Yibb-Tstll VS Batman & Mr. Fantastic

Saintish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yibb-Tstll is an obscure god, said to watch at the center of all time as the universe revolves. Because of this insight, only Yog-Sothoth is said to be wiser. Its blood, the Black, is a weapon which takes the form of black snowflakes that stick to and smother a victim. Its touch causes an instant change in the person affected—this change is usually fatal but occasionally brings some benefit.

Yibb-Tstll is sometimes described as an immobile, dark, tentacled entity with a pulpy, alien head, detached eyes, and large bat wings under which countless Nightgaunts suck black milk from its innumerable breasts. In Brian Lumley's short story "Rising with Surtsey" (1971), the narrator proclaims: "... I wanted to bound, to float in my madness through eldritch depths of unhallowed black blood. I wanted to cling to the writhing breasts of Yibb-Tstll. Insane...."

Alright, so, I've been reading a lot of Lovecraft lately--I prefer to read the man's original stories, of course, and not the ascended fanon--but I stumbled upon this guy on the Web. He's the second smartest being in the entire Lovecraftian Universe, only beaten by Yog-Sothoth himself. He's got a cool bat motif going on, and has little to no power: the opposite of the "Blind Idiot God", Azathoth. What if we put him up against two of the comic book universe's greatest minds: Batman and Mr. Fantastic? (if needed, I can add more. I know almost NOTHING about any comic universes, so help me out here guys)

Assuming the group knows they will face off--and Batman/Mr. Fantastic have full access to all of the Cthulhu Mythos (Lovecraftian spin-offs, the originals, and academic studies based around them)--the two sides will have 1000 years of planning. No intervention from the other Great Old Ones or Outer Gods, and Yibb may NOT interfere with their lives.

I'm new to this, so please, be gentle.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RenaissanceMan

I would favor Yibb

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jwwprod

Welcome to Comicvine and there isn't really much of a debate here since Yibb-Tstll is an Outer God (AKA a multiversal being) and is leagues above Batman and Mr Fantastic.

Saintish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, any suggestions? Maybe Batman & Mr. Fantastic with a bunch of powerful, but not-very-smart characters?

Saintish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saintish

Also, remember that Yibb is incredibly weak--whereas Azathoth is incredibly powerful but mindlessly stupid, Yibb is incredibly smart but very weak. His only weapon--his blood--causes indirect change, which can be positive.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jwwprod

@saintish said:

Also, remember that Yibb is incredibly weak--whereas Azathoth is incredibly powerful but mindlessly stupid, Yibb is incredibly smart but very weak. His only weapon--his blood--causes indirect change, which can be positive.

Do you have any prove of Yibb being weak about from that ability? because last time I checked she is actually the third most powerful being in the Cthulhu Mythos (only behind both Azathoth & Yog-Sothoth of course).

Saintish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Saintish

@jwwprod: The Cthulhu Mythos's "Outer Gods", as some call them, go like this: You've got Azathoth who could literally fuck the entire multiverse with the opening of an eye (demons have been forced by Yog-Sothoth to lull him to sleep for all eternity), Yog-Sothoth who isn't as powerful as him but is smart and does stuff (as Azathoth's mental capacity is too complex for any other being to understand or comprehend [i.e. to us he's dumb]), and Yibb... I wouldn't equate Yibb to their level. There's certainly more powerful beings. Yibb's only smart because she watches the world from the center of time. From what little knowledge we have of her, she could be a manifestation of change--hence the random effects her blood has on those it touches. The Night Guants certainly could do a lot of damage, which is why I need help adding some power to Batman & Mr. Incredible's side.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jwwprod

@saintish: Well you could let Reed uses the Infinity Gauntlet which should be enough I guess.

Well to be completely honest I don't really know that much about Yibb (but I do know lot about the other Outer Gods like Yog) but considering that she's an Outer God and that she is nigh-omniscient we know where this thread is going (unless we can give Batman and Reed enough items or outside help).

EDIT: Also please don't use bad langue in the future!

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

Yibb could probably be killed with an amped blast from the UN with added energy of IG

Saintish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saintish

The Infinity Guantlet does what? I'm up for anything. A true battle of wits (and the Nightguants, of course) would be interesting.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@saintish: To put it simple, the Infinity Gauntlet (originaly at least) made you the most powerful being in the multiverse next to LT, Pre Retcon Beyonder and molecule man and any weilder of the HOTU. It gives the user complete control over Time, Space, The Mind, The Soul, Power and Reality on a multiversal scale.