#6 Edited by Lord44 (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

Windu gets Stomped

#7 Posted by Tohoma (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda every time.

#8 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda

#9 Posted by Erkan12 (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Without dark side amp of Windu, Yoda should win the majority. But since this is a versus, and lets say Windu will use everything he got, sinking into Vaapad and using Shatterpoint etc.

Windu wins 5.5 / 10

#10 Posted by Penderor (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give 1/10 for Windu and that victory comes only if he would be able to somehow release the Dark Side in the Yoda.

Look Erkan, I like you but you must admit that Master shouldnt beat Grandmaster.

#11 Edited by Erkan12 (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

Look Erkan, I like you but you must admit that Master shouldnt beat Grandmaster.

I would, but you know Windu was also Master of the Order. This make things more complicated.

#12 Posted by Intrepid37 (697 posts) - - Show Bio

Rank is absolutely irrelevant to ability; Vader takes orders from Tarkin, but I think everyone would agree that Tarkin would get his shit pushed in by Vader.

As for this fight; Yoda comfortably. Mace could hold out for a decent amount of time, but Yoda is more skilled (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter), more powerful (The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia), and considerably faster (Yoda: Dark Rendezvous).

#13 Edited by Penderor (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: Still you must realise that Yoda technically mastered all forms while Mace just one. I think that their fight might be interesting but it would be really fast from 10-20 seconds and we know who would win.

I think that Yoda and Mace were made as nearly equals originally. No matter what novel says, people believe that Mace really beated Sidious on a fair fight and Yoda just got unlucky. And the way Mace is showed in ROTS movie I think he might be able to beat anyone in the Order.

#14 Posted by Intrepid37 (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: Mace is master of at least 2-3 forms, not just one.

#15 Posted by Juiceboks (9109 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh..Yoda. Seriously this isn't a debate.

#16 Posted by Whirlwind_33 (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this still going? Yoda>Mace in every way.

#17 Posted by Faymousinus (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh..Yoda. Seriously this isn't a debate.

#18 Posted by EpicTayMan (2402 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda is Mace windu's master,so with that logic Yoda Wins!

#19 Edited by Erkan12 (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: Nah. He knows Soresu and Djem-so as well. Before Vaapad, he was using these. In fact he used some djem-so maneuver against Sidious here ;

Also Yoda does not know Juyo / Vaapad. (At least he is not using) There are 6 lightsaber form belong to jedi, Yoda knows all, but Juyo is belong to sith and Vaapad invented by Windu.

#20 Edited by ShootingNova (17381 posts) - - Show Bio

Juyo does not belong to a Sith. Kavar, Vrook and Zez-Kai Ell were all Jedi, but they were masters of Juyo and taught it to Meetra Surik.

Yoda stomps, and I like how Shatterpoint and Windu's one time amp are being brought up.

#21 Posted by Experio (16100 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda

#22 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25026 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda. Come on now...

#23 Edited by LuciusTheEternal (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda. Mace fight over Palpatine was pearly a mental game on Anakin more than a serious victory for Mace who also had three other masters to help him as distractions.

#24 Posted by Jayc1324 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace is second only to Yoda. Yoda wins.

#25 Posted by PapiNacho (2422 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this fight old canon or new canon? Either way I'd go with Yoda but I am curious because my answer might change as new stuff gets released.

#26 Posted by Erkan12 (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this fight old canon or new canon? Either way I'd go with Yoda but I am curious because my answer might change as new stuff gets released.

Why is that ?

#27 Posted by Thanofleeze (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace wins because he's taller.

#28 Edited by PapiNacho (2422 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: A lot of the stuff with Mace was released before ROTS when people still didn't have a clear idea how powerful Mace was supposed to be or even the right color of his lightsaber (for pre-AotC stuff). George for one used to think he would be a match for Yoda, I'm thinking there is a strong possibility that going forward EU writers might adhere to that vision of the character.

#29 Posted by Cregan_Stark (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda 9/10

#30 Posted by martinceld (586 posts) - - Show Bio

yoda all day everyday

#31 Posted by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

The little green monkey.

#32 Posted by laflux (16050 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Erkan12 (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I've found another quote, which is G-Canon and proves that Windu at the same level with Yoda and Sidious.

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

Source : George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith; page 204

#34 Posted by Intrepid37 (697 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace is on a similar tier regarding raw lightsaber skill, but he is considerably less powerful than Yoda and Sidious.

#35 Posted by Faymousinus (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

I would give 1/10 for Windu and that victory comes only if he would be able to somehow release the Dark Side in the Yoda.

For him to release the Dark Side in Yoda. Pftttt.

If theres one guy who Mace cant turn to the Dark Side, its Yoda.

#36 Posted by Whirlwind_33 (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

Alright, I've found another quote, which is G-Canon and proves that Windu at the same level with Yoda and Sidious.

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

Lucas has no control over Star Wars anymore so there is no g-canon classification. It's only Canon and Legends and since this thread was made before the canon shift C-Canon counts just as much as G-Canon does. Regardless of which canon, Yoda wins every time.

#37 Posted by Faymousinus (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

Lucas has no control over Star Wars anymore so there is no g-canon classification. It's only Canon and Legends and since this thread was made before the canon shift C-Canon counts just as much as G-Canon does. Regardless of which canon, Yoda wins every time.

Thank you.

#38 Edited by Whirlwind_33 (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

The little green monkey.

So you like little guys ugh? Well I'm 5"6 just fyi.

#39 Posted by Faymousinus (1261 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by ManInTheMountain (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: is Mace Windu beating Sidious STILL going on? Come on, he was fighting Windu, Kit Fisto, and two other Jedi masters AT THE SAME TIME. He still managed to kill all three. You could also tell Sidious was holding back, because he wanted Anakin to come and see if he was loyal enough to defend Palpatine. Because without Anakin as an apprentice, Sidious couldn't do much, really

#41 Posted by Whirlwind_33 (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

@faymousinus: You son a bi....lol.

It's cool though. My little guy, is about that size *wink wink*

#42 Posted by JediXMan (30665 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda continues to stomp.

#43 Edited by Faymousinus (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: Because without Anakin as an apprentice, Sidious couldn't do much, really

I would say he could still do alot. It was more because he wanted the extra special ''Chosen one'' on his side.

#44 Edited by NinjaWarrior268 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe Mace was better or Palpatine let him win. Mace just found a lucky opening and exploited it

#45 Edited by Penderor (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

@faymousinus: Thats why i said just 1/10.

Nothing is impossible. In TCW there was a proof that there is Dark Side inside of Yoda.

@maninthemountain: Sidious was holding back at the start. Until Mace started to buff himself from the Dark Side inside the Sidious, then Sidious started losing.

#46 Posted by Eisenfauste (8300 posts) - - Show Bio

Juyo does not belong to a Sith. Kavar, Vrook and Zez-Kai Ell were all Jedi, but they were masters of Juyo and taught it to Meetra Surik.

Yoda stomps, and I like how Shatterpoint and Windu's one time amp are being brought up.

The amp of being on his homeworld, or simply that the author gave him the shatterpoint force technique?

#47 Posted by ShootingNova (17381 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Eisenfauste (8300 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Oh I thought you were talking about Shatterpoint the book and was like, don't think that was an amp.........

#49 Posted by ShootingNova (17381 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: I would have italicized Shatterpoint, like I just did, if I was referring to the novel. I was obviously referring to the technique, given how I was wording it.

#50 Posted by Eisenfauste (8300 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: No one here italicizes books when referring to them. You are the first I have seen, I didn't pick up on it right away sue me. You don't like that he got the technique without them explaining how right?