#1 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

You get an anitmatter beam gun to fight avenger's hulk. I chose antimatter because antimatter has a rather violent, explosive reaction when interacting with normal matter. Anitmattter is the opposite of everything you know. It has a different charge or something like that. Anyway, given enough shots it should take down even the Hulk. There is NO reason why antimatter would'nt work. At best Hulk might be able to stave off a few shots, but not too many I surmise, (the beam is enclosed within a magnetic field so it won't react with anything until it hits a target) he would go down because he is only made of matter, even if he is a freak.

Location: New York. Your 200 ft away and have kawasaki motorcycle, on straight empty road. Hulk is bloodlusted and standing 200 ft away.

#2 Posted by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone can hit Hulk, a single shot would destroy not only Hulk, but the entire surrounding landscape.

#3 Posted by Dredeuced (4400 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming the gun is in a holster, Hulk Thunderclaps while running at me before I have the speed to get my gun out of my holster. I'm completely dazed and probably already unconscious. Hulk crushes me like a bug.

#4 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Marksman said:

If anyone can hit Hulk, a single shot would destroy not only Hulk, but the entire surrounding landscape.

This. The explosion would destroy anyone firing at 200 feet and even further away. Miles really, perhaps hundreds of miles.

#5 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced: he would not do that, first he'd look at you,scream,insult,attack.

#6 Posted by Dredeuced (4400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_: He's bloodlusted. He's not trying to scare me, he's trying to kill me as quickly as possible without of collateral damage.

#7 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is killed. You are kidding yourself if you say otherwise.

#8 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

So you and Hulk would go down epically...well I suppose there are worst ways to go...like Hulk actually catching up with you before you fired. I guess the only way you might survive would be with an Ironman suit and a timed antimatter bomb. But I did'nt realize all this, so yep, you'd die---taking hulk with you apparently.

#9 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4123 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I shoot I make an Iron Giant reference(you are not a gun) and if he continues to attack I shoot.

#10 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

A scan of the Hulk surviving a clash with anti-matter.

#11 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't seem like he brushed it off like bullets does he? In theory anitmatter should work even on superman.

#12 Posted by Dredeuced (4400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper: Welp, GG, Hulk wins even if I get the shot off.

#13 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly the only thing saving him is writer PIS. They make more money with a live Hulk rather than a dead one. It's the same reason why Emma Frost will likely never die anytime soon.

In the end PHYSICS are the most powerful enemies supeheroes face, they're only saved by writer PIS.

#14 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

Clearly the only thing saving him is writer PIS. They make more money with a live Hulk rather than a dead one. It's the same reason why Emma Frost will likely never die anytime soon.

In the end PHYSICS are the most powerful enemies supeheroes face, they're only saved by writer PIS.

All comic super heroes have PIS.

(All)

There's no use resisting it

#15 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if I were a writer of them, I would have no PIS, I just would'nt put my character in such situation to begin with. But given the serial nature of comic book writing I suppose PIS is a necessary evil. It seems easier to avoid when you write novels instead. Since then your writng with an end in sight rather than whatever the flavor of the week is.

#16 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4123 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

Well if I were a writer of them, I would have no PIS, I just would'nt put my character in such situation to begin with. But given the serial nature of comic book writing I suppose PIS is a necessary evil. It seems easier to avoid when you write novels instead. Since then your writng with an end in sight rather than whatever the flavor of the week is.

actually month lol

#17 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of annoying, I really thought real world physics should apply to hulk, it does--a little. No more than that. Thor has a better chance of killing him with his fists and a magical hammer than antimatter, NOW that's absurd!

#18 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

He doesn't seem like he brushed it off like bullets does he? In theory anitmatter should work even on superman.

Antimatter worked on Supergirl in COIE, so it's fairly accurate to say that it would work on Superman as well.

#19 Edited by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

You know the funny thing? Nukes are'nt so dangerous in space, there is no air to create lots of fire and shockwaves. So instead you get a flash of light and expanding hot gas. If your a mile away the radiation would hurt you the most, as there would be no shockwave or fire to speak of. The only reason the sun has fire is it holds itself together by gravity. Nukes are quite primitve by comparison. With antimatter though---creating any machine with it would require a level of tech we have yet to master.

Yet in comics tech is ALWAYS more advanced so they should have that kind of stuff, of all people. If I were Lex I would specialize in antimatter gadgets. Because unlike Kryptonite it's not a one trick pony. It works on eveything we know of.

#20 Posted by sync1 (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

The air. The atoms. Everything is destroyed.

....according to the laws of physics.

In the Comic Book World, I kill Hulk.

#21 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk wins.

#22 Posted by Jean199999 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

Assuming the gun is in a holster, Hulk Thunderclaps while running at me before I have the speed to get my gun out of my holster. I'm completely dazed and probably already unconscious. Hulk crushes me like a bug.

#23 Posted by uberhikari (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

LOLOLOLOL! Pretty much this.

#24 Posted by SlimJ87D (8911 posts) - - Show Bio

If you fired a so called antimatter gun most likely you'll die from the collateral energy.

#25 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk smash puny humans on comicvine

#26 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes hulk, we ALREADY know you hate physics, Ironic really...nevermind.

#27 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackofspades has it right,,,hulk smash!!

#28 Posted by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

I would kill him since im the Ghost Rider lol :)) just kidding we are all going to die from the blast.

#29 Posted by Bossmonster (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the scan above, Hulk tanks. However, I would shoot the ground in front of him and run the hell away.

So yeah. Draw!

#30 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14189 posts) - - Show Bio

One whole bullet? Hulk's whole family can go down by that much of amount..

#31 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins

#32 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

Its BloodLusted Hulk 200ft away before I can squeeze a trigger he'd have already Hulked Jumped on top of my head.

That goes for everyone x.x

#33 Posted by Frocharocha (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-matter will destroy everything made of matter with i'ts range. So basically no one wins, everyone dies.

#34 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha said:

Anti-matter will destroy everything made of matter with i'ts range. So basically no one wins, everyone dies.

#35 Posted by BeefiestName (82 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a stalemate, we both die.

#36 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15895 posts) - - Show Bio

in real life physics? Me with the gun.

In comic books? hulk destroys me in a such a stomp thats not even funny.

#37 Posted by girugamesh (427 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd pistol whip him to death.

#38 Posted by dondave (26573 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk ftw as shown in the scan

#39 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

I could do this.

#40 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

In real life we would be knocked unconscious by the radiation being generated by the Hulk. Our face would be melting off from the amount of gamma particles being released from the Hulk. People forget, he is a walking monster powered by nuclear energy.

#41 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo: Hulk smash!! even with the anti-matter gun it's still not enough, you're underestimating his healing factor, and before anyone using that gun could shoot him enough times to beat him he will already capture and slaughter the user of the gun.

#42 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading about how destructive an antimatter gun is, I'd feel more like the bad guy here wielding it.

#43 Posted by boostergold321 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk pushes two spheres of matter and antimatter apart(Marvel Team-Up Annual #2)

#44 Posted by asIsuspected (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@lorbo said:

All comic super heroes have PIS.

(All)

There's no use resisting it

QFT