Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Static Shock

My Skyrim character wins.. 

High-end destruction magic + plus dragonshouts beats firearms any day. 

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Static Shock said:
My Skyrim character wins..  High-end destruction magic + plus dragonshouts beats firearms any day. 
Well stated. 

My Skyrim character would be victorious as well.
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Static Shock said:

My Skyrim character wins.. High-end destruction magic + plus dragonshouts beats firearms any day.

@Illuminatus said:

@Static Shock said:
My Skyrim character wins.. High-end destruction magic + plus dragonshouts beats firearms any day.
Well stated. My Skyrim character would be victorious as well.

Couldnt LW spam with mini nuke

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@slacker the hacker said:

@Static Shock said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Static Shock said:

"Mini nuke"? I never got very far in Fallout 3...
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illuminatus said:

@Static Shock said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Static Shock said:

"Mini nuke"? I never got very far in Fallout 3...
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@slacker the hacker: That's awesome. But alas, I never ventured far enough into the game with my character to come across that weapon.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Fallout character wins.....sniper..

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Soulstealer

@OmegaDynasty said:

It depends on if sniper beats dragon...

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Soulstealer said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

Well, lets ask Snake fro MGS when he fought against dragons in Peace Walkers Monster Hunter game. lol 

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stompa

Well in an open battle scenario my Skyrim character wins. Since it's in an old western town i think it's some kind off shootout. In this case my Fallout char has the advantage of energy weapons that will kill with one or two hits but my Skyrim char has two ways of closing the gap: getting invisible with Nocturnals spell and sneak to the enemy and then stab him. Or using the slow time shout and rush him before he can do anything.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By emperorznb

@OmegaDynasty said:

@Soulstealer said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

Well, lets ask Snake fro MGS when he fought against dragons in Peace Walkers Monster Hunter game. lol

Exactly!!! Until he took an arrow to the knee by the real monster hunter players.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Saren

My Fallout character wins since my Skyrim character doesn't exist.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

100 big guns + experimental MIRV + VATS > arrows

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Soulstealer

@emperorznb said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

@Soulstealer said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

Exactly!!! Until he took an arrow to the knee by the real monster hunter players.

lol

Still Falllout me has to deal with Conjurer, assassin, ranger, mage, blacksmith, enchanter, alchemist me. (I really couldn't decide on my build and ended up going nuts, thus having the skills to create it my skills also went nuts). So for all the awesome guns Fallout has going and VATS (even with mysterious stranger) I think Skyrim me takes this rather handily.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tony_Shark

I actually feel the need to say that most Fallout characters will win :D

Firearms are much deadlier, and Fallout has insane guns (Gauss rifle, Anti-material rifle, Experimental MIRV, Fat Man, Missiles, all kinds of lasers)

Not to mention that unarmed gloves are clearly superior than any meele weapon in Skyrim (displacer glove, Ballistic fist, etc.)

Not to mention VATS. So if your character has high agility, and luck (for critical hits), then you have an awesome advantage.

Fallout FTW

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tony_Shark said:

I actually feel the need to say that most Fallout characters will win :D

Firearms are much deadlier, and Fallout has insane guns (Gauss rifle, Anti-material rifle, Experimental MIRV, Fat Man, Missiles, all kinds of lasers)

Not to mention that unarmed gloves are clearly superior than any meele weapon in Skyrim (displacer glove, Ballistic fist, etc.)

Not to mention VATS. So if your character has high agility, and luck (for critical hits), then you have an awesome advantage.

Fallout FTW

I agree. I had an unarmed character who used energy weapons as a sidearm; by the end of F3 and F3NV, he was tearing limbs off with a jab, and disintegrating anyone he had to blast. My Skyrim character is pretty strong, but I think while he is preparing to yell, a displacer fist-empowered punch would tear his head off his body.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock

Forgot about that weapon. >_< 

But, the Become Ethereal Dragonshout (maxed out) could help against that. No damage would be taken. 

@Stompa said:

getting invisible with Nocturnals spell and sneak to the enemy and then stab him. Or using the slow time shout and rush him before he can do anything.

...FTW! I don't think the Fallout character has anything against this. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

While people are talking about energy energy weapons, lightning spells can disintegrate targets, frost spells paralyzes target, and flame spells make targets flee. There's even a shout that would make Fallout guy drop his weapons. 

Briancolding2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Briancolding2

My fallout character. My skyrim character spends most of his time in jail, and has nothing because I escape a lot. On the other hand, my fallout character.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock: Well, we were asked to pit our Fallout character(s) vs our Skyrim character(s). My Fallout character is a Mage, and the more powerful Master level magic spells takes longer to charge than it does to fire an energy bullet with the Alien Blaster or use unarmed combat techniques. Without patches, magic is kind of weak in Skyrim. Heck, most warriors can actually outperform mages simply by investing in the Enchanting and Alchemy trees, while a Mage would need to get to a high enough skill level to maximize an element to get the perks. IIRC the Disintegration/Paralyze/Fleeing abilities of the spells requires Destruction Skill of 70/60/50 respectively; not many characters get that high. Also, the basic attack spells, even with impact, won't kill a target as fast as an energy weapon, which can be fired accurately from a greater range.

This reminds me to load up Fallout:NV again! :) Currently playing "Dark Souls".

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BringnIt

At range, Fallout. In close, Skyrim.

Azrael66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azrael66

The only threat to my Skyrim char would be Mini-Nuke. But then, I have a Shout for that. ;)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock
@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Without patches, magic is kind of weak in Skyrim. Heck, most warriors can actually outperform mages simply by investing in the Enchanting and Alchemy trees, while a Mage would need to get to a high enough skill level to maximize an element to get the perks. IIRC the Disintegration/Paralyze/Fleeing abilities of the spells requires Destruction Skill of 70/60/50 respectively; not many characters get that high.

My magic is actually pretty potent, and my character has all of those perks. Many characters don't get that high either because the player desires not to (meaning that they don't use magic at all), is interested in leveling other skills, or player doesn't play the game long enough. With a game as long as Skyrim, achieving a high Destruction level isn't difficult. Besides, how do you know if characters can or cannot get that high? I did it, apparently. I don't see why anyone else wouldn't.
_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Psy_

Fos Ro Dah + Destruction spamming = Dead hobo(I never amounted to anything on Fallout)

Bernicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bernicky

sniper+energy weapons+automatic weapons+grenades+mini nukes=fallout obliterates skyrim

albeit i just started my skyrim character like 3 days ago lol

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Army2442

Cant yourfallout 3 character just stop time using the V.A.T.S. system and one shot the skyrim character

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By spystreak

well considering my Fallout character is at an extremely high level and a very talented sniper he pwns I also have the MIRV and 250 mini nukes and the launcher launches a bundle of them so he nuclear stomps my Skyrim character also it doesn't help my skyrim character is only level 3 or 4

kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kajitatsu

My character used to be an adventurer like you, then it took an arrow in the knee. Imagine what a firearm would do.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skyfire

My Skyrim character would win easily, a better battle would be my Oblivion character vs my Skyrim character. That I can't decide.

Killerjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Killerjax

Skyrim me stomps.

Slow time + Conjure dremora lord + destruction spells + Fus ro dah = Instant ko.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

My fallout character.....would have no one to fight and would win by default XD

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeathsHead2

My Fallout 3 Chracter FTW! He was a Maxed Class (with ALL the expansions) "Good" Vault Dweller, with nigh unbreakable armor (Arctic Power-suit), ALL stats/traits maxed out, and I had atleast one of EVERY weapon in the game at top condition plus a rediculous amount of ammo. And, as others have stated before, mini-nuke > magic. 'Nuff Said!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

Stop Time > Anything in Fallout.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DeathsHead2

VATS System = Stop time! ;)

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By redhood21

my skyrim dude is still a little nublet who runs around killing people for better armoring. my fallout 3 character is unstoppable in his armor and plasma guns.f 3

and my Old Republic sith kills them both :D

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

My Runescape character could kill my fallout character, I don't really have any explosive weopons so my RS character would turn on the protect from missile prayer, that combined with my rune/granite armor...

The fight would go something like this *Ping ping ping ping* *Walk walk walk* *Ping ping ping* *Slash*

The fact that I stink at shooters doesn't help XD.

butcher_pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By butcher_pete

VATS + Experimental Mirv = No More Dovahkiin

VATS + Unarmed Attack = Paralyzed Dovahkiin, ready to be pummeled.

Fallout character wins.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock

@DeathsHead2 said:

VATS System = Stop time! ;)

VATS is a gameplay mechanic. It's not an actual ability. It would only grant the character increased accuracy by targeting body parts. Time within the story doesn't actually stop when using it. The game pauses, allowing you to make your selections for an attack.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By geraldthesloth

Distance apart?

Either way I'm sure the Fallout character could win.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Obtrusive

I havn't finished either game, and in fall out 3 im almost out of ammo and stuck.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By steelhound56

It would be an epic battle...

My Skyrim character kills dragons very quickly with an enchanted daedric battleaxe, and regular characters die in one hit. He knows all the Shouts, with most of them maxed out. Id say my Skyrim character will make an awful mess of my Fallout character if he can get close.

My Fallout character is maxed out, with top notch Power Armor and tons of heavy weapons. VATS and super long range sniping weapons will def. put him at an advantage in ranged combat.

Its a toss up between the two, it really depends on how much Dovahkiin can tank before he gets close enough to tear my Fallout guy asunder

Avatar image for demifiendreturns
demifiendreturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By demifiendreturns

my fallout character wins. 

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By _Zombie_

Well.. my best Fallout character has almost every unique weapon, all of the player-created ones, a large amount of the normal weapons, and the Chinese Stealth Suit.. and my Skyrim character doesn't have any detect life spells yet. My Fallout character also has a gun skill, energy weapons skill, and stealth skill of 100. Translate that to canon skills, and you have someone who, if undetectable.. is going to ruin someone's day. So, my Fallout character takes it.

Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sega_Shaman

Hurm. My main Skyrim guy is mainly a Necro-Monk (an unarmed-fighting necromancer) that has recently taken up two-weapon fighting (and has stupidly good poisons and enchantments). My main Fallout guy is usually a sniper, but also likes melee and pistols, and always wears the stealth suit. Unfortunately, he maxed out more non-combat skills (science for example) than combat skills. My Fallout guy might win if he uses stealth and range, since my Necro-Monk doesn't have any life detection spells or shouts, but if the first hit doesn't kill, Skyrim goes ethereal and charges Fallout down with poisoned, double-enchanted, improved daedric weapons.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Ferro Vida

This could lead to a fairly interesting philosophical discussion for me. I don't have a Fallout 3 character, so does that mean my Skyrim character can never win? Has he already won? Or is he doomed to wander for eternity, waiting for a battle that will never happen?