This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Stharrup (5 posts) - - Show Bio

You are dropped off in the marvel universe and given an average life in New York. You've got an appartment, a fair amount of savings and are about to start a new job (with a cover of having just moved to the city).

You also get a super power: you keep what you kill. You get the strength, speed, powers, intelligence (the raw processing power, not their memories), endurance, durability,and remaining life span of any living being larger than a domestic cat that dies as a result of your actions.

This applies to super humans, average joes and animals.

Anything you get stacks, so if you poison 2 weight lifters who can bench press 400 pounds each, you get 800 pounds added to your total bench press. Or if you stab two geniuses with 150 iqs, 300 is added to your total iq. Etc etc.

Your challenge: conquer or destroy every populated area of the universe. You win when you have done so, or lose if you die.

TOAA will not interfere in any way and you are morals off and operating solely on planned logic.

Can you do it? Also, just for fun, how do you do it?

Edit: wtf is this locked for?

#2 Edited by IheartZombies92--defunct (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@stharrup: Nice thread, man

Yeah, I think I could, especially with comic book knowledge - I could just bomb a bus, gain all of the intellect/strength/speed of the occupants, then when Daredevil or whatever street-leveler shows up, I kill them, move onto someone bigger, and then keep pushing on

If you play it smart, you could take this

#3 Posted by Juiceboks (10308 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Spider, Elektra, Cloak, Dagger, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, Punisher, and a plethora of other characters would take us down before we become even a remote threat to them.

#4 Posted by Stharrup (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by IheartZombies92--defunct (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Spider, Elektra, Cloak, Dagger, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, Punisher, and a plethora of other characters would take us down before we become even a remote threat to them.

Not if we play it smart, going one after the other, killing from a distance and maintaining a low profile will work me up to mid-street tier at least

All you'd need to do is track down a few heroes with hax powers but sh*te durability (e.g. Franklin Richards/Scarlet Witch) and you'd be set for life

#6 Posted by Experio (16955 posts) - - Show Bio

I fail.

#7 Posted by Juiceboks (10308 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

Not if we play it smart, going one after the other, killing from a distance and maintaining a low profile will work me up to mid-street tier at least

All you'd need to do is track down a few heroes with hax powers but sh*te durability (e.g. Franklin Richards/Scarlet Witch) and you'd be set for life

..how would you even go about doing this? Who could you as a normal human being..possibly kill to attain powers to take on someone like Spider-Man? How would you even kill Spider-Man? With a bullet? A knife?

..you really think it would be that easy to kill Franklin Richards? You'd have to get past the whole Fantastic Four..and whatever and take down Franklin himself when he could just transform you into pudding with a thought.

It's MUCH more likely we get killed by a random thug or..new supervillian or..natural disaster or..intergalactic takeover than for us to actually take down a named superbeing.

#8 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically it's asking ifI could syler the MU? Maybe, It depends on if intelligence abilities stack directly or not. If not, I doubt I can outsmart Mr. F, Tony, BP or Doom, and lose based on that.

#9 Edited by Stharrup (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: I included animals and normal humans in the conditions as well. Spend a few years working in a slaughter house or something and you'd build up the strength and speed needed to take on a street leveller.

#10 Edited by Stharrup (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Wardemon32 (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure I could get away with this. Most of these intelligent characters are the type of people to walk out in public and everyone knows them. I could easily get a job at a bar I know people go to and posion certain people. Intelligent people are the easy stabs.

#12 Edited by shonen3 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

@stharrup said:

You are dropped off in the marvel universe and given an average life in New York. You've got an appartment, a fair amount of savings and are about to start a new job (with a cover of having just moved to the city).

You also get a super power: you keep what you kill. You get the strength, speed, powers, intelligence (the raw processing power, not their memories), endurance, durability,and remaining life span of any living being larger than a domestic cat that dies as a result of your actions.

This applies to super humans, average joes and animals.

Anything you get stacks, so if you poison 2 weight lifters who can bench press 400 pounds each, you get 800 pounds added to your total bench press. Or if you stab two geniuses with 150 iqs, 300 is added to your total iq. Etc etc.

Your challenge: conquer or destroy every populated area of the universe. You win when you have done so, or lose if you die.

TOAA will not interfere in any way and you are morals off and operating solely on planned logic.

Can you do it? Also, just for fun, how do you do it?

This power is it related to direct deaths or indirect deaths. For example suppose me being an asshole and spilling some coffee on the ground cause someone to slip and crack their head on the sidewalk. Would I get their life force ?

#13 Posted by Stharrup (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@shonen3: It applies to anything you do that causes them to die. Direct killings, indirect traps, hit men or even a simple 'accident'

#14 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually if you think about it there are probably tons of inhumans and mutants running around MU so after bombing some bus, small buildings, and even large buildings you might just end up with a plethora of powers at you disposal as well as all your normal abilities stack I think I could pull something off. Why does my post seem like a terrorist plan? Just saying. Cool thread tho quite the mind boggler

#15 Posted by Jeepeh (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

If done intelligently, and you choose your targets carefully, and take your time, you could win with no problems. But make one mistake.... and it's over. If a Superhuman finds you before you're ready for them, it's over. If Galactus eats the planet before you kill everyone on it, it's over.

#16 Posted by Eisenfauste (8653 posts) - - Show Bio

Two ways of doing this, you either become a serial killer and kill any average human to stack their strength onto yours along with intelligence until you are strong/agile enough to take on minor hero's then go from there, best plan is to take out people with intelligence first so you can figure out a better strategy than the impromptu one we would start off with.

Or you kill any and all criminals, you would first have to get yourself in situations where it would be self defense if you want to take the morally, sort of, good road here. After killing lots of criminals your strength would be pretty good and muscle/bone density would be off the scale, considering any with those attributes that you killed. Taking down hero's with 0 durability but good powers would be your next step, so you can get good ranged attacks or other powers.

From there you start taking down mid-level hero's once you do that, if you can evade any retribution but with your stacked intelligence it shouldn't be too much of a problem, then you go for the big leagues.

#17 Posted by DarkRaiden (8013 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure. I'd just go all punisher but on petty criminals that can't really fight back. Raid the prisons/police stations after killing/gunning down like 10 people, then with the strength of hundreds of people I would continue traveling and killing prisoners in different prisons. Street levelers get manhandled with ease as soon I'd have the strength of thousands upon thousands of people. 200 thousand pounds is still 100 tons right? Also dat IQ stack would be insanse as well as having skin/bone/muscle thick as a thousand humans, etc. Some civilians will be on your side at first so you won't be in too much peril. Then just movve on to street levelers and gadgets. Probably just assassinate Tony Stark, Sue Storm, Franklin Richards, Scarlet Witch, etc. people with low durability who can only be caught by surprise (sniper rifle anyone?)

So yeah it's possible. Plus if you get caught early, you just get sent to prison, kill people there, break out and continue.

Not to mention other organizations with gadgets and stuff like X-gene nullifiers that would allow you to kill A LOT of mutants at once in like one bomb. Start killing vamps like Blade, w/e. You'd be stacked in no time.

#18 Posted by PhantomLantern8 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny how much people overrate themselves in these "You vs X" threads.

I get stomped.

#19 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Does reaction time count? Killing enough shield jobbers -> some street leveler -> the rest of the street levelers once I'm absurdly fast

#20 Posted by lemonfryer (74 posts) - - Show Bio

We all die

#21 Posted by VoraciousSouls (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go on a year long hunting expedition, as much as I hate hunting for sport, whatever they're comic book animals. So after I kill every lion, tiger, bear, water buffalo, elephant, cheetah, ostrich, crocodile, and whatever else I see, I go to New York and start bombing buses and killing random people, so I get ridiculously smart, fast, and strong. At that point I'm pretty much ready for anyone, but I will start with the street levellers and work my way up.

cool thread, but after a long time I could do it.

#22 Posted by IheartZombies92--defunct (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@iheartzombies92 said:

@juiceboks said:

..how would you even go about doing this? Who could you as a normal human being..possibly kill to attain powers to take on someone like Spider-Man? How would you even kill Spider-Man? With a bullet? A knife?

..you really think it would be that easy to kill Franklin Richards? You'd have to get past the whole Fantastic Four..and whatever and take down Franklin himself when he could just transform you into pudding with a thought.

It's MUCH more likely we get killed by a random thug or..new supervillian or..natural disaster or..intergalactic takeover than for us to actually take down a named superbeing.

Uh, people. Lots and lots of normal people. Average person can run at 10 kmph, and bench around 50 kg. Bomb a bunch of buses, and you've got speed of, say, 600 kmph, and bench strength of 3000 kg - and then there's reflexes, intellect, etc. etc. (which also stack). Or, if you wanna be really low profile, just go hunting. Bears can hit 30 mph, and have ridiculous strength and durability. Kill a bunch (under the supervision of pros, of course), and you're working your way up.

And who says Spider-Man? Start off low. Punisher, Daredevil, maybe a few professional martial artists and boxers. You'd work yourself up to higher-tier street level in no time. Use your comic book knowledge of recent story arcs to track down some mutants (maybe Rogue going soul-searching in Mississippi or something), kill them and take their powers. There's no time limit either, so take as much time as you need.

I didn't mean "break into the FF headquarters guns blazing and try and shoot Franklin", I meant, maybe, stalking them, over time, keeping surveillance, getting chummy with Richards, meeting his family, his kid... and then shanking him before anyone can react.

I'm not saying you should automatically go for Silver Surfer or Thor from the get go, but if you play things slow, you might just reach that level at some point.

I get stomped.

Why? Why would you get stomped? I'm rooting for you. I hate it when people say "I lose" in these threads just to be safe. I'm actually betting on phantomlantern8 to win this.

#23 Posted by Park (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically we become serial killers? Start with animals for a while before become a little more ambitious?

Given that we could keep the lifespan of what we kill I think most people could pull it off.

#24 Edited by shonen3 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys no your F. against reality warpers right ?

#25 Posted by Park (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@stharrup: Question, do we get the weaknesses of what we kill?

#26 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19550 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of the viners can go one-on-one easily with stan lee. Many will even win.

Give comicbook characters every weapon they have ever thought of, and every amp, and they aren't doing a damn thing to a toaa level being.

#27 Posted by Xo10 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Bomb, google and BAM! The world is yours!

#28 Posted by lukehero (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly the best strategy is just to keep a low profile and kill animals, go hunting & fishing...then get a job as an exterminator & you pick up all cool sorts of rat & bug powers. Get a job at the animal shelter putting animals down, then get a job at the prison. Once you have built up a strong ammount of super strength. You track down the Punisher & pretend to want to team up with him. Kill lots of fodder villains, maybe even once and a while a C or B lister will appear in Punisher comics. Before I even get to heroes, I keep killing villains...

#29 Edited by those_eyes (7860 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome thread. I'll give my opinion later.

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (14439 posts) - - Show Bio

I get stomped.

Honestly, assuming morals off I think it's possible that a knowledgable comic book reader with common sense could get pretty far.