You vs Ellie [The Last of us]

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Both begin in on either side of an abandoned warehouse, which is boarded up and dark, with some slivers of sunlight coming through the windows Ellie begins with her switch-blade and a 9mm pistol, you have the same. You don't have detailed knowledge of each other, just that someone is trying to kill you.

Who wins?

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I unarmed?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

@heymanjack: Nope, you have the same as her, switch blade and a 9mm pistol

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know anything about Ellie since I never saw Last Of Us, but I know she's a kid and I'm a good shot. I'd say 7/10 but idk

lemonfryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heymanjack: "Ellie begins with her switch-blade and a 9mm pistol, you have the same"

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellie stomps any of us hard.

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd probably try to make peace with her which i'm sure would get me killed. but if i went in there without trying to make peace then i'm going to say that i would walk out.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jorgevy: She's a remarkably tough kid. You should play the Game.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: She's a remarkably tough kid. You should play the Game.

seems to cinematic to me and I hate zombies.
well if she's thought, I'll give it 51/49, with me taking the lead.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I die happy.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jorgevy: They aren't zombies, they have been infected by the Cordyceps fungus, which has mutated to affect humans.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ends in cuddles.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: They aren't zombies, they have been infected by the Cordyceps fungus, which has mutated to affect humans.

in the end, it's just like zombies.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided
@jorgevy said:
@rogueshadow said:

in the end, it's just like zombies.

Sorry, I'm one of those really sad people who cares.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'll whoop Ellie's ass.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, in game implies without Joel, Ellie would've been raped and killed along time ago. Current me would win. I Probably would have lost if we were the same age "14."

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, in game implies without Joel, Ellie would've been raped and killed along time ago. Current me would win. I Probably would have lost if we were the same age "14."

While that's true, the reverse is also true (Ellie has saved Joel several times)

A better thread would be "how many Comic Vine users can Ellie take", because with her level of toughness and experience, I doubt any one of us can pull it off. Just because she's a teenage girl, doesn't mean she isn't five times as skilled as any of us.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

You seem to know a lot about her

Feats for Ellie that would her over us?

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By 14NC3

None of us stand a chance if we're on our own against her. Unless one of you guys are Joel...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@bruxae: I thought I was the only one who thought she was incredibly adorable. Not quite Clem, but still adorable.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto:

You seem to know a lot about her

Feats for Ellie that would her over us?

Well she survived the plague for one thing. Ellie is highly experienced and knows all the tricks of survival thanks to Joel. She's not exactly Batman, but definitely a helluva lot sneakier than any of us, and far more brutal too, especially considering none of us would go bloodlusted against a little girl. She takes on bloodthirsty psychopaths and gangsters on a daily basis and gets in more fights per-week than any of us have had in our whole life.

I haven't actually played the game yet, I'm just going off previews and what I've read, so unfortunately I can't name any specific feats. Just from the actual plot of the game though, it's clear Ellie is far tougher than people who debate over which fictional character would beat who :P

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 14NC3

@thedarklordpandamonium:

She's able to take on a horde of runners, as well as take down a friggin bloater. Albeit she had help from one guy, but he was barely contributing anything to the fight and he wasn't Joel.

She was also able to take on and kill fully grown armed men in their prime, with a combination of stealth and skill (she had nothing but her switchblade as well).

Ellie's shown off her accuracy with a gun and her badass stealth skills throughout the whole game. Considering she's able to stealth and kill multiple mutants who have superhuman hearing, as well as multiple armed men in conditions exactly like this fight, we have no chance on our own unless one of us have some type of special, super advanced training or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

She'll sneak up to me and kill me with her knife 7/10 times.

But if I see her first I think I could beat her hand to hand 9/10 times.

And if we have a shootout I'll win 5/10 times (I never shot a real gun but I shot a lot of airsoft and paintball)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@nickzambuto: So you're argument is: if you enjoy fiction, you can't be a badass? Lol, in our world I think Ellie would probably be pretty nerdy.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well she survived the plague for one thing. Ellie is highly experienced and knows all the tricks of survival thanks to Joel. She's not exactly Batman, but definitely a helluva lot sneakier than any of us, and far more brutal too, especially considering none of us would go bloodlusted against a little girl.

You are underestimating me, I'd kill her if I had the chance.

She takes on bloodthirsty psychopaths and gangsters on a daily basis and gets in more fights per-week than any of us have had in our whole life.

Probably true.

I haven't actually played the game yet, I'm just going off previews and what I've read, so unfortunately I can't name any specific feats. Just from the actual plot of the game though, it's clear Ellie is far tougher than people who debate over which fictional character would beat who :P

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

She's able to take on a horde of runners, as well as take down a friggin bloater

I have no idea what those are.

Albeit she had help from one guy, but he was barely contributing anything to the fight and he wasn't Joel. She was also able to take on and kill many fully grown men in their prime, with a combination of stealth and skill (she had nothing but her switchblade as well).

I mean...I grew up in the shadiest places you can imagine, I've done things like that as well.

She's shown off her accuracy with a gun and her badass stealth skills throughout the whole game. In a warehouse, there's no way one of us on our own can take her unless we've got special training or something.

I have pretty good stealth skills. Terrible accuracy b/c I've only used guns like a dozen times in my life.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 14NC3
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Considering she's able to stealth and kill multiple mutants who had superhuman hearing, as well as multiple men in their prime with guns, in conditions like this fight we have no chance on our own unless one of us have some type of special, super advanced training or something.

How did she kill them?

Who the hell are these mutants?

Who the hell are these MEN?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium:

the mutants are in the game retarded insta kill blind zombies with shrooms growing on their face.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 14NC3

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Considering she's able to stealth and kill multiple mutants who had superhuman hearing, as well as multiple men in their prime with guns, in conditions like this fight we have no chance on our own unless one of us have some type of special, super advanced training or something.

How did she kill them?

With bow and arrows, guns etc. + her switch blade. The mutants are called clickers, they have super hearing and a type of echolation like daredevil but no where near his scale. The men are just a couple guys in their prime who have had experience killing and hunting down people before.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

How did she kill them?

If you haven't played the game, how could you possibly know what you're talking about?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Albeit she had help from one guy, but he was barely contributing anything to the fight and he wasn't Joel. She was also able to take on and kill many fully grown men in their prime, with a combination of stealth and skill (she had nothing but her switchblade as well).

I mean...I grew up in the shadiest places you can imagine, I've done things like that as well.

You've killed many full grown men?

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

You've killed many full grown men?

lool

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

I don't, that's why I'm asking for feats. XD

@14nc3 said:

With bow and arrows, guns etc. + her switch blade. The mutants are called clickers, they have super hearing and a type of echolation like daredevil but no where near his scale. The men are just a couple guys in their prime who have had experience killing and hunting down people before.

Damn.

So she just shanked them or shot them?

In a warehouse I'd imagine her stealthing would get the better of most of us.

@thedarklordpandamonium:

the mutants are in the game retarded insta kill blind zombies with shrooms growing on their face.

o_O

that sounds so metal

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 14NC3

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Yeah. But if it was a close up match, depending on your age you could win. Just saying, under these conditions most of us lose badly. You should get the game, it's AWESOME.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Yeah. But if it was a close up match, depending on your age you could win. Just saying, under these conditions most of us lose badly. You should get the game, it's AWESOME.

So everyone tells me.

We're just at a cafe and someone brings up game of the year and everything at the damn table except from me is like 'Last of Us...' 'Dude Last of Us...' 'Last of Us No Question...' 'Dude it was so good it made me die and come back to life...' 'Last of Us is the Last of my Life...'

And I'm just there like

'Arkham Origins?'

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By 14NC3

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

So everyone tells me.

We're just at a cafe and someone brings up game of the year and everything at the damn table except from me is like 'Last of Us...' 'Dude Last of Us...' 'Last of Us No Question...' 'Dude it was so good it made me die and come back to life...' 'Last of Us is the Last of my Life...'

And I'm just there like

'Arkham Origins?'

LMAO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

For each their own I guess. I didn't really like it. But that's probably because I expected the best game ever cus of all the 10/10 ratings.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk I might try to reason with her if I knew who it was.

If i didn't know I would probably take it(A big probably)

lol but i actually think my 14 yr old self would do better as I worked out with my uncle at that age.and was a bit over average at knife and average at bowing skills.(Plus I watched and read to much star wars and thought of my self as a Sith apprentice lol also got into Greek and Roman times)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

@thedarklordpandamonium: I'm super looking forward to Origins, but so far the mechanics look near identical to City, I wanna see them mix it up a bit more, maybe a more agile, acrobatic Batman or something, since he's younger. But I also think it's way to soon to call GOTY as though it is fact[Cough Cough IGN], since this generation is ending it is going to go out with one hell of a blast, so far, i'd say:

Bio-shock infinit

The Last Of Us

Tomb Raider[I know I'm crazy]

Beyond: Two Souls [If it doesn't keep lookng worse and worse]

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Because... well... Clementine

Assassin's Creed 4

Batman: Arkham Origins

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

For each their own I guess. I didn't really like it. But that's probably because I expected the best game ever cus of all the 10/10 ratings.

Fair enough. What disappointed you about the game?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided
@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

1) The survival aspect: I don't know about you guys but I ended the game with: 20 pistol bullets, 10 shotgun shells, 15 rifle ammo, 160 flamethrower stuff, and 15 arrows. And if you were wounded; Tess or Ellie would magically find a healing kid. ON HARD

2) The bugs: I never played a game this buggy, Few exaple: I was walking around in bills town when suddenly I died(nothing happend, did I get a cold or something?) , or when I'm sneaking and Ellie Runs to a clicker, bumps in to the clicker and as a result the clicker could see me, but not Ellie? And a lot more.

3) Retarded AI: The Ai was just retarded.

4) All the ladders,Ellie can't swim and she has to make it across, move a dumpster,etc parts of the game. I like puzzles in games, I really do. But doing almost the same puzzle 100 times starts to get annoying.

5) Anticlimactic ending. I'm not going to spoil it.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 14NC3

@scorpion2501 said:

@14nc3 said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

1) The survival aspect: I don't know about you guys but I ended the game with: 20 pistol bullets, 10 shotgun shells, 15 rifle ammo, 160 flamethrower stuff, and 15 arrows. And if you were wounded; Tess or Ellie would magically find a healing kid.

2) The bugs: I never played a game this buggy, Few exaple: I was walking around in bills town when suddenly I died(nothing happend, did I get a cold or something?) , or when I'm sneaking and Ellie Runs to a clicker, bumps in to the clicker and as a result the clicker could see me, but not Ellie? And a lot more.

4) All the ladders,Ellie can't swim and she has to make it across, move a dumpster,etc parts of the game. I like puzzles in games, I really do. But the 100th time it starts to get annoying

1. I agree with the survival aspect, I had a shit ton of ammo at the end of the game.
  2. The first bug you mentioned i've never seen or heard about, but it sounds hilarious XD. The second bug hasn't happened to me either. But there's one glitch that happens all the time: when you have another person with you, they always walk right in front of the enemy, but then they don't even realise it and carry and just carry on with what they're doing. I guess one of the only things that needed to be improved on was this.
  3. Lol yeah. Not absolutely terrible, but bad.
  4. Didn't think it was a bad way to extend the gameplay time. And i didn't mind it.
  5. The ending was awesome, but was too short. Where they ended it, I thought 'wtf?' and waited all the way through the credits to find nothing. But I loved how it ended as it fit into Joels character and it didn't have that cliched ending that you were expecting. Didn't really ruin the game for me though...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@14nc3 said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@14nc3 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

1) The survival aspect: I don't know about you guys but I ended the game with: 20 pistol bullets, 10 shotgun shells, 15 rifle ammo, 160 flamethrower stuff, and 15 arrows. And if you were wounded; Tess or Ellie would magically find a healing kid.

4) All the ladders,Ellie can't swim and she has to make it across, move a dumpster,etc parts of the game. I like puzzles in games, I really do. But the 100th time it starts to get annoying

1. I agree with the survival aspect, I had a shit ton of ammo at the end of the game.
  2. The first bug you mentioned i've never seen or heard about, but it sounds hilarious XD. The second bug hasn't happened to me either. But there's one glitch that happens all the time: when you have another person with you, they always walk right in front of the enemy, but then they don't even realise it and carry and just carry on with what they're doing. I guess one of the only things that needed to be improved on was this.
  3. Lol yeah. Not absolutely terrible, but bad.
  4. Didn't think it was a bad way to extend the gameplay time. And i didn't mind it.
  5. The ending was awesome, but was too short. Where they ended it, I thought 'wtf?' and waited all the way through the credits to find nothing. But I loved how it ended as it fit into Joels character and it didn't have that cliched ending that you were expecting. Didn't really ruin the game for me though...

The ending is totally a personal experience. It depends on how your mind works if you like it or not. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But every reviewer gives it 10/10. So I was disappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Dude im a 5,11 foot thirteen year old who can lift 95 kilos pounds and has hard skin in tequando. Im tall i know but im almost 14 i am good at shots with nerf. I would break everysingle part of her body exept for private parts that would be weird but still i own. I tried archery range and i have shot really well. I have been on an unexpected gang fight with 3 adults and i am such a freakn boxer. 1 punch is like a giant bullet that i have. I beat those gangsters easily. In laser tag with my friend i never got killed cuz no one saw me. I once did an arm wrestle with an athlete and won. Ellie would go bleeding and im faster than her. She will miss and i got hit by a bb gun before and it hurt. My footsteps dont make sounds easily depending on what shoe i am wearing. And i would just run up to her go sideways and bear hug her and make sure she is not holding her blade by breaking her hand. As the bear hug starts her neck will crack and she will die although the bear hug move would give me a 6/10 chance to kill her because she might bite me. But still what i do in real fights is box to death and 1 punch she would cry and bleed. Im like a bloater. Besides before i go close i would shoot her butt and get her gun and disarm her from all weapons then punch her stomach. If she bites me immediatly i punch her face. Go bleeding again. Then with the switchblade i disarmed or have i will stab her arm while grappling her with my left amd stabbing with my blade while she is on the ground and im sitting on her im 76 kilos. And then while her arm is bleeding i will cut that bleeding arm even if the blade itself breaks. Then i will pop both of her knees but not cut it but just to paralyze her legs. I dont know it might cut her legs but after that i will carry her to an empty room and lock her there. Then she will bleed to death and i will make a grave for her that says " the stupid girl who tried to take me on." I am such a mean person. Dont blame me she started it.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Ellie doesn't even need the gun to win, she just throws her switchblade, and *splat*.

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PhantomLantern8

@nickzambuto: Dude im a 5,11 foot thirteen year old who can lift 110 pounds and has hard skin in tequando. Im tall i know but im almost 14 i am good at shots with nerf.I would break everysingle part of her body exept for private parts that would be weird but still i own. I tried archery range and i have shot really well. I have been on an unexpected gang fight with 3 adults and i am such a freakn boxer. 1 punch is like a giant bullet that i have. I beat those gangsters easily.

@ everything in bold

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokerpoker: I have freakn hard skin and i am just like bruce lee. Switchblade would just wound me bullets as well i will dodge them. Since u r in a an abandoned warehouse i would use the planks as a sheild. I once boxed a boxing thingy and broke it k.o and bb gun shot my arm only wounded. Karate chopped wood no problem. Breaking wood no problem. I know myself and ellie has only been fighting idiots in the game. She struggled against david and the switchblade didnt kill him. As i said i would break her bones and probably break yours worse if u r weaker. Im doing this if ellie ever throws a swithblade at me or even wounds my hardskin arm i would block that blade my reflexes are high with my arm thats only wounded and i would not be hindered and shoot any place of her body besides i have a wooden olank sheild. And then while she is hurt i will cut every limb off her body. So dead ellie.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We bound over comics.