• Basic knowledge on opponents
  • Standard elimination rules apply

Setting

Future Downtown

YNCG starts at A, Stingerrain starts at B

#2 Posted by Stingerrain (1113 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Stingerrain (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Alrighty then.

I suppose i'll start with Jak. I believe his biggest factors in this fight are both his odd yet powerful array of guns, and his Light Eco/Dark Eco forms. I'm getting ahead of myself though, onto Jak's basic feats.

For starters, the dude managed to survive being both imprisoned and tortured via Dark Eco injection for 2 years straight. He didn't just survive it though, he absorbed all the Dark Eco and thus became Dark Jak; a vicious bloodlusted version of him with the strength to break solid steel with ease and take out groups of heavily armed soldiers.

3:07 - 4:03: Jak being tortured

4:36 - 4:52: Dark Jak rises

But even disregarding his light/dark forms, Jak isn't without his above peak human feats.

5:22 - 5:30: Dodges a race (hover)car charging him at full speed

3:50 - 4:08: Acrobatically lands safely after falling from an immense height.

6:39 - 7:01: Survives being blasted out of a two-story building and then falling from the same height without any injury.

I'll get to the rest later. Now onto Vergil

To me, Vergil's greatest strengths in this fight are his speed (easily on par with Jack's IMO, if not higher), his sword Yamato's abilities, and his "Devil Trigger." Again though, getting ahead of myself. Basic feat time.

Vergil is an outlandishly skilled swordsmen, and combined with his sword's ability to cut through space and ignore general durability, he's capable of doing things such as killing higher ranked demons in a single slash.

1:11 - 1:38

I'm assuming you're thinking, "big deal, that guy's just cannon fodder," and you're halfway correct. However, he's also capable of one-shotting towering demons who happened to be bosses in the game.

5:30 - 5:57

For a basic understanding of his speed, he was able to clash swords with his brother (Dante) so fast it was moving faster than the raindrops falling around them.

And as for skill, he's easily capable of killing hordes of demons and making it seem they're moving in slow motion.

1:01 - 1:10: Raindrop feat

4:00 - 5:35: Vergil fending off demons

I'm aware Jack can essentially perform the latter feat as well, but the fact Vergil does it without even giving it his best effort is impressive.

Your move, Mr. ComicGeek.

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive! First of all, I enjoy reading about these characters, so kudos to you for these cool videos! However, I think you'll find displeasing, I personally liked Ratchet and Clank more than Jak and Daxter (don't kill me). Anywho, let's get onto the debate at hand!

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Alrighty then.

I suppose i'll start with Jak. I believe his biggest factors in this fight are both his odd yet powerful array of guns, and his Light Eco/Dark Eco forms. I'm getting ahead of myself though, onto Jak's basic feats.

For starters, the dude managed to survive being both imprisoned and tortured via Dark Eco injection for 2 years straight. He didn't just survive it though, he absorbed all the Dark Eco and thus became Dark Jak; a vicious bloodlusted version of him with the strength to break solid steel with ease and take out groups of heavily armed soldiers.

That's cool. Unfortunately, Master Chief has been breaking solid steel and taking out groups of heavily armed soldiers since he was a kid.

At the age of 14, killing four highly trained ODST in hand-to-hand combat (pg.66-67)

photo pg067.png

Comic Book Adaptation

John is also strong enough to break through incredibly strong alloy used to enforce trainers in huge exoskeletons designed to take down entire platoons.

SPARTAN-II's, including Master Chief, effortlessly take on the soldiers to leave dents in the armor (pg.72)

photo pg072.png

Master Chief rips off the mounted machine gun on the exoskeleton with his bare hands (pg.73)

And that is John without his MJOLNIR armor.

Now, if you think those exoskeletons are not impressive, they have similar models that have wrecked through Covenant before.

Prototype action (5:00)

But even disregarding his light/dark forms, Jak isn't without his above peak human feats.

That's impressive, but, again, Master Chief is above peak human. Master Chief before augmentations was already in the Olympic level physique (as well as mental prowess). After augmentations, they were probably peak human, if not a bit more.

Dr. Hasley stating that SPARTAN-II's have 3x the normal reaction time of humans (pg.58)

photo pg058-1.png

Dr. Hasley stating that the MJOLNIR armor doubles the user's stats by a factor of 5 (pg.115)

photo pg115.png

5:22 - 5:30: Dodges a race (hover)car charging him at full speed

Hmm...well let's do some calculations shall we?

Bugatti Veyron (one of the fastest cars) Top Speed - 268 mph

.45 caliber handgun Average Speed - 661 mph

Now, Master Chief has effortlessly dodged things far faster than the two speeds shown above. He's dodged Covenant Plasma weaponry, Forerunner weaponry, and more.

Master Chief sidestepping a point-blank gunshot without MJOLNIR (pg.73)

With a little help from Cortana, deflects and dodges a missile barehanded (pg.263-264)

3:50 - 4:08: Acrobatically lands safely after falling from an immense height.

Speaking of immense heights....

UNSC Marine states that the MJOLNIR's gel layer alone (not even the titanium) probably tanked atmospheric re-entry (1:45)

6:39 - 7:01: Survives being blasted out of a two-story building and then falling from the same height without any injury.

Well a single story in a building is approximately 3 meters. John has calculated that he could survive a 30 METER DROP. That is 10 stories and that's, believe it or not, still without MJOLNIR armor during The Fall of Reach.

John stating he can survive a 30 meter drop (pg.89)

photo pg089.png

I'll get to the rest later. Now onto Vergil

To me, Vergil's greatest strengths in this fight are his speed (easily on par with Jack's IMO, if not higher), his sword Yamato's abilities, and his "Devil Trigger." Again though, getting ahead of myself. Basic feat time.

Vergil is an outlandishly skilled swordsmen, and combined with his sword's ability to cut through space and ignore general durability, he's capable of doing things such as killing higher ranked demons in a single slash.

1:11 - 1:38

I'm assuming you're thinking, "big deal, that guy's just cannon fodder," and you're halfway correct. However, he's also capable of one-shotting towering demons who happened to be bosses in the game.

Well first of all, you need to know Jack's huge advantage over Dante : his sword. It was crafted by skyfather level Gods.

"This sword was forged from the righteousness of the qi within thee. It possesses the power to destroy this evil force."

-Odin, Ra and Vishnu (Episode 38, Season 3)

Jack, like Dante, is also capable of holding his own against beings far greater than his own power. I mean his main enemy is Aku, who himself is a nigh-omnipotent being who can warp reality and time itself (and shapeshift). Here is a list of his powers below :

From Samurai Jack Wikia

• Shapeshifting: Calling himself the "Shape Shifting Master of Darkness" at the opening of each episode, Aku can change into virtually any form he desires, from a giant dragon to a small insect, or even a beautiful woman. He can also change his size, liquefy himself, stretch, and expand his body. Aku's consciousness can exist even in a part of himself. He typically changes into animal forms that are threatening to fit certain situations, such as a scorpion or an octopus. He is however limited to his own colour scheme, no matter what form he takes, it will always be black, red and green. Also, his true reflection will always appear, even in another form.
  • Sorcery: As Aku is a great and powerful wizard, he possesses a wide knowledge of magic that varies from episode to episode as the series demands.
  • Self Sustenance: Aku needs no food, hydration, or air.
  • Interstellar travel: aku is capable of interstellar travel.
  • Spying: He also has the ability to spy on Jack through a large sphere he can summon at will in his tower.
  • Superhuman Strength: When Aku challenged Jack to a so called final match, he was shown to have superhuman strength even in a somewhat human form.
  • Limited Invulnerability: Aku has shown the ability easily withstand weapons of any sort, such as simply absorbing arrows shot at him or not even being fazed after being hit by torpedoes as well as being capable of breathing underwater and existing in the depths of space. However, he was shown to be vulnerable against mystic weapons and the weapons and artifacts of Deities and especially Jack's blade which was forged through the very essence of purity within Jack's father by the Deities Odin, Ra and Vishnu.
  • Pyrokinesis: Along with being capable of breathing fire Aku has also been shown creating it. In one comical situation, he had to re-ignite his eyebrows.
  • Time Travel: This was the very ability that Aku had used to send Jack into the future at the beginning of the series, though so far it has only been used once and was a one way portal forward in time.
  • Laser Eye Beams: Aku used this ability in numerous battles with Jack and he also used it to destroy the majority of Jack's Kingdom. He can also use this ability to teleport other people.
  • Teleportation: Aku uses this quite often to appear before those he has business with, such as the Imakandi.
  • Summoning Storms: Aku is capable of conjuring thunder storms through will.
  • Object Materialization: The ability to create objects out of thin air. He once used this ability to conjure gold, jewels, and treasure for the Imakandi.
  • Telekinesis: Aku has shown the ability to move objects with his mind alone.
  • Sonic Scream: Aku was shown capable of producing a powerful scream that causes massive damage to the landscape.
  • Necromancy: Aku has been shown in one episode to be capable of animating countless dead bodies, and bending them to his will, for they lack mind and soul.
  • Earth Control: Aku has once summoned a stone wall to from the ground.
  • Immortality: A significant aspect in the series is that Aku is ageless and immortal. Therefore, he needs no food, air, or water and his wounds will merely regenerate nearly all forms of physical injury in moments. He can only be harmed and finally defeated by Jack's samurai sword. It is notable that Aku is also vulnerable to various magical and divine attacks (such as the powers and artifacts of gods).
  • Slowwoing breath: aku has the abilite to swallow hole things, including jack.

Known forms he has takenEdit

• Bat: (he uses this form mostly to escape) used lots of times
  • Scorpion: used in I and XXX also shown in opening titles
  • Gorilla: used in I
  • Billy Goat: used in I
  • Octopus: used in VIII and briefly seen in XXXVIII
  • Manta Ray: used in VIII
  • Spiked Tubeworm : used in VIII
  • Spider: used in XXXVIII
  • Dark Tentacled Being: used in I but also shown in beginning opening titles
  • Cobra: used in XII
  • Dragon: used in XIII
  • Chinese Dragon: used in XXX
  • Praying Mantis: used in XXX
  • Mouse: used in XXX
  • Frog: used in XXXIV
  • Fish: used in XXXIV
  • Flying Dragon: used in XXXVIII
  • Army: used in XXXVIII
  • Dark Mass of Shadow tentacles: used in XXX
  • Human: used in XLVIII

Heck, Jack has held his own against Mondo-Bot, which is a futuristic robot that managed to effortlessly eradicate an entire city.

He also dodged lasers, which are extremely fast. Also, for training, Jack has been trained (and surpassed) numerous masters in several areas of combat, such as Shaolin Monks, Robin Hood, Gladiators, and more.

5:30 - 5:57

Now that was a pretty cool feat, but Jack has defeated similar enemies at a far greater quantity.

Jack defeating Ultra-Robots

• Jack's first encounter with the Ultra-Robots (Skip to 2:24 and mute the video)
  • Jack's second encounter with the Ultra-Robots (Skip to 3:38 and mute the video)
  • Jack unleashing his/his sword's full potential (Skip to 5:00 and mute the video)

Jack fighting Demongo and his minions

• Jack fights a huge, beast-like monster (Skip to 1:42 and mute the video)
  • Jack battles the first wave of warriors (Skip to 3:14 and mute the video)
  • Jack battles the second wave of warriors (Skip to 4:45 and mute the video)
  • Jack fights an entire army of warriors/monsters (Skip to 5:38 and mute the video)

For a basic understanding of his speed, he was able to clash swords with his brother (Dante) so fast it was moving faster than the raindrops falling around them.

And as for skill, he's easily capable of killing hordes of demons and making it seem they're moving in slow motion.

1:01 - 1:10: Raindrop feat

4:00 - 5:35: Vergil fending off demons

I'm aware Jack can essentially perform the latter feat as well, but the fact Vergil does it without even giving it his best effort is impressive.

Your move, Mr. ComicGeek.

Huh...that's funny. Samurai Jack is also vastly faster than a waterdrop. In Season 4, Episode 5 (Princess and the Bounty Hunters), Jack effortlessly defeats an infamous group of bounty hunters who had days (if not weeks) of prep, before a waterdrop hit the ground...and that's Jack without putting effort.

Samurai Jack defeating Aku and his multiple shapeshifted forms (DC comics adaptation)

Samurai Jack defeating a group of aliens

I also seriously doubt Vergil or Jak could tag even Jack, since Samurai Jack has dodged magic arrows with pinpoint accuracy. The Three Archers had taken down an entire army by themselves.

Samurai Jack defeating 3 Archers who had previously defeated Aku's huge army. They wielded magic arrows that almost never missed their target.

• Proof that the 3 Archers alone took down a huge army (Skip to 1:43 - 2:30 and 2:49 - 4:00)
  • Samurai Jack dodging an arrow effortlessly with his toes (Skip to 2:36)
  • Samurai Jack deflecting and dodging hundreds of arrows (Skip to 4:00)
  • Samurai Jack blindfolding himself to dodge arrows (Skip to 4:20)

Don't forget to mute the video (unless you like the music)