#1 Posted by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio

You, armed with Master Chief's own, fully powered MJOLNIR power armor, vs a butt naked John at his best.

Round 1-

Unarmed combat.

Round 2-

You get any handheld weapon John has ever made use of, in addition to the suit.

Each round takes place in this large dojo.

• You in your prime
  • John in his prime
  • In character
  • John was randomly teleported to this dojo and has absolutely no clue of what is going on
  • You have all your Halo knowledge plus 10 minutes of prep

So, what really makes a Spartan? The man, or... the suit?

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio

*You have complete understanding of how to operate the suit

#3 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16328 posts) - - Show Bio

John stomps everyone here. the suit weights like 600 pounds dude.

its not meant for humans to wear

even if we could, I doubt anyone here has been trained since they were 6 years old as a soldier

#4 Posted by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio

the suit weights like 600 pounds dude.

Then just disregard that for the thread.

#5 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16328 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: he still kicks everyone's asses >_>...

John was trained as a soldier since he was 6, and was fighting at war since he was 14 (I think he's suppose to be in his 40's)

some people might put up a better fight than others, but I'm pretty sure John is taking everyone 10/10

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (16692 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: The suits weight doesn't impact on performance. I think the suit alone will kill us. If I'm not mistaken, it was killing people who were testing the suit. @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek is this correct?

#7 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16328 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Yeah - I'm pretty sure it killed them because of the physical requirements to wear it.

he said ignore it though.

still doesn't change the massive skill gap IMO

#8 Edited by MonsterStomp (16692 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I agree. Master Chief is vastly more experienced at killing and has fought in the suit for decades. He knows how to get the drop on us all.

#9 Posted by scorpion2501 (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

Master chief would destroy me. I might hurt John in round 2 when I get a weapon, but I'll still lose.

#11 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

If we assume that we can use the suit to full potential and that it does not kill us

well a Spartin has a reflex time of 1/5 of a human and we have a suit that increases our stats by 5 so theoretically we have the same reflexes. John has skill but we have durability and shields theoretically we have an edge on john due but most of us are not trained solders so we have no idea how to fight. If the vinner has a go grasp of h2h combat he could possibly beat john. me personally even with the suit I would run like hell

If we have access to guns and ten minutes prep we can kill MC with a grenade spam and a chain gun or duel wilding bullet houses ( we can because the Suits hud helps us aim)

#12 Edited by Funsiized (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spartans were in the tons without the suit IIRC. Me*5 vs Base John? NO THANKS.

#13 Posted by scorpion2501 (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: I would still lose, I can't even win from a cat in real life. My punches never hit, my eyesight is terrible, my shape is really bad, I'm really fast out of breath. But a viner with military training might take round 2.(can't see him win round 1 though)

#14 Posted by Juiceboks (8380 posts) - - Show Bio

We all get dismantled in R1. The skill/experience gap is MUCH too wide. R2 is a little more even but I would still give Chief the edge based off yet again, skill/experience.

#15 Edited by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized:

even if you are whareing a multi ton suit of tank armor and are armed with bullet hoses? John can kill us but not 10/10

round 1 I give this to him because very few here are good at h2hbut I imagine this might be an issue for him as he lacks a lot of ways to hurt us though the armor but he could snap our necks or us them force of our blows to hurt us 3-7/10 us depending on the viners h2h

round 2 I give this to us because we are armed with a lot guns and he has no defense for the bullets ( and the suit helps us aim ) 6-7/10 us

#16 Posted by RogueShadow (10241 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody could do this.

#17 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow:

it's not impossible we could do it ...... in theory

#18 Posted by Funsiized (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: Yes, yes he can.

well a Spartin has a reflex time of 1/5 of a human and we have a suit that increases our stats by 5 so theoretically we have the same reflexes. John has skill but we have durability and shields theoretically we have an edge on john due but most of us are not trained solders so we have no idea how to fight. If the vinner has a go grasp of h2h combat he could possibly beat john. me personally even with the suit I would run like hell

Theoretically we have the same reactions, difference is, his are organic and honed through battle. Our artificial ones gained through the suit are going to be lagging behind to put it in words.

I have extensive training in martial arts...nothing would prepare me for john. Hes got skill hands down, regardless of indivdual skill.

Our strength, Would be moot, dude can probably kill us with our own finger.

round 2 I give this to us because we are armed with a lot guns and he has no defense for the bullets ( and the suit helps us aim ) 6-7/10 us

Helps us Aim, 90%(guess) is us. Meanwhile, Spartans are guaranteed Bullet timers. Hell didn't John catch a rocket in one of the books IIRC? We would need Skill above out own capability in order to even conceive tagging him.

#19 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: The suits weight doesn't impact on performance. I think the suit alone will kill us. If I'm not mistaken, it was killing people who were testing the suit. @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek is this correct?

The suit will kill us. We are not enhanced/augmented to be able to properly wield the armor. Not even hardened Marines could use it without breaking their bones.

We all lose at Round 1.

#20 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized:

Killing us with our own finger might be a bit much we are in tank aromer and he is bare handed. Not saying the vinners will win But chief is going to have an issue with getting past the shields and armor especially since our reaction times are comparable to his Chiefs h2h is insane but we have a good status advantage to compensate

they may be bullet timers but we have the same reaction speed and we can just send a huge storm of bullets his way using our increased reaction times will make dogging problematic and without aromer we can hurt him

#21 Posted by Funsiized (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: It's a hyperbole. Again, we don't have an "Advantage" We have reactions that are basically false mimics of his. He has the strength advantage, Speed(Logically that is) skill, Agility. We have Durability. That's it and I have no doubt he has a way to get rid of that problem.

Err, if they can actively see a bullet and dodge it, our reactions have nothing to do with it. We are not hitting them. That's like trying to his Daredevil with rocks.....

#22 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized:

if our reactions are the same the reaction edge should go to him but we are in the same league as him, the strength edge goes to us due to the suit speed could go either way due to the speed enhancements of the suits . And I am not denying the guy could probably kill us he is a beast but the status make this a much closer fight and this goes to him in the majority but if we a re lucky and had a good viner in the suit we could make him lose a couple times

they can see and doge a bullet but he are spraying hundreds of bullets in a large field of fire and as he is nude a single bullet can cause a good amount of damage to him

#23 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

John stomps everyone here. the suit weights like 600 pounds dude.

even if we could, I doubt anyone here has been trained since they were 6 years old as a soldier

Took the words right out of my mouth

#24 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief beats me as he has 12 years of training on me.

#25 Posted by RetconCrisis (3646 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who thinks they can beat Cheif with his amount of experience must overrate themselves quite a lot lol

#26 Posted by Immortal777 (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold my beer.

#27 Posted by Funsiized (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: Reactions are on his level, but to an extent, the part that matters, we are lesser. Spartans are In the tons. Unless you are dishing out 200lbs of force even with the suit, we arn't stronger than him. His more equipped to use his speed. As many people have pointed out, we can't even use the suit. i only continue for the debate factor.

Warfield experience and the fact that Spartans have dodged Gatling fire means it doesn't matter what we use.

#28 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized:

the OP made the stipulation that we can use it without killing us outerwise I would agree with you

thesuit it's self is strong enough to put us in the ton range as well

we have comparable reactions to him the reason he can doge all those shoots is that he has faster reactions then his opponents now we have almost the same we can kill him in round 2

#29 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold my beer.

i like your style.

@funsiized:

the OP made the stipulation that we can use it without killing us outerwise I would agree with you

we have comparable reactions to him the reason he can doge all those shoots is that he has faster reactions then his opponents now we have almost the same we can kill him in round 2

the only difference between us and John according to the OP is that hes been trained since 6 right? in that case none of us win.

#30 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Funsiized (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103:

No. The suit Multiplies us by 5 in strength as well, just as with reactions. Hence my 200lbs remark, that was NOT hyperbole.

Again, wrong, he can dodge all those shots due to bullets moving in slow motion to him. OUR reactions have nothing to do with HIS. That is broken logic.

#32 Edited by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized:

we can see him doge the bullets and aim accordingly

#33 Posted by Funsiized (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: ...and proceed to shoot more bullets for him to dodge. You seeing my point? He can go all day. We can run out of ammo.

#34 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized:

no he can doge some bullets but we are shooting over a large area and we can see where he is dogging and focus there

#35 Posted by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio