You and your dad vs a fully grown grizzly bear.

• 133 results
Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

Heh, where I live, the biggest bears on earth live. We see them routinely up here.

Of the weapons you listed, I suppose the kitana. Its the only weapon listed that could possibly be sharp enough to split a bears massive skull.

If anyone here is unacquainted with what an angry brown bear is capable of....it is pretty frightening. There atre true accounts of enraged brownies, with heart and lungs shot out, still doing massive damage to other animals and people. A 44 mag is NOT enogh to down an angry bear. Not by a long stretch.

I recommend a bullet, a magnum class rifle bullet, with high sectional density combined with high ballistic coefficient, fpr best possible penetration. Swift A frames are best...A2 Deadtough, is the best...minimum caliber, probably 375...416 is better.

If a 44 is the only thing you have? I suggest you save it for yourself.

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By BloodyNights

Well then lets look at some of the weapons...

Axe - Powerful, heavy and slow, but probably more than effective if aimed at the right spot, namely the head, or neck. However if needing to fight the bear head on...fairly useless outside of a lucky shot.

Machete - Hacking tool that is neither great at cutting, or stabbing. Pretty durable though. I wouldn't trust myself to be able to swing it, and deliver a deep enough blow without getting immediately malled.... Pass

Kitchen Knife - This could be useful...if I killed the bear already? lolololol pass....

Japanese Katana - Sharp, designed to cut. Also has good range. However depending on how it was made, and who made it. It could be completely useless, breaking the moment it pierced the thick hide of the beast, or bending from a harsh swing. Wouldn't recommend to anyone who didn't know how to use it. Medium usability.

Military Knives (Two Sets) - Does that mean I'd get 4 knives, or just 2? I'm assuming these are pretty long, sharp, and both designed for piercing, cutting, and potentially sawing. With 4 I could see myself being able to throw them, while I hid, distracting the bear, while I looked for a chance to attack him from behind. I'd be tall enough to reach his head even if he stood, though a kamikazi suicide jump on the back while stabbing whatever I could with two knives also sounds effective. I could also create traps to force the bear to stab himself on via Rambo style, or create weapons from sticks that will probably break. However I guess you could just use random rocks or sticks to make the noises as well. Meaning two knives would be useful either way. Excellent usability

Wolverine Claws - Are we talking about actual Wolverine claws? If so this could be effective. They have decent length, easy to use piercing power, they are sharp as well, and if someone has taken boxing, natural speed for the most part. Also unbreakable. Good, effective weapon. However if you fight the bear on you will probably be swiped to death by it's own claws even if you were to trade a killing blow to it's head...so I'ma pass.

Revolver with one bullet.... - No...just no.... I'm not suicidal enough to try and shoot the bear with a gun, and if I was close enough to press it too it's head I'd rather just shank him and get it over with.

I'd probably go with the Military Knives.

Scenario 1 - My dad gets attacked, I pull out my knife, get over there just in time to see the bear has already knocked my dad down, and has either killed or is about to kill him. I quickly stab the bear in the skull. Killing him, and we both, or just me go back to camp, build a fire and have a nice hot cup of coco.

Scenario 2 - My dad gets attacked, I get up to pull my knives out, being ten meters away, by the time I start to get close my dad's neck has already been chewed into, it's too late to save him. The bear hasn't forgotten about me prepares to kill it's next victim. I quickly hide, trying desperately to find a chance to sneak around to the bears back. Timing is crucial. When the bear is distracted by some stick or rock I threw I quickly go for it's back, or sneak towards him depending on how close. Quickly I'd jump onto it's back stabbing my way up to it's head. Killing it just as it was about to knock me off, or I got knocked off and mauled while stabbing wildly. Or I tried to get to it's back only for a stupid twig to make a noise, the bear hearing it and turning around and smacking me.

Scenario 3 - I channel my inner Rambo, hide, grab whatever materials I can find, carve points into sticks, gather rocks. look for anything that could be used to tie things together, and create little traps, to slow the bear down, like covering an area with sharp needle like sticks, covering it with leaves so the bear doesn't see, and having it charge at me. It runs towards me, stabs it's feet several times, obviously not enough to make it stop charging, but long for me to use the final spear that I crafted, to aim right for the bears face, it cracks, shatters from the bears crazy charge, but distracts the bear long enough for me to use my knife stabbing it right into his head for a fatal K.O.

5 out of 5 times I survive. Cuz I'm a friggin ninja....maybe...

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pick the Katana....any other weapon is way to risky,your not going close quarters with a bear unless your like really in shape or just a dang beast and i'm not really gonna chance my life nor my dads

a bloodlusted bear is most likely gonna charge you without hesitation or try to swipe at you from low ground(running at all would be dumb unless you do some kind of quick turn around or something and stab the bear if not one of you will get mauled )

but......I should win with the katana 8/10 any other weapon you would pretty much have to strike first to gain the majority

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By thelocust619

@bloodynights: you're gonna stab a grizzly through the skull....with a knife? A katana would give the thing a papercut if it even got through the fur (the only usability it here has is its tip, i own 3) n ur gonna use a knife?? Through its skull? You do realize that's impossible, right?

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619:

Why couldn't I stab a bear through the head? Fine I'll stab it's neck :P No problems there.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Why father actually knows Korean martial arts and is quick on his feat. No lie. But take the Japanese Katana due to its range.

The katana would snap if you tried to actually stab the bear, it's too brittle.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 juiceboks  Moderator

@thelocust619:

Why couldn't I stab a bear through the head? Fine I'll stab it's neck :P No problems there.

Through it's fur, skin, and muscle? The only thing you'll accomplish is getting it's attention.

Avatar image for comicvinepoozer1
comicvinepoozer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depending on the katana. Katanas arent all stainless steel you know

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloodynights said:

@thelocust619:

Through it's fur, skin, and muscle? The only thing you'll accomplish is getting it's attention.

I knew a Grizzly Bear was tough, didn't know he'd be able to shrug off a point blank, full force stab from an adrenaline pumped 260 pound grown man, Who knows how to put his hips and weight into a strike. But if it's true that I couldn't forgive me, I'll go for the neck.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@bloodynights said:

@thelocust619:

I knew a Grizzly Bear was tough, didn't know he'd be able to shrug off a point blank, full force stab from an adrenaline pumped 260 pound grown man, Who knows how to put his hips and weight into a strike. But if it's true that I couldn't forgive me, I'll go for the neck.

Yes. This imaginary tough guy would not be able to down a Grizzly with one stab. So you really have no chance either.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By patrat18

Use my dad as bait, while i slab the bear with the sword.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By darkseid1006

I'd choose the Bow as I am a rather talented marksman and shoot the bear in the face.

However if I failed to put down the beat he would take both of our heads of in 1-2 sweeps

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I toss the 70-year-old cancerous deadbeat at the bear, climb a tree, and pepper his face with airsoft pellets hoping to get his eyes.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@iheartzombies92: no, this is not an estimate lol you're not really an animal person, are you? This is common knowledge, dude, any hunter can tell you even a black bear isn't going down with a handgun. Their fur is literally a layer of armor in itself, the skin, then fat, the incredibly dense muscle, n if u wanna hit the head you have 1/2-3/4 inch of bone over its brain. You are either underestimating the bear or overestimating handguns lol I think its the first one though so here's just ONE recounted story, you can find HUNDREDS all over (I love killer bear stories, the Japanese killing spree and the Grizzly Man's death are terrifying, IMO) confirming that the odds are so ridiculously against you...and remember you only have one bullet lol

Keep in mind there's hundreds like this all over, I just grabbed the first relevant one I saw.

"To put things into perspective. At the turn of the last Century a Grizzly was killed in the Wyoming Territory. The Territorial Government posted a $10,000 in gold reward for this bear. It terrozied the countryside for twenty years before the reward was claimed. When it was finally brought in, it was learned that: It had over a hundred rifle bullets in its body. Besides the kill shot (a .30-40 Krag slug between the ears) it had five different medium and large bore pistol bullets lodged in the brain. None of them had killed it. All five had been fired into the brain from the bottom of its head."

Sure, I'm not saying it'll get harmed, but the bullet will penetrate. I may not be a bear person, but I am a physics person, and a .44 magnum will definitely penetrate until the fat layer, for example.

But that story's pretty badass, I'll admit... hundreds of bullets? Damn...

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop pitting normal humans against strong, vicious animals. It's ridiculous. The animal will win every time. 99.99999% of users on this site would be so frightened they'd immediately run away.

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116  Edited By DaseanComerWCR

well my dad was a amutre boxer with a record of 22-3 he would have made it big but he inlisted in the army and now hes 57 looking like a 30 year old in his prime lol but its a bear im using the bow and arrow (im good with one) lol we goin primal!

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashgreatersigneveryone: all these wanna be ninjas in here xD "katana this, katana that" almost as dumb as trying to "Shove my hand in the bear's throat and pull the trigger". the only chance i see anyone surviving is to be cold about it. get the axe or the gun, and run... when the bear is eating your dad that's when you strike. the bear will have his face down and easy n go for a neck slice with the heavy ahh axe or an easy head shot with the revolver. the katana isn't doing jack sh*t.

Honestly, your answer with the ax is absolutely best bet, but not all of us have dads to use as bait meng. In the case of a lone man vs charging bear, a spear is hands down the melee weapon of choice. Bracing the katana against a tree or the ground then falling back at the last second would run that thing through which has a higher likely hood of killing it than a headshot, being its not uncommon for even smaller species to be unfazed by this. Any thought of actually engaging the thing, though, is ludacris.

i see what you're talking about with "making a spear" from the katana, and i agree that if you could successfully use this technique to impale the bear i'd say you have a good shot at living

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By HyperViper97

Spear/katana, stab in face repeatedly

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By thelocust619

@comicvinepoozer1: no real katana is stainless steel lol. Rust>>>>the best katana ever made.

Basically, folding steel back in the day was used to remove impurities from their metal. Now, we have pure steel. You can get a decent modern katama for 2-300 bucks if uk where to look, n it'll be stronger than most ancient ones.

The only reason it had this whole hype is because its insanely light for a two handed sword, combining both speed and power. Neither are enough to even even completely cut the bear's fat.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pick number 12.

I'll attempt to shove my arm inside the bear's throat choking it. While I do that I'll tell my dad out of hold it as best as he can or help me by biting its throat while my arm is in the bears throat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bested a black bear with a paint roller.

Troll_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will choose the gauntlets and turn the bears brain into mush..

or a machete i think that will be enough once i slit the throath of the bear while it is busy mauling my precious father.

Troll_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicvinepoozer1: no real katana is stainless steel lol. Rust>>>>the best katana ever made.

Basically, folding steel back in the day was used to remove impurities from their metal. Now, we have pure steel. You can get a decent modern katama for 2-300 bucks if uk where to look, n it'll be stronger than most ancient ones.

The only reason it had this whole hype is because its insanely light for a two handed sword, combining both speed and power. Neither are enough to even even completely cut the bear's fat.

Is the bears fat really that thick.?

I read a news about years ago a man killed a bear using only a knife

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depending on the katana. Katanas arent all stainless steel you know

That was old katanas..

Modern katanas now are mostly stainless steel. and very durable..

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By thelocust619

@chibi_cute: no....no katana is stainless steel. Display katana are, but that's not real. Stainless steel bends, you don't ever make a katana with that stuff. 1080 spring steel is prob Wut used but it def ain't stainless, that's impossible to use lmao

If someone came at me with a stainless steel katana I'd grab it with my bare hand n bend it lol I did it to mine (display one)...you can't do that to my other 3, even if they weren't oiled. Hell, the whole reason they're oiled at all is to protect them from rust because of how completely-not-stainless-steel they are :p

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By thelocust619

@troll_hunter: its not that that fat is do thick that it alone is gonna stop a sword, but you gotta think of the anatomy of a bear...I'll break it down, but so CE most people think "magic cutting stick" when they hear "katana", I instead want you to imagine a utility razor attached to a small rock (for weight), cuz that's gonna cut about the same.

First you have ridiculously course hair....it may not seem it if its long but it is rather stiff. Overlapping, this essentially creates breakaway armor so that when you connect, you at best cut only the first few layers before the sword stops. The sword stops because the layer of fat behind the skin...which is folded as well, Btw, making it harder to cut...but this essentially creates a cushion when braced with inches and inches of dense muscle. Think likea trampoline, almost. All the force of your sstrike is distributed and dispersed over these several layers....

So with the razor rock idea, imagine throwing it as hard as you can at a wall with a gym mat over it. Even of u struck blade first, its only cutting one layer at best then bouncing. That's essentially what would happen with a katana (two handed, strongest swing available), machete (likely won't cut at all, period) or knife (at best it can be used to stab....a half inch into the bear and piss it off)

While I font doubt that in all of human history someone has been lucky enough to kill a bear using a knife, but for every story ur hear of that (yours is the first in my experience....maybe hit the eye? Who knows), there are THOUSANDS more of bears tanking far worse n only getting mad. I'm talking hundreds of rifle rounds, headshots, u name it so all things considered, the likelyhood of anyone getting through is nearly non existent.

Its like leather armor...but the bear is wearing two sets over each other. And also its a giant. With claws and teeth. And its faster than you.

FYI, after the handgun and knives, the machete is the worst item here. Most are floppy, if its solid its likely not really enen a machete. Regardless, its built and designed to lob through foliage not flesh....while u may be able to delimb a thin human, a bear with limbs as thick as a human and with its natural armor of fur n fat, its literally 100% useless. The knife is even worse, me n my one dude got drunk n stabbed each other when we were 15...i got his hand by accident n he straight up tagged me in the side like Jason Vorhees. Hes way larger than me n only got like 1/2 an inch in before the muscle tightened automatically n stopped the blade...i mean he wasnt tryin to kill me or nothin, (we laughed n stuff afterwards n walked back to the party cuz we were psychos back then) but the point is it actually takes alot of force just to penetrate a human. With that in mind, a bear has like 20x the muscle i do, so chances are even with a perfect stab the force will dissipate through the fat and by the time it reaches the muscle tissue thered be no force left to do more than scratch it. The only way anyone's getting out is if they get a sneak shot to the head/neck with the ax, or if they can bait the bear into impaling itself on the katana with its own strength (and hopefully hits a vital before it snaps)

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd take the baseball bat. Damaging, and a tool we all have experience with not to mention it comes with enough blunt force to cave the bear's skull in.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By thelocust619

@park: ...grizzly are known to get hit by cars n get back up like "meh". But sure.

Avatar image for comicvinepoozer1
comicvinepoozer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

id take the spear

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troll_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Troll_Hunter

@troll_hunter: its not that that fat is do thick that it alone is gonna stop a sword, but you gotta think of the anatomy of a bear...I'll break it down, but so CE most people think "magic cutting stick" when they hear "katana", I instead want you to imagine a utility razor attached to a small rock (for weight), cuz that's gonna cut about the same.

First you have ridiculously course hair....it may not seem it if its long but it is rather stiff. Overlapping, this essentially creates breakaway armor so that when you connect, you at best cut only the first few layers before the sword stops. The sword stops because the layer of fat behind the skin...which is folded as well, Btw, making it harder to cut...but this essentially creates a cushion when braced with inches and inches of dense muscle. Think likea trampoline, almost. All the force of your sstrike is distributed and dispersed over these several layers....

So with the razor rock idea, imagine throwing it as hard as you can at a wall with a gym mat over it. Even of u struck blade first, its only cutting one layer at best then bouncing. That's essentially what would happen with a katana (two handed, strongest swing available), machete (likely won't cut at all, period) or knife (at best it can be used to stab....a half inch into the bear and piss it off)

While I font doubt that in all of human history someone has been lucky enough to kill a bear using a knife, but for every story ur hear of that (yours is the first in my experience....maybe hit the eye? Who knows), there are THOUSANDS more of bears tanking far worse n only getting mad. I'm talking hundreds of rifle rounds, headshots, u name it so all things considered, the likelyhood of anyone getting through is nearly non existent.

Its like leather armor...but the bear is wearing two sets over each other. And also its a giant. With claws and teeth. And its faster than you.

FYI, after the handgun and knives, the machete is the worst item here. Most are floppy, if its solid its likely not really enen a machete. Regardless, its built and designed to lob through foliage not flesh....while u may be able to delimb a thin human, a bear with limbs as thick as a human and with its natural armor of fur n fat, its literally 100% useless. The knife is even worse, me n my one dude got drunk n stabbed each other when we were 15...i got his hand by accident n he straight up tagged me in the side like Jason Vorhees. Hes way larger than me n only got like 1/2 an inch in before the muscle tightened automatically n stopped the blade...i mean he wasnt tryin to kill me or nothin, (we laughed n stuff afterwards n walked back to the party cuz we were psychos back then) but the point is it actually takes alot of force just to penetrate a human. With that in mind, a bear has like 20x the muscle i do, so chances are even with a perfect stab the force will dissipate through the fat and by the time it reaches the muscle tissue thered be no force left to do more than scratch it. The only way anyone's getting out is if they get a sneak shot to the head/neck with the ax, or if they can bait the bear into impaling itself on the katana with its own strength (and hopefully hits a vital before it snaps)

Too long didn't read. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#@thelocust619: your mostly right except for handguns being no good it all depends on where you hit them my grandpa kills grizzly with a .357 & a bow all the time & what are you talking about if its solid its likely not really even a machete all my machetes are very rigid more like huge meat cleavers but I assure you they are true machetes.

Elijahbane25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yikes