• 52 results
#1 Edited by Frocharocha (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

No, this is not a internet Troll... But a real life troll! Just liek that ones from the movie Troll Hunter. You are travelling at Sweeden at night hunting for bears and other animals (it's probably illegal to hutn there, but you are a badass here). when you hear a strange sound. You go check thinking it's a bear and when you notice it's a huge hungry Troll trying to eat you.

-The Troll is 30 yards away from you.

-The Troll is over 15 feet high.

-You are equiped with: A hunting rifle with 23 shots (Blaser R8 Professional), a lamp, some bear traps, over 500 thumbtacks, a signal gun to call 7 dogs and of course.. your car with hudnreds of equippment. But you need to be alive to get there.

-if you reach the car you can use a Punt gun and 577 Tyrannosaur Rounds.

Who wins?

Who wins

#2 Edited by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Me easily

#3 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

How durable is it?

How fast?

I can shoot it in the head and sprint away easily.

#4 Posted by Frocharocha (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

How durable is it?

How fast?

They can get up to 100 ft tall and and extremely fast and strong.

#5 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio

No, this is not a internet Troll... But a real life troll!

A "real life" troll huh? lol. Internet ones are more fun though :3

Anyway...what caliber is the rifle, what type of action does it have, how many shots do I have?

#6 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie was better than I thought it would be, also I would die horribly assuming it catches me, since I'm not stupid enough to fight it!

#7 Posted by Frocharocha (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie was better than I thought it would be, also I would die horribly assuming it catches me, since I'm not stupid enough to fight it!

Same here. I watched it some years ago thinking it was going to be a trash like movie but it's pretty good ;P

A "real life" troll huh? lol. Internet ones are more fun though :3

Anyway...what caliber is the rifle, what type of action does it have, how many shots do I have?

23 shoots.

#8 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

A troll wouldn't be effective against me at all. Not nearly laser resistant enough to take me on.

#9 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: lol okay. Still need a caliber of the rifle and the type of action though. Trolls given their size should realistically have significantly higher bone density. Something the lines of an elephant seems like a good comparison...

Even a shot to the head might not be enough with a low caliber rifle to pierce the skull. I'm a solid shot but I also don't know that I can reliable hit the troll in the eyes when its charging at me either lol

#10 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

How durable is it?

How fast?

How fast and strong? Lol I haven't seen the movie.

#11 Edited by JediXMan (30584 posts) - - Show Bio

I've beaten down my fair share of trolls.

#12 Posted by Frocharocha (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: lol okay. Still need a caliber of the rifle and the type of action though. Trolls given their size should realistically have significantly higher bone density. Something the lines of an elephant seems like a good comparison...

Even a shot to the head might not be enough with a low caliber rifle to pierce the skull. I'm a solid shot but I also don't know that I can reliable hit the troll in the eyes when its charging at me either lol

They are durable enough to survive over 20,000 volts of eletricity and still apss trough the cables.

lol okay. Still need a caliber of the rifle and the type of action though. Trolls given their size should realistically have significantly higher bone density. Something the lines of an elephant seems like a good comparison...

You get a Punt Gun if you are able to reach the car. The hunting rifle yo uuse will be a Blaser R8 Professional. I will edit the topic.

#13 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

How durable is it?

How fast?

How fast and strong? Lol I haven't seen the movie.

The big ones walk through trees like nothing and throw rocks as big as a small house. They also are about as fast a car.

#14 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by XLR87T3 (2761 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: I'm not exactly familiar with that rifle so correct me if I'm wrong (did a quick search)

It only comes in bolt-action - not good (in this scenario)

Available cartridges are: .375 H&H, .30-06 Sprg, .308 Win, .300 Win Mag, 300 Wby, and .270 Win

Of those choices the only option I'd even think about using on an elephant/troll type being is the .375 H&H. Its probably the only one that could crack open the skull and deliver a kill shot. A body shot probably would not do as the massive amount of flesh and fat would not be enough to pierce the heart (assuming a troll's heart is even in the same position...)

I don't like my chances to be honest. Bolt-action means I probably only got 2-4 well aimed shots at maximum before the troll gets to me.

.577 would definitely do it of course lol. Although I've never fired anything that uses that cartridge so my ability to use the weapon effective would probably not be amazing. I also suck at running :D

As far as the other stuff...the dogs may be handy if they're big enough / fast enough / not too far away...to distract the troll and allow me more shots...but I don't see them being able to damage it effectively.

I'd like my chances a lot more if my rifle was firing at least .416, and optimally .444, .458 or .460 - specifically something with a semi-auto action too.

#17 Posted by MisterWhisper (1913 posts) - - Show Bio

Until this place gets an ignore button, the troll is a massive threat.

#18 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12143 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Bruxae (13824 posts) - - Show Bio

No one in this topic including me would stand a remote chance.

#20 Posted by Frocharocha (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

That's why i gave tyranossaur bullets to use agaisn't it :P

#21 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

That's why i gave tyranossaur bullets to use agaisn't it :P

You'd shatter your shoulder firing a rifle that used this ammunition! (unless vehicle mounted)

#22 Posted by acer51 (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I'll be the troll and anyone who think they can win can come up and fight me.

#23 Posted by ComicStooge (12764 posts) - - Show Bio

Ends in sex.

#24 Posted by Bruxae (13824 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: They could work, I just dont think anyone would reach the car.. Unless the trolls are like crippled, I havent seen the movie.

#25 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

I might be able to just out run the troll and put enough distance so i can call my mom to save me

#28 Posted by ComicStooge (12764 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

I might be able to just out run the troll and put enough distance so i can call my mom to save me

#30 Edited by imperiex96 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I love dogs but me or them and i'm calling them in (fodder) immediately while i break for my car. I'm a decent runner but after hearing of their capabilities I have a mental image of a Flat Stanley version of me...

#31 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Me easily. First I set several bear traps between me and the troll. Then I shoot him several times to slow him down. Then I blast him repeatedly in the head with the tyrannosaur rounds. The dogs are a none factor, and would only work to distract him for a millisecond while he eats them whole, no matter what the breed.

#32 Posted by XLR87T3 (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is what Ash Ketchum thinks about your comment.

#33 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

I drink my flag power up in order to get the ability to summon the legendary skyfather level ally known as the "Mod" and he wipes the troll from existence.

#34 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit it with the car and shoot it repetedly

#35 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon, why don't you let us choose our gun instead?

#36 Edited by HeyWannaPlay (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I would win.

#37 Edited by xlab3000 (3275 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by nightwing444 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins

#39 Posted by Perethorn (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

If i troll the troll i may be able to win.

#40 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Tsk, such assumptions. I'm gonna have to make a respect thread for myself one of these days so people know about my feats.

#41 Posted by Ostyo (7815 posts) - - Show Bio

No troll is trollin' me at my own game!

#42 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

the troll has met its match.... read my name fools

#43 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

I beat the troll, but at the end of the battle I'd be injured.

#44 Edited by XxGin (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

I turn int the Hulk and fuck him up

#45 Posted by Bruxae (13824 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Tsk, such assumptions. I'm gonna have to make a respect thread for myself one of these days so people know about my feats.

Im sure you have plenty of feats such as "Finished a fap in under 2 minutes" and "Letting your snot touch ground before snorting it back up." :p

#46 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@decoyelite said:

@bruxae said:

Im sure you have plenty of feats such as "Finished a fap in under 2 minutes" and "Letting your snot touch ground before snorting it back up." :p

I threw a poop monster into the sun and killed a dude on here with lasers. :V

#47 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

C'mon, why don't you let us choose our gun instead?

Nice man lol. I have the opportunity to fire a .50 cal on two occasions but I don't own one. Such a sick weapon though.

#48 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

#50 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

IGNORIN' MUH FEATS!