lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo
No Caption Provided

13 vs 13. 6 balls in play. Game happens outside.

You get-Your fave created hero (if you have one) plus YOU, and Hulk. Plus ten other real people, doesn't matter who.Using powers is OK so long as no one is killed or injured badly. Flying is not allowed. Jumping is.

I get my team: Claire, Rana, and me. And ten NBA players.

Universal Magnetism: She can also fire an invisible beam from her hand that has a max range of 30 ft; targets are made universally magnetic. She can use this to make objects stick to the ground, ground locking them for 15 seconds. It can stop a person from lifting their feet off the ground. Sure they can slide---which makes them tempting targets...

Rana's Powers: Can shoot water streams equivalent to a fire truck's.

Me: I have no powers but I can run fast.

No Caption Provided

My Strategy: Have Claire ground lock as many of your team as possible while they are pegged with volleys of dodgeballs. What's yours? I know it involves Hulk, right? You can substitute Hulk for Spiderman if you want.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BlueHope

Hulk is just gonna kill me and my entire team and destroy the building before the game start, so draw

Avatar image for ultimate_riddler
Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

I use one of my favorite self-made characters, Lucretia, whom is an elder vampire. She can turn into a mist, teleport, morph into different animals, has enhanced agility, strength, senses, reflexes, hypnotic voice and gaze, numerous powerful magical spells (some binding and protection based, but most offensive) and centuries of combat experience. I will get trounced in this match. I pick eleven ballet dancers for the heck of it. Hulk, um, smash? I suppose I'll hide behind Hulk.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlueHope

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

I use one of my favorite self-made characters, Lucretia, whom is an elder vampire. She can turn into a mist, teleport, morph into different animals, has enhanced agility, strength, senses, reflexes, hypnotic voice and gaze, numerous powerful magical spells (some binding and protection based, but most offensive) and centuries of combat experience. I will get trounced in this match. I pick ten ballet dancers for the heck of it. Hulk, um, smash? I suppose I'll hide behind Hulk.

LMAO!!
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By Joygirl

I sub Hulk for Spidey. With me, Joygirl (now that I think about it, she is damn-neared designed for dodgeball), Spidey, and the Detroit Pistons, I think we stand an excellent chance.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@BlueHope said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

I use one of my favorite self-made characters, Lucretia, whom is an elder vampire. She can turn into a mist, teleport, morph into different animals, has enhanced agility, strength, senses, reflexes, hypnotic voice and gaze, numerous powerful magical spells (some binding and protection based, but most offensive) and centuries of combat experience. I will get trounced in this match. I pick ten ballet dancers for the heck of it. Hulk, um, smash? I suppose I'll hide behind Hulk.

LMAO!!

In hindsight, Lucretia has a bad temper and it doesn't take much to make her blood lusted (literally), so my team is even more likely to result in mass death.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lorbo

How is anyone gonna counter Claire ground locking everyone? Well then again people can block that by covering teammates, even though it would be a sacrifice. And Spidey is a beast with his webbing...

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@lorbo said:

How is anyone gonna counter Claire ground locking everyone? Well then again, Spidey is a beast with his webbing...

I stated my character can become a mist, and that's not even getting into the other things she can do.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rpottage

I choose Living Tribunal, The One Above All, Man of Miracles, The Presence, Q (Star Trek), Fulcrum, Superman Prime 1 Million with Sword of Superman and Cosmic Armor, Thanos with full Infinity Gauntlet and The Heart of the Universe, Myx, and The Doctor with The Time Vortex/Archangel Network/Coronet of Rassilon/Key to Time/Skasis Paradigm.

My Strategy: Have my army of Supreme Beings and God-like beings use their Omnipotence and nigh-omnipotence to make me win automatically.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lorbo

Ahem..I'm not even going to tell you how many rules you broke for this battle...

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rpottage

@lorbo said:

Ahem..I'm not even going to tell you how many rules you broke for this battle...

You didn't actually post any rules; which is why I took the opportunity to create such an all-star team.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@rpottage said:

@lorbo said:

You didn't actually post any rules; which is why I took the opportunity to create such an all-star team.

Yes, the topic clearly stated the following rules; "You get-Your fave created hero (if you have one) plus YOU, and Hulk. Plus ten other real people, doesn't matter who.Using powers is OK so long as no one is killed or injured badly. Flying is not allowed. Jumping is."

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lorbo

It is implied by the wording my fellow human, a battle is not a ROFL stomp. Those are two, VERY different things.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hksaru

LOL of course I would substitute hulk for Spider man

Spidey solos

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rpottage

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@rpottage said:

@lorbo said:

Yes, the topic clearly stated the following rules; "You get-Your fave created hero (if you have one) plus YOU, and Hulk. Plus ten other real people, doesn't matter who.Using powers is OK so long as no one is killed or injured badly. Flying is not allowed. Jumping is."

Yeah, unless you're saying God doesn't exist or that there are no being that exist in higher dimensions; that doesn't prevent it. Those comicbook characters are meant to be representation of God (Except Myx who's a representation of a 5th dimensional being). Plus just one "fave created hero" could easily pull all those being into existence. It's a loophole meant to demonstrate the need for greater restraint/clearer explanation on what exactly is allowed for fav character and for the powers they can use.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@Hksaru said:

LOL of course I would substitute hulk for Spider man

Spidey solos

I didn't get the impression that we could sub-out Hulk for someone else, otherwise I would just replace him with Nightcrawler.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lorbo

I posted that later after I realized everyone's fear of Hulk.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@rpottage said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@rpottage said:

@lorbo said:

Yeah, unless you're saying God doesn't exist or that there are no being that exist in higher dimensions; that doesn't prevent it. Those comicbook characters are meant to be representation of God (Except Myx who's a representation of a 5th dimensional being). Plus just one "fave created hero" could easily pull all those being into existence. It's a loophole meant to demonstrate the need for greater restraint/clearer explanation on what exactly is allowed for fav character and for the powers they can use.

Not even going to touch the God debate, because that's a stupid argument in premise alone; God is not a "person" in the sense that we are. I can agree that there needs to be more rules than what was already there, but you failed at making this point when you broke the rules that were already there. Try to actually make a valid point instead of twisting obvious ones around.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lorbo

I'll say it, I side with Ulitmate Riddler on this.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rpottage

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@rpottage said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@rpottage said:

@lorbo said:

Not even going to touch the God debate, because that's a stupid argument in premise alone; God is not a "person" in the sense that we are. I can agree that there needs to be more rules than what was already there, but you failed at making this point when you broke the rules that were already there. Try to actually make a valid point instead of twisting obvious ones around.

Well God is supposed to be Omnipotent so he could be a person; it's the perk of being God. I mean that's the Catholic view via Trinity.

Didn't break the rules as I pointed out (I see you ignored the part where I explain it also works via the fave character portion; likely because you can't argue against it).

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@rpottage: I didn't ignore it because I agreed with what you had said - there needs to be better rules to prevent that loophole for the fave characters. Pay attention to what I'm actually saying, please.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rpottage

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@rpottage: I didn't ignore it because I agreed with what you had said - there needs to be better rules to prevent that loophole for the fave characters. Pay attention to what I'm actually saying, please.

I did. You ignored it in the sense that you then said I broke the rules when I specifically pointed out that I didn't precisely because of that loophole.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@rpottage said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

I did. You ignored it in the sense that you then said I broke the rules when I specifically pointed out that I didn't precisely because of that loophole.

You chose existing comic characters, which is far more easily exploitable than original ones. Far fewer people make their own and there's a smaller number still that are as god-like as the ones you spammed. To make a valid argument you need to present it properly. Be clear and concise and you would avoid these kinds of arguments - like this one.