Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wut
No Caption Provided

Hadleys Hope, the human colony on LV-426 has gone silent, but this time the Colonial Marines will not be sent. Instead a five man team will be sent, they must survive as long as they can against increasingly larger hordes of Xenomorphs.

Guidelines:

• On landfall, there will be 10 Xenomorphs in the colony. Every 24 hours, another wave will come. The first wave will bring five more. The increment of increase between waves will be 5. (So, the xenomorphs will get five more the second day, bringing them to 15, then 10 more the third, then 15 more the fourth, etc). They will continue to get more until five man squad is dead.
  • The team does not have unlimited ammunition or food/water. Crates of weapons, bottles of water, and dried food/military rations are spread out in various locations of the colony and mining facility (Meaning they have to either spend time gathering then bunker down or bunker down and then leave to get supplies later.)
  • Xenomorph's show the same intelligence and cunning as the original Alien movies. Alien Isolation is an acceptable source. (So if a corridor is blocked by a turret, they aren't going to try and zerg rush it.)
  • Each tier of this gauntlet are not in any order. If you do not know enough about one of the teams, that is fine, just say you don't know and move on to the next one.
  • There is no evac coming despite what the team has been lead to believe. They are going to hold out until they die. When the entire team dies, the next team in the gauntlet will come in and Hadley's Hope will be 'reset'. The question I ask of you is how long do you think they can last?
No Caption Provided

The Squads:

1. 4 UNSC Marines lead by a ODST.

Armed with 2 frag grenades each, 3 assault rifles, 1 battle rifle, and 1 DMR.

2. Four Imperial Stormtroopers lead by a Stormtrooper Commander.

Armed with 2 thermal detonators, 3 E-11 Blaster Rifles, 1 T-21 repeating blaster, and 1 blaster cannon.

3. Five Red Shirts with Phasers

4. Four Imperial Guardsmen (Cadian Regiment) lead by a Karskin

Armed with 2 frag grenades, 3 lasrifles, 1 hellgun, and 1 flamer.

5. Five COGS (Who wear their helmets.)

Armed with 2 frag grenades, 3 Mk.2 Lancers, 1 Gnasher Shotgun, 1 Longshot sniper rifle.

6. Three Helghast Troopers, 1 Heavy Trooper, and lead by a Elite Soldier.

Armed with 2 frag grenades, 3 StA-52AE assault rifles, 1 StA-11SE Submachine Gun, and 1 StA-3 Light Machine Gun.

7. Four GDI Riflemen (Tiberium Wars) and 1 Sniper (TW).

Armed with GD2 Assualt Rifles (With grenade launcher attachments) and one GLS-70 Sniper Rifle.

8. Four System Alliance Marines and 1 N7. (No biotics.)

Armed with 2 grenades, 3 M-8 Avenger assault rifles, 1 M-15 Vindicator assault rifle and 1 M-92 Mantis sniper rifle.

How many days will each team be able to survive? Who will have the highest Kill Count?

EDIT: The Gauntlet is not in any particular order. Just because one is squad 8 or 7 doesn't necessarily mean they are stronger then squad 2 or 3.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any of the first 5 squads last more than a week. As for the rest, I don't know.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x5 COGS last the longest... but they will all DIE here.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rockette: I think the Storm Troopers last the longest.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Troopers can't hit the broad side of a barn. COGS are hardcore, heavily armored, regenerate health when not in heated combat, and have experience fighting aliens/demons/whatever. They last here... but not to the end.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer

@wut: So...what's the location exactly? A facility right? So are they in a room as the waves come at them, or do they move around as the waves come? Although tbh, I kinda wanna save my Stormtrooper info till the CaV we got planned starts. :P

Curious though what's the durability of the Xenos?

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wut

@rockette: Uh... regenerating health outside of combat is gameplay...

@wolfrazer: It is a colony that has numerous buildings, small alleyways and streets, and a large mining complex. (It is where Aliens 2 takes place), there are supplies food/water and what not dropped in crates in buildings or in the streets, so they can bunker down in a building, but they would have to leave to get supplies eventually.

That is fine, you don't need to throw down any feats or what not.

Xenomorphs durability varies. Bullets, normal bullets, do penetrate, but Aliens bleed a molecular acid that is very potent. They can take a surprising amount of damage and keep going, but blasters should have no problems putting them down when they hit. That said, the reason I like Xenomorphs is that they are very smart. If they know a hallway or doorway is a killzone, they won't go in there anymore. They will find a way around it, Xenomorphs have escaped being trapped in a room by killing one of their members so that their acid blood would melt through the floor and let them through. They are very sneaky guys and have no trouble scaling up walls.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Yeah I figured on the blood bit, alright nice.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't red-shirt phasers disintegrate making the acid blood moot?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wut: Well this is interesting :)

You making a battle thread is very surprising seeing how I don't think I've seen you make a battle thread before.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wut

@robertloucksjr: Aye, but Aliens have claws, a very sharp tail, and a very mean bite.

@jwwprod: I usually don't make threads, but I figured, why not?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Wut we have discussed this in our past threads why are u allowing the crappy unsc here!!! And why not Spartans xD. Swap the unsc for the covenant and give the covenant 4 hunters with an elite zealot xD jk jk I'll have to answer ur thread when I get home I'm at work great thread btw

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basic clone troopers wont last as long. If it was shock troopers however....

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the unsc would last awhile. I mean the ODST could go melee with the alien if they had too, and probably go a couple rounds alone.

The imps would last longest most likely

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: Because I didn't want to hear the, "LOL MC's shields tanked re-entry! What is a Xenomorph going to do!?"

I may make one later with Spartans, Space Marines, etc, but I would probably give the Xenomorphs a boost to let them slice and dice through armor.

EDIT: Or on second thought... I could just trade the 'upgraded' Xenomorphs for Genestealers.

FREAKY1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

experienced storm troopers kill the first 10 xenomorphs. then leave happily. their guns can oneshot them

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cogs due to experience heavy armor and lack of being a wuss lol.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer

@wut: One thing am curious about, the supplies and such. Is it stuff from each group's respective universe or something else? Also crates of weapons, would that be anything or just select weaponry?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: It would be supplies from their respective universe. Mostly it is ammunition, but (as there is the chance that acid could get on the weapons), I don't see why there couldn't be weapons crates. It would be within reason. The chances of finding heavy weaponry or deployable weaponry would be very small compared to finding spare E-11s.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Acid blood wouldn't be much of an issue with the squads who's weapons don't draw blood.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: That was more for the other teams, the ones that have weapons that do draw blood. (I wouldn't give Star Wars weapons crates and no one else them.)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer

@wut: Pretty sure the Phasers that the Trek guys have are similar too. Infact, Phasers are hella powerful, the Trek guys could just vaporize the Xenos.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Star Wars, Trek, and Imperium don't have to worry about the blood. Xenomorphs don't have 'blood' so there won't be any body part exploding when lasguns shoot them.

That said, the Xenomorphs aren't creatures that will mindlessly swarm unless they think it will work. The second they start getting vaporized, they will run then watch them. They are very good hunters, they would wait, watch them as they search crates and what not, and more then likely, set an ambush when they are in the open instead of charging headlong into their fire. (The colony is not a place with high visibility.)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolfrazer

@wut: Right, which would be an issue to those squads who don't have sensors/life detectors.

But really tho, dem Phasers are hella OP.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: And then it becomes a matter of forcing them to leave their entrenched position (once they start running low on food and water) and overwhelm them once they leave with raw numbers. Not really a matter of winning, this is just how long would they survive.

Phasers are pretty strong. Luckily Red Shirts have just the worst luck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut:

Because I didn't want to hear the, "LOL MC's shields tanked re-entry! What is a Xenomorph going to do!?"<-- exact what would they do? Spartans live that all the time? XD lololol i honestly would of used this phrase instead " spartans never die they just go somewhere else cause their bored" lol XD

"I may make one later with Spartans, Space Marines, etc, but I would probably give the Xenomorphs a boost to let them slice and dice through armor."<-- Space marines? No amount of xenos can best the emperors angels of death! XD

EDIT: Or on second thought... I could just trade the 'upgraded' Xenomorphs for Genestealers.<-- U mean weeniestealers XD

what about the covies!!! XD jk anyway real answer on these

1. 4 UNSC Marines lead by a ODST.

Armed with 2 frag grenades each, 3 assault rifles, 1 battle rifle, and 1 DMR.<-- Prolly 2 to 3 days tops until the UNSC will run out of ammo way too quick, and will lose troops pretty fast.

2. Four Imperial Stormtroopers lead by a Stormtrooper Commander.

Armed with 2 thermal detonators, 3 E-11 Blaster Rifles, 1 T-21 repeating blaster, and 1 blaster cannon.<-- honestly prolly a week their weapons therms and gear is overall is better imo.

3. Five Red Shirts with Phasers<-- Honestly don't know enough to make a fair judgement

4. Four Imperial Guardsmen (Cadian Regiment) lead by a Karskin

Armed with 2 frag grenades, 3 lasrifles, 1 hellgun, and 1 flamer.<-- You gave them lasrifles ^^ lol there gonna last a while XD and since their cadian they can't miss lol. Anyway prolly a week or so

5. Five COGS (Who wear their helmets.)

Armed with 2 frag grenades, 3 Mk.2 Lancers, 1 Gnasher Shotgun, 1 Longshot sniper rifle.<-- Eh again same situation with the UNSC marines, but they last 3 to 4 days imo.

6. Three Helghast Troopers, 1 Heavy Trooper, and lead by a Elite Soldier.

Armed with 2 frag grenades, 3 StA-52AE assault rifles, 1 StA-11SE Submachine Gun, and 1 StA-3 Light Machine Gun.<-- really? Helghast never die their invincible! Anyway around the unsc length they got great tactics and such, but their weapons lack the heavy punch that is needed to kill the xenos.

7. Four GDI Riflemen (Tiberium Wars) and 1 Sniper (TW).

Armed with GD2 Assualt Rifles (With grenade launcher attachments) and one GLS-70 Sniper Rifle.<--- Are the rifles upgraded with AP rounds? If so they last longer, if not it only shortens it by a day or two. I'd give them 3 to 4 days with ap prolly a week as well.

8. Four System Alliance Marines and 1 N7. (No biotics.)

Armed with 2 grenades, 3 M-8 Avenger assault rifles, 1 M-15 Vindicator assault rifle and 1 M-92 Mantis sniper rifle.<-- eh prolly 2 to 3 days imo, their ground forces don't seem that impressive. However, my mind can be changed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can can totally see a COGs trying to chainsaw a Xenomorph in half, coating himself as well as another friendly in a layer of the sludge green corrosive blood and melting down.

RIP Carmine

No Caption Provided

UNSC soldiers die to the flood all the time, they'll defiantly die here in a matter if hours without having any sort of motion trackers or shielding. The ODST VISR mode might be quite helpful and allow him to live through the first night, but no mode than that. It doesn't help that their weapons draw a lot of blood and any Xenomorph downed will cause quite a bit of collateral damage either to the marines, valuable supplies or to the terrain making for more holes that Xenomorph can crawl through.

Stormtroopers should probably last for quite while here. One big plus is that blasters tend to burn/coteries wounds so Stormies should not have to worry about acid showers melting down holes in ever surface of the building. Stormtrooper helmets also offer great visibility enhancements so they should be able to spot any Xenomorph that thinks it's being sneaky in the shadows, though without motion tracks stormtroopers might be quite susceptible to ventilation flanks attacks.

Assuming the Stormtroopers Commander is able to get everyone a well defended hunkered down position there downfall will probably come from lack of food,sleep or ammunition after several days of hard fighting.

Chaos1q23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick question do we not consider the experience each of these guys has for example I'm pretty sure the COG and the UNSC have dealt with a multitude of creepy crap for example the UNSC with the flood they were scurrying all over the walls had ranged weapons aka spikes and were also pretty smart well except when they were feral flood for the COG they have the experience with wall crawlers as well along with many different versions of things this includes the the giant crab things and also the Imulsion things which blew up if the COGS could see the acid they would make the proper plans because they would have had a similar kind just modify it this goes for the UNSC as well they have those giant pod things which make more infection forms when killed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remnet: The flood are by no means weaker than the Xenos... If you seriously think that then well thats your opinion but they are not weaker. They can tank massive damage and can be very sneaky and effective at what they do. I'm not gonna claim their better than xenos, but their not as weak as you think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I was more considering the Flood Infection Forms to the Xenomorph in terms of stealth and ability to gank a foe with a quick one hit kill at close range. Not the super human powered zombie Combat flood forms.

The Flood Infections have no durability to speak of, and while they might be considerably smaller they can't move nearly as quickly as compared to a Xenomorph. Most people tend to forget about this little bitters or view them as insignificant since they just melt on chiefs armour, but they're able to constantly sneak up on Marines and in an instant devour them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remnet: True, but they are just as sneaky they dont just simply bum rush and hope to win, they sneak through vents and such in order to do so. The small flood infection forms = face huggers. True flood are different than xenos.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Detrolord

1. 4 UNSC Marines lead by a ODST. half day honestly UNSC marines will have a hard time dealing w/ the xenomorphs

2. Four Imperial Stormtroopers lead by a Stormtrooper Commander. 3-4 they should be able to fend the xenos off

3. Five Red Shirts with Phasers No Idea

4. Four Imperial Guardsmen (Cadian Regiment) lead by a Karskin 3-4 unlike the other squads they have more experience from the genestealers

5. Five COGS (Who wear their helmets.) 3-4 they are experience at ambushes from the locust their experience will help

6. Three Helghast Troopers, 1 Heavy Trooper, and lead by a Elite Soldier. 1-2 day but they r more useful than the UNSC

7. Four GDI Riflemen (Tiberium Wars) and 1 Sniper (TW). Not Sure

8. Four System Alliance Marines and 1 N7. (No biotics.) hmm 2-3 day i guess -_-

If were to check their weapons and gear it ain't enough for the xeno

its durability and having a sign of intelligence prove to be challenging

all the squads will mostly use half of their ammo in a basic ambush of a xeno unless they find a good spot

honestly colonies in Alien universe likes vents under the floor, the walls and above.

In a game i played b4 aliens have shutdown a power source to ambush the colonial marines

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. 4 UNSC Marines lead by a ODST. half day honestly UNSC marines will have a hard time dealing w/ the xenomorphs

2. Four Imperial Stormtroopers lead by a Stormtrooper Commander. 3-4 they should be able to fend the xenos off

3. Five Red Shirts with Phasers No Idea

4. Four Imperial Guardsmen (Cadian Regiment) lead by a Karskin 3-4 unlike the other squads they have more experience from the genestealers

5. Five COGS (Who wear their helmets.) 3-4 they are experience at ambushes from the locust their experience will help

6. Three Helghast Troopers, 1 Heavy Trooper, and lead by a Elite Soldier. 1-2 day but they r more useful than the UNSC

7. Four GDI Riflemen (Tiberium Wars) and 1 Sniper (TW). Not Sure

8. Four System Alliance Marines and 1 N7. (No biotics.) hmm 2-3 day i guess -_-

If were to check their weapons and gear it ain't enough for the xeno

its durability and having a sign of intelligence prove to be challenging

all the squads will mostly use half of their ammo in a basic ambush of a xeno unless they find a good spot

honestly colonies in Alien universe likes vents under the floor, the walls and above.

In a game i played b4 aliens have shutdown a power source to ambush the colonial marines

^ what i'd say as well.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: Yea, the Alien vs Predator games? The computer games were wonderful, and I loved playing Aliens in that, and they were very intelligent. Cutting off power to turrets, avoiding large patrols to target lone marines...

The Aliens were my favorite campaigns by far.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised to see no one from Dead Space being put to the test

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: I left more then a few Sci-Fis out as I didn't want to make it too large otherwise some people won't bother. (I was planning on doing something with Dead Space later.)

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@detrolord: Yea, the Alien vs Predator games? The computer games were wonderful, and I loved playing Aliens in that, and they were very intelligent. Cutting off power to turrets, avoiding large patrols to target lone marines...

The Aliens were my favorite campaigns by far.

Hmm for me CM and Preds have the better campaign man they should have added more alien like being a queen or something

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wut

@detrolord: I thought the Pred campaigns were always dreadfully boring. Wayyyyy too easy. I mean, it was cool because of all the abilities, jumping from tree to tree, and the cool weapons, but Xenomorph was my favorite because you got to be sneaky, utterly terrifying people, outsmarting the defenses.. you couldn't just rapestomp a squad of marines like you could as a Pred, you had to really plan it out, lure them out... I loved that.

I only beat the first Aliens vs Predator with the CM, the expansion (where you play as the merc girl), I never got very far in. Facehuggers are a phobia of mine.... They terrifie me and unlike the Xbox game, you can't catch them and fight them off. They jump at you and get you? Dead. I will, literally, use every bit of my ammo killing the eggs before taking a step forward, so playing the CM was like playing a horror game for me.

Old PC ones >>>>> Xbox one.

EDIT: In the expansion to the old pc one, you were a Predalien.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Detrolord

@wut: Never played the expansion true but i'm talking about the story not the gameplay you know the glimpse of the military preds man which they should explore more -_-

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wut

@detrolord: Wait... which one did you play?

This one:

No Caption Provided

Or these ones:

No Caption Provided

Aliens vs Predator 2, and Aliens vs Predator: Primal Hunt?

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Detrolord
@wut said:

@detrolord: Wait... which one did you play?

This one:

No Caption Provided

I think this one i'm not really sure

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wut

@detrolord: That one is the newer one where the Marine you played was called 'rookie'. With the ancient temple. If that is the one you played, man, you need to play the older ones.

On that one, I would agree the Alien campaign wasn't that good, but in the old ones, man, the story line is soooooo much better for all the classes. In the newer one, playing the Marine wasn't really scary and was fun, playing in the old one was terrifying. Every blip was like... death coming.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@detrolord: That one is the newer one where the Marine you played was called 'rookie'. With the ancient temple. If that is the one you played, man, you need to play the older ones.

On that one, I would agree the Alien campaign wasn't that good, but in the old ones, man, the story line is soooooo much better for all the classes. In the newer one, playing the Marine wasn't really scary and was fun, playing in the old one was terrifying. Every blip was like... death coming.

i see i will try it whenever i can

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Detrolord

@killerwasp said:

@wut:

EDIT: Or on second thought... I could just trade the 'upgraded' Xenomorphs for Genestealers.<-- U mean weeniestealers XD

You mean the xenos who can easily overrun squads of terminators -_-

#Tyranids4ever #Tyranids4life

No Caption Provided

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cadians with a karsken would last a little bit, honestly should been Catachan as they are the best non space marine imperium soldiers.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wut

@h3dora101: I had thought about using the Arnold Schwarzenegger Vietnam soldiers, but I went with the more 'well known' regiment in the Cadian.

I would say Sisters of Battle are better.

LokLegends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LokLegends

I could be standing at point blank and the stormtroopers would still miss