#1 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, this is not 100% battle, it's more like a search for a Marvel powerhouse that can move at least large chuck of Earth.

So:

- Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter will be moving the identical copy of the Earth as it was happen in comic (Nothing changed here)

- Due to Marvel's powerhouses physical inferiority (generally) compared to DC's powerhouses, I'll allow 6 people on Marvel team

- No quantitative imagination is needed, but if you speculate the team can move the Earth considerably far in 24 hours, then that's all done.

- Direct competition with the JLAs is not necessary, just as long as those 6 guys can move the Earth

Setup:

- There'll be two copies of the Earth, one dragged by 3 JLAs, and one dragged by 6 Marvel powerhouses

- There'll be cosmic highway in space for flightless character to walk on

- Characters will pull the Earth via ropes that is designed for moving planets

- Neglect the oxygen requirement

Goal:

- Post the 6 Marvel powerhouse that can move the Earth away from the Sun considerably far in 24 hours

- Beat or at least be on par with 3 JLAs in moving another identical copy of the Earth

Rule:

- No cosmic entities

- Powerhouses only

- Again, maximum of 6 characters only

- Any version of character is fine as long as it's in 616 (ie. classic, current) as long as it will not conflict with the other rules

- Can only use raw strength to move planet only, so something akin to telekinesis are not allowed

- If the characters possessed powers other then super strength and durability, they can't use it

- If the mentioned powerhouse gain additional strength from external sources (ie. Juggernaut), but as long as that make them famous for the title of being powerhouse, then it's allow. (ie. Dr. Strange wishing himself for planet-moving strength is not allow, reality warping for power is not allowed also)

Feel free to discuss about each other's proposal

I'm glad to change the OP, if they're many members agreed that they're flaw or thing I should change to make this battle fairer or easier: satisfactions guaranteed

#2 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Hercules and World Breaker Hulk

#3 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

What counts as a cosmic entities like anyone from space

#4 Posted by BigCimmerian (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos, but if you insist on using 6 characters than Beta Ray Bill, Hercules, Gladiator, World Breaker Hulk, Thor and Sentry, and they could pull the Earth faster and further than 3 JLA powerhouses

#5 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Is RKT cosmic? What about chaos War Herc, they are simply amped up versions?

#6 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

Which versions of Superman WW and MM are this?

#7 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt may solo

#8 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

Which versions of Superman WW and MM are this?

Doesn't really matter much, we're just go by and compare to this event:

#9 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

What counts as a cosmic entities like anyone from space

Like Galactus or any abstract such as Eternity, Infinity, etc.

Heralds of Galactus and other aliens doesn't constitute as cosmic entities, some people might considers Silver Surfer as powerhouse, which I don't really know about that.

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Has Thor moved the entire Earth before? Has anyone solely on strength moved an Earth sized planet on their own?

#11 Posted by Daddy_Cool_Dude (309 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thor in Warrior's Madness state

2. Hercules

3. Gladiator

4. Sentry

5. World Breaker Hulk

6. Beta Ray Bill

Still with doubts

#12 Posted by Daddy_Cool_Dude (309 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: I doubt Thor is that strong. He barely could lift Asgard with his own strength.

#13 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks: ok so thor Collosanut giant man beta ray bill Apocalypse and for fun SS

#14 Posted by Ms. Omega (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

King Hyperion, World Breaker Hulk, Blue Marvel, Sentry, Hercules, Juggernaut

#15 Posted by BigCimmerian (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@BigCimmerian: Has Thor moved the entire Earth before? Has anyone solely on strength moved an Earth sized planet on their own?

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

@BigCimmerian: I doubt Thor is that strong. He barely could lift Asgard with his own strength.

Thor moved Yggdrasil the World Tree which holds 9 worlds, it's weight is probably like 10-20 planets

#16 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@KnightRise said:

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Thor moved Yggdrasil the World Tree which holds 9 worlds, it's weight is probably like 10-20 planets

Nine worlds or nine realms? Its a big difference 10 planets with quantfiable weight and the abstract concept of realms. Was he aided by magic, Odin Force, what? Not denying he did it, but I've never seen anyone cite the action as a testament to Thor's strength.

#17 Posted by BigCimmerian (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@KnightRise said:

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Nine worlds or nine realms? Its a big difference 10 planets with quantfiable weight and the abstract concept of realms. Was he aided by magic, Odin Force, what? Not denying he did it, but I've never seen anyone cite the action as a testament to Thor's strength.

Well they are called realms, but one of those ''realms'' is Earth so I don't know if rest of them are abstract concepts or planets

#18 Posted by Pokeysteve (8686 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't Surfer do this on his own? If he can augment his strength, he can be as strong as he needs to be. I don't read or even really like his character but from I've read about him here he's one of those overpowered beings that should be able to do anything. Just wondering.

#19 Posted by crackerjack82 (2592 posts) - - Show Bio

lets see Thor, does it by himself, Beta Ray Bill can solo lets toss in Blue Marvel, King Hyperion,

#20 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Gladiator
  • Worldbreaker Hulk
  • 8th day Juggernaut
  • Sentry
  • Thor WM
  • Beta ray bill
#21 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor solos, but if you insist on using 6 characters than Beta Ray Bill, Hercules, Gladiator, World Breaker Hulk, Thor and Sentry, and they could pull the Earth faster and further than 3 JLA powerhouses

agreed

#22 Posted by yodagod (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's has held the weight of twenty planets before, not to mention (as already stated) the entirety of the Nine Realms, including Earth. So Thor solo.

If Thor can, BRB likely can as well. Surfer can as well. Thanos (with flight). Hope as well. Molly Hayes could if she could fly and survive in space. She has shown strength above Thor and Herc (once).

If we want to match the JLA feat, all we'd need is any three of these...

Sentry, Nefaria, King Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Gladiator, Classic Drax, Josef Huber, and Magneto. You heard me...Mag-frickin-neto. (He boosted his strength to Herc level before, though I don't know if I'd count on him here). And maybe, Ms Marvel.

For non-flyers granted the ability you can add WWH, Herc, Gentle, Juggernaut, Skaar, Chaos War Abomination, and probably Apocalypse.

There are probably a few more that I haven't thought of.

#23 Posted by Daddy_Cool_Dude (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Thor lifting up that tree is pretty much similar argument to Hercules supporting heaven?

#24 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Power Hyperion. Ultimate Thor, 616 Thor, Gladiator, Classic Hyperion, Ms Marvel.

#25 Posted by TheSuperHuman (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Power Princess, Silver Surfer, and Ms. Marvel.

#26 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Superman for one has.

#27 Posted by SteveRogers (411 posts) - - Show Bio

World Breaker Hulk

#28 Posted by Fifthchild (625 posts) - - Show Bio

While Thor/Herc are a bit weaker than Superman they aren't that much weaker and i would take them over both Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter in raw strength - both of whom have not much in the way of impressive strength feats when they aren't standing next to Kal himself. Basically any 3 Marvel characters around Thor level that can also fly could do something very similar to what that trio pulled off IMO, if the writing is suitably space cheese friendly. e.g. Gladiator, BRB, Silver Surfer.

#29 Posted by bunnieswithtophats (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

Aunt may solo

this.

But definitely Gladiator, Sentry, Hulk (probably solos), Ms. Marvel. They're definitely on par.

#30 Posted by bunnieswithtophats (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: he's borderline 'cosmic entity'@KnightRise: I don't see how it really matters. In a cosmic sense, a 'realm' very much supercedes a planet; even if it didn't, 9 realms certainly outweigh 1 earth, especially considering the fact that EARTH(!!!) is indeed a part of yggdrasil. In other words, he has moved the earth--and eight other 'realms'--by himself.

#31 Posted by desmond006 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator, WorldBreaker Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Blue Marvel, Juggernaut.

#32 Posted by BigCimmerian (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@KnightRise said:

Superman for one has.

I don't know about pulling Earth, but Thor pulled Yggdrasil, engine which is holding nine worlds including Earth, so Yggdrasil must be pretty big

#33 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Is Thor lifting up that tree is pretty much similar argument to Hercules supporting heaven?

Not exactly, it comes down to whether or not the realms, Yggdrasil, and "the sky" are corporeal or actually have mass. I still say "the heavens" Hercules held up was an etheral abstract/universal boundry, especially since there would be nothing to hold up between each star, galaxy, and his body. Divine-laws plus comic-laws.

@BigCimmerian said:

@Killemall said:

@KnightRise said:

Superman for one has.

I don't know about pulling Earth, but Thor pulled Yggdrasil, engine which is holding nine worlds including Earth, so Yggdrasil must be pretty big

I dont read Thor so admiteddly, I wouldnt know. But the concept of the planet Earth by itself sitting on an engine/tree with eight other planets is just iffy to me. Could it just be a multi-dimensional connecting force channeled through Ygdrassil? If so, the feat, still impressive, falls back on divination and cosmic might.

#34 Posted by BigCimmerian (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Not exactly, it comes down to whether or not the realms, Yggdrasil, and "the sky" are corporeal or actually have mass. I still say "the heavens" Hercules held up was an etheral abstract/universal boundry, especially since there would be nothing to hold up between each star, galaxy, and his body. Divine-laws plus comic-laws.

@BigCimmerian said:

@Killemall said:

@KnightRise said:

Superman for one has.

I dont read Thor so admiteddly, I wouldnt know. But the concept of the planet Earth by itself sitting on an engine/tree with eight other planets is just iffy to me. Could it just be a multi-dimensional connecting force channeled through Ygdrassil? If so, the feat, still impressive, falls back on divination and cosmic might.

Read everything in this scan especially sentences in the last picture

#35 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Yggdrasil is the world tree that connects the 9 realms it doesnt really hold it or anything. I see no reason to believe its any heavier than a planet. Its not like 9 worlds grow beside the tree but the essence of the 9 worlds are connected via the tree. Had it been say as heavy as 9 realms, Thor sure wouldnt need BRB's help to lift Asgard, and he even had Odin force at the time.

#36 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod: Thor never held the weight of twenty planets

#37 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Thor's strength and durability feats were inconsistent. Like - Many people disagreed that Wonder Man could even hurt Thor at all, due to the fact that his best strength feats is on ten thousands tons range compared to Thor's million-tons range, yet he still manage to give Thor a hard time. Yet Thor have shown to be on Surfer's league on many others, such as standing comfortably in the core of the Sun etc.

Though Yggdrasil may not be holding entire weight of a planets, it's more physical than heaven (Hercules' strength argument), and the tensions from each realms must still be present as Yggdrasil is some sort of machinery. It must be heavier than the mountain range in my opinions.

#38 Posted by Bo88gdan (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor,WBHULK,GLADIATOR,BRB,HERCULES and SENTRY