Yoda/Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Kotor team

• 142 results
DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know what You said, and Im not buying it. Why do you keep asking me for feats of characters that you claim Revan is greater than? Thats not how it works. I didnt make any of these claims you did, and now the burden of proof lies on you. You believe Revan (Reborn) is greater than Yoda and RoTS Sidious? Prove it. Show me, Ill listen to your arguments, my view can be changed but to just outright make a claim like that then ask me for feats because I disagreed with you is odd, when I never made such a claim.

I know Revan is uber-powerful and probably in the same tier as Yoda arguably. But to say he beats him for a majority, let alone Sidious...is something you claimed, therefore the burden of proof lies with you, not me. Or anyone else who disagrees with you.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Yoda's only feats are being on-par with RotS Sidious for 1 minute? How can that even begin to compare with Revan's force feats?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 juiceboks  Moderator

@rexorr: I outright said their standalone feats are on par with each other, now I know you're choosing not to listen.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Yoda has also stomped Ventress with the Force, Manipulated and destroyed two 100 meter vessels, absorbed and redirected Dooku's Lightning back at him, used Force Light, used Battle Meditation on an entire army,etc, etc.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter I never said he beats Yoda for a majority. I said he has a chance to beat him, one that is close to 7/10, because of his force powers.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rexorr said:

So Yoda's only feats are being on-par with RotS Sidious for 1 minute? How can that even begin to compare with Revan's force feats?

Loading Video...

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 Revan could also easily stomp Ventress... I dont get your point.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan is stronger than Sidious now? Jesus, the Revan wank is stronger than ever....

Sidious was already the strongest Sith by the time of RotS, not being in his "prime" doesn't mean anything.

Revan is below Yoda, who at his best, was barely even with Sidious.

@rexorr said:

@abeloth Ha, prove me wrong then. Oh wait, Yoda doesnt have better force feats than Revan, so you can't.

Yoda catching/absorbing Sidious's lightning > Revan catching/absorbing Nyriss's lightning

Yoda being able to lift all six Muntuur stones > Revan calling down small asteroids

Yoda manipulating and crashing two CIS dropships > Revan blowing back Satele Shan and others while amped on Yavin IV

So yes, Yoda does have better Force feats than Revan.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: Yes you did..post #31

Here Ill copy and paste it. You claimed:

Yoda vs Revan-

Sabers- Yoda 6-7/10

Force- Revan 8/10

All out- Revan 7/10

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals on, Team 2. Morals off, Team 1. But really there is too many scenarios for this to be conclusive.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And no, Revan isn't beating Maul, Ventress, and Obi-Wan at the same time for an "easy 7/10, arguably an 8." He doesn't beat any of them with that type of majority unless it's purely a Force fight, and the only one he might beat for 7/10 would be Obi-Wan.

In a regular fight, he's not beating three people more skilled than him and arguably as fast or faster for any easy majority.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Erkan12
@rexorr said:

@erkan12 Revan could also easily stomp Ventress... I dont get your point.

Do you believe Revan could take Ventress's blades like she was a youngling ? Or could he chat with another guy while stopping her blades ? Because I highly doubt that.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Revan is stronger than Sidious now? Jesus, the Revan wank is stronger than ever....

Sidious was already the strongest Sith by the time of RotS, not being in his "prime" doesn't mean anything.

@rexorr said:

@abeloth Ha, prove me wrong then. Oh wait, Yoda doesnt have better force feats than Revan, so you can't.

Yoda catching/absorbing Sidious's lightning > Revan catching/absorbing Nyriss's lightning

Yoda being able to lift all six Muntuur stones > Revan calling down small asteroids

Yoda manipulating and crashing two CIS dropships > Revan blowing back Satele Shan and others while amped on Yavin IV

1. Who was renown for her powerful lighting. He shot it back at her, basically disintegrating her.

2. Small asteroids? He called down over 30 meteors to bombard the whole place.

3. Easily defeating 6 worthy opponents with a blast of force.

Tell me again how those are small feats? And Revan has lots more.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Thats a good feat, I dont remember that episode. Nice.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr said:

@thevivas said:

@rexorr said:

1. Who was renown for her powerful lighting. He shot it back at her, basically disintegrating her.

2. Small asteroids? He called down over 30 meteors to bombard the whole place.

3. Easily defeating 6 worthy opponents with a blast of force.

Tell me again how those are small feats? And Revan has lots more.

1. It was on a dark side nexus. She was amped. And Sidious's lightning > hers

2. They weren't overly large asteroids. Yoda lifted six stones weighing over several tons, all at the same time. Revan didn't call all them down simultaneously.

3. Worthy? Not even all of them were Force users, he was amped, he charged up, and they got right back up after he sent them flying. I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like he "defeated them," does it?

When did I say they were small feats? You asked for Yoda's feats that were better than Revan's, and I gave you them. That doesn't make them small feats. And I know he has a lot more. Which is also why I know he doesn't have any that are better than Yoda's Force feats.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: "Who was renowed for their lightning" means little.

Sidious toyed with Maul with his lightning making sure not to kill him but to get his point across by torturing Maul well before RoTS, showing supreme skill with lightning. Which Yoda absorbed during RoTS and redirected at him, also Yoda absorbed and redirected Dooku's lightning another "known lightning user" during AoTC who employed lightning against Kenobi and Anakin. Whats your point? Lol the point is right now Yoda's lightning soak is greater than Revans judging by two people he was able to absorb from.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas

1. Exactly. She was amped, he had just come back from months, was it of containment, he had no energy, was on a Dark Side nexus, and he was a Light Side user... And even THEN, he could take lightning from a Sith Lord who was renowned for it and shot it back at her, with ease, might I add.

2. Revan has many more TK feats- effortlessly lifting a many ton heavy boulder to place it in from of a opening, easily blasting open super-thick durasteel blast doors.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr said:

@thevivas

1. Exactly. She was amped, he had just come back from months, was it of containment, he had no energy, was on a Dark Side nexus, and he was a Light Side user... And even THEN, he could take lightning from a Sith Lord who was renowned for it and shot it back at her, with ease, might I add.

2. Revan has many more TK feats- effortlessly lifting a many ton heavy boulder to place it in from of a opening, easily blasting open super-thick durasteel blast doors.

1. Amped or not, her lightning is still way below Sidious's lightning. And you forgot that Revan couldn't redirect Vitiate's lightning, who's is also weaker than Sidious's.

2. Neither of those are close to Yoda's showings, dude.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas 1. Vitiate's lightning was almost as powerful as Sidious', if not on par. Might I remind you again that Revan had just come out of years of imprisonment, and was extremely weak.

2. Another force feat, not TK, but Revan launches a blast of pure force that launches back Vitiate himself, and i think we all know Vitiate > Yoda.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr said:

@thevivas 1. Vitiate's lightning was almost as powerful as Sidious', if not on par. Might I remind you again that Revan had just come out of years of imprisonment, and was extremely weak.

2. Another force feat, not TK, but Revan launches a blast of pure force that launches back Vitiate himself, and i think we all know Vitiate > Yoda.

1. It's not on par. It's probably the closest, but there's still a gap. And he had already gained enough strength by that time.

2. I know about that feat, and no, Vitiate is not better than Yoda in anything besides probably TP. And Revan charged up for that as well, not to mention drew on both sides of the Force, tapping into the dark side and light side evenly, in what Wookipedia calls "a moment of oneness."

Not better than Yoda's feats.

jedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yoda solos

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals on, Team 2. Morals off, Team 1. But really there is too many scenarios for this to be conclusive.

Pretty much this.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@rexorr said:

1. It's not on par. It's probably the closest, but there's still a gap. And he had already gained enough strength by that time.

2. I know about that feat, and no, Vitiate is not better than Yoda in anything besides probably TP. And Revan charged up for that as well, not to mention drew on both sides of the Force, tapping into the dark side and light side evenly, in what Wookipedia calls "a moment of oneness."

2. Exactly. Revan is powerful enough to do that, and has a chance of almost one-shoting Yoda, if he were to do it again.

And yes, Vitiate >>> Yoda in the force.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr said:

@thevivas said:

@rexorr said:

2. Exactly. Revan is powerful enough to do that, and has a chance of almost one-shoting Yoda, if he were to do it again.

And yes, Vitiate >>> Yoda in the force.

All he did was blow Vitaite back a few feet. He's not one-shoting at all.

An no, Vitaite is below Yoda because he relies largely on preparation and rituals.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas Vitiate is very much above Yoda in the force, at least a tier or two. When Malak and Revan came into his throne room as Jedi, they were unprepared and were immediately possessed with Vitiate's will. 2 powerful Jedi, possessed in mere seconds. Turned against what they believed in. And that it only a nano-fraction of Vitiate's real power.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr said:

@thevivas Vitiate is very much above Yoda in the force, at least a tier or two. When Malak and Revan came into his throne room as Jedi, they were unprepared and were immediately possessed with Vitiate's will. 2 powerful Jedi, possessed in mere seconds. Turned against what they believed in. And that it only a nano-fraction of Vitiate's real power.

I know all about that, yet that doesn't put him above Yoda.

Yoda being considered an equal to Sidious, the strongest Sith in history, already makes him > VItiate.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas Again, considered equal. He wasn't. Vitiate is easily >>> Yoda in force, while Yoda is > Vitiate in sabers, since we have never seen him use one, and he probably doesnt even. But Vitiate could take out Yoda with the force alone. Revan is a hardened battle veteran, and has even experienced Vitiate's powers. I pretty sure he can take out a Jedi such as Yoda, not at a majority, but he is at the very least on par with him.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: No. Vitiate is not above Yoda in terms of Force power. Vitiate was never considered an equal to Sidious, but he's somehow stronger than Yoda in terms of the Force? Nope.

And how does that help Revan beat someone who has every single edge over him when it comes to a fight?

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas How is Yoda above Vitiate in terms of force power? You aren't even making any sense now.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: Cause he has better feats and accolades.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Revan is approachable to Yoda in Force power but nothing else.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova Would you agree that Vitiate > Yoda in the Force? Seems obvious to me...

And Revan does a 7/10 vs Yoda in the force, but overall, Yoda probably takes a 6/10.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 :)

Devoted_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:

Team 1. Yoda would stomp any of them 1 vs 1 and could handle them as a group via superior speed. Obi wan can at least handle Scourge and Meetra, Scourge would get stomped by either in a duel- and Revan cant handle Yoda either

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Penderor
@rexorr said:

@shootingnova Would you agree that Vitiate > Yoda in the Force? Seems obvious to me...

And Revan does a 7/10 vs Yoda in the force, but overall, Yoda probably takes a 6/10.

Tell me you are kidding. Revan is equal at best to Yoda in the Force, most likely a worse.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: No, I don't agree with either.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not saying Yoda and Kenobi win, but Yoda>Vitiate not by much though

Yoda>Revan in all catagories, force is very close but still Yoda.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Rexorr

How? How is Yoda in any way more powerful than Revan in the FORCE? And Vitiate ­­­­>>> Yoda in the force... There are no force feats that make Yoda higher than Vitiate. Vitiate could probably take out Yoda before he even enters, via mind domination.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr:

How is Yoda in any way more powerful than Revan in the FORCE?

Because he has better feats and accolades.

There are no force feats that make Yoda higher than Vitiate.

Do you even know any of Yoda's feats?

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: It's been explained in this thread already, Yoda has the feats. I never said Yoda would stomp Vitiate or Revan but he takes a very slight majority over them individually based on feats of Yoda. Vitiate and Revan are both very adept force users and are certainly approachable in the force to Yoda. But you haven't provided much evidence for a solid argument that would suggest I should change my stance that Yoda takes a slim majority over them individually.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Thats a good feat, I dont remember that episode. Nice.

Yep.

Yoda > Revan in the force as well.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Rexorr

@darthmanhunter I'll give you feats, but I need some Yoda force feats too.

1. Ragdolling a Sith Lord at the age of 10:

By the age of ten, Tenebrae was feared across Mediraas as the entire northern continent fell under his sway. Sith Lord Dramath, planetary governor of Mediraas, set out to bring the boy in line. Tenebrae broke Lord Dramath's mind, but not before revealing that he was actually his son.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Lord Dramath intended to judge the child’s power to determine if he was worthy of serving the Sith Lord, or if he should simply be executed. But Tenebrae had no intention of serving—or of dying. When they met face-to-face, Tenebrae proved the stronger. Only ten years old, he stripped his father of his power and his mind.

From (Darth Nyriss, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

2. Not only creating one force storm, but creating enough to cover a whole planet:

It was rumored that the perpetual storms of Dromund Kaas were the result of the Emperor performing one of these rituals.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

Power hungry, the Emperor spent great energy discovering and perfecting esoteric rites of darkness – rituals that wrecked the atmosphere of Dromund Kaas, transforming the ionosphere into a swirling electric storm.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Holonet)

Storms were common here on Dromund Kaas; dark clouds perpetually blocked out the sun, rendering terms like day and night meaningless.

Taken from (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

The powerful electrical storms were a physical manifestation of the dark side power that engulfed the entire planet—a power that had brought the Sith back here a millennium before, when their very survival had been in doubt.

MEETRA FOUGHT TO KEEP the Ebon Hawk steady on its descent through the fierce storms raging in the skies above Kaas City spaceport.

She knew the storm-ravaged world had to be the world Canderous had spoken of; the one Revan had seen in his dreams. The dark side was powerful here.

3. Has gotten farther in the dark side than any before or after him:

The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld.

The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Mediraas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see. When the ritual ended, Lord Vitiate emerged as the only survivor. The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power and would prolong his life for centuries. The lifeless planet of Mediraas became a void in the Force and was erased from history. From that moment forward, the world would forever be known as Nathema, birthplace of the one and only Sith Emperor.

And the Sith Lords were driven by fear. Many thought the Jedi would soon wipe them all out. They were desperate for anything they could use as a weapon against the servants of the light side. Lord Vitiate played upon these fears, convincing those who answered his call to set aside their suspicions of him and of one another to join in a single glorious cause.

Once they arrived on Nathema, they quickly fell under Lord Vitiate's control. He dominated their minds, crushed their resistance. He turned them into slaves to his will, forcing them to participate in the most complex ritual of Sith sorcery ever attempted. Calling on the dark side, Lord Vitiate devoured them. He fed on their power, absorbing it into himself, utterly obliterating all traces of his victims.

But the ritual was not confined to the doomed Sith Lords. They were but the eye of the storm; the center of a vortex that spread across the entire planet. Every man, woman, and child on Nathema died that day. Every beast, bird, and fish; all the insects and plants; every living being touched by the Force was consumed. When the ritual ended, Nathema was no longer a world. It was a husk sucked dry. Lord Vitiate sacrificed millions, stealing their life force to make himself immortal. Their deaths also made him stronger than any Sith who had come before, and he ceased to be known as Lord Vitiate. On that day, the Emperor was truly born.

“But the ritual was not confined to the doomed Sith Lords. They were but the eye of the storm; the center of a vortex that spread across the entire planet. Every man, woman, and child on Nathema died that day. Every beast, bird, and fish; all the insects and plants; every living being touched by the Force was consumed. When the ritual ended, Nathema was no longer a world. It was a husk sucked dry. Lord Vitiate sacrificed millions, stealing their life force to make himself immortal. Their deaths also made him stronger than any Sith who had come before, and he ceased to be known as Lord Vitiate. On that day, the Emperor was truly born.”

To summarize, he invites over 8000 sith, was it, to his homeworld to perform a ritual. When they get there, he completely dominates their minds, 8000 Sith in total, and performs a 10 day ritual. The ritual completely destroyed everything on the planet, and even ripped The Force ITSELF out of it.

4. Stomps a strike team of the most powerful Jedi Masters with a strike of force lighting:

With Grand Master Satele Shan's support, Master Braga assembles a strike team of the strongest and most resolute Jedi in the order. Their goal is to pinpoint the Emperor's hidden fortress, capture the Sith leader alive, and turn him to the light side. The Jedi do not realize that they have underestimated the true extent of the Emperor's power. It is an error that will cost them dearly.

The plan to invade the Emperor's fortress succeeds beyond Master Braga's greatest ambitions. However, the Jedi find more than they bargained for when they finally confront the Sith leader in his lair. The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side. Armed with incalculable powers of corruption, the Emperor easily defeats the Knight, Master Braga, and their fellow Jedi, twisting them all to the dark side.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopeda)

5. His range of power is almost infinite. Literally:

Emperor Vitiate taunts Exal Kressh from lightyears distance with his telepathic abilities:

No Caption Provided

And many, many more feats you can find here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/emperor-vitiate-respect-thread-1556713/

Emperor Vitiate's respect thread. All credit to @s_w_legend.

Show me Yoda has done anything on planetary level or just on this level and I'll believe you.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TheVivas

@rexorr: None of that really proves anything. Like I said earlier his best feats are with preparation, rituals, and nexus's. Take those three away, he doesn't have anything planetary level. And even with all of that, he's not on Sidious's level. Yoda, on the other hand, has been compared to him and called his equal.

When the most powerful Jedi battled against the most powerful Sith, the two sides of the Force clashed in spectacular style.

The devastating fury of the Sith Lord was matched by Yoda's knowledge of the Force, making the two equally fierce. Using great focus, Yoda was able to absorb Sidious' brutal Force Lighting and deflect it back again.--

Source: Star Wars: Jedi Battles

Yoda's knowledge of the Force makes him just as powerful as Darth Sidious. He can absorb Sidious's Force Lighting-and deflect it back! Concentration, focus, and deep connection with the Force are all Yoda needs in a fight.

Source: Mysteries of the Jedi

The dark and light sides of the Force clash when Sidious battles with passion and fury, only to be matched at every blow by Yoda's calm, measured skill.

Source: Beware the Sith

Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chamber, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two engaged in a spectacular duel—a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force’s light and dark sides.

Source: The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Matches Sidious, Vitiate's superior, in a Force fight:

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-4251238/

Full fight between the two:

Yoda rose.

A gesture opened the grating of the vent shaft where he had waited in meditation, revealing the vast conic well that was the Grand Convocation Chamber of the Galactic Senate. It was sometimes called the Senate Arena. Today, this nickname would be particularly apt.

Yoda stretched blood back into his green flesh. This was his time. Nine hundred years of study and training, of teaching and of meditation, all now focused, and refined, and resolved into this single moment; the sole purpose of his vast span of existence had been to prepare him to enter the heart of night and bring his light against the darkness. He adjusted the angle of his blade against his belt. He draped his robe across his shoulders. With reverence, with gratitude, without fear, and without anger, Yoda went forth to war.

A silvery flash outside caught Darth Vader's eye, as though an elegantly curved mirror swung through the smoke and cinders, picking up the shine of white-hot lava. From one knee, he could look right through the holoscan of his Master while he continued his report. He was no longer afraid; he was too busy pretending to be respectful.

"The Separatist leadership is no more, my Master."

"It is finished, then." The image offered a translucent mockery of a smile. "You have restored peace and justice to the galaxy, Lord Vader."

"That is my sole ambition, Master."

The image tilted its head, its smile twisting without transition to a scowl. "Lord Vader—I sense a disturbance in the Force. You may be in danger."

He glanced at the mirror flash outside; he knew that ship. In danger of being kissed to death, perhaps...

"How should I be in danger, Master?"

"I cannot say. But the danger is real; be mindful."

Be mindful, be mindful, he thought with a mental sneer. Is that the best you can do? I could get that much from Obi-Wan... "I will, my Master. Thank you." The image faded. He got to his feet, and now the sneer was on his lips and in his eyes. "You're the one who should be mindful, my 'Master.' I am a disturbance in the Force."

Outside, the sleek skiff settled to the deck. He spent a moment reassembling his Anakin Skywalker face: he let Anakin Skywalker's love flow through him, let Anakin Skywalker's glad smile come to his lips, let Anakin Skywalker's youthful energy bring a joyous bounce to his step as he trotted to the entrance over the mess of corpses and severed body parts. He'd meet her outside, and he'd keep her outside. He had a feeling she wouldn't approve of the way he had...redecorated...the control center. And after all, he thought with a mental shrug, there's no arguing taste...

The holding office of the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic comprised the nether vertex of the Senate Arena; it was little more than a circular preparations area, a green room, where guests of the Chancellor might be entertained before entering the Senate Podium—the circular pod on its immense hydraulic pillar, which contained controls that coordinated the movement of floating Senate delegation pods—and rising into the focal point of the chamber above. Above that podium, the vast holopresence of a kneeling Sith bowed before a shadow that stood below. Guards in scarlet flanked the shadow; a Chagrian toady cringed nearby.

"But the danger is real; be mindful."

"I will, my Master. Thank you."

The holopresence faded, and where its huge translucency had knelt was now revealed another presence, a physical presence, tiny and aged, clad in robes and leaning on a twist of wood. But his physical presence was an illusion; the truth of him could be seen only in the Force. In the Force, he was a fountain of light. "Pity your new disciple I do; so lately an apprentice, so soon without a Master."

"Why, Master Yoda, what a delightful surprise! Welcome!" The voice of the shadow hummed with anticipation. "Let me be the first to wish you Happy Empire Day!"

"Find it happy, you will not. Nor will the murderer you call Vader."

"Ah." The shadow stepped closer to the light. "So that is the threat I felt. Who is it, if I may ask? Who have you sent to kill him?"

"Enough it is that you know your own destroyer."

"Oh, pish, Master Yoda. It wouldn't be Kenobi, would it? Please say it's Kenobi—Lord Vader gets such a thrill from killing people who care for him..."

Behind the shadow, some meters away, Mas Amedda—the Chagrian toady who was Speaker of the Galactic Senate—heard a whisper in Palpatine's voice. Flee.

He did.

Neither light nor shadow gave his exit a glance.

"So easily slain, Obi-Wan is not."

"Neither are you, apparently; but that is about to change." The shadow took another step, and another. A lightsaber appeared, green as sunlight in a forest. "The test of that, today will be."

"Even a fraction of the dark side is more power than your Jedi arrogance can conceive; living in the light, you have never seen the depth of the darkness." The shadow spread arms that made its sleeves into black wings. "Until now."

Lightning speared from outstretched hands, and the battle was on. In the Senate Arena, lightning forked from the hands of a Sith, and bent away from the gesture of a Jedi to shock Redrobes into unconsciousness. Then there were only the two of them.

Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh. A thousand years of hidden Sith exulted in their victory.

"Your time is over! The Sith rule the galaxy! Now and forever!"

And it was the whole of the Jedi Order that rocketed from its huddle, making of its own body a weapon to blast the Sith to the ground.

"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was, I must say." There appeared a blade the color of life.

From the shadow of a black wing, a small weapon—a holdout, an easily concealed backup, a tiny bit of treachery expressing the core of Sith mastery—slid into a withered hand and spat a flame-colored blade of its own.

When those blades met, it was more than Yoda against Palpatine, more the millennia of Sith against the legions of Jedi; this was the expression of the fundamental conflict of the universe itself.

Light against dark.

Winner takes all.

There came a turning point in the clash of the light against the dark. It did not come from a flash of lightning or slash of energy blade, though there were these in plenty; it did not come from a flying kick or a surgically precise punch, though these were traded, too.

It came as the battle shifted from the holding office to the great Chancellor's Podium; it came as the hydraulic lift beneath the Podium raised it on its tower of durasteel a hundred meters and more, so that it became a laserpoint of battle flaring at the focus of the vast emptiness of the Senate Arena; it came as the Force and the podium's controls ripped delegation pods free of the curving walls and made of them hammers, battering rams, catapult stones crashing and crushing against each other in a rolling thunder-roar that echoed the Senate's cheers for the galaxy's new Emperor.

It came when the avatar of light resolved into the lineage of the Jedi; when the lineage of the Jedi refined into one single Jedi. It came when Yoda found himself alone against the dark.

In that lightning-speared tornado of feet and fists and blades and bashing machines, his vision finally pierced the darkness that had clouded the Force. Finally, he saw the truth.

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...

just—

didn't—

have it.

He'd never had it. He had lost before he started. He had lost before he was born. The Sith had changed. The Sith had grown, had adapted, had invested a thousand years' intensive study into every aspect of not only the Force but Jedi lore itself, in preparation for exactly this day. The Sith had remade themselves. They had become new.

While the Jedi—

The Jedi had spent that same millennium training to refight the last war. The new Sith could not be destroyed with a lightsaber; they could not be burned away by any torch of the Force. The brighter his light, the darker their shadow. How could one win a war against the dark, when war itself had become the dark's own weapon?

He knew, at that instant, that this insight held the hope of the galaxy. But if he fell here, that hope would die with him. Hmmm, Yoda thought.A problem this is...

The end came with astonishing suddenness. The shadow could feel how much it cost the little green freak to bend back his lightnings into the cage of energy that enclosed them both; the creature had reached the limits of his strength. The shadow released its power for an instant, long enough only to whirl away through the air and alight upon one of the delegation pods as it flew past, and the creature leapt to follow—

Half a second too slow.

The shadow unleashed its lightning while the creature was still in the air, and the little green freak took its full power. The shock blasted him backward to crash against the podium, and he fell.

He fell a long way.

The base of the Arena was a hundred meters below, littered with twisted scraps and jags of metal from the pods destroyed in the battle, and as the little green freak fell, finally, above, the victorious shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail. Old he might have been, but there was nothing wrong with his eyesight; he scanned the wreckage below, and he did not see a body.

He flicked a finger, and in the Chancellor's Podium a dozen meters away, a switch tripped and sirens sounded throughout the enormous building; another surge of the Force sent his pod streaking in a downward spiral to the holding office at the base of the Podium tower. Clone troops were already swarming into it. "It was Yoda," he said as he swung out of the pod. "Another assassination attempt. Find him and kill him. If you have to, blow up the building." He didn't have time to direct the search personally. The Force hummed a warning in his bones: Lord Vader was in danger. Mortal danger.

Clones scattered. He stopped one officer. "You. Call the shuttle dock and tell them I'm on my way. Have my ship warmed and ready." The officer saluted, and Palpatine, with vigor that surprised even himself, ran.

With the help of the Force, Yoda sprinted along the service accessway below the Arena faster than a human being could run; he sliced conduits as he passed, filling the accessway behind him with coils of high-voltage cables, twisting and spitting lightning. Every few dozen meters, he paused just long enough to slash a hole in the accessway's wall; once his pursuers got past the cables, they would have to divide their forces to search each of his possible exits. But he knew they could afford to; there were thousands of them.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Force feats:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He's also sensed Anakin's pain from across the galaxy, as well as the death's of many Jedi, lifted an X-Wing easily years after his prime, utilized Battle Meditation, Force Light, Force Concealment, and Immovability, caught Senate pods thrown at him from Sidious, caused avalanches, caught multiple large chunks of debris, deflected lightning from the most powerful Sith in history, etc.

All that done without prep, a ritual, or a nexus.

It's simple logic. If Sidious > Vitiate, and Yoda = Sidious, then how can Vitiate be > Yoda if Yoda is an equal with someone stronger than him? Same goes for Revan.

All credit to: okayalright_44, Silver2467, and Wollfmyth209.

sticejiub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By sticejiub

Yoda is by far the most powerful combatant out of everyone here.

I don't know if he can take all five of them though, even with Obi Wan's help.

Also to anyone who says Revan>Yoda, or Vitiate>Yoda, that is far from the truth. Sorry, I also think Revan is a cooler character, but he loses.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of team 2 would get speed blitzed.

Team 1 wins.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: You actually quoted the RotS novel, where Palpatine flat-out overpowers Yoda.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Well, it's mostly an outlier source. Yoda is depicted by several other sources as a match for Palpatine, and lost because of positioning and weight. Then again, there's also an outlier source in the junior novel (which follows the old script of the film) where Yoda disarms Palpatine in combat.

If anything, though, Palpatine, by feats and his capacity to cloud Yoda's vision along with the rest of the Order, could be more powerful.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yeah I've seen those sources, but I couldn't find them. I also have the junior novel, but didn't have time to find it, so I just grabbed from respect threads and PMs.

And I agree. I think they are as close to being equals as they can be, with Papatine getting the slight edge in the end.