#1 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

With the string of Yu Yu Hakusho threads that have been popping up I decided to make one of my own. These threads have mostly turned out to be stomps in Yu Yu Hakushos favor due to its characters really being in a class of their own. They're not DBZ level, but they would destroy most of the Shonen Trinity. They're not Superman level, but they would destroy characters like Thing. And Yusuke Urameshi is the king of that class. So, who, in comics or manga could actually give Yusuke an even fight?

Rules:

- Pick a character who you think would give Yusuke even fight. It doesn't really matter who wins or loses but you can specify your choice

- Others can chime in and support or argue choices

- This is EOTS Yusuke

- Morals Off

- No prep

#2 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11527 posts) - - Show Bio

...maybe Jotaro Kujo?

IDK I don;t remember Yu-Yu,that well.

#3 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18424 posts) - - Show Bio

Yusuke could go toe to toe with Superman or Goku IMO if you gave him the ability to fly or took their ability to fly out of the equation. That's really the only thing that have that is a distinct advantage. Yusuke can match them in every other cateogry in speed, strength, ki blasts/heat visions, durability ...etc. He's a legitimate planet buster and EOS he's only 18 years old. YYH strength levels are pretty serious.

Not counting other characters from YYH - Alucard from Hellsing is another anime/manga powerhouse will an insane pool of abilities. His Post-Schrodinger EOS form is not even worth debating 99% of the time because he's an omnipresent being at that point. Pre-Schrodinger vs Yusuke would be one hell of a fight.

There are also a number of god-like beings such a Kami Tenchi (omnipresent, omnipotent) that would wipe the floor with Yusuke. Saint Seiya, Dark Schneider or Gurren Lagaan are all galaxy busters and would also beat him.

You also have a hugely powerful reality warper like The Lord of Nightmares who can create universes or even Haruhi Suzumiya who can do the same, although she's not aware of her abilities lol.

#5 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Frieza Saga DBZ Characters. SS1 Goku and 100% Frieza would be good matches. Regardless what fans believe, DBZ feats and showings suggest Frieza can only blow a planet by nuking its core. DBZ feats suggest there are mostly Hyper sonic and not Light Speed or around Lightning Speed at the most. In a straight fight, they match up well.

Thats it as far I can tell from Mangas.

#6 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Well I don't want characters that would beat him, I want characters that can fight with him evenly. And I disagree with him being a match for Superman or Goku. What strength feats does he have that makes you think he can lift upwards of millions/billions of tons? What durability feat does he have that would suggest he can survive being punched from space to earth? What destruction feat does he have that can compete with planet busting? I know you're basing this off S-Class demons being 'supposed' planet busters but from what I recall that statement is commonly misinterpreted. Instead of being planet busters, S class demons are life-wipers. As in, they could wipe humanity from the face of the earth, military and all. Nothing they performed in the Manga suggest their power levels are high enough to planet bust. 'Destroy' the earth? Yes, because destroy can be a fairly loose term in this respect...

#7 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Frieza Saga DBZ Characters. SS1 Goku and 100% Frieza would be good matches. Regardless what fans believe, DBZ feats and showings suggest Frieza can only blow a planet by nuking its core. DBZ feats suggest there are mostly Hyper sonic and not Light Speed or around Lightning Speed at the most. In a straight fight, they match up well.

I agree with the Freiza and speed statements but i'm not completely convinced Yusuke can match them. Frieza was casually destroying islands....but I can be convinced...

Oh, and to elaborate @fallschirmjager: I assumed you were using Goku at his strongest i.e SSJ3 Goku

#8 Posted by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku has a few lightspeed feats in Dragon Ball, and it's generally accepted that by the Freeza Saga, he is well into FTL combat speed.

I would say King Piccolo is very even with Yusuke.

#9 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

Raditz, perhaps? A whole lot of people say Raditz will probably win, but it'll be a tough match..

#10 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Neh, I think Yusuke would stomp him

@princearagorn1: Neh, I don't think Raditz would really be a match...

When I said DBZ, I meant upper level from Namek saga on btw

#11 Edited by Dredeuced (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Nuking a planet's core would be the absolute hardest way to destroy a planet. That's literally the most durable part of the planet. Atleast Earth-like planets with big ol chunks of iron in the middle.

#12 Posted by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Nuking a planet's core would be the absolute hardest way to destroy a planet. That's literally the most durable part of the planet. Atleast Earth-like planets with big ol chunks of iron in the middle.

lol

#13 Posted by Dredeuced (5720 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Cooldes (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

^

anyway, i personally don't think yusuke is Goku or Supes level truthfully. I even take the S class as planet busting thing as true amd i don't think he could hold up against even ssj. First form frieza was destroying planets, Ssj > Final form frieza.

#15 Edited by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Date_Masamune (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yusuke's in a class of his own he either stomps or he gets stomped.

#17 Posted by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

Off Topic: Goku, Frieza and etc even during the Frieza Saga arc would murderstomp Yusuke.

#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@neongamewave:

He'L Stomps

@date_masamune said:

Seems so lol

How would H`el be able to stomp Yusuke who can transform into his Mazoku form which magnifies as well as heavily amplifies his already mountain busting + strength and massively hypersonic speed?

#20 Edited by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Why you lolin me bro? :(

No, it's just that I've seen that argument so many times, and people were always so sure of themselves, about DBZ characters only nuking the core, and you just shot the whole thing down instantly.

#21 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@neongamewave:

He'L Stomps

@date_masamune said:

Seems so lol

How would H`el be able to stomp Yusuke who can transform into his Mazoku form which magnifies as well as heavily amplifies his already mountain busting + strength and massively hypersonic speed?

Wait...really? H'El has planetary+ strength, speed that took Superman by surprise, matter manipulation, teleportation and more. He would destroy Yusuke

#22 Edited by Dredeuced (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@dredeuced said:

No, it's just that I've seen that argument so many times, and people were always so sure of themselves, about DBZ characters only nuking the core, and you just shot the whole thing down instantly.

Yeah. I mean the easiest way would just be to hit the planet with something big like the a moon sized object so it breaks into pieces and drifts apart or tear it up with gravity (bigger planets can rip apart stuff like the earth with gravity).

Trying to blow it up with an exploding ball with the surface area of anything DBZ characters have ever shot would require an astronomically inefficient level of energy to just blow up the core and have the rest of the planet follow suit.

#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced said:

Not really. Frieza failed to even easily destroy the Core in his fight for Goku, so the whole Power to destroy a planet is true, is not the same way as say a single blast that easily blows it up. It took Frieza alot of hard work. That is my point.

Also in Warhammer 40K Planets are nukes all the time with Melta Head Torpedos. Burns hot as the sun and easily melts through any iron crust of a planets to reach the core. Big Freaking Deal!

DBZ Frieza and SS1 Goku not impressive as Planet Busters.

#24 Posted by kyrees (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@dredeuced said:

Yeah. I mean the easiest way would just be to hit the planet with something big like the a moon sized object so it breaks into pieces and drifts apart or tear it up with gravity (bigger planets can rip apart stuff like the earth with gravity).

Trying to blow it up with an exploding ball with the surface area of anything DBZ characters have ever shot would require an astronomically inefficient level of energy to just blow up the core and have the rest of the planet follow suit.

the manga is inconsistent enough, the anime is even more terrible with that. the anime has vegeta destroying a planet with a finger energy beam and then we see a bigass pink energy ball from a 100% freeza casually destroy another planet since it was deflected away with a push and punch by SSJ goku

back to topic: maybe asura in his mantra(prajna) form can fight urameshi considering he's at least an island buster in that form

#25 Posted by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@dredeuced said:

Not really. Frieza failed to even easily destroy the Core in his fight for Goku, so the whole Power to destroy a planet is true, is not the same way as say a single blast that easily blows it up. It took Frieza alot of hard work. That is my point.

Also in Warhammer 40K Planets are nukes all the time with Melta Head Torpedos. Burns hot as the sun and easily melts through any iron crust of a planets to reach the core. Big Freaking Deal!

DBZ Frieza and SS1 Goku not impressive as Planet Busters.

So manga isn't allowed to have PIS? Whenever something happens in a comic that we don't like, it's instantly PIS. Since Manga is written by one author it usually doesn't have as much PIS, but it can still have some. PIS is plot induced stupidity after all, every long running piece of fiction is going to have it at some point. We already saw Freeza destroy planet Vegeta easily, a planet that was much bigger/denser than Namek. And we also know that Saiyan Saga Vegeta was a planet buster thanks to both that filler scene (if you count it) and also his fight with Goku. Why would we disregard all that in favor of the one instance on Namek? Characters are casual planet busters by the Freeza saga, deal with it foo'. King Piccolo makes Yusuke his B!t$h effortlessly whilst stomping the curb with extra extra spite on the side.

#26 Posted by Shiryu (3705 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok from Marvel, maybe?

Wonder Woman, perhaps?

I don't know...

#27 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

I disagree with anybody below first form frieza was a planet buster even with Vegeta 'claiming' he would destroy earth during his fight with Goku. DBZ is full of hyperbole and despite what people think, you actually can't simply apply abc logic to every character unless you want to contradict yourself somewhere down down the road. Also, how does King Piccolo defeat Yusuke? It's been a while since Dragon Ball.

#28 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: He might be a good fight...feats?

@shiryu: Havok.....IDK didn't he receive a massive power increase? And Wonder Woman destroys yusuke lol

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

I disagree with anybody below first form frieza was a planet buster even with Vegeta 'claiming' he would destroy earth during his fight with Goku. DBZ is full of hyperbole and despite what people think, you actually can't simply apply abc logic to every character unless you want to contradict yourself somewhere down down the road. Also, how does King Piccolo defeat Yusuke? It's been a while since Dragon Ball.

DBZ doesn't have many hyperboles, people just like to scream that excuse every time a character says they can do something. It was more than just Vegeta claiming he could destroy the planet; he already had the attack charged up, and was daring Goku to dodge it. Goku himself confirmed that it would destroy the Earth unless he stopped it - if it wasn't a planet buster why didn't he just dodge it?

My remarks about Piccolo were just meant to get on Cadence's nerves :P

#30 Posted by Shiryu (3705 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

So manga isn't allowed to have PIS? Whenever something happens in a comic that we don't like, it's instantly PIS. Since Manga is written by one author it usually doesn't have as much PIS, but it can still have some. PIS is plot induced stupidity after all, every long running piece of fiction is going to have it at some point. We already saw Freeza destroy planet Vegeta easily, a planet that was much bigger/denser than Namek. And we also know that Saiyan Saga Vegeta was a planet buster thanks to both that filler scene (if you count it) and also his fight with Goku. Why would we disregard all that in favor of the one instance on Namek? Characters are casual planet busters by the Freeza saga, deal with it foo'. King Piccolo makes Yusuke his B!t$h effortlessly whilst stomping the curb with extra extra spite on the side.

Except in Frieza blowing up Vegeta the Author never showed or stated many things.

1) Is Vegeta alot smaller than Namek? Must have been.

2) Vegeta have a softer Crust than Namek or Earth! Most Planets have different makeups you know.

3) How easy did Frieza blow it up? We never seen the whole process. Just Frieza throwing a ball and then a zoom away shot of the planet blowing. Did it take minuets! Seconds! HOURS! Its vague as F**K!

Burn.....

#32 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@nickzambuto:

DBZ doesn't have many hyperboles, people just like to scream that excuse every time a character says they can do something. It was more than just Vegeta claiming he could destroy the planet; he already had the attack charged up, and was daring Goku to dodge it. Goku himself confirmed that it would destroy the Earth unless he stopped it - if it wasn't a planet buster why didn't he just dodge it?

My remarks about Piccolo were just meant to get on Cadence's nerves :P

Would it destroy earth or wreck the planet to leave it in too bad shape for life to live! We never seen it happen only stated. Since Yuske is STATED to wreck Planets in 3 different people, he should Pwn SS1 Goku and Frieza. After all he was stated 3 times that a single S Class can destroy the earth!

Burn again.

#33 Posted by Date_Masamune (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yusuke isn't beating a SSJ Goku or Frieza hyperbole or not he isn't even fast enough to keep up with them.

#34 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yusuke isn't beating a SSJ Goku or Frieza hyperbole or not he isn't even fast enough to keep up with them.

Proof? This is the blond DBZ Fanboyism that got it ban. Where is your proof of Goku Speed? Speed Calc? Anything?

As far as you know he is barely Mach 20. Yuske been speed Calc around Mach 104-250 on different calcs. Goku has no reliable Speed calcs to judge from. He has no stated speed by his own Old Timers creator.

Seriously....

#35 Posted by High_Father_BatGod (92 posts) - - Show Bio

ridzen

#36 Posted by PieHole (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Yusuke has the potential to planet bust. Raizen's his ancestor after all and he was shaking the earth with his aura from the demon world!

#37 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it hard to believe that yusuke could go any higher than saiyan saga vegeta, both have the potential to planet bust, though..

#38 Posted by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@neongamewave:

He'L Stomps

@date_masamune said:

Seems so lol

Wait...really? H'El has planetary+ strength, speed that took Superman by surprise, matter manipulation, teleportation and more. He would destroy Yusuke

I am aware of H`el`s abilities as well as feats that currently have been shown, he is powerful no doubt but Yusuke can match him with his demonic energy and can counter his teleportation with his speed as as well as atmospheric sense. New 52 Superman isn`t really all that impressive so taking him by surprise shouldn`t attribute to that of him taking Yusuke by surprise, Yusuke himself has taken many by surprise who were actually capable of doing more damage than him in the heat of battle.

#39 Edited by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta is a planet buster by the Namek Saga, people are forgetting about Ki Sense which allows DBZ characters to sense energy levels, destructive capability and even the exact life force of an individual.

Off Topic: Yusuke would get wrecked by a SSJ1 Goku and I`m a huge Yu Yu Hakusho fan.

#40 Posted by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Except in Frieza blowing up Vegeta the Author never showed or stated many things.

1) Is Vegeta alot smaller than Namek? Must have been.

2) Vegeta have a softer Crust than Namek or Earth! Most Planets have different makeups you know.

3) How easy did Frieza blow it up? We never seen the whole process. Just Frieza throwing a ball and then a zoom away shot of the planet blowing. Did it take minuets! Seconds! HOURS! Its vague as F**K!

Burn.....

Vegeta was a LOT bigger than Earth, or at least, a lot denser since it's gravity was 10 times stronger.

And no, it did not take hours. We see the whole thing; Freeze shoots blast, planet instantly begins tearing apart, Freeza starts laughing.

#41 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: How about the official manga instead of the lame filler of DBZ Anime?! In the Anime Vegeta blows up a planet with 2 fingers. Yet that was Anime Filler.

Manga please >_>

#42 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez, what's with this yusuke overestimation? Vegeta at least has a claim at planet busting in manga, while actually did so in anime.. where is yusuke's?

#43 Posted by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: How about the official manga instead of the lame filler of DBZ Anime?! In the Anime Vegeta blows up a planet with 2 fingers. Yet that was Anime Filler.

Manga please >_>

#44 Posted by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

Manga please >_>

Pretty sure there are scans of that. Is @ximpossibrux still around? Help me out brah.

#45 Posted by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Manga please >_>

Pretty sure there are scans of that. Is @ximpossibrux still around? Help me out brah.

I provided the scans.

#46 Posted by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez, what's with this yusuke overestimation? Vegeta at least has a claim at planet busting in manga, while actually did so in anime.. where is yusuke's?

This man raises a valid point. Your argument is basically that since Freeza isn't a planet buster, than Yusuke MUST be on his level! Even if you wanna argue the planet busting feats, what puts Yusuke on Freeza's level anyway?

@neongamewave Oh, nice ^.^

#47 Edited by NeonGameWave (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

I agree 100%.

#48 Posted by GhostRavage (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Yusuke's strength feats to put him on Superman's tier?

#49 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: There really is nothing solid there in timeframe or size of Vegeta to Earth.

So why is it such a solid feat in facts?

@princearagorn1 said:

This man raises a valid point. Your argument is basically that since Freeza isn't a planet buster, than Yusuke MUST be on his level! Even if you wanna argue the planet busting feats, what puts Yusuke on Freeza's level anyway?

@neongamewave Oh, nice ^.^

To Prince, he stated he could bust a planet, S Classes were stated by 3 different sources/people they could take out a planet.

Speed

Here Yuske nearly breaks the City Size Battlefield flexing!

Yuske moves so fast that he can Speed Blitz A and S Class demons in a near instant.

Well, here is some good math calcs.

Sensui Speed (Which was inferior to Yuske's in the battle) was Around Mach 50+

Then Yuske after training more than doubling his power for the 3 Kings Saga.

Here is one. Mach 357.

Here is another lowballing at Mach 102.

Fact is Yuske is clearly between Mach 100-350 during 3 Kings.

S Classes are Hinted as Planet killers.

S Classes are planetary killers.

Here Yuske nearly breaks the City Size Battlefield flexing! This Battlefield is the Size of Tampa Bay!

Yuske Spirit Gun leaves a 500 foot deep Gash way over the Horizen.

Yuske Spirit Gun as a way weaker B Class Demon was City Busting in size.

B Class Yuske Spirit gun is as large as the Island (Mounatin and all) they are fighting on!

Here is a Spirit Gun that reaches into Orbit.

Here Yuske Blows away another super large Mountain, not a small one, a large one.

Strength Speed and power of a S Class Demon.

Here the weaker Sensui had to hold his power back to not destroy the earth as Yusuke says and feels. Why would he hold back his power? Because he was afraid of damaging the Planet with his Aura!

Yuske is busting Mountains with a punch.

Yuske so powerful he makes Tornados with his Punches!

Sensui as a S Class and busting Mountains with a punch could not kill the A Class Kurama, Kurabara, or Hiei in a 10 minuet beatdown.

As S Classes there Durability is greater.

The weak S Class Sensui remains unaffected by the Japan Earthquaking energy of Koenma with ease.

Hiei gets some bruise ribs from a attack with the force of a Nuke.

King Yamma is a mere A Class demon of the Spirit Plane and his power is so great when he throws Temper tantrums the effects of that power is felt in the more fragile Human Plane as terrible natural disasters and 6.0 earthquakes!

Now with that in mind. This guy is so powerful yet S clss demons are proven by far stronger.

The Only defense Spirit World has for Earth is not strength of Offense, but Defense.

There is a reason why Demon plane is hundreds times more vast than the earth Plane, it is to contain the power and energies of the S Class Demons there.

Even Genkai states Yususke can destroy the planet.

So you see, it is pretty clear a powerful S class can Planet destroy or wreck Earth with effort.

Add to this healing.

Also Yuske has spirit Healing that can heal Holes in his body in seconds!

All thanks to Genkai's Training.

Wow, look feats we can judge of from and multiple statements as well.

#50 Edited by nickzambuto (14138 posts) - - Show Bio