsome skill, speed, and durability.

Loading Video...

LOLOLOLOL Its funny cause its true!

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Off Topic-

How good is YuYu Hakusho on 10?I'm searching something to watch and i was wondering if its was worthing it because i'm not sure he looks like an rip off o.o.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sylvain: Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite anime and I highly recommend it. A lot of people call it a rip off, and I was one of them up until I actually watched the series and fell in love with it. It is far from a rip off, I firmly believe it is vastly superior to DBZ in terms of story and action.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Considering Master roshi can destroy the moon amd yamcha is stronger meaning he have more ki, means his kamekameha is stronger and he is a moon buster.

And why would Androids care about a moon buster attack when they stronger than Frieza who survived a planet explosion after half his body is gone and k.o by goku blast.

True, most fighter actually barely use their main energy attack heck, goku only used a kamekameha once in the cell fight and he was already exhausted, and the same with kid buu.

And LoL on the video

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jgames

@sylvain said:

-Off Topic-

How good is YuYu Hakusho on 10?I'm searching something to watch and i was wondering if its was worthing it because i'm not sure he looks like an rip off o.o.

No Caption Provided

Is more like Flame of Recca, which is no suprise since it was made by the same author

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@cadencev2:

Considering Master roshi can destroy the moon amd yamcha is stronger meaning he have more ki, means his kamekameha is stronger and he is a moon buster.

And why would Androids care about a moon buster attack when they stronger than Frieza who survived a planet explosion after half his body is gone and k.o by goku blast.

True, most fighter actually barely use their main energy attack heck, goku only used a kamekameha once in the cell fight and he was already exhausted, and the same with kid buu.

And LoL on the video

I suppose the point is in theory Yamcha should be a moon buster, he just never showed the potential in any way which horribly contradicts the DBZ power scaling physics it is built on.

I love the abridge episodes, Nappa was the best!

@jgames said:

@sylvain said:

-Off Topic-

No Caption Provided

Is more like Flame of Recca, which is no suprise since it was made by the same author

Flame of Recca was first?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames:

There must be some way we can make Yamcha a decent fighter...

Wait I've got it!

No Caption Provided
morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marshall_long said:
@cadencev2 said:
@hyperlight said:

Feats > Power Scaling.

They are in feats and statements. Could Yamcha beat beat Frieza? Ever? No.... could Yamcha beat Sayain Saga Piccolo ever? No.....

Does Yamacha have Moon busting power? Yes (Explain below) Can he blow up a Moon? No (Explained below)

@jgames said:

This is flat out wrong in many ways, the biggest is feats. Another way is Techniques and way he uses his Ki.

Goku could not use his Ki effectivly in any powerful blast till he learn the Kamehameha. Veggeta like wise uses the Final Flash or Galick Gun to do Planet Damage.

Yamcha may have the power (Ki) but in now way has the technique or way to use it to bust a planet or moon which is evident in the show. In fact Captain Ginyu and Goku interaction explains it best! You have to know how to use the energy and squeeze out what you can to maximize your power and outputs. King Kai taught the Spirit Bomb, why not just Planet blast every foe with his planet busting power? Becuase only the Kamehameha has that kind of technique to do so. Same with Frieza. Frieza could never use a Laser Beam ki attack to blow a planet. He used a SPECIFIC Technique to do so.

Yamcha has excellent Ki control, it's hinted that he may have the best of any human. He created that attack where he can literally control his ki bomb after he throws it, and debuted it in DB, so he's had great Ki control for a long time.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokergeist said:
@marshall_long said:
@cadencev2 said:
@hyperlight said:

Feats > Power Scaling.

@jgames said:

Yamcha has excellent Ki control, it's hinted that he may have the best of any human. He created that attack where he can literally control his ki bomb after he throws it, and debuted it in DB, so he's had great Ki control for a long time.

Not to mention Frieaza literally use his hand to simply blow up the planet, you do not need specific technique to destroy a planet, not to mention Piccolo destroy the moon with a simple ki blast, so again IDK what he was talking about and this is a stupid thread.

Saiyan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yamcha (DBS) stomps this but this is Saiyan Saga Yamcha

That Yusuke (EoS) wins mid difficulty in this fight