This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have their standard equipment.

Both are blood-lusted.

They start 100 meters apart.

Who wins and why?

#2 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight takes place here:

#3 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24869 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda destroys Vader.

He is the more adroit duelist, he has the better telekenetic power, he is faster, has a more masterful command of the Force ;etc, etc.

Yoda wins every time.

#4 Edited by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of fight is this? Yoda has better saber feats, better speed, better TK application in combat, and roughly the same level of strength.

He pretty much stomps.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (30616 posts) - - Show Bio

... what? Yoda stomps. He has Vader beat in every single category.

Come on, man.

#6 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda destroys Vader.

He is the more adroit duelist, he has the better telekenetic power, he is faster, has a more masterful command of the Force ;etc, etc.

Yoda wins every time.

What kind of fight is this? Yoda has better saber feats, better speed, better TK application in combat, and roughly the same level of strength.

He pretty much stomps.

@jedixman said:

... what? Yoda stomps. He has Vader beat in every single category.

Come on, man.

#7 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: @shootingnova: @dccomicsrule2011: Now, hold on a second, guys. Of course Yoda's faster, but I don't think it's too much for Vader to handle. It's common knowledge that Vader's fought several Jedi at once on multiple occasions and many of those Jedi were quick and agile duelists. He has no problem fighting agile foes. Also, I feel like Vader has a physical advantage because of his cybernetics. Yoda is old and tires out quickly in duels because of his heavy reliance on Force Valor. Vader, although known for having a somewhat low perseverance in fights also, seems to have more stamina and obvious overall better strength.

I genuinely feel like he also has a lightsaber dueling advantage. Despite Yoda being infamous for his acrobatic fighting style that makes him seem nearly invincible, it's that very technique that makes him vulnerable, in my opinion. Simply put, Yoda tires himself out quickly in duels because of Ataru's heavy reliance on Force Valor. All Vader would have to do is take the defensive position and wait it out. He's known for being exceptionally tanky therefore could totally pull that off.

Also, although Yoda is much wiser in the Force and knows many of it's ancient, mystical secrets, I feel like Vader's use of TK while he lightsaber duels gives him yet another advantage. I have yet to see Yoda use his Force extensively while fighting with his lightsaber. He either duels with his lightsaber or solely relies on the Force. Yes, Yoda has much grander feats (his greatest is crashing the two Separatist ships together, correct?), but those require him to be out of battle to gather his power.

Vader has several powerful Force abilities of his own. He's very adept at the use of TK to push, pull, and crush his enemies. I may be wrong thinking that they're on the scale of Yoda's, but that's simply because I haven't seen any unusually impressive Yoda feats.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: You said in the OP "bloodlusted", which also means morals off.

Ataru does not rely on Force valor, Yoda uses it to remove the crippling effects of age to enable him to utilize Ataru effectively. Yoda has never "tired out" in his duels. Force valor/Force enlightenment enhances your endurance and stamina as much as it does your strength and speed.

Vader has no feats that physically supersede anything Yoda has done. Strength might be arguably but that's hardly relevant given how much faster Yoda is. He was able to contend with Palpatine, whom Vader could not even see in combat.

#9 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova said:

@edude117: Ataru does not rely on Force valor, Yoda uses it to remove the crippling effects of age to enable him to utilize Ataru effectively. Yoda has never "tired out" in his duels. Force valor/Force enlightenment enhances your endurance and stamina as much as it does your strength and speed.

Vader has no feats that physically supersede anything Yoda has done. Strength might be arguably but that's hardly relevant given how much faster Yoda is. He was able to contend with Palpatine, whom Vader could not even see in combat.

Well, it may be a stretch to say that it relies on Force Valor or Speed, but it is characterized by Force-assisted leaps and jumps.

And Yoda did indeed fight against Palpatine. And actually gave old Sid a run for his money... It's just after reading some stuff on Vader, he seemed quite powerful and masterful. Powerful and masterful enough to stand up to Yoda.

Also, in your earlier comment, you said that Yoda has better application of the Force in combat. I suppose I haven't done enough research on Yoda, but I thought that not to be true. Vader constantly uses telekinesis while lightsaber dueling. Yoda seems to only do so in big battles, which is also where he seems to specialize. Which another reason why I think a one-on-one fight between Vader, the infamous Jedi killer, and Yoda, the famous battlefield leader, would be a good one.

Although you are absolutely right about him being quicker, I also beg to differ about their level of strength. I may very well be wrong as I obviously don't know enough about Yoda, but I'm sure Darth Vader has more physical strength than Yoda. And because of Vader's mastery over Form V, that superior strength should really benefit him.

#10 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24869 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: Ataru does not exclusivley relie of Force Valor.....Where did you get that from?

Also where was it ever stated Yoda tires quick in canon?

That's beside the point, Yoda is considerably faster then Vader;( he has contended with someone who is faster then Vader to see) his TK feats are better (he has destoyed two droid vessels that were over 100 long with TK) he is the better duelist (beat Dooku, was stated to be the best duelist the Jedi Order has ever produced, matched Palpatine etc)

Strength is more or less even.

Vader does not and can not win here.

#11 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio
@edude117 said:

Well, it may be a stretch to say that it relies on Force Valor or Speed, but it is characterized by Force-assisted leaps and jumps.

And Yoda did indeed fight against Palpatine. And actually gave old Sid a run for his money... It's just after reading some stuff on Vader, he seemed quite powerful and masterful. Powerful and masterful enough to stand up to Yoda.

Also, in your earlier comment, you said that Yoda has better application of the Force in combat. I suppose I haven't done enough research on Yoda, but I thought that not to be true. Vader constantly uses telekinesis while lightsaber dueling. Yoda seems to only do so in big battles, which is also where he seems to specialize. Which another reason why I think a one-on-one fight between Vader, the infamous Jedi killer, and Yoda, the famous battlefield leader, would be a good one.

Although you are absolutely right about him being quicker, I also beg to differ about their level of strength. I may very well be wrong as I obviously don't know enough about Yoda, but I'm sure Darth Vader has more physical strength than Yoda. And because of Vader's mastery over Form V, that superior strength should really benefit him.

By no means is any of this "he doesn't use TK in lightsaber duels" relevant. You said bloodlusted, which is morals off, and therefore Yoda has better TK feats than Vader.

Regarding speed, Yoda is much, much quicker than Vader, as was already stated. Vader will have immense difficulty keeping pace with Yoda.

For strength, Yoda has buckled Dooku with his strikes, which is about the same thing Anakin did (and no, Vader does not have better strength feats than Anakin) and carried a crate with a cannon on his back for miles. Once again, this is irrelevant given how Vader is hard-pressed to even land a connecting blow with Yoda's speed, so strength is quite irrelevant.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

why was this even made? yoda wins

#13 Posted by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: Ataru does not exclusivley relie of Force Valor.....Where did you get that from?

Also where was it ever stated Yoda tires quick in canon?

That's beside the point, Yoda is considerably faster then Vader;( he has contended with someone who is faster then Vader to see) his TK feats are better (he has destoyed two droid vessels that were over 100 long with TK) he is the better duelist (beat Dooku, was stated to be the best duelist the Jedi Order has ever produced, matched Palpatine etc)

Strength is more or less even.

Vader does not and can not win here.

I didn't say it exclusively relied on Valor. Sorry if it came off that way. I meant that Yoda relies heavily on Force Valor when dueling. None-the-less, Force Valor is necessary for a practitioner of Form IV, no?

Anyway, very well, then. I obviously underestimated Yoda. After putting him up against people like Green Lantern and watching everyone say how badly he'd lose, looking at some scans, re-watching the prequels, and reading some comics, I kinda developed this low-ball bias towards the green fella. I should probably do some more research. Thanks for the input, guys.

@god_spawn Could you lock this, please?

#14 Posted by JediXMan (30616 posts) - - Show Bio
@edude117 said:

@shootingnova said:

@edude117: Ataru does not rely on Force valor, Yoda uses it to remove the crippling effects of age to enable him to utilize Ataru effectively. Yoda has never "tired out" in his duels. Force valor/Force enlightenment enhances your endurance and stamina as much as it does your strength and speed.

Yoda does not tire quickly. I don't know where to got that from.

I fail to see how applying the Force in combat makes Vader special. Yoda is a better duelist and a better user of the Force. In either contest, he will emerge victorious. He will never have the chance to use the Force effectively against Yoda in a duel, and at range, Yoda can simply crush Vader for a distance, because his TK far outmatches Vader.

Consider how Yoda is. Yoda, at his size, is able to break the defenses of people like Dooku, and match the power in Palpatine. Yoda's strength is equal to, or greater than, that of Vader's.

Under no circumstances does Vader take victory, nor is he capable of making this a challenge for Yoda. Yoda will always win, 10/10, in every fight. Except, perhaps, a young Yoda prior to mastery, but that is undocumented.

By no means is any of this "he doesn't use TK in lightsaber duels" relevant. You said bloodlusted, which is morals off, and therefore Yoda has better TK feats than Vader.

Bloodlusted or not, it really doesn't matter. Even if Vader does mix it up in his duels, Yoda's speed and overall power will always overwhelm Vader.

#15 Edited by JediXMan (30616 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117 said:

Anyway, very well, then. I obviously underestimated Yoda. After putting him up against people like Green Lantern and watching everyone say how badly he'd lose, looking at some scans, re-watching the prequels, and reading some comics, I kinda developed this low-ball bias towards the green fella. I should probably do some more research. Thanks for the input, guys.

Yoda most certainly shouldn't be low-balled. I personally consider him to be the 3rd or 4th most powerful Jedi/Sith.

#16 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I know. I was just saying how what he said earlier was irrelevant.

Also, if Vader mixes in TK with his lightsaber combat, then so will Yoda since he would naturally respond to TK with TK, and then overwhelm Vader.

In any case, Yoda is still much better as both a duelist and in speed.

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedixman said:

Yoda must certainly shouldn't be low-balled.

Weird syntax.... LOL. Are you sure you didn't mean "most"?

@jedixman said:

I personally consider him to be the 3rd or 4th most powerful Jedi/Sith.

I agree.

#18 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@edude117 said:

Yoda must certainly shouldn't be low-balled. I personally consider him to be the 3rd or 4th most powerful Jedi/Sith.

Could you recommend any good comics or books that feature Yoda?

#19 Edited by JediXMan (30616 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova:

I did. Typo.

Keep in mind that I'm usually typing other stuff offline, so my words get mixed up sometimes.

#20 Posted by JediXMan (30616 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

I personally consider him to be the 3rd or 4th most powerful Jedi/Sith.

I agree.

For me, this is my list:

1. Luke
  2. Palpatine
  3. Caedus
  4. Yoda
  5. Plagueis

With 3 and 4 going back and forth. I want that to be the order, though.

#21 Posted by those_eyes (6707 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda merks

#22 Posted by Ostyo (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda, no contest. Old man Vader is out of his league.

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Of course. I understand.

@edude117 said:

Could you recommend some good comics or books that feature Yoda?

There's a lot. For videos, I can outright supply you with some:

(8:30-9:30)

(7:10 onward).

#24 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedixman said:

For me, this is my list:

1. Luke
  2. Palpatine
  3. Caedus
  4. Yoda
  5. Plagueis

With 3 and 4 going back and forth. I want that to be the order, though.

Agreed. Caedus's inconsistency hampers him and sometimes I might consider Yoda superior, but I don't really think so. Everything in the Legacy era is inconsistent, so.....

#25 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: For reference, it is mainly TK feats. He has a lot of blaster bolt deflection and saber swinging, but its mainly causing an avalanche, lifting a platoon of droidekas into the sky, pushing tanks and super battle droids back into landing craft, smashing two landing craft into each other (twice, and the landing craft are a hundred and something meters to hundreds of meters long).

#27 Posted by JediXMan (30616 posts) - - Show Bio

(twice, and the landing craft are a hundred and something meters to hundreds of meters long).

Not including the tanks aboard those ships.

#28 Edited by Wolfrazer (6725 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I can never gauge Caedus right...I just keep seeing posts n such about "He is inconsistant, LotF n so on were full of PIS/WIS/CIS, he is a broken char" so on so forth, his speed is all over the place. O.o I have found him to be a rather mess in research..

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Jeepeh (3871 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, this is 300 ft apart. Can't vader just force choke him before yoda gets within range?

#31 Posted by Perethorn (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

Defeated Darth Vader will be.

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeepeh said:

Wait, this is 300 ft apart. Can't vader just force choke him before yoda gets within range?

Vader has never choked anybody even remotely touching Yoda. Since this is bloodlusted, Yoda TKs Vader into oblivion. Yoda is not some fodder who just gets choked.

You can check the videos above for a brief understanding of Yoda's TK levels.

#33 Posted by JediXMan (30616 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeepeh said:

There's a reason Force users don't usually use that against other Force users, especially people more powerful than them.

Choke is not very powerful. It's simply an application of TK. It won't work on Yoda.

#34 Posted by Intrepid37 (697 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda wins within 20 seconds. I really doubt Vader would ever accomplish anything but defend himself. Flagged for mismatch.

#35 Edited by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Thread Locketh I seeth I must doeth.

Mock not my bad Yoda impersonation you must not. Hmmnm.