• 134 results
TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheDude123

Great fight. I see them fighting all night and into the day with both finally kneeling from exhaustion, nodding at each other in mutual respect. Draw. Every time.

Also you should give Yoda his Lightsaber. Jacks sword cut Adamantium* (assisted by a strength enhancing exo-arm) without recieving any damage whatsoever. It can handle a lightsaber no problem.

*Different Universe yes, but it was stated to be indesctructible also.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By ShootingNova

@TheSwordsman said:

Great fight. I see them fighting all night and into the day with both finally kneeling from exhaustion, nodding at each other in mutual respect. Draw. Every time.

Also you should give Yoda his Lightsaber. Jacks sword cut Adamantium* (assisted by a strength enhancing exo-arm) without recieving any damage whatsoever. It can handle a lightsaber no problem.

I would think, that in the new changes, Jack wins. I didn't notice them.

Yoda with a lightsaber wins.

rangersoul6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By rangersoul6

@ShootingNova said:

@rangersoul6 said:

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, but Jack has some crazy feats.

I gotta give this to Jack.

How far are you into SW? Just asking out of curiosity.

I'm not saying Jack can't win or something, its just that I'm using EU feats here. Movie Yoda would obviously lose like crap.

Jack can win, though.

Huge Star wars fan as in big enough to make an online profile on Comicvine and debate this type of crap. Huge fan to have bought a TON of collectibles/toys/figures since childhood, huge fan to have seen all the movies (1, 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6). Seen all the TV shows about SW, and played A TON of SW Games.

The movies are the absolute canon though, and apparently, Film > TV Shows > EU.

I don't read much EU, but that's mainly due to the books/comics being expensive and I really don't know where to start. I only own the Delta Squad books.

Shouldn't we be using the Movie Yoda, as that's the main version? It hasn't been specified by the OP.

I've also watched a lot of Samurai Jack, and this guy is a crazy (yet cool, calm) motherf*cker. Insane feats. I actually saw some Samurai Jack a few days ago.

Yoda's pretty powerful as well, but I personally think a better fight would be Mace vs Jack in a pure Sword vs Sword fight. Especially Mace Windu from Star Wars:Clone wars (2003). Genndy Tartakovsky worked on that IIRC.

Jack is far superior physically. Albeit Yoda is VERY agile and age doesn't seem to stop him. He's also quite small and it's harder to hit a small target.

What Yoda has going for him is his force, but from the films and TV shows I don't see much of his force powers doing anything much, in contrast to what Jack can do. Yoda also has a ton of experience.

But I haven't seen/read much on Star Wars lately, so maybe someone should refresh my mind on Yoda.

Both Jack and Yoda fight differently though, and styles make fights.

EDIT: I'm off to bed, will be back tomorrow.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ShootingNova

@rangersoul6 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@rangersoul6 said:

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, but Jack has some crazy feats.

I gotta give this to Jack.

How far are you into SW? Just asking out of curiosity.

I'm not saying Jack can't win or something, its just that I'm using EU feats here. Movie Yoda would obviously lose like crap.

Jack can win, though.

Huge Star wars fan as in big enough to make an online profile on Comicvine and debate this type of crap. Huge fan to have bought a TON of collectibles/toys/figures since childhood, huge fan to have seen all the movies (1, 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6). Seen all the TV shows about SW, and played A TON of SW Games.

The movies are the absolute canon though, and apparently, Film > TV Shows > EU.

I don't read much EU, but that's mainly due to the books/comics being expensive and I really don't know where to start. I only own the Delta Squad books.

Shouldn't we be using the Movie Yoda, as that's the main version? It hasn't been specified by the OP.

I've also watched a lot of Samurai Jack, and this guy is a crazy (yet cool, calm) motherf*cker. Insane feats. I actually saw some Samurai Jack a few days ago.

Yoda's pretty powerful as well, but I personally think a better fight would be Mace vs Jack in a pure Sword vs Sword fight.

Jack is far superior physically. Albeit Yoda is VERY agile and age doesn't seem to stop him. He's also quite small and it's harder to hit a small target.

What Yoda has going for him is his force, but from the films and TV shows I don't see much of his force powers doing anything much, in contrast to what Jack can do. Yoda also has a ton of experience.

But I haven't seen/read much on Star Wars lately, so maybe someone should refresh my mind on Yoda.

Both Jack and Yoda fight differently though, and styles make fights.

I know that.

Movies (G-Canon) > TV Shows like Clone Wars (T-Canon) > EU (C-Canon).

I'm an EU addict LOL.

We can use EU, as of precedence. Unless specified otherwise, there's no reason why EU isn't accepted, even the mods have said that.

Yep. Samurai Jack runs around mad.

Why is this? Yoda is above Mace in duelling.

Yoda has a lot of Force Powers. His TK have allowed him to disarm others by yanking their weapons out, lift boulders, pillars and X-Wings with ease, and support the Last Call. He is a master of all seven lightsaber combat forms too, which is why I think he can stand against SJ.

But from the OP's edit, I take it Jack would end up winning majority, but not by much.

Jack's torn through armies in seconds, which is impressive enough.

rangersoul6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By rangersoul6

@ShootingNova:

You can argue that Yoda is above Mace in dueling, but here's why I think a fight between Jack and Mace is better.

1. Both Jack and Mace are human, it's more aesthetically pleasing.

2. Both are cool badasses.

3. Mace is more offensive than Yoda. Jack is an offensive fighter as well. Yoda is a more force based user than Mace.

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A07WNupEXk

Watch the video. Mace pwning a bunch of droids, in the same style Jack would do (Genndy worked on both Samurai Jack and Clone Wars)

5. Who wouldn't like a Mace vs Samurai Jack a la Genndy Tartakovsky.

@ShootingNova said:

@rangersoul6 said:

He is a master of all seven lightsaber combat forms too, which is why I think he can stand against SJ.

That's the thing, he's a master of lightsaber combat. The way Yoda handles and fights with a lightsaber is different than Jack does. Styles make fights they really do. I'm also a huge boxing fan, and I really don't know if that was worth mentioning but whatever. Lol.

And Yoda doesn't know Vaapad :).

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By KMART4455

@ShootingNova said:

@KMART4455 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@KMART4455 said:

Yoda

Curbstomp verging on Spite

Jack has no midichlorans and is not attuned to the Force. And therefore cannot battle him on those terms. This makes the advantage too great for Yoda

Yoda stomps

You clearly did not read the edit, right? Jack isn't using a lightsaber anymore. This is nowhere near spite. Jack can actually win.

What are you talking about? Who said anything about a lightsaber?

You said that he is not attuned to the Force, no Midi-Chlorians and cannot battle on these terms, which is irrelevant now as of the edit. I could only assume you were talking about prior to the edit.

Yoda is not stomping.

Ok so essentially you are saying that Jack is force sensitive and can use the force against Yoda and Yoda doesnt have that advantage?

I should watch the Samurai Jacks you did because yours are clearly different.. Unless the edit says Yoda cant use the force..

Which I dont see.. All I see is it states Yoda HAS access to the force.. Jack does not he has no Midi-Chlorians...

Sooo Im confused by your confusion....

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShootingNova

@KMART4455: Understand what you're saying now.

Yoda isn't using a lightsaber though.

And the Force isn't always an instant-advantage.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Yoda stomps.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ShootingNova

@rangersoul6 said:

@ShootingNova:

You can argue that Yoda is above Mace in dueling, but here's why I think a fight between Jack and Mace is better.

1. Both Jack and Mace are human, it's more aesthetically pleasing.

2. Both are cool badasses.

3. Mace is more offensive than Yoda. Jack is an offensive fighter as well. Yoda is a more force based user than Mace.

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A07WNupEXk

Watch the video. Mace pwning a bunch of droids, in the same style Jack would do (Genndy worked on both Samurai Jack and Clone Wars)

5. Who wouldn't like a Mace vs Samurai Jack a la Genndy Tartakovsky.

Its not an argument. Its canonical statement. There is no argument.

1. Yes.

2. Not the point.

3. Mace prefers Vaapad, while Yoda uses Ataru.

4. Seen that. Some of which is inconsistent, namely the telekinesis.

5. That would be a totally different matter.

That's the thing, he's a master of lightsaber combat. The way Yoda handles and fights with a lightsaber is different than Jack does. Styles make fights they really do. I'm also a huge boxing fan, and I really don't know if that was worth mentioning but whatever. Lol.

Of course.

And Yoda doesn't know Vaapad :).

Not relevant. Windu's use of Vaapad is supposed to be more effective against Dark Siders, and remains dreadfully infirm. Windu has no feats on par with Yoda's.

Windu is incapable of reacting to Palpatine's strikes while Yoda can at least contend.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Yoda Stomps

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Rumble Man

EU yoda wins but the yoda displayed in the movie and the clone wars (gendy) can lose

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ShootingNova

@Rumble Man said:

EU yoda wins but the yoda displayed in the movie and the clone wars (gendy) can lose

Film Yoda definitely loses.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rumble Man

@ShootingNova: and only the versions in popular media will lose, not the beastly one in the novel

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ShootingNova

@Rumble Man: Yeah.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BlueComet

@TheSwordsman: @ShootingNova said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I would think, that in the new changes, Jack wins. I didn't notice them.

Yoda with a lightsaber wins.

I'm going to give each of them there own swords, Jack his God Sword and Yoda his Light-saber. Since Jack's sword is indestructible and can cut through any SOLID substance the Light-saber won't cut through it and since the light-saber isnt solid Jacks sword wont cut through it. Plus each character can fight to there full potential.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By darktiger

@ShootingNova said:

Jack using a lightsaber? Seriously? He's not even Force-sensitive, so he can't wield it properly.

Yoda stomps in both of these rounds unless Jack has a normal sword/or his own sword.

agreed yoda is the man

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BlueComet

@Soul_Rebel said:

@ShootingNova: I just saw someone say that Jack would be fast enough to avoid his force abilities. I'm not 100%, but i believe TK is part of the force.

So long as Jack can move faster than Yodas eyes can see(which he can) Yoda wont be able to accurately use his TK on him.

Still a really good fight but Jack still wins 7 times out of 10 imho.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet: Great. So from the new edit, Yoda wins.

@BlueComet said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

@ShootingNova: I just saw someone say that Jack would be fast enough to avoid his force abilities. I'm not 100%, but i believe TK is part of the force.

So long as Jack can move faster than Yodas eyes can see(which he can) Yoda wont be able to accurately use his TK on him.

Uhh...... what?

Yoda can contend with Sidious, who strikes and reacts just as fast, if not faster, than Jack. Yoda can certainly see Jack.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet: Great. So from the new edit, Yoda wins.

You wish it would be that easy for Yoda. But it wouldn't. Jack would still win about 7/10

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

Uhh...... what?

Yoda can contend with Sidious, who strikes and reacts just as fast, if not faster, than Jack. Yoda can certainly see Jack.

But it's still too fast for Yoda to directly use his TK on either of them. And even though Yoda's now using a light-saber Jack is still faster.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

You wish it would be that easy for Yoda. But it wouldn't. Jack would still win about 7/10

No, he wouldn't. You mean Yoda would.

But it's still too fast for Yoda to directly use his TK on either of them. And even though Yoda's now using a light-saber Jack is still faster.

Not true. If he manages distance, he can use TK, but its not even necessary. And Yoda's lightsaber striking speeds are near-relativistic, so I don't know how much faster Jack moves, if he even does at all.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet said:

No, he wouldn't. You mean Yoda would.

Yes, he would. Jack would.

@ShootingNova said:

Not true. If he manages distance, he can use TK, but its not even necessary. And Yoda's lightsaber striking speeds are near-relativistic, so I don't know how much faster Jack moves, if he even does at all.

Even then Jack is incredibly fast on his feet, he's gonna close that distance pretty fast. I happen to know that Jack moves faster plus his sword is nearly invisible while in motion, while Yoda is swinging around a giant glow stick. Advantage Jack.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Jack in no way is as fast as yoda, I watched every samurai jack there is, he's fast but yoda is on another level...yoda wins.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

We'll find out later.

Even then Jack is incredibly fast on his feet, he's gonna close that distance pretty fast. I happen to know that Jack moves faster plus his sword is nearly invisible while in motion, while Yoda is swinging around a giant glow stick. Advantage Jack.

And Yoda swings his saber so fast he creates tornadoes of afterimages. Jack does not create so many afterimages when he swings his blade.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet said:

We'll find out later.

And Yoda swings his saber so fast he creates tornadoes of afterimages. Jack does not create so many afterimages when he swings his blade.

LOL yeah, like I said Yoda is literally swinging around a giant glow stick. Jacks sword(like i said) is invisible while in motion. You don't see Jacks sword at all that was my point.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet: Except swinging so fast you produce afterimages (or a tornado's worth of it) is already sufficient to combat that, its even faster. You don't see Yoda's blade either, only the tracks left behind due to the immense speed Yoda swings it at.

Plus there's precognition and clairvoyance to an incredibly advanced level.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ShootingNova

@Bane_of_sith said:

Jack in no way is as fast as yoda, I watched every samurai jack there is, he's fast but yoda is on another level...yoda wins.

Not necessarily. Jack ploughs through armies in seconds, which is quite good. He can at least contend with Yoda.

But yes, Yoda wins.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova: LOL Again it is a giant glow stick of course it's gonna leave behind a bunch of afterimages, that's what they do. That fact pretty much nulls Yodas "feat".

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I've watched that whole series,,he is REALLY fast but I don't think he is as fast as yoda. I know he is amazing fighter but speaking strictly speed. He doesn't match yoda IMO

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShootingNova

@Bane_of_sith: His movement speed is superior to Yoda's. His striking speed, perhaps, but at the very least, contendable with Yoda's, except that Yoda has high precognition and clairvoyance.

@BlueComet said:

@ShootingNova: LOL Again it is a giant glow stick of course it's gonna leave behind a bunch of afterimages, that's what they do. That fact pretty much nulls Yodas "feat".

Its not that. The points of that was Yoda's striking speed causing that, not the blade itself.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BlueComet

@Bane_of_sith: I completely disagree, I've also seen all the episodes of Samurai Jack and I think that he is even faster than Yoda. But like you said it's just my opinion.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I agree his movement is above yoda, if I was misleading I apologize, I'm speaking strictly speed of strike itself I think yoda has more, but we all know jack can move fast as hell...and of course. "jump good" lol

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova: I don't think you are understanding me. He is basically swinging around a giant glow stick. You don't have to swing one fast at all to leave behind that many afterimages. A normal person can achieve this same feat.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet: Summoning a a few afterimages, or one, is of course not beyond human capability. But to create an entire tornado(es) of said afterimages is beyond that.

@Bane_of_sith said:

I agree his movement is above yoda, if I was misleading I apologize, I'm speaking strictly speed of strike itself I think yoda has more, but we all know jack can move fast as hell...and of course. "jump good" lol

Simply the striking speed is debatable.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova said:

@Bane_of_sith said:

Not necessarily. Jack ploughs through armies in seconds, which is quite good. He can at least contend with Yoda.

But yes, Yoda wins.

Naaaaah, he's just messing with you @Bane_of_sith, Jack is faster and he totally takes this fight.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova: When you are basically using a giant glow stick to achieve this feat it really is that easy.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

Naaaaah, he's just messing with you @Bane_of_sith, Jack is faster and he totally takes this fight.

@BlueComet said:

@ShootingNova: When you are basically using a giant glow stick to achieve this feat it really is that easy.

No, it isn't. Creating entire tornadoes and generating afterimages from all directions around you is impossible for a normal human, because we can't twist our hands around with the same velocity (if at all).

Yoda can twist hands around (which normal humans can't do) with just as much skill and is nigh-ambidextrous.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BlueComet

@Bane_of_sith: Yeah like ShootingNova said the striking speed really is debateable it's just whatever your opinion is.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

@Bane_of_sith: Yeah like ShootingNova said the striking speed really is debateable it's just whatever your opinion is.

Not really. Comparatively, I would say they strike at near-equal speeds. Plus Yoda's clairvoyance and precognition which would allow him to see said strikes in slow-motion, and Yoda wins.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet said:

@BlueComet said:

No, it isn't. Creating entire tornadoes and generating afterimages from all directions around you is impossible for a normal human, because we can't twist our hands around with the same velocity (if at all).

Yoda can twist hands around (which normal humans can't do) with just as much skill and is nigh-ambidextrous.

Do you mind posting a scan or video of Yoda doing this so I can get a better understanding of the feat in general.

Because it sounds to me like your saying Yoda can create actual mini-tornados with his saber.

Either way you can't truly compaare that feat to Jacks since you can't actually see his sword while it is in motion. Unless of course they slow it down.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet: No, he doesn't actually create tornadoes (as in those twisters that blow everything away). He just creates funnel-shaped, tornado-shaped (and mini-funnel tornado-sized ones) storms of afterimages.

He can also fight fast enough to create a green shield, runs in a blur etc.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Although I'm a bigger fan of starwars than jack I'm really not being biased at all. I have read quite a few of the books and watched all of samurai jack, I just think yoda when channeling the force can strike at higher speeds. I'm not going off of anyones input but my own. I know both of these characters well enough

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova: Okay I get what your saying.

I realize Yoda does have speed much faster than any human(the same can be said about Jack of course) but the fact fact that Yodas sword is a giant glow stick really does mean that he only has to swing his saber faster than the human eye to achieve this. Jack can percieve things that normal humans can't so neither one can swing there sword faster than the other can see, however the simple fact that Jacks sword is hard to see while in motion and Yodas sword will constantly be glowing during the fight, Jack does have a big advantage there.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet said:

Not really. Comparatively, I would say they strike at near-equal speeds. Plus Yoda's clairvoyance and precognition which would allow him to see said strikes in slow-motion, and Yoda wins.

I thimk that Jack really does have faster striking speed, and Yodas isn't going to be able to get a good hit in on Jack using a glowing sword and all but Jacks sword will be incredibly hard too see when he is swinging it.

So for these reasons and a few others, Jack wins

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Bane_of_sith

His sword wouldn't be hard to see for yoda though, maybe a regular person but when channelling the force you see things in slow motion, in a way yoda knows what's coming. That why when two force users fight its basically the force doing the fighting each one moving on instinct until the other makes an unpredictable move to catch the other off guard. Jack simply can't contend with that cause he doesn't have the force. To be honest I think jack would make a slash attempt at yoda, yoda would know what's coming and counter strike and kill him instantly just like a true samurai duel...the clanging of swords is movie stuff, in real,life there was a strike and a counter strike coupled with a parry, real samurai never clacked swords. If jack goes high, yoda ducks and delivers a horizontal slash to the gut killing jack, if jack goes low, yoda jumps and decapitatesnhim instantly. He has precognition, jack doesnt

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

I realize Yoda does have speed much faster than any human(the same can be said about Jack of course) but the fact fact that Yodas sword is a giant glow stick really does mean that he only has to swing his saber faster than the human eye to achieve this. Jack can percieve things that normal humans can't so neither one can swing there sword faster than the other can see, however the simple fact that Jacks sword is hard to see while in motion and Yodas sword will constantly be glowing during the fight, Jack does have a big advantage there.

Actually, the glow is an advantage for Yoda. Since the glow is an afterimage, Jack can be mislead and dodge incorrectly, which results in his death.

@BlueComet said:

I thimk that Jack really does have faster striking speed, and Yodas isn't going to be able to get a good hit in on Jack using a glowing sword and all but Jacks sword will be incredibly hard too see when he is swinging it.

So for these reasons and a few others, Jack wins.

Once again, the glow is going to most likely misguide Jack. On the other hand, Yoda's clairvoyance and precognition is enough to see Jack's strikes in slow motion. Jack isn't winning.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet said:

Actually, the glow is an advantage for Yoda. Since the glow is an afterimage, Jack can be mislead and dodge incorrectly, which results in his death.

Not really, Yoda can't swing it faster faster than Jack can see so Jack's gonna have a pretty easy time keeping track of the saber. Afterimages or not Jack's smart and fast enough to see all of Yodas strikes coming.

@ShootingNova said:

@BlueComet said:

So for these reasons and a few others, Jack wins.

Once again, the glow is going to most likely misguide Jack. On the other hand, Yoda's clairvoyance and precognition is enough to see Jack's strikes in slow motion. Jack isn't winning.

The glow is actually going to help Jack. What you said about Yodas precognition is just speculation, you don't know that Yoda will be able to see Jacks strikes at all, sure he can do that when he's fighting someone with a light-saber since it glows but this is different. Jack isn't swinging an easy to see glow stick he is swinging fast, thin, dark, sharp piece of indestructible metal. I doubt Yoda would be able to see it coming and even if he could he probably isn't fast enough to dodge it.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By BlueComet

@ShootingNova: Also it's not just sight but sound that plays a factor here. Not only is Jack gonna have an aesy time dodging a ssword that glows but it also makes sound, since Jack has above human senses it's gonna be a breeze for him to against someone with a light-saber.

@Bane_of_sith: I don't know about real life samurai but Jack has clashed weapons with people plenty of times. Force or not Jack has more than enough speed to contend with Yoda and just enough so that Yodas precognition will eventually fail him and Yoda won't be fast enough to avoid Jacks attack. It's that one attack that Yoda won't see coming that's gonna end this fight. And jack will win.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

Not really, Yoda can't swing it faster faster than Jack can see so Jack's gonna have a pretty easy time keeping track of the saber. Afterimages or not Jack's smart and fast enough to see all of Yodas strikes coming.

Jack, without senses like the Force, will get disoriented over time against so many afterimages.

The glow is actually going to help Jack. What you said about Yodas precognition is just speculation, you don't know that Yoda will be able to see Jacks strikes at all, sure he can do that when he's fighting someone with a light-saber since it glows but this is different. Jack isn't swinging an easy to see glow stick he is swinging fast, thin, dark, sharp piece of indestructible metal. I doubt Yoda would be able to see it coming and even if he could he probably isn't fast enough to dodge it.

No, just no. Yoda can (with his clairvoyance and precognition) contend with Sidious, who strikes faster than Jack does. So he can contend with Jack.

Also it's not just sight but sound that plays a factor here. Not only is Jack gonna have an aesy time dodging a ssword that glows but it also makes sound, since Jack has above human senses it's gonna be a breeze for him to against someone with a light-saber.

Except the "glow" is a past glow, that is what's so misleading. If Jack attempts to dodge them, he will run into the real saber.

I don't know about real life samurai but Jack has clashed weapons with people plenty of times. Force or not Jack has more than enough speed to contend with Yoda and just enough so that Yodas precognition will eventually fail him and Yoda won't be fast enough to avoid Jacks attack. It's that one attack that Yoda won't see coming that's gonna end this fight. And jack will win.

The Force, if used correctly, never fails you in these situations. Yoda's precognition will not fail him. That's just conjecture.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BlueComet

bump

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points