• 51 results
Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edude117

Okay, before people start posting "This has been done before!!! Flagged!!!!! DX<", I know this has been done before, but every thread that I've read either has one-answer responses or just goes off on some stupid tangent. I'd really like to know the answer to this.

Yoda and Hulk have their standard gear.

No BFR and we're not using WWH.

Morals are off.

It's a random encounter.

The fight takes place in a rocky canyon.

Who wins?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hulk.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk should win this. he can regenerate at very fast rates and has resisted tp before

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RetconCrisis

His healing factor can sorta counter anything Yoda throws at him. Yoda is extremely skilled in lightsaber combat, and is the second strongest force-user, behind GM Luke. But it won't let him keep up with Hulk for long. Although Hulk is much slower than Yoda, he will eventually catch Yoda and crush him. ( :( ) Unless Yoda has telepathy feats in some EU that I have not read (I admit I've probably only read about half of all there is) Hulk should win, but with a lot of difficulty trying to catch or tag Yoda, especially because Yoda has precog.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Hulk's healing factor would be too much of and obstacle for Yoda to overcome. His only hope is Battle Meditation.........Which i have no idea how that would even play out here.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@edude117: Ok not WWH but which one? Savage, Mindless, Grey, Gravage, Profeser?

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edude117

@retconcrisis said:

His healing factor can sorta counter anything Yoda throws at him. Yoda is extremely skilled in lightsaber combat, and is the second strongest force-user, behind GM Luke. But it won't let him keep up with Hulk for long. Although Hulk is much slower than Yoda, he will eventually catch Yoda and crush him. ( :( ) Unless Yoda has telepathy feats in some EU that I have not read (I admit I've probably only read about half of all there is) Hulk should win, but with a lot of difficulty trying to catch or tag Yoda, especially because Yoda has precog.

But Hulks healing factor rises as he get's angrier. Since he starts the fight at base anger (almost as though he's just transformed), Yoda'd be able to chop his limbs off with his lightsaber which would debilitate Hulk a lot and then just cut off his head. I mean, I could be mistaken about that as I'm not exactly a Hulk maestro (hah get it), however, if Wolverines claws can puncture Hulk with relative ease, I'm sure a lightsaber wouldn't have much of a problem against Hulk (peak anger may be a different story).

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117:

But Hulks healing factor rises as he get's angrier.

Doesn't matter. Even at base, Hulk's healing factor is nothing short of amazing.

Since he starts the fight at base anger (almost as though he's just transformed), Yoda'd be able to chop his limbs off with his lightsaber which would debilitate Hulk a lot and then just cut off his head.

It would take wayyy more then one strike to amputate a limb. It would take dozen and dozens of shots for Yoda to slice through Hulk's limb. Which, thanks to healing factor, will be a task i don't think Yoda could pull off.

I mean, I could be mistaken about that as I'm not exactly a Hulk maestro (hah get it), however, if Wolverines claws can puncture Hulk with relative ease,

Wolverine claws have never outright amputated Hulk's body parts.....At all. Plus Adamantium>Lightsaber.

I'm sure a lightsaber wouldn't have much of a problem against Hulk (peak anger may be a different story).

Yes it would.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dccomicsrule2011: Adamantium > lightsaber? How would/could you even compare the two? If anything i would say Adamantium = lightsaber as both are nigh indestructible (besides the shaft/handle on the lightsaber) and can cut through nearly everything.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@deathstroke19 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Adamantium > lightsaber? How would/could you even compare the two? If anything i would say Adamantium = lightsaber as both are nigh indestructible (besides the shaft/handle on the lightsaber) and can cut through nearly everything.

Based off feats. Adamantium has been able to cut through even the likes of Thor and Gladiator. That supersedes anything a lightsaber has ever done.

Trust me, a lightsaber does not have the same cutting power Adamantium has.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Edude117

@bronze_surfer: Hmmmmm... Round One: Yoda vs. Mindless Hulk - Round Two: Yoda vs. Indestructible Hulk

Those are the two most powerful versions of Hulk behind WWH, World Breaker, and Cap. Universe Hulk, right?

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@edude117:

Doesn't matter. Even at base, Hulk's healing factor is nothing short of amazing.

It would take wayyy more then one strike to amputate a limb. It would take dozen and dozens of shots for Yoda to slice through Hulk's limb. Which, thanks to healing factor, will be a task i don't think Yoda could pull off.

Wolverine claws have never outright amputated Hulk's body parts.....At all. Plus Adamantium>Lightsaber.

Yes it would.

1) Yes, it does. Just because it's amazing doesn't mean he can regrow limbs and whatnot. He doesn't have Wolverines healing factor at base rage.

2) Well, either I don't know enough about Hulk or I don't know enough about the lightsaber. A lightsaber is a four to five foot blade of concentrated, pure plasma that can be compared to a sun's corona which can reach temperatures of one to two million Kelvin. I know for a fact that the Hulk can't handle the heat of a star so, while I'm sure he'd be able to regenerate slashes and cuts from the 'saber without too much of a problem and it may take two or three hits from Yoda to chop a limb off Hulk, it wouldn't take dozens and dozens. That's for sure. And even if it would take a dozen hits, Jedi have been known to be able to perform more than twenty strikes per second with a lightsaber. That means Yoda'd be able to cut off one of Hulks limbs in less than a second.

3) That is debatable.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117: Mindless hulk stomps. Indestructible Hulk wins but not very fast. Also to mention when hulk and wolverine fought wolvie thought he could not peirce hulk but it turns out Hulk was just healing to damn fast. You put mindless hulk a hulk with no moral compas and always is angry so his healing his better than anyones (excepct for maybe deadpool or stardust). WWH who is actually below Mindless hulk tanked Human Torches Nova attack which is hotter than the sun and storms lighting at the same time with no damage. As for Adamantium vs Lightsaber I have seen no things that shows Lightsabers can cut them.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: WWH is below Mindless? Waaahhh? I thought WWH was the most powerful/strongest version?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117: Well I put him there. I see WWH as the strongest when he enters the World Breaker Mode which has more rage than even mindless hulk. But Mindless hulk is just an animal, he has no moral compass and is a being of pure rage.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Adamantium has been able to cut through even the likes of Thor and Gladiator. That supersedes anything a lightsaber has ever done.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117:

Yes, it does. Just because it's amazing doesn't mean he can regrow limbs and whatnot. He doesn't have Wolverines healing factor at base rage.

Hulk healing factor even at base has been able to heal from shots from Wolverine....he would not have a problem healing from a lightsaber. Even at base.

Well, either I don't know enough about Hulk or I don't know enough about the lightsaber. A lightsaber is a four to five foot blade of concentrated, pure plasma that can be compared to a sun's corona which can reach temperatures of one to two million Kelvin.

When was this ever stated? I would like the source that Lightsaber heat matches the Sun's Carona.

I know for a fact that the Hulk can't handle the heat of a star so,

Hulk has withstood the inside of a Nuclear Bomb which, the temp, reaches in the million of degrees. He will not be getting sliced not knife through butter as you seem to think.

Can a lightsaber damage Hulk? yes it can. But it's not going to amputate him with one shot....Not even close.

while I'm sure he'd be able to regenerate slashes and cuts from the 'saber without too much of a problem and it may take two or three hits from Yoda to chop a limb off Hulk, it wouldn't take dozens and dozens. That's for sure. And even if it would take a dozen hits, Jedi have been known to be able to perform more than twenty strikes per second with a lightsaber. That means Yoda'd be able to cut off one of Hulks limbs in less than a second.

Read above.

3) That is debatable.

No it's not. As I said before:

Adamantium has been able to cut through even the likes of Thor and Gladiator. That supersedes anything a lightsaber has ever done.

Lightsaber has a hard enough time cutting through Mandalorian Iron.....It's cutting power is not on par with Adamantium.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: but I'm saying we wouldn't be able to compare things from different universes. Sure it could through Thor but in the Star Wars universe Thor's armor could be like paper (unlikely but possible because you never know) and i lightsaber would laugh at it or it could be consodered the most durable thing in the star wars universe (which also is unlikely but possible) in which the lightsaber wouldn't be able to get through as they changed the durability. Another random example could be a rock in the marvel universe is just a normal earth rock but in the SW universe it could be "as hard as a rock"(see what i did there) and be the hardest substance in that universe. You would never know unless writers from both universes actually came out and said a rock from marvel is the same as a rock from the SW universe. So its really not possible to compare these to from different universes as we don't know how the universes may make the object differ.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: True, but that doesn't make him the most powerful version of Hulk. In fact, since he's, well, mindless, wouldn't that make him prone to very poor decision making?

Oh, and could I see some scans of Hulk's regen. at base anger? Based on the general consensus, I feel like I don't really know Hulks regeneration capabilities.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. interesting....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@deathstroke19 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: but I'm saying we wouldn't be able to compare things from different universes. Sure it could through Thor but in the Star Wars universe Thor's armor could be like paper (unlikely but possible because you never know) and i lightsaber would laugh at it or it could be consodered the most durable thing in the star wars universe (which also is unlikely but possible) in which the lightsaber wouldn't be able to get through as they changed the durability. Another random example could be a rock in the marvel universe is just a normal earth rock but in the SW universe it could be "as hard as a rock"(see what i did there) and be the hardest substance in that universe. You would never know unless writers from both universes actually came out and said a rock from marvel is the same as a rock from the SW universe. So its really not possible to compare these to from different universes as we don't know how the universes may make the object differ.

I'm comparing the durable things they both have cut through. That's how we compare feats on Comicvine it's nothing new.

Thor has withstood the pressure of Neutron Stars and has basically chilled in the heart of a star; a lightsaber has never cut through anything nearly as durable and has trouble cutting through far less.

The rest of your post is an appeal to ignorance, so I'm not even going to address it.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@edude117: Hulk's healing factor is greater than Wolverine's not by much, but greater... Right @wolverine08? (Be very careful to what you're going to answer...) :P

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117: I'm saying power in terms of strength and healing since they are conected to his rage. WWH is posibly the smartest hulk and could outsmart mindless. I would show you my scans but my main source of them is being very odd. Not leting me click on the scans. @theacidskull do you know why this is ocuring?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@edude117: Hulk's healing factor is greater than Wolverine's not by much, but greater... Right @wolverine08? (Be very careful to what you're going to answer...) :P

I'd say that Savage's healing factor is about equal with Wolverine's, but I've seen Savage do things like heal insanely fast while walking on the core of a hot planet, so he might have a decent edge on Logan on that regard. Any version higher, and Hulk undeniably heals better than Wolverine.

superman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yoda is a badass. he wins easy wifh force. stomp

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: "That's how we compare feats on Comicvine it's nothing new."

....sob.... That sounded kind of mean....

But yes i understand what you saying and i understand that but I'm just saying its hard to compare objects from different universes.

By the way is this dccomisrule2011 or his brother?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@superman121: please tell me how Yoda wins. I'm not an expert but against mindless or industructible hulk he has no chance.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: WWH is the strongest Hulk ever, because he's never been madder. Mindless is just Hulkbeing mindless hence the name, but a Hulk with intentions to be mad is even deadlier than one that it's just wandering around creating chaos with no reason...

No Caption Provided

It was stated plenty of times throughout the run... Banner himself stated this when he returned against Skaar...

No Caption Provided

superman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: he is the masteer of the force! and he kills hulk with lightsaber skills

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Maybe he is stronger at the start but Mindless hulks rage just keeps building. That is all he is, rage. WWH at least has a moral compas and does not smash all there is so he is not pure rage like Mindless hulk is.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superman121: Cool. What will he do with it? Hulk can heal from whatever he does.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yoda is a badass. he wins easy wifh force. stomp

Nonsense.

@dccomicsrule2011: "That's how we compare feats on Comicvine it's nothing new."

....sob.... That sounded kind of mean....

But yes i understand what you saying and i understand that but I'm just saying its hard to compare objects from different universes.

By the way is this dccomisrule2011 or his brother?

Not mean but blunt. Sorry if it came off that way, it was never my intention.

And that is why I go by feats. Adamanium just flat-out has better feats then a Lightsaber does when it comes to cutting, that is where I draw my conclusion on the matter.

This is me DC. My brother is dboyrules2011. He doesn't debate much, if at all.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: also the only real reason for bring up Mindless Hulk and WWH is tanking Torches Nova Blast with Storms Lightning.

superman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By superman121

@bronze_surfer: he blows him up from the inside, yea hulk wont heal that.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

1) Sorry, a lightsaber is comparable to a sun's surface, not corona.

http://www.light-sabers.net/lightsaber-science.html

"The closest we have in reality to a lightsaber are plasma guns. Plasma guns are used extensively to coat surfaces with thin films of other materials. They're also used in the construction of all aircraft engines. Large volumes of gas are blasted through an electric arc, by radio waves, or even microwaves. This energizes the gas to a plasma state. Temperatures of 6,600 C to 16,600 C can be reached, which exceed the surface temperature of the sun."

2) "Hulk has withstood the inside of a Nuclear Bomb..." Can you provide proof of that? Don't mean to sound sassy or anything, I'm just interested.

3) I don't think that a lightsaber would cut through Hulk like butter. I apologize if I make it seem like I do. And, like I said, even if it doesn't take one shot to slice through one of Hulk's appendages, that wouldn't be much of a problem for Yoda as he can throw well over twenty strikes a second.

4) That's because Mandalorian Iron is specifically lightsaber resistant. Just one of those things put in the Star Wars universe to prevent Jedi/Sith from being overpowered gods.

5) "Adamantium has been able to cut througheven the likes of Thor and Gladiator. That supersedes anything a lightsaber has ever done." Are you sure that wasn't PIS? I mean, I'm almost positive either that never happened or it was just a bad case of writer's boredom. After all, if you want to take into account everything that's happened in Marvel, then Squirrel Girl beats everyone, right?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GhostRavage

@bronze_surfer: Mindless Hulk does not posses any feats to suggest he's greater in any aspect to WWH. Bannerless on the other hand does have a feat worth the mention, which is busting Onslaught's armor when a bunch of powerhouses including Thor couldn't do it. But that's about it, he still gets drowned with feats by Pak's Hulk.

That being said, WWH was more impressive in every way. at the end of the run it was revealed that Banner was Hulk all the time, including WBH... That the reason i say a Hulk with intentions is deadlier than a Mindless Hulk. Mindless Hulk can't feel emotions like love or whatever... But Pak's Hulk did feel all those things, which served him as an enormous boost in his abilities to the point he doesn't even need to build up at all..

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Edude117

@ghostravage said:

Well, sh*t. I never knew that.

If I can see some feats, then I'm most certainly siding with Hulk on this one as far as the lightsaber debate goes.

Would Yoda's TP work against Hulk? Yoda has been said numerous times to be one of the most powerful TP users in Star Wars history. And would Yoda be able to crush one of Hulk's organs via TK? Like, his trachea or heart?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GhostRavage

@edude117: Well... Im not using my computer now, i would probably be able to post more things later, but here's the preview...

No Caption Provided

Hulk loses 90% of his body mass when Vector was repelling all the matter around him... He heals back to normal in seconds.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: ... woah... And what version of Hulk was this?

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huge yoa fan here.....yoda dies horribly

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117: Professor Hulk... 2nd weakest version of Hulk :P Savage Hulk didn't even suffer from the same attack in an instance before...

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Hot damn. If Hulk can survive a blast like that and regenerate in seconds... screw that. Hulk wins. Thanks, guys.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dum529001

Here's a few examples of Hulk Taking Some Extreme Temperatures.....

Even the mutated super-genius, Leader, realizes, "The tests are worthless! There's no way to measure his strength! There is nothing he cannot do! I cannot build a device powerful enough to test him with!" From Tales to Astonish #73:

It also shown that Hulk easily withstands extreme temperatures (Tales to astonish #73,Tales to astonish #80,incredible Hulk #105)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Taking a gamma-bomb at point -blank range, a bomb so powerful, regular nuclear bombs are a joke in comparison to it. (Tales to astonish #62)

No Caption Provided

The Hulk escapes from Dr. Doom's castle and takes a gamma bomb with him that Dr. Doom was going to use on Latveria. Dr. Doom detonates the bomb while the Hulk has it strapped to his back and the Hulk survives the blast in Incredible Hulk #144:

No Caption Provided

In the past, bombarding Hulk with gamma rays sometimes served to revert him back to Banner. Vision and Captain Marvel attempt the gambit and fail in Incredible Hulk #300:

No Caption Provided

Reverse polarity tactics don't work either. Here, Mindless Hulk no sells antigamma bursts in Incredible Hulk #299:

No Caption Provided

The varieties of energy he can withstand are aptly illustrated here when infrared, ultraviolet, cosmic rays, and every other deadly form of radiant energy that Captain Marvel tries do nothing to Mindless Hulk. From Incredible Hulk #321:

No Caption Provided

Mindless Hulk survives a gamma bomb detonation blast at ground zero in Incredible Hulk vol.3 #7:

No Caption Provided

Just as Banner's attributes intermix with the Hulk, attributes of the Hulk bleed into Banner. The line between his human and monster form blurs sometimes; accordingly, Banner developed superhuman attributes himself. For instance, Bruce's human form is highly tolerant to energy. "

The master of radiation directs a killing combination of radioactive rays down at Bruce Banner. It is only his own prolonged exposure to gamma rays that enables him to suffer X-Ray's assault... and live!" From Incredible Hulk #276:

No Caption Provided

World War Hulk was born in the very blast that incinerated Caiera of the Oldstrong and destroyed his capital. And it is arguable that the only pain he feels is emotional. From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #104-05:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Savage Hulk has survived being blasted by Galactus himself in Secret Wars #9:

No Caption Provided

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117:

Sorry, a lightsaber is comparable to a sun's surface, not corona.

http://www.light-sabers.net/lightsaber-science.html

"The closest we have in reality to a lightsaber are plasma guns. Plasma guns are used extensively to coat surfaces with thin films of other materials. They're also used in the construction of all aircraft engines. Large volumes of gas are blasted through an electric arc, by radio waves, or even microwaves. This energizes the gas to a plasma state. Temperatures of 6,600 C to 16,600 C can be reached, which exceed the surface temperature of the sun."

Just like I thought..... Hulk has taken dealt with that kind of temp and then some.

"Hulk has withstood the inside of a Nuclear Bomb..." Can you provide proof of that? Don't mean to sound sassy or anything, I'm just interested.

No Caption Provided

I don't think that a lightsaber would cut through Hulk like butter. I apologize if I make it seem like I do. And, like I said, even if it doesn't take one shot to slice through one of Hulk's appendages, that wouldn't be much of a problem for Yoda as he can throw well over twenty strikes a second.

The thing is though would Yoda be able to cut through Hulk quicker then the latter can heal? That's what we're discussing here. I doubt it.

That's because Mandalorian Iron is specifically lightsaber resistant. Just one of those things put in the Star Wars universe to prevent Jedi/Sith from being overpowered gods.

They're several metals besides Mado Iron that are resistant to Lightsaber's though. hell even Darth Bane's Orbalisk Armour was resistant to it.

"Adamantium has been able to cut througheven the likes of Thor and Gladiator. That supersedes anything a lightsaber has ever done." Are you sure that wasn't PIS? I mean, I'm almost positive either that never happened or it was just a bad case of writer's boredom. After all, if you want to take into accounteverything that's happened in Marvel, then Squirrel Girl beats everyone, right?

It's not PIS because it happens consistently. I hate when people try to chalk everything they don't like up to "PIS" it;s utter nonsense.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117:

The thing is though would Yoda be able to cut through Hulk quicker then the latter can heal? That's what we're discussing here. I doubt it.

Yeah, same here. I was completely unaware of Hulk's regen. speed. It's insanely fast. Total mismatch on my part. Well, ya live n' ya learn.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edude117 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@edude117:

Yeah, same here. I was completely unaware of Hulk's regen. speed. It's insanely fast. Total mismatch on my part. Well, ya live n' ya learn.

In all honestly if it wasn't for the healing factor Yoda would possibly take a majority.

Another note: Could Battle Meditation possibly help Yoda here? :

No Caption Provided

Credit to Silver for the scan.

@dccomicsrule2011: oh ok. You just seem much more serious and stern then usual.

Ah. I guess sometimes my debating style changes with my mood? O_o

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deathstroke19