Yautja Battle Thread Encounter RYANO vs Snaggletooth.

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Undergroundgod

RYANO has been a bad Yautja, he has killed Snaggletooth's mate. Snaggletooth finds his dead mates headless body stuffed into a compartment on the ship... Snaggletooth is also aware that they were alone on this planet so he knows RYANO was the killer. RYANO knows that Snaggletooth has found the body, and is watching him from a 300 yards away... The Planet is a harsh place, and there is deep valleys all over the surface of the planets crust. The Crust its self is harsh on the feet.  

Name: Rip-You-A-New-One(RYANO)

Hunter: 2000p
Spear Gun: 1500p
laser nets: 3500p
Maul: 2000p
Wrist Blades:1000p
OblivionKnight 

vs 

Name: Snaggletooth

Hunter: 2000p
Wrist-Blades: 1000p
Plasma-Caster: 3500p
Smart Disc: 3500p

Dane      

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Undergroundgod

Bump... Bump... Waiting for the battle to start.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By dane

ok, so is it on Outland from World of Warcraft, as the picture suggests?

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Undergroundgod
@Dane said:
"ok, so is it on Outland from World of Warcraft, as the picture suggests? "

No... I know what it is from... I just used that picture because it looks right... It is not Outland, just looks alot like Outland, not as scary as Outland however.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Knightly1

I'm sorry I've been out all day. I still have to get my stuff together for tomorrow, so I will try my best to reply as early and as convenient as possible.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: all good, we can kick this off whenever you get time.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: Alright. Again I'm sorry about this. I'm just so freakin' tired. I'll post mine at 10 or 11 in the morning tomorrow.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Undergroundgod

Sounds good guy's... This should be good.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: it's no trouble at all, just whenever you're ready man.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: I will inconsistently be on and off today. But, as of now, I should have 2 or 3 free hours.
Alright. Well, neither of us has any armor so it's assumed we have that black chainmail-like clothing the predators wear. The predators aren't that much more durable(skin, and bone toughness) as humans,if at all. They seem to be affected by and pierced by the same things we are(ie bullets.) 
So, pretty much, the only armor we have is our helmets(I know I'm not the only one who sees the humor in us running around practically naked with helmets on :P)
As it would seem, I have the advantage here as you don't know exactly where I am while I have tabs on you. My spear gun essentially works as a silenced sniper rifle, dedicated to taking you out from a distance without letting you know where my location is. I am aware that your helmet will probably allow you to see me if I do give off my location/shooting-sniping position, so I will have to work quick and efficiently. I won't be an idiot and wait for you to become aware of my location(via your helmet.) Pretty much, this is how I'll get it to work out for myself. I doubt we'll ever get in each other's faces so I won't bring in the maul, but in a CQB, I would likely win with the weapon.  I'm not sure how effective the wrist blades will work from such a distance. I would get close to you all the while keeping my eyes on you, and if you don't notice me, I'm sure I could use the wrist blades eventually. If I could get close enough to use the laser net, that would work well.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: 
Well, firstly and most importantly; Snaggletooth is an avid loin-cloth enthusiast and won't be staging a naked assault on your person.

Secondly, if you can see me, I can see you.
Thirdly, spear guns have a maximum range before they lose power and fall to the ground.
Fourthly, smart discs like I have do not have a maximum range.
Fifthly, your weapons are all ballistic. My plasma caster is guided and my smart disc is even homing. I think in a range battle I have a serious, serious advantage in a weapon that you cannot avoid.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: Well, RYANO sports speedos. :P
1) That's not necessarily true.  Sure, if you look in the right spot, you can see me. However, just because I have a clear sight on you doesn't mean you automatically have a clear sight on me. You have no idea where I am, so you'd have to spend time looking. Precious time I can use to kill. 
2) Really? Interesting. Well, I guess I will have to move around a bit. I suppose 300 yards would've been a bit of a stretch. But, remember, mama ain't raise no fool. I'm going to step right out in the open for you to see me. I've seen you wearing the helmet, I know its capabilities. I will tread with extreme caution.
3) I suppose they don't. But, you have to lock onto me and know my whereabouts to send one at me(properly, anyways.)
4) To guide the plasma blast, you have to aim at me first. You can't at what you don't see. 
P.S. To be able to see from 300 yards, I was assuming I was at the top of one of those pillars.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: 
1) How will you kill me? If I'm in your line of sight, you must be in mine. If we're the only lifeforms there you should stick out easily with the Predator helmet.

2) Well, you may be able to see me but I certainly know you're there and I won't be sitting around waiting for you to attack. You just killed my mate, and she made good fried rice you son of a b#tch.

3) It depends where we are. Judging by that image we're fighting in the Hellfire Peninsula which is practically a desert. There aren't any trees to hide in.

4) Same response as #3.

P.S. They're more like mountainous ridges than pillars.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: 
1) The thing is that I'm given an automatic view of you while you have yet to see me. The helmet will help, but you have to be looking in my general direction to find me. This place is big.  You have to be looking around for at least a couple of seconds before your helmet would pick me up.

2) Well, I'd figure, in your distress, you'd be looking around to find me, putting you in a frenzy, effectively lowering your efficiency as a warrior. You would likely lose your cool IMO. Seeing a loved one dead in front of you would be tough for any warrior. P.S. The fried rice? I ATE IT ALL  >:)

3) There may not be trees,but there sure are those giant pillars, which would serve as better cover than some dang trees.

4) Same thing as #3

I don't think it really matters what we call them. But, I can't tell what they are.  They're a little too jagged to be pillars I suppose.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: 
1) Well, like I said, if you can see me, I can see you. Line of sight dude.

2) Conjecture. You can't possibly know that. There are plenty of characters that fight at peak efficiency even when pissed off. Deathstroke for instance.

3) If you're behind it you can't see me. If you can see me, you're not behind it.

I'm confused as to if we're in Hellfire Peninsula or not. If not, where?
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: 
1) I understand what you're saying with the line of sight thing. But, what I'm saying is that you won't automatically know where I am. You will have to spend some amount of time looking for me. 

2) Point well taken and I will give you that. That was more of a hypothesis anyways.

3) Despite not being completely behind it, I will have a rough generalization of your location. Nothing would be stopping me from stepping out of cover and shooting both my wrist blades at you and my spear gun darts to catch you off guard. This is after I've spent time sneaking around you behind the ample amount of cover given.

I don't know. That place is in WoW, right?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: 
1) Agreed. But if you are aiming a spear gun at me, you'll have to stay in line of sight.

3) Wrist Blades from 300 yards? not worried. Spear Gun is a little more concerning but it'll give away your position and certainly isn't a guarenteed hit from that distance. If there was even a slight wind you would miss by about 20 feet. I think you're overestimating the cover here. There really isn't any in the actual location.

Yeah, Hellfire Peninsula is in WoW. It looks like this.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: 
1) Alright. But, from what you have told me, the spear gun wouldn't be useful at such a long range. I've kinda changed my tactic from sniping to stalking/hunting you. Move around without you knowing.

3)Wrist blades from 300 yards? As I said, mama ain't raise no fool. I knew from the beginning wrist blades wouldn't be that effective at such a distance. As of now, I plan on getting closer and closer to you until I can use my spear gun. Possibly 50-100 yards?  Now, I see why you called them mountain ridges. The pictures definitely vary, but I thin yours is the what the OP was aiming to show. So, I would think that my guy ran into the mountains to sort of hide and wait for you to come out in the open and find your mate dead. After you start searching for me, I would disappear from my hiding spot, and make my way towards you, hanging to the side lines. I would watch your position in relation to mine to make sure you're not looking as I go from cover to cover. Eventually, I will get close enough to the point of the spear gun becoming effective one again.
Do you play WoW? I just started playing with my friends yesterday, and in a couple of hours, I became a level 10 Night elf Priest. Now I see how people lose their lives to the game.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: 
1) Going to be very difficult in that environment

3) I really do think you'd have to come out into the open (it's all open) in order to get that close. They are really flat plains apart from those mountains are the edges of the map.

I used to, but not anymore.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: Hmm... Well, I have to eat right now. So, I hope you don't mind giving me 10 minutes or so. In this time, I will also check out more pics of the battle location.
I just re-checked OP and UGD said it's not from WoW.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dane
@OblivionKnight: It's ok, I'm about to go to bed so we can pick it up after. The question is, if it's not WoW, where is it? what is around, etc?
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Knightly1
@Dane: Alright, NP. all very good questions, but I suppose it will have to wait until Underground gets on.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Undergroundgod

Good Job guy's I love how this is going... It is not from WoW... It is just a dead planet void of life... I used the picture to show what the whole planet looks like. To OblivionKnight, yes you know where Dane is he is inside the only ship either of you have a chance of getting off the dead planet, that is where Dane found his dead mate. When I said you could see him, I meant you knew he was in the ship. You don't know were inside the ship he is... You are 300 yards away. So you will both have time to take action.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Knightly1

@Dane:
@Undergroundgod:
Alright. I was assuming that he was out in the open rather than in the ship.

Well, the way I see it, for me to see from so far away, I should probably be at the top of one of the ridges/pillars(doesn't matter what you call it.) I think we can both agree, that you would likely step out of the ship in a spout of anger in response to finding your mate dead. Seeing you step outside, I would depart from my ridge and make my way to the side, all the while keepig an eye on you. We have both agreed on the range of my weapons, so my best option is to try and get close to you. I think there's a very capable amount of cover for me to move around with.  Also, as stated before, you won't have a generalization of my location, just that I exist. You would have to look around a full 360 degrees, trying to find me. That's not including the fact that you don't know I'm even close to you and watching you. Maybe you'll stay near the ship and make my job easier. Maybe you'll strike out, not knowing I'm watching your every step and creaping up closer and closer with my silenced spear gun.