Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

You with both

The Infinity Gauntlet

and

All 9 Lantern Rings (with the power of all 9 Lantern Corps)

vs

Galactus (at 1000%)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Set up:

Galactus has reached a level that no one has every expected him to reach!!!!!!!! he has gone over 100% of power to 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as a result everyone in both the DC and Marvel omniverses (except for TOAA, The Presence, GEB, Michael Demiurgos, Both Multi-Eternity & Multi-Infinity, Marvel Death, The Living Tribunal, Silver Surfer, The Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of Oa) are all dead! now all of reality is depending on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

You have found the Infinity Gauntlet and have all the Lantern rings of each Corps (and has the power of all the Corps inside them)! you must defeat GALACTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rules:

• Galactus is aware that you have the Infinity Gauntlet and have all the Lantern rings but doesn't really care.
  • You have no knowledge of the Infinity Gauntlet and all the Lantern rings but you are alowed 3 mounths of prep to master them and also to plan the battle.
  • Silver Surfer, The Green Lantern Corps, the Guardians of Oa and any normal human are alowed to help you both during prep and during the battle.
  • After if you win the battle you restore all of both the DC and Marvel omniverses and you get to have a date with Black Cat LOL!

WHO WINS!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I know realistically no normal person would be able to win this battle but who knows? LOL!!!!!!!!!

#1 Edited by Dredeuced (5357 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus at 100% was tanking blasts from LT and LT feared what he could do to the rest of the multiverse if he was not brought down. LT seemed more powerful than Warlock, who was a master of the IG's usage, and convinced Warlock to forfeit a dubious fight he couldn't win.

In my wildest dreams I couldn't outdo Warlock with the IG. I imagine a 1000% galactus is effectively 10x more powerful than the guy LT was afraid of. It requires a bit of ABC Logic and Powerscaling but there's no reason to think that someone like me, or anyone with the IG for that matter, could beat such an Amped Galactus.

Also Michael died awhile ago, lol. Did Galactus bring him back to life? :P

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus 100% = Eternity

Galactus 1000% = 10x Eternity

10x Eternity < Infinity Gauntlet

#3 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

this is a non canon version of galactus so his feats don't apply to the 616 version.

galactus hasn't even been shown to be at full power, so it's hard to gauge his power level.

#4 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus 100% = Eternity

and how did you come up with this interpretation?

#6 Edited by Frocharocha (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

I turn galactus into my personall pet. I would become Virtually Onipotent and i could easily tank his atacks.

-I can go back in time and kil lim before he get's pwoered like that.

-Ressurect Everybody.

-Summon Lt to aid me.

#7 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2260 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I wasn't interested until that I saw that Date with Black Cat. GALACTUS MUST LOSE!

#8 Posted by SheenLantern (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@sheenlantern said:

Galactus 100% = Eternity

Galactus at his max is Eternity's equal, this is fact and is stated by both.

Ten times One-hundred is One-Thousand.

Ten Eternities combined couldn't recreate either Adam's nor Thanos' feats with the Gauntlet.

That is how I came up with my interpretation.

#9 Edited by Dredeuced (5357 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: It's the only evidence we have to go by. The entire story's premise was "What if Galactus ate everything and went to 100% power?"

It's canon to marvel even if it isn't 616. Heck the only thing different about 616 Galactus is he seems to be more powerful/competent than other Galactuses, so for all I know he'd be even more powerful than Last Planet Standing Galactus.

#10 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@sheenlantern said:

Galactus 100% = Eternity

Galactus at his max is Eternity's equal, this is fact and is stated by both.

Ten times One-hundred is One-Thousand.

Ten Eternities combined couldn't recreate either Adam's nor Thanos' feats with the Gauntlet.

That is how I came up with my interpretation.

show me where it is stated, because not only i haven't seen it ever being stated but galactus has never been at full power in the first place.

i know how to do the math........

@rolldestroyer: It's the only evidence we have to go by. The entire story's premise was "What if Galactus ate everything and went to 100% power?"

It's canon to marvel even if it isn't 616. Heck the only thing different about 616 Galactus is he seems to be more powerful/competent than other Galactuses, so for all I know he'd be even more powerful than Last Planet Standing Galactus.

Irrelevant, it's non canon to 616 galactus. Even if it is the closest portrayal of galactus being at full power, we can't use it unless specified by the OP

Canon to marvel? sure, is it canon to 616 galactus? no, thus it can't be used. That's not to mention that it isn't consistent with how 616 galactus is portrayed, galactus has never been shown to be above eternity much less LT.

#11 Edited by SheenLantern (6268 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Dredeuced (5357 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: You're trying way, way too hard to crap on the OP's attempt to make a thread by being belligerent about what's canon and what's applicable. It's a reasonable approximation to make. Stop being such a wet blanket.

#13 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6955 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced said:

@rolldestroyer: You're trying way, way too hard to crap on the OP's attempt to make a thread by being belligerent about what's canon and what's applicable. It's a reasonable approximation to make. Stop being such a wet blanket.

QFT. You made my day.

#14 Edited by laflux (14382 posts) - - Show Bio

If we go by the Hype that 100 percent Galactus is on the level of Eternity, Thanos still pawned him with the Gauntlet and I doubt being ten times stronger would help.

The current Infinity Gauntlets have been nerfed somewhat, I still think they should be enough if we go by the Eternity Logic

However, an interesting point to make is that in the MC2 Universe (The Universe where Spider-Girl exists cause MJ never miscarried , Galactus went around feeding on so many planets that Living Tribunal needed to get help from other Abstracts to face him. And considering that that's the only difference in the MC2 universe, Galactus shouldn't really be any different to the 616 version. And as we know Living Tribunal> Infinity Gauntlet. However, it has been a while since I read that issue (And I never really followed MC2 outside of Spider-Girl) so I may be recalling things wrongly.

Anyways this is where I hand to @killemall. I think its PIS/Very high showing. What about you?

#15 Edited by Dextersinister (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

I tell Galactus he ain't no thang but a chicken wing, in his heart he knows it to be true. The battle is over before it has began.

#16 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know why did you get the impression that im belligerent,explain to me please how stating an alternate reality of galactus isn't canon to 616 galactus makes me belligerent?

So using an alternate reality of galactus that is seemingly more powerful than the living tribunal as a legitimate feat for 616 galactus is a reasonable explanation to make?

im not being a wet blanket, im stating facts, you 're making false accusations instead of disproving my points and presenting an argument.

#17 Posted by uberhikari (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced said:

QFT. You made my day.

Am I missing something here? Non-cannon feats can't be used for characters unless specified by the OP. It's a fundamental rule of the battle forums. How does someone pointing this out make them belligerent?

In any event, Galactus wins because he has a built in advantage in this fight: the IG only works in the universe it comes from. All Galactus would have to do is destroy the universe the fight takes place in and the IG becomes nothing more than an accessory for a Halloween costume.

#18 Edited by Dredeuced (5357 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Because it is literally a story that was designed to demonstrate Galactus at full power. That's the entire point of referencing 100% power Galactus.

#19 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6955 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: The pic being used is the Black Celestial Arc Galactus, not 616. Also 616-Infinity Gauntlet is more powerful than the rest and has shown some multiversal feats.

#20 Posted by uberhikari (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: The pic being used is the Black Celestial Arc Galactus, not 616. Also 616-Infinity Gauntlet is more powerful than the rest and has shown some multiversal feats.

I've never read the Black Celestial Arc, so I didn't know where the picture came from. Also, the question isn't whether the IG is multiversal, the question is whether or not the IG that comes from the 616 universe has ever been shown to work outside of the 616 universe? I'm not an expert on the IG but I don't think it has.

#21 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6955 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: I should have clarified then, you're right. The Infinity Gauntlet don't work outside their specific universe.

Anyways the Black Celestial Arc Galactus is the one from Earth-8810. Basically he consumes the universe by creating a black hole and became so powerful that LT said that he would destroy the multiverse. He also tanked a blast from LT with no damage. Widely considered to be the strongest 'version' of Galactus.

#22 Edited by uberhikari (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: I should have clarified then, you're right. The Infinity Gauntlet don't work outside their specific universe.

Anyways the Black Celestial Arc Galactus is the one from Earth-8810. Basically he consumes the universe by creating a black hole and became so powerful that LT said that he would destroy the multiverse. He also tanked a blast from LT with no damage. Widely considered to be the strongest 'version' of Galactus.

Well, I mean if we're using the Black Celestial Arc Galactus and he was tanking blasts from LT (and according to the OP he's now 10x stronger), then isn't this spite? IG isn't helping anyone here, lol.

#23 Posted by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Silver Surfer Volume 3 #10

just because they shake hands doesnt mean they are somehow equal in power thats a dreadful logic.

#24 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6955 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: The thing is, Galactus has no real limit to his powers. So it's hard to quantify what a 100% even means. Galactus has shown that he can keep eating forever, his hunger is never ending. Also there is a correlation with how much he eats and how strong he gets. An average 616 Galactus was shaking the multiverse with his fight with the Scarier and the Other, and their battle threatened to destroy the multiverse, at least according to Oblivion.

#26 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6955 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20373 posts) - - Show Bio

I turn galactus into my personall pet. I would become Virtually Onipotent and i could easily tank his atacks.

-I can go back in time and kil lim before he get's pwoered like that.

-Ressurect Everybody.

-Summon Lt to aid me.

word

#28 Edited by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

In any event, Galactus wins because he has a built in advantage in this fight: the IG only works in the universe it comes from. All Galactus would have to do is destroy the universe the fight takes place in and the IG becomes nothing more than an accessory for a Halloween costume.

Where are you getting the bolded part from?

Given we have seen an alternate reality Reed actually destroy the whole universe with IG and IG wasnt "accessory for a Halloween costume" or Dr. Doom actually first destroy and re-made the whole universe without IG in him being "accessory for a Halloween costume" i dont see how the analogy works.

I think it just doesnt work outside the bounds of the universe, within it, you can destroy the universe or whatever IG still works and is supreme.

#29 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty much stomp.

#30 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

If I get a date with Black Cart, I'll manage to win this

#31 Posted by antiwhipped (202 posts) - - Show Bio

I stomp.

WITH SUCH MIGHT, ANY DULLARD WOULD EVENTUALLY PROVE VICTORIOUS.

#32 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Time gem makes this easy. Go back to when galactus was just galan and slaughter stomp him with the power gem

#33 Posted by uberhikari (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

Where are you getting the bolded part from?

Given we have seen an alternate reality Reed actually destroy the whole universe with IG and IG wasnt "accessory for a Halloween costume" or Dr. Doom actually first destroy and re-made the whole universe without IG in him being "accessory for a Halloween costume" i dont see how the analogy works.

I think it just doesnt work outside the bounds of the universe, within it, you can destroy the universe or whatever IG still works and is supreme.

The bolded part doesn't make sense. If you destroy the universe in which you reside, then you're necessarily outside the bounds of the universe; indeed, the universe you destroyed doesn't even exist anymore. The IG doesn't work outside of the bounds of the universe from which it comes. This works for the 616 IG and any other IG as far as I know. So, either Reed Richards and Dr. Doom didn't really destroy the universe they were in or it's a plot device.

#34 Edited by ShootingNova (15737 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3751 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more powerful than the IG and any number of lantern rings to begin with. I slap the s*** out of Galactus and let him know that the rest of every day of his life is a gift from me.

#36 Posted by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

The bolded part doesn't make sense. If you destroy the universe in which you reside, then you're necessarily outside the bounds of the universe; indeed, the universe you destroyed doesn't even exist anymore. The IG doesn't work outside of the bounds of the universe from which it comes. This works for the 616 IG and any other IG as far as I know. So, either Reed Richards and Dr. Doom didn't really destroy the universe they were in or it's a plot device.

It does make sense if you look at it the way Hickman seemingly does, as apparently from his conversation in the formspring. Its pretty much like universe is like a circle occupying its own space and while there are identical circles all over the multiverse other circles are different in some way, the rules of nature are different (the circle part is something i got, Hickman's reply was universes around arent identical, an IG follows rules of its own universe, and hence outside the universe it doesnt work)

Once you are outside the circle your power doesnt work, within the circle, you destroy everything in it, it still works.

I dont see why Galactus would be able to destroy the universe any worse than Reed or Dr. Doom with IG.

If you like scans of stuffs i am talking about do let me know (the hickman part would consist of multiple convesation with various fans or i could post his formspring list so you can go over the various conversation and Dr. Doom and Reed part are straight forward both from his run of Fantastic Four)

On an unrelated note, 616 IG used to work outside its universe before the retcon. We have actually seen Rune use time gem from 616 in ultraverse, a universe outside marvel multiverse.

#37 Edited by uberhikari (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@uberhikari said:

It does make sense if you look at it the way Hickman seemingly does, as apparently from his conversation in the formspring. Its pretty much like universe is like a circle occupying its own space and while there are identical circles all over the multiverse other circles are different in some way, the rules of nature are different (the circle part is something i got, Hickman's reply was universes around arent identical, an IG follows rules of its own universe, and hence outside the universe it doesnt work)

Once you are outside the circle your power doesnt work, within the circle, you destroy everything in it, it still works.

I dont see why Galactus would be able to destroy the universe any worse than Reed or Dr. Doom with IG.

If you like scans of stuffs i am talking about do let me know (the hickman part would consist of multiple convesation with various fans or i could post his formspring list so you can go over the various conversation and Dr. Doom and Reed part are straight forward both from his run of Fantastic Four)

On an unrelated note, 616 IG used to work outside its universe before the retcon. We have actually seen Rune use time gem from 616 in ultraverse, a universe outside marvel multiverse.

I mean sure, if you change the meaning of the word "universe" and use it in a different way than scientists use the word, I suppose what you're saying kinda makes sense; although, Jonathan Hickman really isn't making any sense at all.

For example, you say, a "universe is like a circle occupying it's own space," but my question would be: when does an object not occupy it's own space? Plus, Hickman's response seems to be a logical contradiction: if a universe is like a circle and you destroy everything inside the circle without destroying the boundaries of the circle, then technically you haven't destroyed a universe at all. Wouldn't the boundaries of a universe count as part of the universe? It just starts to sound like some psuedo-science mumbo jumbo Hickman made up. But this is comics, right? So, whatever. But from where I stand it only makes sense that if you really destroy the universe that an IG comes from, then the IG should simply stop working.

Edit: Also, if you're talking about Dr. Doom destroying a universe during Hickman's run on FF, Doom didn't destroy a universe. When he got to the other side of the bridge the narrator says there was "nothing" there.

#38 Posted by KingOfAsh (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd take him without al that stuff.

#39 Posted by TifaLockhart (14043 posts) - - Show Bio

A date with Black Cat? I must research!

#40 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

no, you're confusing balck celestial and last planet standing arcs, those are two different versions of galactus, the one shown in the op isn't from last planet standing.

#41 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: @kingofash: @evil_incarnate: @shootingnova: @hyperviper97: @antiwhipped: @betatesthighlander1: @logy5000: @allstarsuperman: @killemall: @uberhikari: @dextersinister: @laflux: @omgomgwtfwtf: @greatcaesarsghost: @frocharocha: @rolldestroyer: @sheenlantern: @dredeuced:

WOW!!!!!! I have alot of comments on this thread LOL!

if you ask me, I lose.

Now I the f**k do you lose? well lets be serious here we are not someone like Thanos, Reed Richards, Adam Warlock etc, we are just normal guy and as I said we have no knowledge of the Infinity Gauntlet and all the Lantern rings (it has been said you have to have a certain knowledge to make the IG work) but we are alowed 3 mounths of prep to master them and also to plan the battle but I don't think 3 mounths of prep will be enough for me.

As for the Lantern rings? well I think all (except for the White Lantern ring) of them are useless in this battle but I though I'd add them just for funny :)

Orthough if I could find a way of winning heres now I do it:

I use the White Lantern ring to turn half of the Green Lantern Corps into White Lanterns. And use them and Silver Surfer to destract Galactus.

Then I go up to him and do this to him with the Infinity Gauntlet!!!!!!!

Then I win!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Also you carn't get help from the Living Tribunal @frocharocha:, you can only get help from Silver Surfer, The Green Lantern Corps, the Guardians of Oa and any normal human, THATS IT!!!!!!!

And to answer @shootingnova: on how did Oblivion died, well the answer is pretty much like asking now Lucifer Morningstar died or something like that.

But to adding humor Oblivion was p***ed that his name "Oblivion" has been overused so many times, so he killed himself LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Posted by ShootingNova (15737 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: What do you mean "how Lucifer died"? Oblivion is different, Oblivion is a far more final thing than Death. Oblivion eventually destroys Death. So......