Nobody?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By 18hunt

That is Chronus not chronos, chronos is the god of time Chronus is Zeus' father, and Chronus stomps

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By niBBit

Probably Kronos don't know why.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt: Why?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 18hunt

Because his son and the only god who can beat him (same people) can burn the galaxy and his father is the sky!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt: It took Odin and all his siblings to kill Ymir.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order

Ymir

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MandoViking

I think generally the Greek gods are more powerful than the Norse ones.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 18hunt

Odin and his siblings aren't close to as strong as Zeus, without Zeus Chronus would be living on Olympus with the gods as his slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MandoViking: Not true. Odin has Gungnir wich kills anything in one shot and Thor can overpower the Midgard Serpent.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 18hunt

Zeus can burn the universe, he can supposedly trump sun Wu kong which no one else could. He also controls the balance of the universe yes the universe make a Odin vs Zeus topic you will be hammered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt: How about an Asgard vs Olympus thread?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@Racob7: That is Kronos, the King of the Titans, not Chronos, the God of Time.

@18hunt said:

That is Chronus not chronos, chronos is the god of time Chronus is Zeus' father, and Chronus stomps

They are the same. Cronos/Kronos/Cronus is the one you are talking about.

Chronos is the one in this thread, and Chronos stomps, being the personification of time and eternity, and one of the progenitors of the universe.

@Racob7 said:

How about an Asgard vs Olympus thread?

Been done. Zeus soloes.

@Racob7 said:

Not true. Odin has Gungnir wich kills anything in one shot and Thor can overpower the Midgard Serpent.

Not true? Perhaps you would like to hear that Zeus is not a mortal, hence not being killed by Gungnir, or perhaps a much longer post:

He then freed his father's brothers, whom Uranus had chained. In token of gratitude, they offered him thunder and lightning. Furnished with such weapons, Zeus can thenceforth command "both mortals and immortals" (Theog. 493-506).

-- Taken from A History of Religious Ideas Vol. 1

... a monstrous being, Typhon, son of Gaea and Tartarus, rises against Zeus.

"From his shoulders came a hundred snake heads, frightful dragons, thrusting out blackish tongues; and from his eyes.... flared a light like fire," etc. (Theog. 824 ff.). Zeus struck him with this thunderbolts and cast him down into Tartarus.

It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus. - Hesiod (C.Eight Century B.C.), Theogony)

-- Taken from Classical Mythology: Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome

For already in Homer Zeus recovers the splendors and powers of a true Indo-European sovereign god. He is more than a god of the "vast sky," he is "the father of gods and men" (Iliad 1.544). And in a fragment of his Heliades (frag. 70 Nauck), Aeschylus proclaims: "Zeus is the ether, Zeus is the earth, Zeus is the sky. Yes, Zeus is all that is above all."

Zeus is the air, Zeus the earth, Zeus all things and what transcends them all. - Aeschylus (525 B.C. - 456 B.C.), Fragments

-- Taken from Classical Mythology: Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome

But Zeus is more than just a sky god: he is the head of the gods who live on Mount Olympos (the 'Olympian Gods'), and his powers are nicely detailed in a fragment of Aiskhylos (Aeschylus):

Zeus is the air, Zeus earth, and Zeus the sky, Zeus everything and all that's more than these.

-- Taken from The Greek Myths: Gods, Monsters, Heroes and the Origins of Storytelling

Consciousness of his omnipotence is admirably illustrated in the famous scene in the Iliad (8.17 ff.) in which Zeus makes this challenge to the Olympians: "Then [you] will see how far I am strongest of all the immortals. Come, you gods, make this endeavor, that you all may learn this. Let down out of the sky a cord of gold; lay hold of it all you who are gods and all who are goddesses, yet not even so can you drag down Zeus from the sky to the ground, not Zeus the high lord of counsel, though you try until you grow weary. Yet whenever I might strongly be minded to pull you, I could drag you up, earth and all and sea and all with you, then fetch the golden rope about the horn of Olympos and make it fast, so that all once more should dangle in mid air. So much stronger am I than the gods, and stronger than mortals" (trans. Richmond Lattimore, The Iliad of Homer [Chicago, 1951]).

[253] And now his thunder bolts would Jove wide scatter, but he feared the flames, unnumbered, sacred ether might ignite and burn the axle of the universe: and he remembered in the scroll of fate, there is a time appointed when the sea and earth and Heavens shall melt, and fire destroy the universe of mighty labour wrought. Such weapons by the skill of Cyclops forged, for different punishment he laid aside—for straightway he preferred to overwhelm the mortal race beneath deep waves and storms from every raining sky.

-- Taken from Metmorhoses Book 1

"So then, [Zeus] by engulfing Erikepaios the Firstborn [Phanes], he had the body of all things in his belly, and he mixed into his own limbs the god’s power and strength. Because of this, together with him, everything came to be again inside Zeus, the broad air and the lofty splendour of heaven, the undraining sea and earth’s glorious seat, great Okeanos and the lowest Tartara of the earth, rivers and boundless sea and everything else, and all the immortal blessed gods and goddesses, all that had existed and all that was to exist afterwards became one and grew together in the belly of Zeus. After he had hidden them all away, again into the glad light from his holy heart he brought them up, performing mighty acts."

-- Taken from Orphica, Rhapsodies Fragment 167

And I could go on and on, but I hope that the above will suffice.

Regardless, we are straying off-topic now.

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Ymir

How is Ymir supposed to do anything against time?

@niBBit said:

Probably Kronos don't know why.

This is not Kronos is the first place.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@18hunt said:

Zeus can burn the universe, he can supposedly trump sun Wu kong which no one else could.

Wait, what? Many can beat Sun Wukong, and I thought I posted this in that thread:

said:

Kali/Durga/Devi/Durga/Shakti stomp (they are basically time/power/destruction, etc., in other words the forces of nature/abstract concepts which Sun Wukong is reliant on).

Brahman stomps. Anybody who has read up on Brahman realizes that nobody would really defeat Brahman, but in case it is necessary:

The first Being is, obviously, unthinkable, limitless, eternal; it is at once the One and the All, "creator" and "lord" of the world. Some even identified it with the universe; others sought it in the "person" (purusa) present in the sun, the moon, the word, etc., still others in the "limitless" that sustains the world, life, and consciousness.

In a famous passage of the Chandogya Upanisad (3.14.2-4), Brahman is described as being "the whole world" and yet spiritual in nature; "life is his body, his form is light, his soul is space," and he encloses in himself in all acts, desires, odors, tastes etc. But he is at the same time "my atman in the heart, smaller than a grain of barley, than a mustard seed," and yet "greater than the earth, greater than the atmosphere, greater than these worlds." "Containing all acts, all desires....., containing this whole world....., this is my atman in the heart; this is Brahman. When I depart this life, I shall enter into him."

Now, the Chandogya Upainsad 3.13.7 says:

"The light that shines beyond this Heaven, beyond all, in the highest worlds beyond which there are none higher, is truly the same light that shines within man (antah purusa)."

"That serene being, rising from its body and attaining the highest light, appears in its proper form. That being is the atman. That is the immortal, the fearless. That is Brahman: (Chandogya Up.8.3.4).

There is much more that can be said about Brahman, (such as nothing being capable of understanding it, the whole omniverse being an illusion (Maya) to it, and so on).

Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma stomp. All of the Trimurti possess weapons that can instantly destroy all of creation (or at least Sun Wukong) and are infallible. For example, Brahma's Brahmashira (not the Brahmastra which can be countered by the Brahmadanda), and Vishnu's Vaishnavaastra (which destroys the target regardless of their nature, and is infallible), Vishnu's Narayanaastra (which is more potent the more resistance is offered), Shiva's Maheshwarastra (which would shoot the power of Shiva's third eye, and can destroy even celestial/divine beings and reduce them to ashes, once again being infallible) and Shiva's Pashupatastra (which also destroys the target regardless of its nature, and is also infallible).

Adi Parashakti stomps. She is considered the mother of the Trimurti, Para Brahman, and so on. She is sometimes suggested to be the ultimate creator, observer and destroyer of the universe.

Maha Vishnu stomps. His breath from sleep destroys and recreates the omniverse.

There's plenty more, though, if you want some I will post them later.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By superstay

@Racob7:

Well I think the olympians would win since greek gods are more immortal than norse god.

As for the topic at hand Chronos

dú¡ùb

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MandoViking

@superstay: How is one being more immortal than another?

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

they get some beer and reminisce about being part of primordial Chaos, leading into a 6 hour conversation about how much they hate their descendants(the ones who tried to kill them) then argue about who makes a better wife between a cow that came from ice or one's own sister.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@MandoViking said:

I think generally the Greek gods are more powerful than the Norse ones.

Ymir is a giant, not a god. But he loses here I think

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Betatesthighlander1: Lol I can picture that in my head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MandoViking: Perhaps he means that Zeus is undying and Odin just doesn't age.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By superstay

@MandoViking:

Well the greek gods couldn't die, I've heard things like "if humans stop believing in them they'll die" but for the most part they're unkillable. Ancient Greeks believed a god couldn't die, were as the Norse gods could be killed by non devine or natural things.

Edit:I looked it up and the Norse gods weren't immortal at all, they could die like any other person and they ate Idun's apples to stay young(I'm not 100% sure about the apple thing).

du.ub

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@superstay said:

Well the greek gods couldn't die, I've heard things like "if humans stop believing in them they'll die"

That's fiction, like in Clash/Wrath of the Titans and in DC.

Most of the Norse gods were destined to die.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By superstay

@ShootingNova:

Yeah it's just the only explanation I've hear for the death of Pan (Who I think is the only god to actually die in greek mythology)

d*_*b

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MandoViking

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I know, sorry, I was talking about the mythic beings in general, and I couldn't think of a better word right then,

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 18hunt

@ShootingNova said:

@18hunt said:

Zeus can burn the universe, he can supposedly trump sun Wu kong which no one else could.

Wait, what? Many can beat Sun Wukong, and I thought I posted this in that thread:

said:

Kali/Durga/Devi/Durga/Shakti stomp (they are basically time/power/destruction, etc., in other words the forces of nature/abstract concepts which Sun Wukong is reliant on).

Brahman stomps. Anybody who has read up on Brahman realizes that nobody would really defeat Brahman, but in case it is necessary:

The first Being is, obviously, unthinkable, limitless, eternal; it is at once the One and the All, "creator" and "lord" of the world. Some even identified it with the universe; others sought it in the "person" (purusa) present in the sun, the moon, the word, etc., still others in the "limitless" that sustains the world, life, and consciousness.

In a famous passage of the Chandogya Upanisad (3.14.2-4), Brahman is described as being "the whole world" and yet spiritual in nature; "life is his body, his form is light, his soul is space," and he encloses in himself in all acts, desires, odors, tastes etc. But he is at the same time "my atman in the heart, smaller than a grain of barley, than a mustard seed," and yet "greater than the earth, greater than the atmosphere, greater than these worlds." "Containing all acts, all desires....., containing this whole world....., this is my atman in the heart; this is Brahman. When I depart this life, I shall enter into him."

Now, the Chandogya Upainsad 3.13.7 says:

"The light that shines beyond this Heaven, beyond all, in the highest worlds beyond which there are none higher, is truly the same light that shines within man (antah purusa)."

"That serene being, rising from its body and attaining the highest light, appears in its proper form. That being is the atman. That is the immortal, the fearless. That is Brahman: (Chandogya Up.8.3.4).

There is much more that can be said about Brahman, (such as nothing being capable of understanding it, the whole omniverse being an illusion (Maya) to it, and so on).

Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma stomp. All of the Trimurti possess weapons that can instantly destroy all of creation (or at least Sun Wukong) and are infallible. For example, Brahma's Brahmashira (not the Brahmastra which can be countered by the Brahmadanda), and Vishnu's Vaishnavaastra (which destroys the target regardless of their nature, and is infallible), Vishnu's Narayanaastra (which is more potent the more resistance is offered), Shiva's Maheshwarastra (which would shoot the power of Shiva's third eye, and can destroy even celestial/divine beings and reduce them to ashes, once again being infallible) and Shiva's Pashupatastra (which also destroys the target regardless of its nature, and is also infallible).

Adi Parashakti stomps. She is considered the mother of the Trimurti, Para Brahman, and so on. She is sometimes suggested to be the ultimate creator, observer and destroyer of the universe.

Maha Vishnu stomps. His breath from sleep destroys and recreates the omniverse.

There's plenty more, though, if you want some I will post them later.

It was a book thread for Sun, not many in books could beat sun

Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shikarenji

@18hunt said:

Zeus can burn the universe, he can supposedly trump sun Wu kong which no one else could. He also controls the balance of the universe yes the universe make a Odin vs Zeus topic you will be hammered

I doubt he could trump Sun Wukong

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShootingNova
BraijonGod97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Odin stomp solos the Greek gods in myth Thor one shots myth Zeus easily

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronos wins and fanboys of Nordic gods need to stop talking nonsense, to say that Odin stomp all the Greek Deities is a complete stupidity