• 98 results
#1 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just remaking this thread with for a purpose that I'll reveal later.

A man thinks you are trying to rob him. He pulls out his hand gun and aims it at you, preparing to fire.

The man has a gold 9 mm handgun with a full clip and knows how to use it.

His height is 6'2 and he weighs approximately 170 lbs. He is 25 years of age.

He has been taking mixed martial arts classes for 6 months and was placed in actual fighting in order to make the best of his training.

He is convinced that you are trying to hurt him and is determined to defend himself by attacking first.

You: are lucky and happen to have Captain America's shield at the moment.

You found the shield two days prior and have had time to practice with it.

You had a dream the night before you found the shield warning you of this moment.

You are allowed thin kevlar lining on your pants or a low dose shot of adrenaline on top of your normal adrenaline rush.

You originally did not want to harm him but you are now furious that he is aiming a gun at you.

If he empties his clip and does not kill you first, he proceeds to rush you, engaging in hand to hand, determined to take you down. You still have the shield to use.

Who takes it?

Fight takes place in this parking lot. You are at the tree by the poll on the left and he is at the one directly across from it.

#2 Posted by Saren (25313 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't I bring a gun of my own, since I was forewarned by the dream?

#3 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the point your trying to make. I would honestly just probably block with the shield, and then bash the shield against his face when he tries to rush me.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I still maintain I'll probably lose.

#5 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Can't I bring a gun of my own, since I was forewarned by the dream?

No. :P

#6 Posted by nick_hero22 (6751 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you copy someone thread? This is not unique or creative you plagiarized another user's thread.

#7 Posted by Joygirl (18731 posts) - - Show Bio

I still win. That guy is SCRAWNY and I've got adrenaline.

#8 Posted by jashro44 (19764 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

Why did you copy someone thread? This is not unique or creative you plagiarized another user's thread.

@PunkMastaFlex said:

#9 Edited by nick_hero22 (6751 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

He didn't remake it he copied it which is plagiarism.

#10 Posted by jashro44 (19764 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

@jashro44 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Its just an internet thread....Not really a big deal.
#11 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

I deflect his bullets with the shield he charges me and I smash his head in with the shield I have no quams about killing a man but I will not harm a woman I have more honor than that

#12 Posted by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio
@spystreak: Even a woman with a gun that's trying to kill you?
#13 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thirteen13:

I'll disarm her but I refuse to hurt a woman

#14 Posted by Mortein (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

I would cover myself with a shield and start running away

#15 Posted by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@spystreak said:

@Thirteen13:

^Social brainwashing at its finest.

#16 Edited by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio
@spystreak: Okay you (somehow) manage to disarm the fictitious woman, however, she is now intent on physical assaulting you and causing serious harm and is practically unrestrainable, what do you do? Be a honourable gentleman and allow her to beat the sh!t out of you?
#17 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@spystreak said:

@Thirteen13:

it's not social brainwashing My mother was with a guy that beat her up as well as myself and I will never lower myself to his level I'd rather die than become like him

#18 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thirteen13:

simple I avoid her blows eventually she will tire herself out or become rational again whichever comes first

#19 Edited by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@spystreak said:

@Jezer said:

@spystreak said:

@Thirteen13:

it's not social brainwashing My mother was with a guy that beat her up as well as myself and I will never lower myself to his level I'd rather die than become like him

So you equate a guy abusing your mother with you defending yourself against a female assailant... just because they're both female?

The only similarity is that they're both female. This is social brainwashing.

The guy also abused you - so if you really don't want to be like him - you wouldn't hurt males as well, right? The difference is that there isn't a social stigma associated with hurting men, like there is with women.

#20 Edited by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio

No offence, but that is ridiculous trying to avoid everyone of her attacks (unless your Spiderman or something). However, good luck to you if you actually decide to use that tactic if the situation happens in reality.

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I tank the bullets...again.

#22 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

me too 6'2 170 with martial arts training is too much

#23 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@jashro44 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

When you understand why this thread was made, come back and post on my thread. In the meantime, leave.

#24 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

Height doesn't matter much in this situation.

#25 Posted by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

Height generally correlates with your reach. Which is important in hand-to-hand.

#26 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

Height generally correlates with your reach. Which is important in hand-to-hand.

I know that. Not much of a difference depending on the person's height. A person that's 5'3 can still strike someone that's 6'2.

#27 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

I know that. Not much of a difference depending on the person's height. A person that's 5'3 can still strike someone that's 6'2.

but they'd have to get really close, my reach is pretty good for 5'11, my arm span is like 3 inches longer than my body but still his weight class and training.

#28 Posted by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

But it's much harder to strike their head i.e. go for a knockout. Based on general height/reach proportions, it's a lot harder for a 5'3 person to hit a 6'2 person because they have to pass their reach first.

I know you're trying to focus on height, but most people associate height with length of limbs i.e. reach....But they're not going to say a "A person with so and so reach and 170 pound", they're going to comment it using height.

#29 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus:

You have Steve's shield. @Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

But it's much harder to strike their head i.e. go for a knockout. Based on general height/reach proportions, it's a lot harder for a 5'3 person to hit a 6'2 person because they have to pass their reach first.

I know you're trying to focus on height, but most people associate height with length of limbs i.e. reach....But they're not going to say a "A person with so and so reach and 170 pound", they're going to comment it using height.

It's not harder depending on their fighting ability and what they've trained in. If it was boxing, then sure.

You can still utilize the legs and shield to aid you. I understand what you're saying but that's merely a state of mind and rule that's learned and not of any importance for this scenario. You're going to have to drop that way of thinking (But keep it in your head) in order to have a chance to survive.

#30 Posted by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

It's not harder depending on their fighting ability and what they've trained in. If it was boxing, then sure.

You can still utilize the legs and shield to aid you. I understand what you're saying but that's merely a state of mind and rule that's learned and not of any importance for this scenario. You're going to have to drop that way of thinking (But keep it in your head) in order to have a chance to survive.

If it was boxing and if it was grappling, because you'd have to get in their reach and then they could grab you. Also, even utilizing your legs...if they're taller than you, their legs are longer than yours and they have a reach advantage with their kicks as well.

Sure, the shield you have may make it all irrelevent. But, if you lose the shield in the struggle or decide it's too heavy for you to wield - it still falls back to hand-to-hand. Where their reach and weight puts you at a disadvantage physically from the start without factoring in fighting skill....I didn't know this was a rule, it just seems like basic understanding of the mechanics of fighting.

Of course, none of this necessarily applies to me as I'm 5'8 with a wingspan that's longer than friends I know that are 6ft and roughly 6'2. I wouldn't focus on this if I was gonna fight this guy, but I can understand someonelse using height/weight as a reason they wouldn't stand a chance.

#31 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm stuck in a quote pyramid :/

#32 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@difficlus said:

@ReVamp said:

If it was boxing and if it was grappling, because you'd have to get in their reach and then they could grab you. Also, even utilizing your legs...if they're taller than you, their legs are longer than yours and they have a reach advantage with their kicks as well.

Sure, the shield you have may make it all irrelevent. But, if you lose the shield in the struggle or decide it's too heavy for you to wield - it still falls back to hand-to-hand. Where their reach and weight puts you at a disadvantage physically from the start without factoring in fighting skill....I didn't know this was a rule, it just seems like basic understanding of the mechanics of fighting.

Of course, none of this necessarily applies to me as I'm 5'8 with a wingspan that's longer than friends I know that are 6ft and roughly 6'2. I wouldn't focus on this if I was gonna fight this guy, but I can understand someonelse using height/weight as a reason they wouldn't stand a chance.

well said!!

#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

me

#34 Posted by Fetts (4417 posts) - - Show Bio

I own Mandalorian armor and a crapload of weapons so I think I should be fine.

#35 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@spystreak said:

@Jezer said:

@spystreak said:

@Thirteen13:

So you equate a guy abusing your mother with you defending yourself against a female assailant... just because they're both female?

The only similarity is that they're both female. This is social brainwashing.

The guy also abused you - so if you really don't want to be like him - you wouldn't hurt males as well, right? The difference is that there isn't a social stigma associated with hurting men, like there is with women.

It's not only brainwashing. It's sexist.

#36 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (249 posts) - - Show Bio

If I can tank the bullets with the shield, the adrenaline shot would give me a speed boost to kick him in the nuts or knees when he charges.

After that I'd probably run away and call the cops.

#37 Edited by mextli (648 posts) - - Show Bio

If the guy is panicked and not aiming rationally i should be able to effectively block the bullets with the shield. Ive fought people larger than me before and gotten inside their guard, with the shot adrenaline i should be more than fast enough to do it and beat him down with the shield. I dont have a lot of formal training but I have been in a shit-ton of fights in my life as well as general sparring with my friends and Ive come out on top in all but a couple circumstances. With only 6 months MMA training I dont think any skill difference will be negligible.

and I am like 5'9" and weigh about 165lb (weigfht is high for my stature but a I am actually pretty lean and alot of it is muscle.

#38 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3452 posts) - - Show Bio

I die.

#39 Posted by _Cain_ (23630 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's to test how misogynistic we are... The hidden meaning.

#40 Posted by mextli (648 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666: that was the obvious implication, at least to me. I didnt post in the girl with a gun thread but i would have beat her down too. I would have held back but i would have fought to submit and k.o her.

#41 Posted by _Cain_ (23630 posts) - - Show Bio

@mextli: Same here. It wasn't very hidden that he basically paraphrased the other thread. As a young, weak nerd i lose no matter what lol. I doubt i can even pick up the shield lol.

#42 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

me

#43 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

my answer is still the same smash him in head with the shield till KO or dead, so remind him to take his medication or not take to many drugs to enhance his paranoia lool

#44 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiss_lamia said:

my answer is still the same smash him in head with the shield till KO or dead, so remind him to take his medication or not take to many drugs to enhance his paranoia lool

The shield is to heavy to be wielded like that by someone non-enhanced.

So you got super strength?

#45 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: Yes i called upon the power of Cthon before leaving the house that day lool
#46 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiss_lamia: That's cool.Although being a robot I don't even need the shield. /smug

#47 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: LOOOL :P
#48 Edited by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been doing boxing and Jiu-jitsu for over a year, when he rushes me I'd circle to the right slightly, and when he threw a punch or went to grab me I'd throw an overhand right (with the shield) into thedirection of his head where the edge of the shield would be the contact point.

Now, accuracy isn't so important right now, because even if I hit is arm, back or neck, the weight/strength of his shield will basically break whatever it hits.

Now I'll give a few possibilities...

1. I hit him in the head.. he's done, or he's down and I can ground and pound, or he's dizzy/bloodied and I have the advantage based on his sight at this time.

2. Arm, it's definitely broken or fractured or badly damaged, so I'd have a stand-up and ground advantage and just go with the flow. If we ended up on the ground I'd isolate his damaged (left) arm and stretch/bend it in any way to cause him pain and discomfort until I could actually lock in a kimoura or possibly an armbar (though an armbar would be hard as hell while holding the shield). If we stood up I'd just use the shield to keep the distance, and counter him when he rushed in. Now, if he got ahold of the shield I'd grab him with my free arm, thrust forward with the shield as much as I could with him holding it, and place my left leg behind his right, trying to trip him, or once again have the distance created when the disengage takes place etc.

3. Neck? It'd probably kill him, breaking or severely damaging the caruded (I can't spell) artery or the jugular. Or even break this throat/cut it.

EDIT; I'd take the adrenaline rush cause the kevlar would limit your mobility greatly.

#49 Posted by The Impersonator (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

I WIN! =P

#50 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

I use the shield as a defensive weapon and then I choose the adrenaline needle as my offensive weapon. Hell, worst case scenario I get stabbed with my own adrenaline shot and assuming he doesn't know what's in the needle, I pull a Forrest Gump and live to fight another day.