• 138 results
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ChaosBlazer

First off, this thread is going to be based off of what made in the past.

Basically, you will use points to buy skills, abilities, powers, weapons and gear, then you will be pitted against a gauntlet of characters related to the new 52 Batman comics. Your base form will be a wimpy, weak, regular human being. You can, however, boost your stats and abilities with your points.

You will recieve 250 points in this gauntlet.

Also, you will not see the gauntlet until after you've picked your powers, skills, gear and weapons.

You may also pick weaknesses, which will cost you negative points, which translates to you actually getting points from selecting weaknesses. These points may be used like regular points to buy other things.

Note: If you choose 2 powers or 2 skills, and those powers have an overlap, you can layer these powers. For example, if you choose the strength of Bane along with the physical stats of Batman, you will have the strength of Batman and Bane combined.

Powers:

Healing ability, strength, speed, and endurance of William Cobb (Talon)- 150 points

Strength, durability, and endurance of Bane on Venom- 150 points

Physical stats (strength, speed, endurance, durability, agility, dexterity, coordination, and senses) of Batman- 140 points

Physical stats (strength, speed, endurance, durability, agility, dexterity, coordination, and senses) of Nightwing- 130 points

Brain and smarts of Deathstroke (will enable you to optimize prep time, since Slade was able to create an EMP in about 30 seconds) - 110 points

Nobody's sonic attack (can only use for 5 seconds at a time, then wait 1 minute to use again)- 80 points

Lady Shiva's Nervous System Control (you bleed at half the rate of a normal human, and feel no physical pain from injuries)- 60 points

Cassandra Cain's Body Reading (you can see what move an opponent is about to make in your mind)- 150 points

Saiko's durability, speed, agility, and endurance (can tank electric shocks that would easily knock out a regular human being, faster and as agile as Nightwing)- 110 points

Skills:

Archery skills of Roy Harper- 60 points

Gun skills of Jason Todd- 60 points

Complete skillset of Deathstroke- 130 points

H2H skills of Damian Wayne- 60 points

Complete skillset of Nightwing- 125 points

Complete skillset of William Cobb- 120 points

Nerve strike (you know how to use the nerve strike between the eyes, where the nose bridges to the skull, for an instant KO)- 60 points

Note: Complete skillset means h2h fighting skills and weaponry skills combined. Keep in mind, if you have good fighting skills but crummy physical stats, you will be at a disadvantage to a physically superior opponent, because you will tire more easily, and in a fight, if you get tired before the other guy does, you're toast! H2H skills do not include nerve strikes.

Gear and Weapons:

Deathstroke's Nth metal suit (enhances strength to 2 ton levels, enhances all other physical stats to Nightwing's level, raises blunt-trauma durability)- 160 points

Saiko's suit (complete with claws, 2 rockets for each hand, boosts durability slightly against blunt trauma)- 70 points

Jason Todd's two pistols with unlimited ammo (must reload them though)- 45 points

Roy Harper's bow with unlimited steel-tip arrows and 25 exploding arrows per round- 40 points

Nightwing's escrima sticks with electrode tips- 30 points

Deathstroke's two swords- 35 points

Steel crowbar, knife, or baseball bat- 10 points

Paragon's 2 circular plasma blades- 35 points

Bulletproof 20 pound vest- 15 points

Mr. Freeze's ice gun- 60 points

Unlimited throwing knives of the design used by the Talons- 25 points

Steel, bulletproof gauntlets and boots (weighs 10 pounds)- 15 points

Note: If there is a weapon set that has you buy 2 weapons, like Nightwing's escrima sticks or Deathstrokes swords, you can go with the option of only purchasing one of the weapon. Just halve the price, rounding up on odd numbers.

Good Traits: (first one is free. Any after that cost you 50 points.)

Smart: Any prep time you get is doubled for you.

Brave: Scarecrow's fear toxin will not work against you, you feel little to no physical pain from injuries, though your durability isn't boosted any.

Mechanic: You get one free EMP and one free taser for every round.

Diplomat: You can talk your way out of one of the first 3 rounds.

Friends: For one round only, you get the assistance of Batman. Bats will not prep with you, but he will fight alongside you, with his standard gear.

Prepped: For one round only, you will be prepped by Batman.

Druggy: For the first 5 minutes of a fight, your physical strength, durability, pain resistance, and speed is doubled.

Medic: You get access to basic medical supplies during rest periods between rounds.

Weight-lifter: Strength and durability is multiplied by a factor of 1.5.

Runner: Speed and endurance/stamina is multiplied by a factor of 1.5.

Weaknesses:

Talon's weakness to cold temperatures (if the surrounding temperature drops to below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, or 0 degrees Celsius, you are knocked out)- gives 35 points

Lack of prep (your opponents will get an extra 1 hour of prep in the gauntlet)- gives you 50 points

Just a little unprepared (your opponents will get an extra half hour of prep in the gauntlet)- gives you 25 points

Bab's weakness to guns (when you see your opponent pull a gun, you don't move for 5 seconds.) - gives you 25 points

Weak heart and lungs (endurance and stamina is halved)- gives you 35 points

Brittle bones (strength and durability is halved)- gives you 35 points

Sleepy-head (falls asleep 15 minutes into a fight)- gives you 45 points

Venom-tube (you have a noticeable tube on your neck that, when severed, crushed, or shot, your physical stats will be halved)- gives you 70 points

Not too bright (any prep time you have is cut in half)- gives you 30 points

The dullest blade in the drawer (no prep whatsoever. You have lost it all.)- gives you 80 points

Rules:

The effects of your choices will put through an ordered system. Basically, you first choose your powers, which are then affected by gear, which are then affected by traits, and finally by weaknesses.

Example: (disregard points in this example) If you choose Bane's strength first, you now have around, um, 3 tons of strength. Say that you next choose deathstroke's nth metal suit. Now, you have 5 ton strength, since you are allowed to layer physical stats and skills. Next, say you choose weight lifter as a trait. Now, your strength is at 7.5 tons. Now, say that you choose the weakness called brittle bones. Now, you have 3.75 tons of strength. That is the ordering system- you wokr from the top down. Understood?

Also, if you choose a bunch of prep related stuff and then choose 'The dullest blade in the drawer' weakness, you will lose every second of prep.

After enough people have chosen their powers, skills, gear, traits, and weaknesses, I will put up the gauntlet. After the gauntlet is put up, I will also post battle rules.

Remember, 250 point limit. Read the notes under sections to get further info. When you post the stuff you're using, also post the point values next to them so I can quickly see if you are following the 250 point limit rule.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch  Online

I'll give this a shot.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@texasdeathmatch: awesome! I was originally unsure if anybody would comment, lol

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By YoungJustice

Brains and smarts of death stroke

Archery skills of Roy Harper

Roy Harper's bow with unlimited steel-tip arrows and 25 exploding arrows per round

Physical stats (strength, speed, endurance, durability, agility, dexterity, coordination, and senses) of Batman-

Diplomat: You can talk your way out of one of the first 3 rounds

Talon's weakness to cold temperatures (if the surrounding temperature drops to below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, or 0 degrees Celsius, you are knocked out)

Deathstroke's two swords

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YoungJustice

I get rid of the swords.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@YoungJustice: Sorry, but you went over the point limit. The point limit is 250, you used 350 points. You don't have to pick one thing from every category, you can choose whatever you want. The only real rule is that you cannot use over 250 points, and everything has a point value.

Good try, but you'll have to drop a few things, maybe take on a few more weaknesses, but thanks for commenting!

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YoungJustice

Yeah I was rushing. Ok can I add on the Venom-tube as a weakness also the brittle bones.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@YoungJustice: even without the swords, you still used an extra 65 points

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungJustice

Also, can I replace the diplomat with Runner.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@YoungJustice: Sure! Now, please make one more post with all your attributes so that I can look at it quickly later. Also, can you put the point values next to what you say? ie. Venom Tube- gives 70 points. Thanks, and great job!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By ComicStooge

@ChaosBlazer: My new character is on page 4.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@ComicStooge: nice, I honestly didn't think people would use 'the dullest blade in the drawer', lol. However, you used 300 points. Gonna have to drop 50 points off, or take on some weaknesses. 250 point limit, remember! But other than that good job.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ComicStooge

@ChaosBlazer said:

@ComicStooge: nice, I honestly didn't think people would use 'the dullest blade in the drawer', lol. However, you used 300 points. Gonna have to drop 50 points off, or take on some weaknesses. 250 point limit, remember! But other than that good job.

Damn. Oh well.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By SoA

@ChaosBlazer: Healing ability, strength, speed, and endurance of William Cobb (Talon)- 150 points-100

Nerve strike (you know how to use the nerve strike between the eyes, where the nose bridges to the skull, for an instant KO)- 60 points-40

The dullest blade in the drawer (no prep whatsoever. You have lost it all.)- gives you 80 points-120

Saiko's suit (complete with claws, 2 rockets for each hand, boosts durability slightly against blunt trauma)- 70 points-50

Unlimited throwing knives of the design used by the Talons- 25 points-25

Deathstroke's two swords- 35 points(1 only)- 7.5

Runner: Speed and endurance/stamina is multiplied by a factor of 1.5-free

am i cleared?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@SoA: yup. You used 242 points, I believe. Good job!

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

This is an excellent thread, easily the best i've ever seen. I'll make a case later.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@ImTheDamnBatman: thanks man :)

This was inspired by a thread made by (((Prodigy))), I added some stuff on but the concept is mainly his.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

okay. Bear with my paragraphs, I'm on my Ipod. (1) Bane Upgrade - 150 (2) Venom Tube - +70 points (3) DS's swords - 35 (4) Skillset of Nightwing (5) Friends

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'll comment on this tomorrow so remind me.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@ImTheDamnBatman: your in, good job!

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: got it.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Esquire

Physical stats (strength, speed, endurance, durability, agility, dexterity, coordination, and senses) of Batman- 140 points

Archery skills of Roy Harper- 60 points

Roy Harper's bow with unlimited steel-tip arrows and 25 exploding arrows per round- 40 points

Nightwing's escrima sticks with electrode tips- 30 points

Bulletproof 20 pound vest- 15 points

Steel, bulletproof gauntlets and boots (weighs 10 pounds)- 15 points

Good Trait: Druggy: For the first 5 minutes of a fight, your physical strength, durability, pain resistance, and speed is doubled.

Weaknesses: Lack of prep (your opponents will get an extra 1 hour of prep in the gauntlet)- gives you 50 points

Weak heart and lungs (endurance and stamina is halved)- gives you 35 points

Sleepy-head (falls asleep 15 minutes into a fight)- gives you 45 points

I used 160 points worth of weaknesses, so I get 410 total points. 140+60+40+60+50+30+15+15=410

shrimc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shrimc

Lack of Prep

Brain and Smarts of Deathstroke

H2H of Damian Wayne

Jason Todd's 2 pistols

Paragon's 2 circular plasma blades

Medic

Runner

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joewell911

@ChaosBlazer:

Venom Tube + 70

Nerve Strike - 60 ( by this do you mean like Ty lee from avatar?)

Diplomat Free

Batman Stats 140

Ice Gun 60

Friends 60

Steel Bat 10

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Esquire: good job, you're in.

@shrimc: good job, you're in.

@joewell: good job, you're in. Also, your second good trait (friends) costs you 50 points, not 60. By nerve strike I mean this nerve strike:

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind, if you fight Batman, Damian Wayne, or Morgan Ducard (Nobody) in the gauntlet, they will have knowledge of this strike as well, so you will not be able to use it against them without them knowing what you're trying to do.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joewell911

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Esquire: good job, you're in.

@shrimc: good job, you're in.

@joewell: good job, you're in. Also, your second good trait (friends) costs you 50 points, not 60. By nerve strike I mean this nerve strike:

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind, if you fight Batman, Damian Wayne, or Morgan Ducard (Nobody) in the gauntlet, they will have knowledge of this strike as well, so you will not be able to use it against them without them knowing what you're trying to do.

do i get BM fight skills?

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KMART4455

Just let me be like Galactus ill run your gauntlet.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@joewell: No. You got Batman's physical stats, so you are as strong, fast, durable, agile etc as Batman is. you do not have any fighting skills on your person. You can get the skills of Nightwing for 125 points.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Joewell911

@ChaosBlazer: soooooo, i cant fight at all?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@joewell said:

@ChaosBlazer: soooooo, i cant fight at all?

no, it just means that you have the fighting skills of a regular, adult human. Obviously not as good as the skills of Nightwing or Deathstroke.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Joewell911

@ChaosBlazer: ok, what could i trade nerve strike for?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@joewell: whatever you want. You could trade it for Damian Wayne's h2h skills, which is worth 60 points as well.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Joewell911

@ChaosBlazer: what would be better

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@joewell: i don't know, you need to make your own judgement here.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Joewell911

@ChaosBlazer: ok i'll trade,

that leaves me with 10 points right? if so i'll by that one 10 point thing

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By greenteaforme

Could use a little more variation in the available powers. It seems this is entirely street level + weapons. At least add in something like Cassie's body reading. I can think of a few more street level "powers" you could throw in for variation too.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@joewell: no. Nerve strike and Damian's h2h are the same price. Now, edit your original post so I know what you have chosen.

@greenteaforme: It's kinda late to edit the OP, give me three good powers and I'll add them.

Avatar image for thegoddambatman
TheGoddamBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGoddamBatman

Deathstroke's Nth metal suit (enhances strength to 2 ton levels, enhances all other physical stats to Nightwing's level, raises blunt-trauma durability)- 160 points

Smart: Any prep time you get is doubled for you. (Free)

Mechanic: You get one free EMP and one free taser for every round- 50 points

Just a little unprepared (your opponents will get an extra half hour of prep in the gauntlet)- gives you 25 points

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Joewell911

@ChaosBlazer: nevermind im good lol sorry

but i put 60 points on friends and it =ed 310 but it only coust 50 so it leaves me with 10 pionts, I'll take a Steel Bat

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@TheGoddamBatman: nice job, you're in!

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@joewell: ah OK. it's all good now, good job

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By greenteaforme

@ChaosBlazer said:

@joewell: no. Nerve strike and Damian's h2h are the same price. Now, edit your original post so I know what you have chosen.

@greenteaforme: It's kinda late to edit the OP, give me three good powers and I'll add them.

You want it limited to street leveler abilities, right?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@greenteaforme: Yes.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By greenteaforme

@ChaosBlazer said:

@greenteaforme: Yes.

Lady Shiva's "Nervous System Control: She can control her nervous system enabling her to deaden her body to physical pain, control her emotions, and even her bleeding rate. This technique allow her to hide from the Black Lantern Question Vic Sage."

Cassandra Cain's "Body Reading Ability: Advanced ability to read body language enabling her to read what a person is thinking and tell what they are going to do next before they do it. She has been shown able to read opponents far faster than herself, along with non humans and even alien lifeforms once she is given a chance to learn their body language. This enables her to identify disguised and transformed people as well."

And lastly, something with Poison Ivy would be cool. She's appeared in the N52. Either the poison secretion/poison kiss, excretion of pheromones, immune to toxins... or maybe Huntress's mini crossbow, since she's Bruce's daughter now (again).

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@greenteaforme: Shiva's nervous system will cost 60 points, Cass's body reading will be 150, and instead of having Poison Ivy I will add in a 110 point value for Saiko's speed, agility, endurance, and durability, not his strength though.

I don't think Poison Ivy would've been a good idea.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By greenteaforme

@ChaosBlazer said:

@greenteaforme: Shiva's nervous system will cost 60 points, Cass's body reading will be 150, and instead of having Poison Ivy I will add in a 110 point value for Saiko's speed, agility, endurance, and durability, not his strength though.

I don't think Poison Ivy would've been a good idea.

Sounds good! I'll have to participate now xD

And it's because you asked for three but I only had two good ones;;

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@greenteaforme: no prob. Shiva and Cass were good ideas, I know that before this the powers section was a little limited and boring. Thanks for the ideas.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By YoungJustice

Start Points: 390 (including the weaknesses)

Brains and Smarts of Deathstroke: 110

Physical Stats of Batman: 140

Archery Skills of Roy Harper: 60 points

Roy Harper's Bow and Unlimited Steel tipped Arrows + 25 Exploding Arrows per round: 40 points

Smart (Good Trait)

Unlimited Throwing Knives: 25 points

Bullet Proof Vest: 15 points

Talons weakness to extreme cold: Gives 35

Venom Tube: Gives 70

Brittle bone: Gives 35

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@YoungJustice: ah, finally! you're in, good job!

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By greenteaforme

250 points

Brittle bones (strength and durability is halved)- gives you 35 points

340 points

Cassandra Cain's Body Reading (you can see what move an opponent is about to make in your mind)- 150 points

Gun skills of Jason Todd- 60 points

Jason Todd's two pistols with unlimited ammo (must reload them though)- 45 points

Mr. Freeze's ice gun- 60 points

I think this should work out. Super fast body reading gunner. I like it.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@greenteaforme: nice job, you're in.