You VS Jurassic Park

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

You have been shipwrecked on the south side of Isla Sorna(The island from JP3). You are unharmed and find an old building filled with weapons, supplies(matches, flares, etc), and a map that leads to a boat on the opposite side of the island. You take a backpack full of energy bars, 3 two litter water bottles, and can only take 3 weapons. The weapons include, a machete, sawed-off double barrel shotgun(8 rounds available), a fire axe, a wes 44. revolver(15 bullets available), a crossbow(6 arrows), and a smoke grenade. The island is full of all the dinosaurs from all three movies. Can you do it?

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Void_Paladin

Time to show those darn dirty dinos why Man rules this planet!

Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>extinct animal.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Logistically, no, you cannot do it. These bullets will have hardly any effect on the much larger/faster dinosaurs, if any effect at all. You will only attract more attention to yourself by firing off your weapons. 

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Void_Paladin

@Illuminatus said:

Logistically, no, you cannot do it. These bullets will have hardly any effect on the much larger/faster dinosaurs, if any effect at all. You will only attract more attention to yourself by firing off your weapons.

Depends on the win condition. If you just have to make it off the island rather than kill every dino there, then you may stand a chance.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By _Zombie_

Even with the weapons, I don't have a snowball's chance in hell.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThexX

It depends on the person. If you are a average person then I say no. But if you have training (Survival, weapons, stealth) then you have a shot to survive. And if you are in good shape.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Void_Paladin said:

@Illuminatus said:

Depends on the win condition. If you just have to make it off the island rather than kill every dino there, then you may stand a chance.

I seriously doubt one could, especially with the severely limited weapon options. There's a multitude of creatures that will kill you as soon as you entire the forests
SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SexualLobster

Smoke grenade, Machete, double barrel.

(I'm thinking realistically, not like the movies.)

I would try and be sneaky, an not scream every five seconds (like that bitch from the third movie -.-), I would use the machete on the smaller animals that I'd be more likely to run into, and the shotgun on larger ones (there wouldn't be too maany), and like most animals, if you hurt it enough at all it isn't gonna stick around, it's gonna leave. If I get swarmed by smaller dinos, I'd just shoot the shotgun in their general direction and scare them off. And if I was in dire need, I'd use the smoke grenade to confuse the balls out of whatever was attacking me, and get away.

I imagine I'd still be f@#ked if I ran into a T-rex or that other huge thing, but the chances of that are really unlikely. The logic from the movies is pretty bad.

And a shotgun going off is pretty loud and intimidating sounding, most animals are going to stear clear of that area after hearing it, not run up and think 'that must be something to eat'.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Void_Paladin

@Illuminatus said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@Illuminatus said:

I seriously doubt one could, especially with the severely limited weapon options. There's a multitude of creatures that will kill you as soon as you entire the forests

I think it depends on the type of life you've led and the training you've had up to this point Your survival skills/stamina/luck. As for weapon selection, your better off without most of these...I agree that they make to much noise. The crossbow and fire axe may actually be your best bet. Luck is the most important factor here. It determines what creatures you run into or if you meet any at all. With enough training and a little luck, I don't see why the right person couldn't pull it off.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could survive a zombie apocalypse and a paranormal activity-type situation, but I think the Park would get me. The weapons just aren't potent enough to deal with so many large animals and lethal predators - especially if they hunt in packs.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kcaz

simple, just have to plan the route properly before setting off,and everything should be fine. the map will show the territories of different dinosaurs,so avoid stepping into the carnivorous dinosaur's territory. move off in the evening as most dinosaurs hunt in the day. 

during the day,find a tall tree,climb it and sleep till evening,then continue walking with weapon at ready position. the goal is to find a tour road or an access road.

travel light to conserve energy as well as to minimize noise, take only the backpack, smoke grenade for escaping and the axe and shotgun for close encounters.take as many flares as possible,to escape if encounter a dinosaur at night.

No Caption Provided
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Killemall

@Illuminatus said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Exactly, but then it would depend on which period we are looking at: Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous. Although the names Jurassic part it rather focuses on Cretaceous period but it’s kind of mix because we have early cretaceous (Spinosaurus) and late cretaceous (T-Rex).

If it’s about killing it would be the herbivore that would be harder to kill they are simply way more armoured for anything apart from shot gun do any damage. But, if it’s about survival it’s not the big predators that you need to be worried about.

The big predators will neither be fast (because that is logical, despite you will see few sites saying T-Rex might reach 45km/hr.) The smaller predators however are faster and made for hunting. If anything its raptors I would be damn scared about.

Dont really think anyone can make it unless you are like very very lucky.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By nickthedevil

I would clear it... everyone knoows that the Dinosaurs really have no comprehension skills shown in the movie right?

and do we have to:

No Caption Provided

if you dont have to get to the CHOPPA, then chances for survival are greatly increased.... but if you do....

you find a large puddle of piss, swim in it... it attracts the larger dinosaurs, but repels the smaller ones... just hope its T-rex piss, or it won't work....

seriously, i would swim in t-rex piss, if it meant my survival. with a shotgun, you'd be able to just about kill anything (thats not a T-rex, or Spinosaurus.

but i don't understand why i wouldn't take a bazooka in the first place...

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kcaz
@Killemall said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Exactly, but then it would depend on which period we are looking at: Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous. Although the names Jurassic part it rather focuses on Cretaceous period but it’s kind of mix because we have early cretaceous (Spinosaurus) and late cretaceous (T-Rex).

If it’s about killing it would be the herbivore that would be harder to kill they are simply way more armoured for anything apart from shot gun do any damage. But, if it’s about survival it’s not the big predators that you need to be worried about.

The big predators will neither be fast (because that is logical, despite you will see few sites saying T-Rex might reach 45km/hr.) The smaller predators however are faster and made for hunting. If anything its raptors I would be damn scared about.

Dont really think anyone can make it unless you are like very very lucky.

there is one way to escape, that is using the mind. we know that most dinosaurs hunt during the day and sleep at night, so the key is not to travel during the day,find somewhere safe,like a tall tree, to rest and set off at night. and during the night, they will be distracted by flares,so carry as many flares as possible,and powerful close range weapons, in case encounter any predators.  
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killemall

@MisterX said:

@Killemall: Hehe, yeah, if you think about it, why would a carnivore as large as a T-Rex waste its energy chasing down somebody who probably wouldn't be so much as a snack to it? I thought they were commonly regarded as scavengers, stealing big kills from smaller dinosaurs who can't defend them, right? Jurassic Park was just a name though, they brought back dinosaurs from every period and placed them in the park if I remember correctly.

Totally man, they reproduced dinosaurs from their dna, that they found in a frozen mosquito :)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@kcaz said:

@Killemall said:
there is one way to escape, that is using the mind. we know that most dinosaurs hunt during the day and sleep at night, so the key is not to travel during the day,find somewhere safe,like a tall tree, to rest and set off at night. and during the night, they will be distracted by flares,so carry as many flares as possible,and powerful close range weapons, in case encounter any predators.
  • There were flying dinosaurs, =) so resting in trees will not help.
  • I think you will find the following link interesting:
  • http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20382-first-evidence-that-some-dinosaurs-were-nocturnal.html
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Erik

Anyone thinking they will actually make it across the island alive is kidding themselves.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kcaz
@Killemall said:

@kcaz said:

@Killemall said:
  • There were flying dinosaurs, =) so resting in trees will not help.
  • I think you will find the following link interesting:
  • http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20382-first-evidence-that-some-dinosaurs-were-nocturnal.html
look,i said most predators hunt at night,i did not say all, so its safer to travel at night than in the day wont u agree? and i did mentioned about using flares to distract them. flying dinosaurs mostly feed on fish and other Oceanic Animal, so they will most likely not be in the middle of the park hunting for herbivorous dinosaurs. even if there is an encounter,their body armor is not as strong as the carnivorous dinosaurs,so as to make them lighter and help them be able to fly,so 1 or 2 shots to the head should put it down 
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheBatman586

With luck, I could do it.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Obtrusive

Probably not by myself, I would need my crew with me. What is the objective?

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GhostRider29

Forget the weapons. I do this naked and bare handed. I kill every dino creep there is. After I talk a T-rex and snap its neck, then I might consider leaving the island. But who in their right mind would want to leave? I say have fun and kill every dino.

Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rainy

Chuck Norris & Mr. T + Macgyver & Arnold Schwarzenegger

Yep those dinos are f**ked Arnold and Mr.T kick and Chuck Norris kick ass while Macgyver builds a dinosaur repellant out of dino sh*t and a smoke grenade.

Avatar image for andersonsilvaissuperman
andersonsilvaissuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With no training, no.

I wonder could a trained Marine do it though.

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bright_Blade

Of course I can, I secretly have super-powers.

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By venomyak

I use the flares to build a rocket and shoot my self into the water exactly three feet to the left of the boat. But why do things the easy way build a flame thrower instead. Or if I'm feeling lazy I'll use my telepathy and mindrape all the dinosaurs to become their king and then I'll build a gladiator arena and declare myself to be the almighty

DR MCAWSOME COOLPANTS GRAVITYKILLER DRAGONSLAYER AFROMAN CHOSENONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or get eaten by a velociraptor

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By progenitorigin

Unless I were Albert Wesker, and could just snap a Raptor's neck, i'm getting eaten for supper.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@progenitor said:

Unless I were Albert Wesker, and could just snap a Raptor's neck, i'm getting eaten for supper.

How would Albert fare against a T-Rex?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By progenitorigin

@Illuminatus said:

@progenitor said:

Good question. No doubt he could out-maneuver the Rex, he'd need to climb the thing a la Raptor from JP and punch out an eye or something, unless he had his S&W magnum with him.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@progenitor said:

@Illuminatus said:

@progenitor said:

Good question. No doubt he could out-maneuver the Rex, he'd need to climb the thing a la Raptor from JP and punch out an eye or something, unless he had his S&W magnum with him.

Interesting. 
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Phylos

really wouldn't matter on what weapons i chose. when it comes to survival, i'd probably be below average to be honest. with my luck i'd walk right into a nesting area for raptors & be shredded down to the bone.

but give me mutant powers & this would be different.

maybe that would be a cool thread, just give people the choice of mutant power, but of course nothing that would be an automatic win.

tie that in with how they really are & you might just have something.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By katanalauncher

How do fuck do you expect any human being to survive that.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By HolySerpent

The smoke grenades would diffently be the best weapon to get. It would be necessary to ur survival. The second weapon would be the shotgun. I would know know how to survive. I would be to afraid to sleep

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

The machete, the crossbow(I can always go back and get the arrows), and the shotgun. I think I MIGHT be able to do it if I stuck to just the edge of the forests and kept the shotgun trained on any and all large bushes.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Floopay

I attempt to survive as long as possible the the old building filled with weapons and hope someone comes to get me. Which they probably will, because I doubt I wouldn't have told a thousand people where I'm going (it's freaking Jurassic Park), and somebody will come looking for me. There, I cheated, suck it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay