#1 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're just walking along, minding your own business when you find the Tesseract waiting for you on your bed with a note next to it. The note says you can have the Tesseract, but be warned that someone else has been given the Aether, and is out to kill you with it. Can you with the Tesseract protect yourself and defeat your mysterious opponent? And just to clarify, there will be no ambushing on either side. When your enemy's ready to fight, you'll know it.

Other Notes:

• You get one week to use the Tesseract to make some weapons for yourself
  • Your opponent may only use the Aether to empower himself the way Malekith did. He cannot use it to destroy the world in the fashion that Malekith intended to.

Can you win?

+

YOU

Versus

+

#2 Posted by HAMMER_OF_J2 (1595 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know the full power of either item and might not wish to find out but I thin that I would be able to win with the tesseract

#3 Posted by BigBossGamer (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it possible for a average joe guy like me to wield the power? cuz Red Skull had to like experiment alot with it right? (plz feel free to correct because I don't know much bout the power of the tesseract)

#4 Posted by Shiryu (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

So is the Aether supposed to be the Marvel Cinematic Universe equivalent of the Soul Gem?

#5 Posted by FatherChaos (1196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even need the Tesseract. (Cue Watch Out meme)

#6 Posted by reaverlation (17093 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: Power Gem.Tesseract is the Space Gem

#7 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9820 posts) - - Show Bio

from what i reammber you have to channle eltricatiyt into it an direct it ( there should be some base info in the movies i can use ) the tesseract is a more user freindly platform as the aeither will be very dangerious

#8 Edited by comixgod50 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Well first I would quickly make sure the Tesseract is safe from others by covering it from view. I would acquire some dead wood (Deadwood is not affected by it) because otherwise I would just die. I would super glue bits and pieces to a pair of gloves with the dead wood, pretty much I would fashion a whole entire sweater with dead wood attached to it. Then I would place it inside a wooden box, made of deadwood.....

Then I would wait for one week....and do nothing, because the guy would die because the Aether is a parasitic power that drains it's wielder of their lifeforce. Only Malekith could wield it because he knew it's full capabilities, and since he comes from a race that is sturdier and stronger than humans, he can handle it. Pretty much I don't use the Tesseract and my opponent does because he is trying to kill me with it but since we got a week before the fight, he dies.

#9 Posted by Shiryu (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbossgamer: For simplicity's sake we'll just say you can use the Tesseract. But I should stress that unless being used to power up some kind of device/weapon it's applications are ambiguous. Hence why I gave you a week to make some powerful weapons with it.

#11 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#12 Posted by Regular_Joe (246 posts) - - Show Bio

The Tesseract didn't seem very useful besides as a power source in the movies...I don't think I'd be able to properly take advantage of it. The Aether is more of a simple "amp" thing so I'd probably get stomped and then lose the stupid thing. You can't even touch it without burning up.

I am lose.

#13 Edited by theamazingbatman (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know the full power of either item and might not wish to find out but I thin that I would be able to win with the tesseract

#14 Posted by dondave (38897 posts) - - Show Bio

Aether

#15 Edited by Sachmoo (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

Aether guy stomps. Like you said, you have to actually try and figure the tesserect out. None of us would figure out a thing about it. In all honestly, we may end up BFR ourself like Red Skull. You cant just wield the thing. But the Aether imbues itself with you, so i assume once it does that, it becomes apart of you.

#16 Edited by ThanoStomp (794 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd loose. The only weapon I know how to make is a bow and arrow, or a rubberband-paperclip launcher. My only chance would be to see if I could learn how to BFR my opponent using the Tesseract/Space Gem.

Given a choice, I'd go with the Aether/Power Gem. It takes knowledge to be able to wield any of the Infinity Gems. I doubt I would know what to do with the Tesseract/Space Gem. At least with the Aether/Power Gem I would likely feel the power amp and could use that for some fisticuffs.

#17 Posted by Iragexcudder (5614 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Gem - Aether

Space Gem - Tesseract

Mind Gem - Lokis Scepter in Avengers

Reality Gem - Orb in GOTG

Time and Soul have yet to be shown but that's my overall opinion..

I'd definitely choose Tesseract, I could completely disintegrate or BFR an opponent (like what happened to Red Skull) to another dimension.

#18 Posted by Sachmoo (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Gem - Aether

Space Gem - Tesseract

I'd definitely choose Tesseract, I could completely disintegrate or BFR an opponent (like what happened to Red Skull) to another dimension.

Actually, early rumors are that it is the Time Gem. Starlord is after it to go back in time and save his parents. Also, them playing him up as, NOT letting go of his earth time, hence the walkman and "ugaa chaaka".

#19 Posted by Iragexcudder (5614 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: ahhhhh intriguing.. well see how it all works out. The Ugachaka represents what again?

#20 Posted by Sachmoo (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: ahhhhh intriguing.. well see how it all works out. The Ugachaka represents what again?

It's just an old ass song, representing he is 'stuck in the past'. Just the rumor roaming around.

#21 Edited by Iragexcudder (5614 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: damn I just thought it was some intergalactic music he liked lol I wonder if they'll introduce his father.. I just wanna see Thanos on the big screen

#22 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@regular_joe: In fairness I did give you a week to prepare yourself and make some weapons with it.

@sachmoo said:

Aether guy stomps. Like you said, you have to actually try and figure the tesserect out. None of us would figure out a thing about it. In all honestly, we may end up BFR ourself like Red Skull. You cant just wield the thing. But the Aether imbues itself with you, so i assume once it does that, it becomes apart of you.

You might be able to use it to make some weapons the way Red Skull and Zola did. Of course that would probably require more time then just one week...

#23 Posted by XxGin (1449 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone with Aether got taken out by Thor..

#24 Posted by MisterWhisper (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

If they work like they did in the movies. I might can pull off a win, depending on who has the Aether. I am a horrible shot but I think I could find better uses for it than make a gun in a week.

If they work like the gems in the comic... I win. I increase the space between myself and my opponent exponentially and then instantly use zero point energy manipulation though space to separate all the protons in his atoms...

Do not give a science nerd, writer, and life long table top gamer a very creativity centered weapon, it will end badly.

#25 Posted by TopTierGoat (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Aether is NOT the power gem. Its the reality gem. The power gem grants... well here is the info

The red Power Gem gives the owner access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems and boost their effects. Its most basic powers grant its user unlimited stamina and can increase the user's strength to unlimited levels depending on how much the gem is drawn upon. It allows the user to duplicate practically any physical superhuman ability and become invincible. It can also be used as an unlimited power supply for any machine.

if Marvel is going to say that was the power gym I'll almost certainly give up on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In my opinion it was the reality gEm, hence Malekith's attempt to change reality on a universal scale.

Tesseract was space, and i guess Feige hinted that Loki sceptor was the mind...also lame IMO

#26 Posted by TopTierGoat (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: this man is right. Time is almost certainly in gotg

#27 Posted by Regular_Joe (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Yeah, but even with a week what am I gonna do with it? I'm not Zola. Even then he had all kinds of labs and stuff and his first go round still needed to be reinforced...assuming I can just make someting, though, which maybe is the spirit of the thread, yes?

I build an Aether draining machine that

1) Is able to track down Aether

2) Freeze it wherever it is so it's not in it's vapor/liquid form (including the host/user)

3)Drain it from the user/host into the machine at which point I can use it on myself at will

4) All powered by the Tesseract.

#28 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: It's the movie versions of these items, not the comic book ones. I do agree with the last thing you said though.

@regular_joe: Sounds like a fair assessment to me. :)

#29 Posted by Sachmoo (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@regular_joe: In fairness I did give you a week to prepare yourself and make some weapons with it.

@sachmoo said:

You might be able to use it to make some weapons the way Red Skull and Zola did. Of course that would probably require more time then just one week...

In a week? I live in California, just to get a gun out here there is a 10 - day waiting period. Unless i went the 'less than lawful route' which would probably wield me a not so stellar piece. Then how would i get my hands on any of the test equipment? I would need at least a few years, and all the help I can get. Give me 3-4 years and all of my family and friends and MAYBE we can come up with something.

#30 Posted by w0nd (4074 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what the movie version of the tesseract actually did, other than be a really powerful battery, which I would have no idea how to harness

#31 Posted by MrUnsmiley (972 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've seen of the movies, the Tesseract can only be used reliably in conjunction with technology, and no one's really managed to use it on its own. Also keep in mind that it's not stated that you're given the knowledge to make weapons that take advantage of the cube's power.

Aether-wielder probably wins this.

#32 Posted by TheSacredOneWithin (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow:

I use superglue to stick it onto a broken chair leg and hit the opponent on the head with it

#33 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

It took a certain level of scientific ability for anyone who has harnessed the Tesseract thus far.

The Tesseract has also shown mostly the ability to....teleport you places if you control it. I think if I had full control over it I could run and hide from anyone using the Aether.

#34 Edited by MrUnsmiley (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@sufferthorn: It's the Space Gem, and aside from acting as a great battery if you know how to harness it, it probably wouldn't be much good in a fight.

#35 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (979 posts) - - Show Bio

Supplies:

Electric Airsoft Rifle x2, Electric Airsoft Pistol, Electric Airsoft Shotgun, Taser x2, Laser Pointer x2, Battery Operated Fan x4, Rechargeable batteries, Battery Charger, Bluetooth Headphones, Flashlights x2, Pipe bombs made from internet guides,cell phone, Trenchcoat, some pouches, Tesseract.

Prep-Time Usage:

I'm making the assumption that i could use all this correctly.

I would charge the electric airsoft weapons, the batteries, the headphones, and pipe bombs all with the Tesseract as a power source. I would connect the bluetooth headphones to my phone, and plant the amped bombs at the base of a tall building.

Scenario:

We start off facing each other, I would do a shotgun blast to knock back first tendrils, teleport a few yards behind him, drop an amped fan and turn it on to create powerful winds to knock him back or at least stagger him and slow him down. Then, i'd teleport above him, drop the headphones while on and teleport somewhere safe to play some music (amped will be loud enough to deafen him). While he is stunned i'd use the amped taser to shoot lightning at him with one hand, while the laser pointer acts like Gugnir's sustained blast. Then, i'd teleport to the base of the building and place the three remaining fans opposite of the building, and teleport back to the battlefield. Next, i Use both flashlights to blind him with a super bright ray of light, and then teleport him to the building. While he is deafened and blinded, i would turn on the fans, pushing him back towards the building, stun him with second taser lightning and second laser pointer blast. I'd activate the bombs and teleport to a safe distance as the building falls on him to replicate Malekith's death in TDW. if that somehow doesnt work, i'd shoot him with the two amped rifles and open a portal behind him in space, sending him towards a star. :P

#36 Posted by Lucano (795 posts) - - Show Bio

Well first I would quickly make sure the Tesseract is safe from others by covering it from view. I would acquire some dead wood (Deadwood is not affected by it) because otherwise I would just die. I would super glue bits and pieces to a pair of gloves with the dead wood, pretty much I would fashion a whole entire sweater with dead wood attached to it. Then I would place it inside a wooden box, made of deadwood.....

Then I would wait for one week....and do nothing, because the guy would die because the Aether is a parasitic power that drains it's wielder of their lifeforce. Only Malekith could wield it because he knew it's full capabilities, and since he comes from a race that is sturdier and stronger than humans, he can handle it. Pretty much I don't use the Tesseract and my opponent does because he is trying to kill me with it but since we got a week before the fight, he dies.

This ^

Tho I would die... I like to touch shinny things :(

#37 Posted by Black_Arrow (3970 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Gem - Aether

Space Gem - Tesseract

I think Loki scepter is the soul gem that is way he had to touch their hearts to use it.

#38 Posted by Iragexcudder (5614 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: yeah that's true. I just thought it was mind because it controlled people but the soul could be too