• 172 results
#1 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wise little green Jedi dude vs. the evil Dark lord of the Sith Darth Vader. Go green dude.

#2 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda, easy. Vader is actually a weaker version of what he use to be. He was more powerful as Anykin and Obi Wan beat him, Yoda is stronger then Obi Wan, so I'd say Yoda beats Vader.

#3 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... Yoda's awesome.

#4 Posted by Sling Shot (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda is the only one who can beat Yoda.

#5 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda. Vader relies on brute strength to make up for his lack of mobility, and that doesn't work when you're fighting Yoda.

#6 Posted by Winduizcool (733 posts) - - Show Bio

The little green midget beats big black clanky man!   :)

#7 Posted by Dr. Doom ftw (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: I totally agree.
#8 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"

Yoda, easy. Vader is actually a weaker version of what he use to be. He was more powerful as Anykin and Obi Wan beat him, Yoda is stronger then Obi Wan, so I'd say Yoda beats Vader.

"
He got stronger with the force. 
#9 Edited by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary said:
" @Gambler said:
"

"
He got stronger with the force.  "
True.
#10 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Gambler said:
"

"
Let me re-phrase that then. As Anykan he was set to become the strongest Sith/Jedi ever. As Vader he reached the ceiling and it was only a fraction of what he could have been. Better ;)
#11 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio

Im actually gonna go with Vader on this one.

#12 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda for sure,he and Windu were the strongest characthers in the series
the only who could beat Yoda would have been Starkiller if he achieved his full potential

#13 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" Yoda for sure,he and Windu were the strongest characthers in the seriesthe only who could beat Yoda would have been Starkiller if he achieved his full potential "
I could name a few people that could defeat Yoda.
#14 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Acer said:
" @Matezoide said:
" Yoda for sure,he and Windu were the strongest characthers in the seriesthe only who could beat Yoda would have been Starkiller if he achieved his full potential "
I could name a few people that could defeat Yoda. "
#15 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Acer said:
" @Matezoide said:
Like "
  1. Sidious (Maybe not a full out win but i cann see him forcing a draw)
  2. Luke Skywalker
  3. Darth Bane
  4. Revan
  5. Though i hate him. I do have to admit at his full potential Gelen Marek probally could
  6. Same thing for Anakin
  7. Jacen Solo (Again this is more of what he could have been. Still the guy was strong)
  8. Exar Kun
Their are probally others. I really cant say if they would win without going down themselves...But each one would prove a challenge for Yoda.

Also which version of Yoda are people using here? To me if were using a younger Yoda from the prequel trillogoy then yes he would win...But if its Yoda from the original trilogoy...I still see Vader pulling out the win.

#16 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Acer said:
" @Matezoide said:
Like "
Darth Nihilus.  Or something like that.
#17 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say no lol

#18 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I'm gonna say no lol "
Is this no to me? and to all of my choices? lmao
#19 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @High Revolutionary said:
" @Gambler said:
"

"
Let me re-phrase that then. As Anykan he was set to become the strongest Sith/Jedi ever. As Vader he reached the ceiling and it was only a fraction of what he could have been. Better ;) "
I don't want to sound like some stinks here who like to argue for the sake of arguing, but I think there's a misconception here that I can clear up:

Anakin was never set to become the strongest Sith/Jedi ever.  He was set to be the one who "brings balance to the force". 

The way he brought balance to the force was by giving rise to his son, Luke.

Vader was the reason why the Sith fell, and the reason why Luke ended up the way he did in the story.

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Gambler said:
" @Gambler said:
"

"
Let me re-phrase that then. As Anykan he was set to become the strongest Sith/Jedi ever. As Vader he reached the ceiling and it was only a fraction of what he could have been. Better ;) "
I don't want to sound like some stinks here who like to argue for the sake of arguing, but I think there's a misconception here that I can clear up:Anakin was never set to become the strongest Sith/Jedi ever.  He was set to be the one who "brings balance to the force".  The way he brought balance to the force was by giving rise to his son, Luke. Vader was the reason why the Sith fell, and the reason why Luke ended up the way he did in the story. "
Anakin possessed the greatest number of midichlorians ever recorded. So, yes, he was the choosen one & the one with the potential to be the most powerful Jedi ever. You say that Anakin fulfilled the prophechy of the "Choosen One" by giving birth to his son, Luke. Then the choosen one would be Luke, not Anakin. You don't praise Philip the Second for what Alexander the Great did, right? Also, yes, he was the reason the Sith fell, but he was also the reason for their rise. Actually, he was the reason for both the rise of the Sith, the fall of the Jedi, and  again (partially) for the fall of the Sith, and the return of the Jedi. And something more - Anakin never got stronger with the Force within him through the years - just more experienced. To his own words:  (referring to himself) " you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory…"

As for the matter of this battle - I, too, side with Yoda.  But don't underestimate Anakin. To Mace Windu's (I think it was him)  words:

" Anakin is arguably the strongest living Jedi, and he constantly grows stronger".

An exaggeration? Possibly. But it says something, anyway.
#21 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" Anakin possessed the greatest number of midichlorians ever recorded. So, yes, he was the choosen one & the one with the potential to be the most powerful Jedi ever. You say that Anakin fulfilled the prophechy of the "Choosen One" by giving birth to his son, Luke. Then the choosen one would be Luke, not Anakin. You don't praise Philip the Second for what Alexander the Great did, right? Also, yes, he was the reason the Sith fell, but he was also the reason for their rise. Actually, he was the reason for both the rise of the Sith, the fall of the Jedi, and  again (partially) for the fall of the Sith, and the return of the Jedi. And something more - Anakin never got stronger with the Force within him through the years - just more experienced. To his own words:  (referring to himself) " you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory…"
"
Your argument is flimsy.

Just because Anakin had the highest recorded midi-chlorian count ever recorded for his time, doesn't mean he is destined to be the chosen one.  It gives good reason to believe it, but it doesn't necessarily make it so.

You cannot say that Vader was the reason for the Sith's rise.  You can argue Palpatine was, but you'll have a tough time convincing me that Vader had anything more than a minor part, compared to the likes of Dooku, Grevious and Sidious/Palpatine.

#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Anakin possessed the greatest number of midichlorians ever recorded. So, yes, he was the choosen one & the one with the potential to be the most powerful Jedi ever. You say that Anakin fulfilled the prophechy of the "Choosen One" by giving birth to his son, Luke. Then the choosen one would be Luke, not Anakin. You don't praise Philip the Second for what Alexander the Great did, right? Also, yes, he was the reason the Sith fell, but he was also the reason for their rise. Actually, he was the reason for both the rise of the Sith, the fall of the Jedi, and  again (partially) for the fall of the Sith, and the return of the Jedi. And something more - Anakin never got stronger with the Force within him through the years - just more experienced. To his own words:  (referring to himself) " you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory…"
"
Your argument is flimsy.Just because Anakin had the highest recorded midi-chlorian count ever recorded for his time, doesn't mean he is destined to be the chosen one.  It gives good reason to believe it, but it doesn't necessarily make it so.You cannot say that Vader was the reason for the Sith's rise.  You can argue Palpatine was, but you'll have a tough time convincing me that Vader had anything more than a minor part, compared to the likes of Dooku, Grevious and Sidious/Palpatine. "
I never argued that the Emperor was the one who planned the fall of the Jedi - but if the people you mentioned were so important to his plans, he wouldn't have just used them like pawns. In the end, the one who wanted by his side at the most crucial time was Anakin. And I can't understand what you mean by calling the argument "flimsy". I actually gave my reasons. You just made a statement. Back your argument sufficiently, and I am willing to reconsider.
#23 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda most likely for Anakin is clouded and misguided by the darkside

#24 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"
Your argument is flimsy.Just because Anakin had the highest recorded midi-chlorian count ever recorded for his time, doesn't mean he is destined to be the chosen one.  It gives good reason to believe it, but it doesn't necessarily make it so.You cannot say that Vader was the reason for the Sith's rise.  You can argue Palpatine was, but you'll have a tough time convincing me that Vader had anything more than a minor part, compared to the likes of Dooku, Grevious and Sidious/Palpatine. "
I never argued that the Emperor was the one who planned the fall of the Jedi - but if the people you mentioned were so important to his plans, he wouldn't have just used them like pawns. In the end, the one who wanted by his side at the most crucial time was Anakin. And I can't understand what you mean by calling the argument "flimsy". I actually gave my reasons. You just made a statement. Back your argument sufficiently, and I am willing to reconsider. "
The clone army was essential in to the Sith overthrowing the Jedi.  Sidious and Tyrannus were monumental in getting the clone army set up, while Palpatine manipulated senate from the inside.  All Anakin really did was help Palps get Windu killed (while under the influence of Sidious), and then went on to show up some younglings.  He was only a major part of the Empire, after the ball had already started rolling.  At this point Vader had become half machine. The Emperor had no use for Dooku when he let Anakin kill him, the timing was right for him to get a new apprentice who had greater potential (as he watched Anakin own Dooku in Ep. III).

#25 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Gambler said:
"

"
I don't want to sound like some stinks here who like to argue for the sake of arguing, but I think there's a misconception here that I can clear up:Anakin was never set to become the strongest Sith/Jedi ever.  He was set to be the one who "brings balance to the force".  The way he brought balance to the force was by giving rise to his son, Luke. Vader was the reason why the Sith fell, and the reason why Luke ended up the way he did in the story. "
Anakin possessed the greatest number of midichlorians ever recorded. So, yes, he was the choosen one & the one with the potential to be the most powerful Jedi ever. You say that Anakin fulfilled the prophechy of the "Choosen One" by giving birth to his son, Luke. Then the choosen one would be Luke, not Anakin. You don't praise Philip the Second for what Alexander the Great did, right? Also, yes, he was the reason the Sith fell, but he was also the reason for their rise. Actually, he was the reason for both the rise of the Sith, the fall of the Jedi, and  again (partially) for the fall of the Sith, and the return of the Jedi. And something more - Anakin never got stronger with the Force within him through the years - just more experienced. To his own words:  (referring to himself) " you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory…"

As for the matter of this battle - I, too, side with Yoda.  But don't underestimate Anakin. To Mace Windu's (I think it was him)  words:

" Anakin is arguably the strongest living Jedi, and he constantly grows stronger".

An exaggeration? Possibly. But it says something, anyway.
"
Nice post
#26 Posted by Omg chris (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

i go for the power of the darkside

#27 Posted by ComicStooge (13917 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda stomps...

#28 Edited by NightFang (10259 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader wins, Yoda couldn't stop the Emperor.

#29 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dormammu:
yoda in a matter of seconds
#30 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dreadnaught:
yoda would DESTROY nihilus the only star wars character who stands even a REMOTE CHANCE against yoda is Darth Bane
#31 Posted by victorymaker (348 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Vader, and I think the Sith are superior to Jedi, I have to give it to Yoda. He has hundreds of years more experience, plus, even in his old age, he is extremely fast. Vader is not as fast as Yoda, but is he more powerful than him, but his strength won't mean a damn thing, if Yoda can use his speed and get in multiple lightsaber slashes on him before Vader can block them.
#32 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm i guess yoda

#33 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio

Anakin as vader is nothing (if you compare him to the "greats"). Yoda stomps his ass badly.
#34 Posted by gobstakid777 (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth vader
#35 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda hands down

#36 Posted by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

While I believe Yoda before old age really got to him would win (meaning pre-Luke Skywalker Yoda) it would not be an easy battle at all. I think some are basing on what had been shown in the movies and that's not really fair because Vader would have been doing crazy stunts like he had been in Ep 3 if the technology were there. Yes, Vader is a shell of what he could have been had he not been turned half machine. This made him slower, rely on a life-support machine, not able to do force lightning, etc. 

However, I would think Vader could pull out a victory against a fit Yoda, after all Yoda was unable to take out Emperor Palpatine.

#37 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda

#38 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
"While I believe Yoda before old age really got to him would win (meaning pre-Luke Skywalker Yoda) it would not be an easy battle at all. I think some are basing on what had been shown in the movies and that's not really fair because Vader would have been doing crazy stunts like he had been in Ep 3 if the technology were there. Yes, Vader is a shell of what he could have been had he not been turned half machine. This made him slower, rely on a life-support machine, not able to do force lightning, etc.   However, I would think Vader could pull out a victory against a fit Yoda, after all Yoda was unable to take out Emperor Palpatine. "

Sidious would destroy Vader ... Why do you think Sidious is the master and Vader just his aprentice ?
#39 Posted by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
"While I believe Yoda before old age really got to him would win (meaning pre-Luke Skywalker Yoda) it would not be an easy battle at all. I think some are basing on what had been shown in the movies and that's not really fair because Vader would have been doing crazy stunts like he had been in Ep 3 if the technology were there. Yes, Vader is a shell of what he could have been had he not been turned half machine. This made him slower, rely on a life-support machine, not able to do force lightning, etc.   However, I would think Vader could pull out a victory against a fit Yoda, after all Yoda was unable to take out Emperor Palpatine. "
Sidious would destroy Vader ... Why do you think Sidious is the master and Vader just his aprentice ? "
Sidious would not destroy Vader. Win, most likely. But it isn't a stomp. Besides, in one of the Star Wars books I read it did say that Vader was waiting for the right moment to assassinate Palpatine. 

Now if it was Anakin at around that time period, everyone would be ****ed.
#40 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
Sidious would destroy Vader ... Why do you think Sidious is the master and Vader just his aprentice ? "
Sidious would not destroy Vader. Win, most likely. But it isn't a stomp. Besides, in one of the Star Wars books I read it did say that Vader was waiting for the right moment to assassinate Palpatine.   Now if it was Anakin at around that time period, everyone would be ****ed. "

His got 0 chances as Vader to win vs Sidious.
#41 Posted by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
Sidious would not destroy Vader. Win, most likely. But it isn't a stomp. Besides, in one of the Star Wars books I read it did say that Vader was waiting for the right moment to assassinate Palpatine.   Now if it was Anakin at around that time period, everyone would be ****ed. "
His got 0 chances as Vader to win vs Sidious. "
What's that have to do with his chances against Yoda?
#42 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
What's that have to do with his chances against Yoda? "

Yoda was able to stale mate Sidious so what do you think ?
#43 Edited by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:

" @CortSether said:

" @Xan said:

" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
Yoda was able to stale mate Sidious so what do you think ? "
Yoda was going to lose that battle it was pretty obvious.
#44 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
Yoda was going to lose that battle it was pretty obvious. "

Realy ? Not the way i got to see it. The first thing Sidious tried to do is run away. Then all of the fight they where preaty evenly matched and at the end Yoda was overpowering Sidious with that force lighting of his. The diference here was that Yoda was on the edge and when that thing exploded he fell. 
i realy whant to know where that obvious part comes from when Yoda was overpowering Sidious at his own game (force lighting)...
#45 Posted by Baldy (4914 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
Sidious would STOMP Vader. The only version of Vader that could possibly beat Sidious would be a full potential Vader.

As for this thread, Yoda would defeat Vader without much difficulty unless this is the Yoda from the end on ROTJ on his deathbed.

@Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
Yoda was going to lose that battle it was pretty obvious. "
Realy ? Not the way i got to see it. The first thing Sidious tried to do is run away. Then all of the fight they where preaty evenly matched and at the end Yoda was overpowering Sidious with that force lighting of his. The diference here was that Yoda was on the edge and when that thing exploded he fell. i realy whant to know where that obvious part comes from when Yoda was overpowering Sidious at his own game (force lighting)... "
Sidious is more powerful in the force than Yoda was.
#46 Posted by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:
Sidious would STOMP Vader. The only version of Vader that could possibly beat Sidious would be a full potential Vader.

Full potential Vader a la Anakin w/out machine parts and can generate force lightning would absolutely beat Palpatine, it was stated by him as such.
#47 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Baldy

Sidious is more powerful in the force than Yoda was.  

Well i don't know. When they have that force exchange Sidious using force lighting and Yoda doing that thing to deflect it Yoda was pushing him back ...   

Anyway they where preaty close.

#48 Posted by Baldy (4914 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" @Baldy said:
" @CortSether said:
" @Xan said:
" @CortSether said:

Full potential Vader a la Anakin w/out machine parts and can generate force lightning would absolutely beat Palpatine, it was stated by him as such. "
That's what I said.
#49 Posted by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy: you said possibly, i was merely changing that into absolutely

(^_^)
#50 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" @Baldy: you said possibly, i was merely changing that into absolutely  (^_^) "

His got no feats and its only a IF so Baldy was corect its just a possibility.