• 110 results
Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beta_Stage

Hey, this is my first battle on Comic Vine, so I thought I would go with something I have not seen before on here.

Yoda the Grand Master of the Jedi Order will test his mettle against these MCU tough guys.

Each round will be 1 on 1 except for the final round where, if you think he gets stomped, Sidious comes in with the assist. He is healed after every round. Yoda is in the same state of mind he was in when he fought Sidious (meaning he is determined but not blood lusted). Each of his opponents are in there normal states of mind. Movie and the Clone Wars feats only.

ROUND 1: Captain America and Winter Soldier

ROUND 2: Loki

ROUND 3: Killian

ROUND 4: Iron Man

ROUND 5: Thor

ROUND 6: Hulk

BONUS ROUND (if you think he stomps): the Avengers (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk)

The battle location will be the main hall of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. The combatants start 20ft apart from each other.

Now that all of that is out of the way, FIGHT!

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gauntlet out of order. Stops at 4.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 6, I'm not sure if lightsabers could hurt The Hulk, if lightsabers can, then he clears. None here has the reflexes to react to Yoda.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you do not mind me asking, how is the gauntlet out of order?

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta said:

If you do not mind me asking, how is the gauntlet out of order?

Thor below the Hulk. SERIOUSLY?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops at Thor

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Loki. Best Yoda can do is decapitate him. Even that is questionable and useless.

@leo-343 said:

I don't see him stopping at Thor, he hasn't fought anyone near as fast as Yoda and he's been pierced by blades before. Yoda cuts his head off.

How does a lightsaber compare to Earth's sun? Thor's durability is WAY high end. Fighting inside the Sun without issue high end.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

clears

MySuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

clears

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@bones309: This is MCU Thor not comic Thor. MCU Thor aka Movie Thor hasn't got durability anywhere near that high.

What does MCU stand for? I fought it was Marvel Comic Universe? How does MCU = movie universe?

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@bones309: Marvel cinematic universe.

Well i hope you can at least understand my confusion if that's the case. What movie Thor/Loki's durability is, I'm not sure. Has anything really hurt either of them? Loki took a serious beating in the avenger's movie without any real scars. Seriously he took a blast from that SHEILD weapon, explosion to the face, thrashing from the Hulk, etc. This was all in about a 24 hour period as far as I could tell. At the end of the movie he had a little scratch on his face at best.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thor.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsabers melt through reinforced futurist blast doors. They are a beam of plasma arnt they? Jedi also casually react to entire barrages of blaster fire so yeah Yoda should beat any of them alone. Together they should win but then again his use of the force should take some down.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think he stops at 4

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It's Movies versions (this will be the last thing any of them see)

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@bones309: Thor has been stabbed, got a bloody nose from Hulk, was beaten bloody by Kurse. Yoda cuts his head off.

Who stabbed Thor? I'm not saying it didn't happen, just don't remember it. The Hulk and Kurse are WAY beyond Yoda's strength. Even their movie versions.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Hulk. Gets the Loki treatment. Could have stopped at Thor but being inside and no prior knowledge I'll go with Yoda.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably clears.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dre_Savage

It really irks the sh*% outta me when ppl bash people for gauntlet order. I understand that they kinda need to be in order, but that's also why we have battles here. If someone feels Juggs beats Hulk, and another vice versa, then someone does a gauntlet and people start arguing why Hulk is in front or why Cain is in front, it becomes annoying. We do these to the best of our ability, and unless it's a CLEAR difference (Superman is put before Hawkeye or something bonkers), just CHILL.

...regarding the gauntlet here, doesn't Yoda have the Force?

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really irks the sh*% outta me when ppl bash people got gauntlet order. I understand that they kinda need to be in order, but that's also why we have battles here. If someone feels Juggs beats Hulk, and another vice versa, then someone does a gauntlet and people start arguing why Hulk is in front or why Cain is in front, it becomes annoying. We do these to the best of our ability, and unless it's a CLEAR difference (Superman is put before Hawkeye or something bonkers), just CHILL.

...regarding the gauntlet here, doesn't Yoda have the Force?

agreed. and yes people seem to be overlooking yodas force aspect. it wouldn't matter what the order here is

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Iron-Man

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thor.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@bones309: Loki stabbed Thor in The Avengers. Also it doesn't matter at all that Kurse and Hulk are beyond Yoda in strength, they can only dish out blunt force damage which cannot be compared to the superior slicing damage Yoda possesses.

As has been seen, Thor got stabbed with a small dagger meaning his piercing resistance isn't on the level of his blunt damage resistance.

A lightsabre is piercing damage. Yoda slices his head off.

When did Loki stab Thor in the Avengers? I remember him using an illusion in Thor 2 to make it seem like he stabbed Thor but that's about it.

How is Yoda's slicing power superior? I've seen lightsabers bounce off banisters.

The_Replicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yoda should clear.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx3IKg4vdrY

Thor eats an entire box of poptarts, then breaks a coffee mug. He can't lose here.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@bones309: He stabbed him when they were fighting on Stark tower.

How is Yoda's slicing power not superior? Lol he has a slicing weapon and Kurse and Hulk have fists... Kind of a no brainer.

I see, we don't really see how much he cuts him but he clearly hurts him but Thor lifts Loki over his head seconds latter without issue nor blood.

I asked how was his slicing superior to their power, again I've seen lightsabers bounce of banisters. You used their hurting Thor as if it meant Yoda could. Really, Yoda has an energy weapon. How it will effect him is questionable.

Here's Thor advancing against the Destroyer's ENERGY attack.

No Caption Provided

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

Stops at Loki. Best Yoda can do is decapitate him. Even that is questionable and useless.

@leo-343 said:

I don't see him stopping at Thor, he hasn't fought anyone near as fast as Yoda and he's been pierced by blades before. Yoda cuts his head off.

How does a lightsaber compare to Earth's sun? Thor's durability is WAY high end. Fighting inside the Sun without issue high end.

this is Marvel Cinematic Universe... so that feat does not count

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

@leo-343 said:

this is Marvel Cinematic Universe... so that feat does not count

We've already addressed that. Sorry for my confusion….

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda blitz clears like a boss. They just can't react to him.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Thor don't need to be as fast as Yoda in order to hit him. He just have to do this and Yoda have no way of avoiding it:

No Caption Provided

Or he can just fly high into air and create giant tornado like he did, during his fight with destroyer. Or he can just throw Mjollnir at Yoda or create lightning storm... He don't even have to touch Yoda in order to win. Also your argument that lightsaber could even cut Thor is pure conjecture, nothing more. Asgardian metal and lightsaber are not this same and Thor displayed resistance to energy weapons before; against both repulsor beam and Gungnir. What make you think that lightsaber - weapon made of energy - would do any better?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Yoda stops at Thor.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Spambot

@leo-343: Lightsabers are not piercing damage. Piercing type weapons denotes something hard and sharp. Lightsabers are made out of plasma type energy which pierce due to their heat. Also, going by the movies Darth Vader's shoulder armor was hard enough to stop Luke's lightsaber in tesb without him even taking significant damage so lightsabers don't just automatically cut through anything.

WhySoBiased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda gets to Hulk with breeze

But after that it gets messy if there is no Battle Field Removal included that I don't see how yoda can get that close to hulk

If its cinematic yoda then theres no way because in the movies we see him focusing his power on the force most of the time. I don't think yoda has enough still in him to take on the hulk. Lets be honest he was so tired after facing Lord Palpatine that he ran away and was missing forever. Hulk is op now so I see yoda not making it past him. But if somehow he does then the avengers is gonna kill him.

Vonstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

Movie Yoda stops at Thor.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano said:

Stops at 6, I'm not sure if lightsabers could hurt The Hulk, if lightsabers can, then he clears. None here has the reflexes to react to Yoda.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@picard: That's all assuming Thor has the reaction time to prevent Yoda, who is sub relativistic, from cutting him first.

Those energy attacks he resisted were beams or blasts not a concentrated piercing weapon like a lightsabre. My argument is pure conjecture? yet you bring up 'Asgardian metal' as if it's properties is anything but speculation.

Thor got cut by something that can't be assumed more effective than a lightsabre. The fact is he got pierced and a lightsabre is the ultimate piercing weapon.

Thor doesn't need to be as fast as Yoda in order to hit him? No but his AOE attacks aren't going to happen when an opponent much much faster than he is comes swinging a piercing weapon at his head.

If the energy attacks Thor resisted had been focused and piercing then you'd have an argument for him resisting a lightsabre. But you don't.

Yes, he have. I've rewatched fight between him and Hulk in "Avengers", when Hulk thrown jet's wing at him and Thor easily dogged it. Sorry, but Yoda wasn't faster than this wing. And yes, it's pure conjecture on your part to assume that: 1. asgardian dagger can't be more effective than a lightsabre - that's assumption and argument from ignorance. 2. that lightsabre can hurt Thor when he resisted energy attacks before; again it's assumption that energy piercing weapon would work on Thor any better than let's say Gungnir: energy from this spear was also focused on small area. 3. that melee weapons made of metal are are comparable with melee weapons made of energy - different characters have different resistance to different things; only because Thor was stabed by metal weapon, that doesn't mean that he can be stabbed by weapon made from energy. So, yes you are making conjectures here, nothing more.

But I have to admit that after rewatching fight between Yoda and Emperor I would say that, Yoda could theoretically, jump out of the way. That's big maybe... but it's possible. Still it won't protect him from tornado or Mjolnir throw...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Thor can fly, Yoda shouldn't be able to touch him at all. Thor also took iron mans repulsors to the face with no harm. They probably aren't as strong as lightsabers but it shows he has some durability against heat/energy attacks.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 or 5 IMO.