Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BatWatch
No Caption Provided

Scenario

The object of the Battle is to determine how many rounds various heroes would last against increasing numbers of Xenomorphs. This is not a group of heroes against Xenomorphs, but a contest to see how long each hero would last individually against the growing hoard. The first round starts with one hero facing off against one Xenomorph. The round is cleared when the hero successfully kills that Xenomorph. As soon as the round is over, the hero is fully healed, refreshed in mind and body and restocked with weapons and equipment. The second round consists of two Xenomorphs and is cleared when the same hero kills both Xenomorphs. The numbers continue to mount until the hero falls.

How far can each hero last in the Gauntlet and what skills, abilities and equipment will allow some heroes to last longer than others?

Additional Details

• Setting is on a rocky, mountainous planet with a an abandoned human colony such as that found on LV-426 in Aliens
  • No weapons are in the colony, but characters can use anything in the colony for defense
  • The entire planet is fair game for the battle
  • Heroes will have knowledge of the Xenomorphs and retain knowledge between rounds.
  • Heroes have standard equipment
  • Xenomorphs are the fully grown creatures in Aliens. No queens
  • Heroes start at the settlement and have ten minutes to prepare before the Xenomorphs begin to hunt them
  • There is no time limit. Heroes can use guerrilla style attacks
  • Xenomorphs will not die of starvation

The Combatants

How many rounds can each hero last?

Batgirl (Barbara)

No Caption Provided

Batman

No Caption Provided

Black Widow

No Caption Provided

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord, pre-death in New 52)

No Caption Provided

Winter Soldier

No Caption Provided

Captain America

No Caption Provided

Catwoman

No Caption Provided

Daredevil

No Caption Provided

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By _Cerberus_

This is too easy, Captain America he's the only one with a enough stamina to outlast the others once the numbers get very high.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BatWatch

This is too easy, Captain America he's the only one with a enough stamina to outlast the others once the numbers get very high.

If you are talking about Captain America going head to head with the Xenomorphs, then his stamina might be a factor, but it seems to me that using stealth, heavy weapons and guerrilla tactics would be a better approach, and some other combatants are more skilled in those areas.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

False.

Batman easily has the stamina necessary to hang with, if not outlast, Captain America.

Jmarshmallow

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

I tend to agree with you that Batman is at least close to Cap in stamina. Any thoughts on how many rounds these guys will last?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

@jmarshmallow:

I tend to agree with you that Batman is at least close to Cap in stamina. Any thoughts on how many rounds these guys will last?

I would love to comment, but I'm not fully aware of the Xenomorphs capabilities...

Jmarshmallow

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Daredevil a technicallity cheat? I mean, he would know where the Xeno's are before they appear with his radar, so the element of surprise is shot with him. After getting an understanding of what they are capable of, he should be able to outstealth them, in my opinion. If he survives an initial encounter, I would give Daredevil the belt with outlasting the others. Granted only if he survives the first encounter, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are xenomorphs just the regular aliens from the movie??

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cerberus_ said:

False.

Batman easily has the stamina necessary to hang with, if not outlast, Captain America.

Jmarshmallow

You must mean another Captain America who can't run a mile in 73 seconds.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

@_cerberus_ said:

False.

Jmarshmallow

You must mean another Batman who fought against an entire mob of armed bloodlusted warriors for 28 hours straight with no weapons or gadgets, and managed to defeat all of them without killing a single one.

Oh, and that same Batman was only in the training years BEFORE he became Batman.

Jmarshmallow

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sure that there are different types of Xenomorphs if this are the regulars. I think that Cap and Bats last the longest.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

@jmarshmallow:

I would love to comment, but I'm not fully aware of the Xenomorphs capabilities...

Jmarshmallow

Really? If you watched Aliens, you should have the basic idea. They are pretty fast, pretty stupid, ruthless, acid blooded, spiky tailed, and cut things about as well as Wolverine. If you haven't seen Aliens, you really should.

@horus_1 said:

Isn't Daredevil a technicallity cheat? I mean, he would know where the Xeno's are before they appear with his radar, so the element of surprise is shot with him. After getting an understanding of what they are capable of, he should be able to outstealth them, in my opinion. If he survives an initial encounter, I would give Daredevil the belt with outlasting the others. Granted only if he survives the first encounter, lol.

It's not a cheat. Most of these characters have an advantage that the others do not.

Daredevil would have a huge advantage at stealth and detection. I'd also argue that he's the most nimble of the group giving him the best chance of evading if cornered. However, he has a big disadvantage in that he has no weapons capable of killing Aliens which would force him to get creative. How many rounds do you think he could last?

@jmarshmallow said:

@_cerberus_ said:

False.

Jmarshmallow

Since when is stamina and speed seen as the same thing? Also, holy crap! Cap has a feat where he runs at fifty miles an hour? That's ridiculous!

I am sure that there are different types of Xenomorphs if this are the regulars. I think that Cap and Bats last the longest.

Which of the two would last the longest, why and how many rounds do you think they would last?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@batwatch said:

@jmarshmallow:

Jmarshmallow

Really? If you watched Aliens, you should have the basic idea. They are pretty fast, pretty stupid, ruthless, acid blooded, spiky tailed, and cut things about as well as Wolverine. If you haven't seen Aliens, you really should.

Nope, never gotten around to watching it! But you're right, I really should, I hear it's great.

That being said, Batman and Cap last the longest, with Batman lasting the longest.

How many could he take? Hard to tell.

From what I've read/seen from my time on ComicVine about Xenomorphs, he should be able to take at least twenty.

Jmarshmallow

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Yep. It's just the regular old aliens from the Aliens franchise. How many rounds do you think everyone would last?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatWatch
@jmarshmallow said:

@batwatch said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@batwatch said:

@jmarshmallow:

Jmarshmallow

Nope, never gotten around to watching it! But you're right, I really should, I hear it's great.

That being said, Batman and Cap last the longest, with Batman lasting the longest.

How many could he take? Hard to tell.

From what I've read/seen from my time on ComicVine about Xenomorphs, he should be able to take at least twenty.

Jmarshmallow

The first two Alien movies are great. The first is high quality horror sci-fi and the second is high quality action sci-fi. You should definitely check them out some time. The other movies in the Alien franchise are worth watching if you just want to see some mediocre sci-fi action movies, but they are definitely skippable.

I think Batman stands a big advantage for his stealth and evasion abilities. Equally important, he's one of the only characters who carries explosives as standard gear.

Question, you do the battles a lot, right? What am I doing wrong? I think this is a really cool battle, but I've had very few responses, and technically, nobody has tried to actually rank characters as I asked in OP. Do I have too many heroes? A bad title? A topic that only interests me?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: Xenomorphs might not be everybody's cup of tea.

When making a battle, ya gotta have that "Rage Factor," as I like to call it.

You've gotta know when making it, that there are at LEAST two people who are going to butt heads in the thread. Because if they keep going back and forth in their debating, it just keeps bumping your thread to the top of the forum.

And I don't know if there is an Aliens fan who is so devote that they're going to go back and forth with somebody.

Just my two cents.

Jmarshmallow

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: Xenomorphs might not be everybody's cup of tea.

When making a battle, ya gotta have that "Rage Factor," as I like to call it.

You've gotta know when making it, that there are at LEAST two people who are going to butt heads in the thread. Because if they keep going back and forth in their debating, it just keeps bumping your thread to the top of the forum.

And I don't know if there is an Aliens fan who is so devote that they're going to go back and forth with somebody.

Just my two cents.

Jmarshmallow

Hmmm. Maybe so.

As I see it, the battle isn't between the Aliens but between the heroes. Aliens' abilities are easy to understand if you watch the movies, so the real question is how well the heroes would be able to combat them. I guess this thread is a flop. If I try it again, I'll pick a few heroes and put them in the title to lure fans of those heroes into debating.

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch:

It depends. If he realizes what the Xenos are capable of he should be able to dodge them pretty easily. He would have to use the environment, as his billy clubs are next to useless here. If he knows they bleed acid his chances go up. (Which with his heightened senses, he should in theory be able to know their blood is acrid, but that's me reaching at best.)

I do agree that Batman, and Captain America would have the most stamina out of all here. My contention is that Daredevil could simply evade, and not wear himself out. If he gets cornered he's pooched.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman probably lasts the longest due to gear and his stealth skills.

Cap comes next with his enhancements and his shield will shred through Xenos for awhile and his healing factor will help stop his gradual decline due to Xeno acid.

Winter Soldier with his arm can knock Xenos around, his domino mask allows him to sneak around without aliens surprising him and he's skilled enough to avoid Wolverine's detection for long durations and his gun is powerful enough to one-shot aliens.

Daredevil has the best avoid due to his senses but his weapons aren't very good with these kind of fights and all he'll be left with is his fists which is bad news for Matt.