YNCG (Nick Fury) vs. Cable_Extreme (Deathstroke) (VOTING)

• 71 results
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@dondave said:

I seriously thought YNCG was going to get stomped here, but he's convinced me that Nick could take Deathstroke. YNCG gets my vote

What do you think I need to work on? The OP was specifically set to give prep for Fury but none for Slade. So to me at least, I wasn't going to be surprising if he brought up every weapon he ever used. But argumentative wise, what would you recommend me working on?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By MonsterStomp

Awesome debating guys!

I really thought Deathstroke had a stomp advantage over Fury, but that was proven wrong on multiple levels. While I do still think Deathstroke wins in a rough encounter, this is about the debaters and what evidence they push forth in their cases. Both debaters scored big for their champions but I thought @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek did a better job at portraying Nick's strong points, which led me to the actual belief that Fury stands more than a slim chance against Slade.

I'd give my vote to YNCG.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@monsterstomp: Thanks for the vote!

@dondave said:

I seriously thought YNCG was going to get stomped here, but he's convinced me that Nick could take Deathstroke. YNCG gets my vote

What do you think I need to work on? The OP was specifically set to give prep for Fury but none for Slade. So to me at least, I wasn't going to be surprising if he brought up every weapon he ever used. But argumentative wise, what would you recommend me working on?

I said in my second or third debate post that Slade was also in his headquarters and could gather any of the equipment he wanted.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@cable_extreme said:

@dondave said:

I said in my second or third debate post that Slade was also in his headquarters and could gather any of the equipment he wanted.

Slade doesn't use high technological "Gizmo" type devices, he uses prep in a sense of tactics. Fury no doubt gets the best equipment for each situation, but Deathstroke studies people's previous fights, he plans to use their weaknesses ect.. gathering equipment is not prep for Slade. But Fury needed that advantage anyway :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@cable_extreme said:

@dondave said:

Slade doesn't use high technological "Gizmo" type devices, he uses prep in a sense of tactics. Fury no doubt gets the best equipment for each situation, but Deathstroke studies people's previous fights, he plans to use their weaknesses ect.. gathering equipment is not prep for Slade. But Fury needed that advantage anyway :D

Fair enough.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@cable_extreme: @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: oh what the hell. you guys think i am going to read all that are you serious... ugg fine hold on... uh-huh.... ooohh nice... yeah that makes sense. ok now that you have realized that last part was total BS. YNHCG i like that you went for the underdog and with Nick Fury's gear he has a shot but Cable_Extreme wins. YNHCG if you had gone slightly higher in tier! you probably would have won!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: oh what the hell. you guys think i am going to read all that are you serious... ugg fine hold on... uh-huh.... ooohh nice... yeah that makes sense. ok now that you have realized that last part was total BS. YNHCG i like that you went for the underdog and with Nick Fury's gear he has a shot but Cable_Extreme wins. YNHCG if you had gone slightly higher in tier! you probably would have won!

Did you actually read it? And what part was BS?

YNCG 5-2 Cable_Extreme

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@kidman560 said:

Did you actually read it? And what part was BS?

YNCG 5-2 Cable_Extreme

that part. and yes i read it. i was just being an a$$

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By deathstroke19

Wow. Just wow. Probably one of the best debates I've seen on here with the only comparison being MonsterStomp vs. Fetts. So before my vote great job to both of you, seriously you both did a great job. Anyway as i said before yncg took the underdog and really impressed me with his first post and so did cable with his counter and then it happened again and again so i really thought that debating wise it was to close to tell. Idk how you add that into the score but my vote is: Tie. Actually in the end i think DS pulls out, due to his enhancements, so maybe my vote should go to cable by a slight margin (by slight i mean 0.0000000000001). So like i said great job guys congrats on a great argument.

Edit: I read over my post and it was a little confusing so just to be sure my vote goes to cable by the slight margin as stated above but i thought you both debated equally well so i decided by who i thought would win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Just wow. Probably one of the best debates I've seen on here with the only comparison being MonsterStomp vs. Fetts. So before my vote great job to both of you, seriously you both did a great job. Anyway as i said before yncg took the underdog and really impressed me with his first post and so did cable with his counter and then it happened again and again so i really thought that debating wise it was to close to tell. Idk how you add that into the score but my vote is: Tie. Actually in the end i think DS pulls out, due to his enhancements, so maybe my vote should go to cable by a slight margin (by slight i mean 0.0000000000001). So like i said great job guys congrats on a great argument.

Edit: I read over my post and it was a little confusing so just to be sure my vote goes to cable by the slight margin as stated above but i thought you both debated equally well so i decided by who i thought would win.

Thanks for the vote man :D

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: no problem. But as i said before it was an extremely good debate so both sides deserve a round of applause. *claps* *looks around awkwardly and sees that no one else is clapping* "ummm" "uhhhh" *backs away very slowly then turns and runs away*

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for my neighborhood comic geek.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokergeist: wait.... I thought your were banned??????? How did you survive?!? *80s horror theme plays*

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Cable_Extreme

I vote for my neighborhood comic geek.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

May I ask what I need to work on?